PDA

View Full Version : so KK, about psi INT ?

shenten
05-03-04, 15:38
Hi,

i'm not here for the rant.

I'm PPU, got 89 int pure, and was wondering how to capp my int. Then the truth struck me, i got 56M xp int , and I need to reach 172M !! o_O

So, anyone has a tip about this ??? Does KK plan to remove the int nerf after all the nerfage that occured recently ? Monk is the only class that has its stats gimped !

Come on !

Original monk
05-03-04, 15:40
you can do heavy research missions :)

Deanus_willis
05-03-04, 15:42
Even tanks can cap Constitution, so why cant Psi's cap int. If they aren't meant to cap int then why isn't it capped at 90 and have a stat like str at 30, or con at 50 and str at 25. It seems silly that a char cannot EVER cap. thats just nuts o_O

Heavyporker
05-03-04, 15:45
I'm at like 95 natural INT.....

took me like 13 months to get to that point.

I've essentially given up. Really, practically speaking, the last 25 INT points will just give me 5 more hack or psi use....

Original monk
05-03-04, 15:46
Originally posted by Heavyporker

took me like 13 months to get to that point.

I've essentially given up. Really, practically speaking, the last 25 INT points will just give me 5 more hack or psi use....

same here: i dont even bother nomore and wait till they boost intgain again :)

SirRah
05-03-04, 15:52
its not quite true. there are monks who capped INT.

however i do agree that something should be done about the current INT gain lvl. its ridiculous low...

why cant INT lvl at the same speed as a tanks con? :rolleyes:

dutchusuk
05-03-04, 15:52
a few months ago i lommed my ppu when she had 100 mill int to apu and capped her int in a few weeks ,then i lommed back to ppu.
;)

t0tt3
05-03-04, 15:54
Originally posted by dutchusuk
a few months ago i lommed my ppu when she had 100 mill int to apu and capped her int in a few weeks ,then i lommed back to ppu.
;)

Eeeh you gain more INT in team thats why PPU > APU in INT ^^

shenten
05-03-04, 16:04
But how did you do ? cave,cave,cave,cave ??

Eeeh you gain more INT in team thats why PPU > APU in INT ^^

o_O you mean that APU gets more int then PPU when in team ? I'm currently teaming with an APU friend to level int , and we do cave together, you mean that APU in that case gets more int ? is it because APU casts more spell then me ?

Original monk
05-03-04, 16:05
Originally posted by SirRah
its not quite true. there are monks who capped INT.

ffcourse there are, its yust plain old boring lol, or when you only play 1 char for a loong ass time, wich also gets boring :)

Devils Grace
05-03-04, 16:12
PPUS GAIN MORE INT THEN APU's

greploco
05-03-04, 16:12
why cant INT lvl at the same speed as a tanks con?

you mean you want it to go slower than it already does ?

t0tt3
05-03-04, 16:18
Originally posted by shenten
But how did you do ? cave,cave,cave,cave ??

o_O you mean that APU gets more int then PPU when in team ? I'm currently teaming with an APU friend to level int , and we do cave together, you mean that APU in that case gets more int ? is it because APU casts more spell then me ?

No like I said PPU > APU hmm how old are you? Its basic math....
3 > 1 or 1000 >> 1

The PPU get more INT then a APU nuff said
EDIT// not if you team 24/7 APU/PPU combo but thats not the case a PPU teams more then a APU because it need to team, a APU can solo a PPU cannot

Originally posted by greploco

Yea lol right..... 3 days and I can get 8 M w/o even try.... If I could get so much INT in 3 days w/o doing anything special then I would cap my monk ages ago...

SirRah
05-03-04, 16:20
Originally posted by greploco

there are more tanks with capped con than monks with capped int...

and iirc tanks con gain lvls with 100% speed while a monks INT lvls with 50%(?) speed.

shenten
05-03-04, 16:28
Originally posted by t0tt3
No like I said PPU > APU hmm how old are you? Its basic math....
3 > 1 or 1000 >> 1

I was thinking that PPU > APU in the fact that he was screwed in Xp gain :p , PPU is more f***ed then APU regarding int xp.
:p

Devils Grace
05-03-04, 16:53
u all foolish

KK made this with a pourpos (spell?)

dont u know that 10 more int points gives u 10 more points in psu that gives u hmmm ahhh ???12 in mana

AND THATS FUCKING A LOT ISNT IT KK

El_MUERkO
05-03-04, 16:55
DG I think monks want those 10 points of int so they can use Heavy Fire/Poison belts more than the 10 extra points of PSU or say 50 points of barter :)

Strych9
05-03-04, 16:55
PSU? I need it for Barter, my man. ;)

The point is that the PPU is meant to have those points, and seldom ever has access to them.

