PDA

View Full Version : Demolitions skill?

seratoz
05-03-04, 09:57
So yeah ive been thinking about the possibility of more rp in the game and i noticed that atm there is no real super heavy duty weapon that is stationary and remotely detonated. I think it would be interesting to give spies a usefull Demolitions skill seeing as they have stealth to help take out turrets and the like, or to plan ahead for strategic purposes (planting at a ug in op wars)......... i havent really though much about it but id like to see what people think. Dont have any proposed reqs or devices or damage levels. (but i would think damage should be really high, and maybe have a setting time drawback):confused:

btw i play a monk ONLY

Opar
05-03-04, 10:00
Im sure a pretty simlar idea has been suggested before. But yeah, maybe if it cost quite a lot for parts etc. to build the bomb.... But i can see exploits now.

TheGreatMilenko
05-03-04, 10:33
like the planetside boomer mines ooo those were fun hehe
*stealths* *puts boomer under CC* *waits for enemy to come*
*presses trigger* *BOOM

Original monk
05-03-04, 10:36
remmebr 007 goldeneye the game ?? with the proximity mines and the remote mines and stuff ?

remember halflife fire arms ... you put a marker on the ground set up youre mortar and start bombing the place ??

would be cool yeah, same as with turrets that could be deployed anywhere where a tank can sit in to make a fixed firing unit ... comes in handy at OPwars not ?

Benjie
05-03-04, 10:45
Grenades!

:) :)

btw I like the idea. So long as there not purely destructive bombs.

IE a bomb that makes your position obvious in the distance and when stealthed.

TheGreatMilenko
05-03-04, 11:11
Originally posted by TheGreatMilenko
like the planetside boomer mines ooo those were fun hehe
*stealths* *puts boomer under CC* *waits for enemy to come*
*presses trigger* *BOOM
wut i said still ownz so KK jus copy PS :) and make stealths suites like it to :P

Revslad
05-03-04, 11:45
im pretty sure they had mines on the test server at one time with the red laser trigger beam O_o

Benjie
05-03-04, 11:48
I vote YES for demolitions.

I think that they should be a SPY weapon, with PE's being able to hybrid with the lower ones.

Then move Grenades over to Demolitions.

Then Spy's would have Grenades. (area weapons)

naimex
05-03-04, 11:51
Demolitions skill?

What´s wrong with the current demolitions class ?

I play tanks..

and TBH..

I say let EVERYTHING be destroyable.

lets see.. what do we have here ?? is it an outpost... with WALLS !!

*pulls out moonie*

Lets tear down some emotional walls and go settle it quietly.

*a voice from inside the OP yells* "HELL NO!!!"

*/me starts blasting moonie rockets against the OP wall*

*op wall breaks*

ATTACK !!!!

*op gets taken, a repair function (like the one on vehicles is added to citycom)*

*/me goes to citycom and pays 200 k for a new wall to the op*

or how about going into PP and start destroying buildings ?

anyone whos been to OZ has seen its destructive design..

anyone whos played the offline trailer has seen how a destroyed plaza can look like..

NOW NOBODY COME TELL ME THIS WOULDNT BE A COOL ADDON!!

seratoz
05-03-04, 18:18
sweet ass ideas, i like destructable walls cuz it would add much more reaslism....... just gotta be carefull with using that for exploits (better yet only make it buildings in the wastelands) NTM it would create a huge money sink for clans who want to monopolise ops
*~*~*~*~*goes on a wall blowing escapade*~*~*~*~*:lol: :D