PDA

View Full Version : Contructing,Recycling and Researching ideas...

Endar
04-03-04, 20:33
Well since these seem to be popular i add my own old idea here (i posted it in the brainport about 8 months ago and got 0 reply)...

And mods please let this idea be here for atleast few days so someone will actually see it, the brainport is dead anyway.

I hope you can understand what i mean, because my english is not very good. I live in Finland anyways so the only place i learn english from is school and MMORPGs

Oh and i dont think this post will change anything but i think these ideas are great anyway...

Sooo the recycling idea first:

Well i tought about this and i think this would make the recycling class much more interesting. How about if you would need to recycle some parts so you could make weapon parts from them? I mean, if you find a metal pipe you could use recycling and lasercutter or something on it and create a rough barrel. Then after that you could use something on it and make a barrel, if you would cut it again after that you would make short barrel (would be used to make pistols). When you have made the barrel you could use screwdriver or something on a computer junk and make a chip witch you could program to be a laser pistols chip. After that just meld plastic and metal to make a simple laser pistol body or something.

If you have great enought recycling skill you would make better quality parts, and from those it would be easier to construct a better quality weapon.

Researching:

Well the researcher would actually decide what kind of item you would get. The researcher uses researching tool to create BPs of items (you would need the item itself) and would determine what parts are used to make the weapon. If the customer would want to get a low level laser pistol, the researcher would choose simple/pistol/laser and if the researching skill of resser is high enought, he would make BPs of low lvl laser pistol. Ofcourse he could copy the old BPs and that wouldnt require much skill, but it would be harder to make a exact copy of allready constucted weapon than it would be to create new BP.

Why? Because if he would want to make a copy of constructed weapon, he would need to figure out what parts are used in that without breaking the weapon or tearing it up into pieces.

Constructing:

Well the constructor would make the weapon when he has BPs and the item parts. When he knows what to do and how to do it, it would be much of a job just but it together. But if the contructor is skilled enought, he could make the weapon without the BPs of the item. That would take more time and be much harder than just following the instructions of the BP so you really couldnt use it for high level items.

I know that these changes wont make it to the game to BDoY and prolly wont never be there, but i posted this anyway. So please dont say that you dont like the ideas because of that.

Endar
04-03-04, 21:50
Wow 20 guys have read my post and noone has said anything about it... I think this is going to be another 0 replys :(

cRazy2003
04-03-04, 22:31
yea it will be LOL
but i feel sorry for ya, so i'll post even though i didnt read what u said cos i cudnt be bothered
so i may as well just add http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~bpantano/spock.jpg

Maarten
04-03-04, 22:43
I think it's too much of a hassle for most players...
They just want their weapon build. :)

However, I would love to see the old weaponparts back. The ones that are used in the offline tutorial.

SmackDaddy
04-03-04, 22:49
There is a salvage/recycling system already, isn't there? And BTW, I'm just a noob, but it seems pretty complicated as it is. I can imagine the developers thinking about a bunch of new weapon parts, new recipes for weapons, etc. They probably didn't think about it for too long. o_O

BTW, your english is quite good, much better than many native english speakers I see posting.

Endar
05-03-04, 09:55
SmackDaddy: Thanks :D Recycling is actually quite simple, you really cant make anything else than chemicals and ammo with it, the other things are useless. And you really dont want to recycle chemicals because noone wants to buy em and if you sell em to shop you will not get enought money to do anything, you get like 3cr for each solantium you sell, and thats for 4 pieces of chitin... But hey thanks for posting guys :)