Change cap to 90, and boost ANY of my other skills by 10.

Devils Grace
05-03-04, 17:04
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
DG I think monks want those 10 points of int so they can use Heavy Fire/Poison belts more than the 10 extra points of PSU or say 50 points of barter :)

heh but u dont need to cap ur int to be able to use heavy belts

u need a DS yes but still

Strych9
05-03-04, 17:06
Heavy belts arent a big deal for me. DS + Psi Core = +10, and Adv Nerves 3 = +5, and Smart Cyber Eye 4 = +4 (+5 once fixed I think). Thats +19, which is good enough for me.

I just want that last 10 levels of barter. :(

ZoomZoom
05-03-04, 17:08
monkey has 92 base int *yawn* :o

i give up on int ......

Glok
05-03-04, 17:08
Don't the smart cyber eyes have dex reqs?

Strych9
05-03-04, 17:09
Good call Glok. Confusing my chars. :)

Glok
05-03-04, 17:11
:)

No biggie for me with the int either. I figure I'll have 85 int when I cap psi, and psi core + adv nerves 3 will get me into a heavy fire.

Devils Grace
05-03-04, 17:12
i cant use advanced nerves i got 0 transportŽ

but my monk is at INT 91 plus DS and Psi core

powa

Glok
05-03-04, 17:15
I'll never have a DS... well not for a long damn time anyways. Also, searching for a TL115 poke isn't my idea of fun. :)

Psyco Groupie
05-03-04, 17:17
Powerleveling is your friend

Devils Grace
05-03-04, 17:23
Originally posted by Glok
I'll never have a DS... well not for a long damn time anyways. Also, searching for a TL115 poke isn't my idea of fun. :)

thats another reason Saturn > pluto :D
Ž
waits for Rince

Glok
05-03-04, 17:26
Originally posted by Devils Grace
thats another reason Saturn > pluto :D Because of MC5 chips or because of poker alts? :p

Strych9
05-03-04, 17:28
Back with my monk Strych9 on Pluto, that was nice because he was a constructor, so he had Psi Core and Special Science + Adv Nerves. So he was doing okay, back before the DS came out.

Now with the monk nerfs, no way my current PPU on Saturn can afford a SS in a brain slot. Its gonna be Core, DS, Def Psi 3 and Def Psi 2.

Maybe give an Int bonus to Psi Attack and Psi Def chips???

Peeping Tom
05-03-04, 17:48
it took em a year to up the monk int gain to 33%
doubt we ever will get a real int gain boost on it
K4F

Candaman
05-03-04, 18:24
Originally posted by Strych9
Heavy belts arent a big deal for me. DS + Psi Core = +10, and Adv Nerves 3 = +5, and Smart Cyber Eye 4 = +4 (+5 once fixed I think). Thats +19, which is good enough for me.

I just want that last 10 levels of barter. :(

U can't wear smart cyber eye 4 on a monk nibbish its a dex req and the higest u can wear is smart cyber eye 1 which gives +1

GT_Rince
05-03-04, 18:24
Originally posted by Devils Grace
thats another reason Saturn > pluto :D
Ž
waits for Rince

LOL - What's DG done to get a 1 week ban ?

:lol:

cRazy2003
05-03-04, 18:33
of course its not impossible, when i use rifles on my rifle spy i slowly gain int, and when ive played monks ths spells ive used have raised my int, so why shud they stop below 100?
it still works fine accept it will take a whole load longer, just keep using ur apu spells if ur a apu etc and u will reach it, just takes ages :p

Clownst0pper
05-03-04, 18:34
monks int gain should be equal to a droners.

there skills are diretly related to each other to function properly

APU + PSI use.

Willpower + remote control

Weapon lore + Rifle combat

all your main skills should lvl at the same speed! :mad:

Lifewaster
06-03-04, 03:06
I'd say just put plus 3,2,1 int on the psi attack and def chips.

That way you can get plus 5 from level 2 and 3 , which kinda helps if you dont have DS.

Other wise, its really not so bad to have an eternal skill to cap, if nothing else it gets high PPUS into caves from time to time ,which helps other levelling runners.

jernau
06-03-04, 03:42
and iirc tanks con gain lvls with 100% speed while a monks INT lvls with 50%(?) speed.

Those %ages are relative to YOUR OWN CLASS. I thought that misunderstanding was cleared up a year ago. It's not like Rustot didn't explain it perfectly clearly from day one.:rolleyes:

On Topic : Monk INT needs fixing - doubling current rates seems about right to me.

