PDA

View Full Version : Comp help plz

El Barto
04-03-04, 19:19
My other computer doesn't output to the screen most of the time, when I boot it up it all works fine, showing me the nvidia logo system check and the WIndows XP loading bar. Then once it loads to the log in screen my screen goes black, like there i nothing being output to the screen, the monitor light flashes which normaly happens when its on but nothing it being output to it.

I know that the log in screen is loaded cos I can use the keyboard and log in and hear it though my speakers, but nothing comes onto the monitor, it just has the flashing light which come up when its on and nothing it being output to it. The monitor does work, cos I am using it on this comp atm and its perfect.

PLEASE help me some one.

Victor Crowe
04-03-04, 19:30
Could it be that you switched the output to the 2nd monitor on your gfx properties that you dont have. This usually looks like you described it. The moment Windows loaded its GUI it switches to the 2nd monitor aka output device.

El Barto
04-03-04, 19:32
Originally posted by Victor Crowe
Could it be that you switched the output to the 2nd monitor on your gfx properties that you dont have. This usually looks like you described it. The moment Windows loaded its GUI it switches to the 2nd monitor aka output device.

Is there away to fix that? I think I understand what you said, but I got no idea how I did that if I even did.

Candaman
04-03-04, 19:34
its most likely ur drivers barty baby if its windows xp keep hitting f8 during boot up until u hit the menu then scroll to the option "enable VGA mode" hit enter then hit enter on ur operating system and ur fixed just note reset ur grafix settings when u re-enter windows

04-03-04, 19:39
turn ya brightness / contrast up :>

stanger things have happened, possibly knocked them down?

El Barto
04-03-04, 20:02
Originally posted by Candaman
its most likely ur drivers barty baby if its windows xp keep hitting f8 during boot up until u hit the menu then scroll to the option "enable VGA mode" hit enter then hit enter on ur operating system and ur fixed just note reset ur grafix settings when u re-enter windows

IT WORKED, well kinda, I can actulyl see stuffo n the monitor now, but its stuck on some really low shity ressolution, and if I put it any higher the screen goes blank again, ad ideas?

Vampire222
04-03-04, 20:05
reinstall ur drivers, and try to use a resolution thats NOT out of reach of your monitor (that prolly caused it )

El Barto
04-03-04, 20:07
Originally posted by Vampire222
reinstall ur drivers, and try to use a resolution thats NOT out of reach of your monitor (that prolly caused it )

I'll try that, but the ress I use is 1024x782 and it works fine on my other comp and jsut yesterday worked perfect on this one.

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 20:07
its either too high resolution or too high refersh rate

Candaman
04-03-04, 20:08
its not rez its refresh rate if anything

El Barto
04-03-04, 20:26
Well, I tried on 1024 x 782 with 60Hz refreash rate (which is the only option windows gives me on right click > properties > settings). It used to work on that, and still does on my other comp, any other ideas, also I have to fold F5 down and go to VGA settings every time I boot up the comp, I am such a n0o0b with these things.

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 20:29
you installed some sorta refresh rate fix ?

El Barto
04-03-04, 20:33
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
you installed some sorta refresh rate fix ?

Don't even know what one is =(

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 20:35
ok so safe to say you havent ...

what monitor is it and do you know the max resolution / refresh ?

El Barto
04-03-04, 20:45
Ress = 1152 x 864 max Refresh Rate = 70, or 75, but its on 60 atm.

El Barto
04-03-04, 20:46
I really don't know why I didn't do this b4, butI did a system restore and it worked, btw thanx for the help all, I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!111oneoneone, some mod can close this now if they want, but SEX @ j00 ALL that replyed

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 20:48
fool :)

come join the party in the fish thread