PDA

View Full Version : Different chars in different factions. Do you keep them seperate?

SynC_187
05-03-04, 13:30
Last night a clan in a faction allied to me started attacking me. After a while, back in a safe zone they spoke to me, saying I was KoS for killing one of their alts.

This alt was in a different faction which was red to me.

This just strikes me as childish and against the storyline of the game. There is no roleplay there, its just someone using an alt to get their revenge.

If they were in the same faction or allied factions that were hostile to me then fine, I guess they could invent some story behind it.

I play chars in different factions, but I keep them completely separate.

People are always moaning that there's not enough events and no-one roleplays. Its this kind of attitude thats the cause.

These people aren't here to play Neocron. They're here to win and thats it. They don't care how.

jernau
05-03-04, 13:32
IMO - that's wrong but there's nothing you can do about it unfortunately.

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 13:32
thus the reason why pluto > saturn

ezza
05-03-04, 13:33
i keep all my fighting chars in one faction so if you kill one fighter my other is in the same faction and so you know whats going down.

my non fighters are in other factions, but tbh i wouldnt bother attacking you with them just cos your KOS to my mains clan/chars

however i might relog to my tank;)

mega dont talk out your ass, lots of people on pluto have alts.

i play both pluto and saturn and i have 3 accounts and if you look at a lot of people sigs who play pluto they have multi chars to attack with

Glok
05-03-04, 13:34
I killed an allied faction last night for attacking our team's ppu. He was enemy to the ppu, but I didn't like that. So dead.

SynC_187
05-03-04, 13:34
Originally posted by leGit v. 2
thus the reason why pluto > saturn

I've played on both and I'm getting to the stage when I'm starting to agree with you.

Saturn is a lot more childish too.

Originally posted by ezza
i keep all my fighting chars in one faction so if you kill one fighter my other is in the same faction and so you know whats going down.

my non fighters are in other factions, but tbh i wouldnt bother attacking you with them just cos your KOS to my mains clan/chars

however i might relog to my tank;)

That I see no problem with. I would do the same.

Sorontar
05-03-04, 13:39
That just basically sucks and the guy is an arse...............

Victor Crowe
05-03-04, 13:43
i play both pluto and saturn and i have 3 accounts and if you look at a lot of people sigs who play pluto they have multi chars to attack with

But they dont do it. Dont ask me why, they just dont.

I try to keep all my alts in the same faction. Most ppl I know do it the same way, usually keeping their alts even in the same clan.
If I make an exception, the char goes to an allied faction. If I feel like going enemy faction with an alt, then I usually reroll to a new name to keep things separated. That behavior that SynC_187 describes in his post made make stop playing on Uranus and after I found the same on Saturn I stopped playing there too. Why cant people keep these things separated?

metalangel
05-03-04, 13:48
Well, when you have an alt with a different faction and SOMEONE YOU KNOW kills that alt you tend to get offended... but you have to realize. Which is why I'm trying to get all my alts onto the same faction, so then I will be entirely justified in attempting to lay the smack down on gankers of my alts.

Original monk
05-03-04, 13:49
if some retarded pigbrain shoots my leveling nib to dead and sexes it afterwords then i log in a random char thats capable of killing the pigbrain, nomather what faction, clan, name, or whatever he may have ... he's gonna pay for he's crime so atleast there is some form of justice :)

(edit: killing a leveling alt on purpose in the sewers/caves on low hp isnt my idea of roleplay either ya know ... so if they dont want roleplay then i dont give em roleplay, but pure FPS :) )

winnoc
05-03-04, 13:50
I have 3 of my alts in the same clan, and the one that has an LE is in the same faction.

This makes it easier for me to behave tangent, and keep track of which factions are hostile to me :-)

And yes, i am blond :-)

SynC_187
05-03-04, 13:55
Originally posted by Original monk
if some retarded pigbrain shoots my leveling nib to dead and sexes it afterwords then i log in a random char thats capable of killing the pigbrain, nomather what faction, clan, name, or whatever he may have ... he's gonna pay for he's crime so atleast there is some form of justice :)

(edit: killing a leveling alt on purpose in the sewers/caves on low hp isnt my idea of roleplay either ya know ... so if they dont want roleplay then i dont give em roleplay, but pure FPS :) )

The alt was a reasonable level and was fully healed, and one of my clan had said he was killed there by a tank of that faction, this was the only tank of that faction. If he felt high enough to PvP against clanned people then he should of expected the results. Oh and no sex was involved :p

deac
05-03-04, 14:05

mega dont talk out your ass, lots of people on pluto have alts.

yes true but we do tend to keep em in the same faction...

ezza
05-03-04, 14:13
Originally posted by deac
yes true but we do tend to keep em in the same faction... fair enough, but not everyone will

but on the other hand, on saturn, ive proberbly only been attacked by someones alt about 2 or 3 times in all the time ive played

MrChumble
05-03-04, 14:38
If someone from our clan does epic runs or has an alt in another faction the general rule is 'yer on yer own' unless the person who attacks them is also enemy to us.

But it works both ways, as far as I'm concerned they are free to seek any revenge they want that might have been restricted while in our clan.

For a while I ran a TG Alt in FF, but as far as I know FF never knew said alt was me, and my clan never knew who the FF alt was. Others will disagree I'm sure, but I think this sort of thing is fine so long as each character is played from the perspective of their own faction. I never passed BRTF info from my FF alt, and likewise never passed FF info from my BRTF alt. I just liked to see the world from the other side of the fence (and as such have more respect for FF than I did when I started).

The FF alt is long gone btw guys so no need to start a witch hunt :)

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 14:41
yea pluto players got alts.. but im glad they have to pay for it..

SynC_187
05-03-04, 14:46
Originally posted by MrChumble
If someone from our clan does epic runs or has an alt in another faction the general rule is 'yer on yer own' unless the person who attacks them is also enemy to us.

Exactly. In this case I'm allied to the char he is seeking revenge with, and not just that, but as he is the leader of a clan, he has made me KoS with the whole clan.

I don't care about being KoS. This char is KoS with whole neutral factions because I play a bad guy and its great fun, but they have a good reason that fits the game, so it doesn't bother me.

Psyco Groupie
05-03-04, 14:47
Originally posted by SynC_187
Exactly. In this case I'm allied to the char he is seeking revenge with, and not just that, but as he is the leader of a clan, he has made me KoS with the whole clan.

I don't care about being KoS. This char is KoS with whole neutral factions because I play a bad guy and its great fun, but they have a good reason that fits the game, so it doesn't bother me.

Thats they way the cookie crumbles

SynC_187
05-03-04, 14:48
Guess I'm gonna have bad SL for a while ;)

Edit: That siggy is great

MrChumble
05-03-04, 15:24
Originally posted by SynC_187
Edit: That siggy is great

I keep pressing 'stop' on IE cos it gets on my nerves :D It's like hamsterdance without the hamsters or the music :p