Also there is a discrepancy between APUs and PPUs that I just don't get - I often team my APU and PPU on different PCs to level and even though my APU does all the damage the PPU is gaining INT faster o_O.

Imp-wise the Advanced Nerves are shite - it's not as if monk's movement wasn't cripled enough by their PA that they needed to be forced to gimp their TRA too.

Originally posted by Lifewaster
Other wise, its really not so bad to have an eternal skill to cap, if nothing else it gets high PPUS into caves from time to time ,which helps other levelling runners.

Not true - It's almost certain that being fully capped is going to be a requirement for earning the new WoC skills when BDoY arrives. I expect this issue will really explode if KK don't fix the gain-rate before then and the servers fill up with fully WoCed PEs and there's only a few dozen monks with a hope in hell of getting them.

Lifewaster
06-03-04, 03:50
Originally posted by jernau

Not true - It's almost certain that being fully capped is going to be a requirement for earning the new WoC skills when BDoY arrives. I expect this issue will really explode if KK don't fix the gain-rate before then and the servers fill up with fully WoCed PEs and there's only a few dozen monks with a hope in hell of getting them.

Which is why I almost certain WoC will apply to one skill only. Psi for monk, Str for tank, Dex for spy , Int for Pe.

Egeon
06-03-04, 03:54
Int for Pe.
Why int for PE?
Int isn't the PEs mainskill. A PE relies to ALL of his int,str,con,psi,dex. Dex could be most likely be called a PE "mainskill" although I wouldn't do it ;)

jernau
06-03-04, 03:54
Which is why I almost certain WoC will apply to one skill only. Psi for monk, Str for tank, Dex for spy , Int for Pe.

That's upside-down, back-to-front and ass-forwards. Fix the levelling problem don't bodge around it.

WoC is supposed to extend the lifetime of the levelling process not shorten it by encouraging people not to bother capping.

/edit - technically DEX is a PE's "primary skill".

Lifewaster
06-03-04, 04:08
That's upside-down, back-to-front and ass-forwards. Fix the levelling problem don't bodge around it.

WoC is supposed to extend the lifetime of the levelling process not shorten it by encouraging people not to bother capping.

/edit - technically DEX is a PE's "primary skill".

Well this is the info Im going on, I read it as WoC-Strength = WoC-Tank , so there would be one for each class only. I doubt the STR npc will talk to non-tanks etc.

Its a toss up who gets dex or int for spy/pe I spose, but regarding PEs, I expect when they cap either int or dex at 70, they will need to gain the same total exp in int for the WoC-int as tanks need for WoC-strength.

IE: WoC level 1 in whatever skill your class gets, will require exp=str level 110 = 200+ mill etc, PE's are gonna have a LOT of levelling to do after they hit cap.

WoC level 2 prolly requires 250 mill etc....

1.17 Wisdom of Ceres Skills

The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players. E.g. If a tank has reached strength 100, he can continue to gain XP. To reach the first level of WoC-strength, he will not only have to gain a lot of XP, but also find a certain artifact, as well as an NPC that will train him. WoC skills will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools.

Exmond
06-03-04, 04:16
I am an APU

MY Con is slowly starting to beat the hell out of int.. There is a 2 point difference..

*sighs*

So basically my Con is lvling up faster than INT.

jernau
06-03-04, 04:17
Mmm - I can see your logic in connection to the plan-file but I think we need more info from KK before we can extrapolate that far.

I still think/hope that it won't only be based on one skill but we'll have to wait a while yet before we really know for sure.

Lifewaster
06-03-04, 04:26
Mmm - I can see your logic in connection to the plan-file but I think we need more info from KK before we can extrapolate that far.

I still think/hope that it won't only be based on one skill but we'll have to wait a while yet before we really know for sure.

Actually, if they do it this way regarding the exp needed, maybe they could go more than one per char, for example a tank could get WoC-int , all he needs is gain exp from his level 10 cap to 110 lol.

But then it would be rediculous as a PE would PL all WoC stats simultaneously from lev 70.

Course the Artifact could be a way to balance that, if you need to use it while your working a WoC skill, then you could only gain WoC exp in that one skill, so PE would restart at 70 if he switched to a diff stat etc...

So ye maybe we can get multilpe skills.

mdares
06-03-04, 04:44
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
monks int gain should be equal to a droners.

there skills are diretly related to each other to function properly

APU + PSI use.

Willpower + remote control

Weapon lore + Rifle combat

all your main skills should lvl at the same speed! :mad:

exactly! because both skillz (int and psi for monks and int and dex for droners) contribute equaly, hence they should lvl at same amount! like droner lvls int and dex at an equal rate and therefore so should it be for monks >_<

mehirc
06-03-04, 04:49
You know spies are intelligent naturaly, they learn pretty fast all of them. A monk is way more complicated, only the oldest can get the wisest and it needs alot of experience and alot of time. :angel:

Well i think the INT xp is ok, at least i can lvl it pretty good. (i hit INT 100 tomorrow) :)

Shadow Dancer
06-03-04, 05:03
Originally posted by mehirc

Well i think the INT xp is ok, at least i can lvl it pretty good. (i hit INT 100 tomorrow) :)

And how long have you had your monk? :rolleyes:

Disturbed021
06-03-04, 08:48

Congrats when you hit 100...definetly not an easy task to do.
I've had 6 or 7 different monks on Pluto, Saturn and Uranus and the highest I ever got was 87 nat int. Of course once I cap PSI I get bored and delete them so thats not saying too much...

But typically I cap PSI and only have 83-85 int.
imho the Int should be closer to cap when you cap PSI, like 95-96, so umm yeah raise the int xp mo pls.

petek480
06-03-04, 08:54
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
And how long have you had your monk? :rolleyes:
He's had his psi since the beginning of retail.

Anyway, I think the int xp for psis should be raised some. I have int 89 on my psi and it would take non stop leveling for like a week or longer to cap it and when i say non stop i mean 24/7 leveling, thats jsut too much.

mehirc
06-03-04, 12:03
I have my monk since the start of Pluto but i did not lvl very much after i had PSI caped. When i started lvling INT, i had like 50 million INT xp, that was 3-4 months ago. I had INT 89 at that time.

Ok lets see what i did kill from that point of time (119 days, 763 hours of playing):

SANDVIPER 1111
BIG SNAKE MINION 949
SANDVIPER KING 947
SNAKE MINION 919
SMALL KRIŽNAKH FLAPPER 705
SOULCLUSTER 562
KRIŽNAKH FLAPPER 556
FEN FIRE 507
SMALL KRIŽNAKH SLIMEWORM 480
KRIŽNAKH SLIMEWORM 479
BIG FEN FIRE 115
BLOODVIPER KING 99

Doesnt even look that much.

I know its a damn hard way, but mostly because it is simply boring to do the same over and over again. I would like to be able to get XP in some more ways. But well, somehow its ok as it is, i mean that is powerlvling and that has to suck after a while. ;)

mdares
06-03-04, 12:15
I have my monk since the start of Pluto but i did not lvl very much after i had PSI caped. When i started lvling INT, i had like 50 million INT xp, that was 3-4 months ago. I had INT 89 at that time.

Ok lets see what i did kill from that point of time (119 days, 763 hours of playing):

SANDVIPER 1111
BIG SNAKE MINION 949
SANDVIPER KING 947
SNAKE MINION 919
SMALL KRIŽNAKH FLAPPER 705
SOULCLUSTER 562
KRIŽNAKH FLAPPER 556
FEN FIRE 507
SMALL KRIŽNAKH SLIMEWORM 480
KRIŽNAKH SLIMEWORM 479
BIG FEN FIRE 115
BLOODVIPER KING 99

Doesnt even look that much.

I know its a damn hard way, but mostly because it is simply boring to do the same over and over again. I would like to be able to get XP in some more ways. But well, somehow its ok as it is, i mean that is powerlvling and that has to suck after a while. ;)

thtas not alot??? christ...

ok lets clarify this: as a casual gamer u can fully cap ANY other class in a reasonable ammount of time (roughly 3-4 months) EXCEPT the monk (to do monk in that time u have to have no life and just do high lvl mobs all day; present company excluded ofcourse :p). Hence the rate of monk leveling needs to be brought up to par with that of other classes.

mehirc
06-03-04, 12:40
The hours of playing are not the hours of lvling. Maybe i think its not that much because i know someone that killed 3 times more mobs than i did in same time. :o

I know that there are classes easier to lvl, but i love that there are some things left that not _everybody_ can have, above all in short time.

Glok
06-03-04, 13:03
You actually kept detailed records when you started your quest to cap int? Whoa. 8|

mehirc
06-03-04, 13:09
Originally posted by Glok
You actually kept detailed records when you started your quest to cap int? Whoa. 8|

I just saved the logfiles and analysed them. Too bad NC doesnt support statistics. I remember they once have been shown in citycom, but the got rid of it, it never did work anyway.

ino
06-03-04, 15:17
mmm it would be so nice to be able to cap int within a year atleast of decent playing :) My ppu is at 95 or 96 int. Heavent lvled alot in a long time now. It starts to get pretty boring doing cave X1000000000000. And my ppu is now over a year. The slower int was I think to not let monks have the same advantage as spies when it comes to trade skills. But daamn it doesnt have to be this slow, and repetetive to actually get there.

Cause you have like 2 options to cap. play cave's or a dungeon with more than 10 mobs in and go nuts for maby 500 hours.

Or go nuts with researching or something for about the same time, and the second option is so boring that it will kill you before you cap anyway.

Dezh
06-03-04, 15:48
Don't change it! It's cool as it is, it's hard, takes a loots of hours, but atleast the capped ones can be proud of what they've done for their lvls :p

alig
06-03-04, 15:54
Originally posted by Deanus_willis
Even tanks can cap Constitution, so why cant Psi's cap int. If they aren't meant to cap int then why isn't it capped at 90 and have a stat like str at 30, or con at 50 and str at 25. It seems silly that a char cannot EVER cap. thats just nuts o_O

Go on uranus and direct dutchusuk and ask him wot his base int is on his ppu;) it took him 1 month of lvl'ing with an apu to cap int on his ppu....it took my tank about 5 months of lvl'ing to cap con in caves, but i was new at the time so i could probably reduce that to about 1 - 2 months, _IF_ i have the right people with me....2 tanks and a ppu only.

jernau
06-03-04, 16:38
If you want CON on your tank just go to MC5.

J. Folsom
06-03-04, 19:52
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
it took em a year to up the monk int gain to 33%
doubt we ever will get a real int gain boost on it
K4F It was actually upped to 50% from the original 33%.

--

However, due to the way experience calculations for Neocron work, you only get around a quarter of the experience in Intelligence then you get in Psi when using APU.

To explain:

Let's say you get 3000 experience per hit from a mob, two thirds (2000) of this experience is for Psi (Since APU and PPW are both things which affect spell effectiveness), and one third (1000) is for Intelligence (PSU).

Then the experience modifiers for your class get applied, since a PSI Monk Psi get's a 100% modifier, it get's 2000 experience. Int however, has a 50% modifer, and because of that you get 500 experience.

Hence, Int is roughly one quarter of your Psi if you've been levelling int and psi only by fighting normally using APU.

EDIT: That's a theory by the way, not actual fact.

Glok
06-03-04, 19:54
Originally posted by J. Folsom
EDIT: That's a theory by the way, not actual fact. It's very close though. Last time I checked, I had about 14 mill int xp and 51 mill psi xp.

ezza
06-03-04, 20:10
ima tank and i gotta say monks should gain more intel XP than what they do.

i know when i had a monk, think when i capped my psi i still needed about 15-20 intel levels, was pathetic.

i capped my tanks cons the other day that i started long time after my monk and i didnt even put that much effort into leveling my tanks cons

Dezh
07-03-04, 13:59
It takes 5 days to cap your con,
if you're slow.

alig
07-03-04, 17:39
Originally posted by Dezh
It takes 5 days to cap your con,
if you're slow.

By repeatedly shootiing urself with a ppu:rolleyes:

SirRah
07-03-04, 17:40
Originally posted by alig
By repeatedly shootiing urself with a ppu:rolleyes:

which is illegal :rolleyes:

jernau
07-03-04, 17:43

and even more tedious than poking a MOVEON for monkey DEX.

LVirus
08-03-04, 08:48

Says who?

Glok
08-03-04, 10:30
Originally posted by LVirus
Says who? Says KK. It's a new rule. A rather silly one but hey.

Ultazha
08-03-04, 12:51
List of Prohibited In-Game Actions

The following actions are in violation of the Neocron rules of conduct (RoC) and will result in a warning and possibly a temporary ban of the Neocron account:

Spamming public in-game chat channels.
Pushing dead bodies beyond zone boundaries.
Dropping turrets in boxes/trees (or any other place that renders them untargetable ) or on outpost walls.
Copying another runner's name with the express purpose of gaining personal advantage or harassing the original.
LE'd runners refusing to leave a dungeon (thus preventing it from being reset).
Levelling constitution by repeatedly damaging yourself (either directly or indirectly)
Levelling constitution by repeatedly and purposely getting yourself killed by CopBots or S.T.O.R.M Bots.

This list will be continuously updated and is therefore subject to change at any time. Ignorance of these rules is not an acceptable defence.

Source:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91346
http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=195