PDA

View Full Version : MST Reqs

Omnituens
04-03-04, 18:46
OK, it has come to my attention that MST reqs on spells are now FUCKED UP.

My pluto monk is having to spec much more MST to use the spells, and PPW is suffereing.

I say that the MST reqs on spells should be lowered to a similar level to pre-hybrid nerf.

The polls give you a few options to chose, so read them all, and post comments, i dont want to see this idea flushed to the archives like my research post :(

EDIT: Be wary when voting; READ the option to make sure you vote for the option you want to!

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 18:51
Unless your a hybrid this should rly matter ?

Or are you leveling ?

Omnituens
04-03-04, 18:52
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Unless your a hybrid this should rly matter ?

Or are you leveling ?
leveling APU on pluto.

Candaman
04-03-04, 18:53
personally i'm a ppu and the mst req's have not changed one single bit on the higher tl spells so unless ur a hyb then there is no problem and if ur a hyb ur not meant to use the higher spells without gimpage.

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 18:56
hmmm ... well until you get a psi core or whatever your mana does suck .. but thats life .... less mst would give apus capped spells and capped pool, which would be nice i guess hmmm

Omnituens
04-03-04, 18:57
I have noticed slight error in my poll, third option should read

Drop MST reqs to levels slightly higher than pre-last nerf

If i moderator could edit that id be grateful

this is the option i voted on btw

Strych9
04-03-04, 19:01
I wish people wouldnt assume capped runners when discussing things. Yes, the new rules for APU/PPU levels really do suck when anywhere BUT capped.

Before you at least had some freedom... like every other class in existence... to make a CHOICE in where your points go. Pure PPU/APUs no longer have a choice. I just got 75 Psi (including imps) and went to get Haz 2, and found that I need four more points in MST to use it (so two more levels of Psi). Earlier in the levelling I was burned the same way, but with PPU instead of MST.

But I guess because monks are overpowered, instead of striving for balance people think its okay that the human players should pay the price.

Glok
04-03-04, 22:37
MST reqs haven't changed as far as I can tell. Every spell has had the rame reqs ingame as I specced them on rustot's site, which is old as piss now. :confused:

PPU/APU reqs went right silly though. Maybe that's what the poll is supposed to be on?

Maarten
04-03-04, 22:55
I thought I was crazy... :wtf:

MST requirements haven't changed at all afaik...

g0rt
04-03-04, 22:56
Other:

Put the +4 ppw back on the psicore and ds. It was a COMPLETELY uncalled for nerf, should have never been done.

Omnituens
05-03-04, 00:48
A/PPU req have changed and with reason. Im saying that the MST should be dropped at least a bit to allow leveling monks to reach the spells they could before at a similar level; they can spec more APU so therefore meet the reqs for higher spells earlier, or you will find yourself trying to get for PSI 85->86 with a HEH or something stupid like that. Other classes can use high TL weapons sooner, and therefore more XP.

I have just set out the poll badly, thats all. bad wording. if a mod could remove the poll and i can PM them with a new one that'll be great.

The PPW bonus was dropped ont eh Psi core/DS because it was compensating for the A/PPU malus and power loss form their being both bonuses, a problem i pointed out, on the chips. now that malus has gone, the extra PPW is overkill.

g0rt
05-03-04, 00:51
My tank can cap his weapons and cap his hp pool easy.

My monks have no chance in hell to cap thier weapons and cap thier mana pool, no chance....if i wanna cap my mana pool im gonna be using gimped weapons, if i wanna cap my weapons im gonna have a gimped mana pool

The +4 on each should have never been taken off.

Glok
05-03-04, 00:52
Originally posted by Omnituens
A/PPU req have changed and with reason. Im saying that the MST should be dropped at least a bit to allow leveling monks to reach the spells they could before at a similar level; they can spec more APU so therefore meet the reqs for higher spells earlier, or you will find yourself trying to get for PSI 85->86 with a HEH or something stupid like that. Other classes can use high TL weapons sooner, and therefore more XP.Well, I'm using energy beam at base 85 psi, and have been since base 78. I could easily use HL if I wanted, but I'm going hyb when I cap and don't want to LoM so I'm just not spending any points now. And I have base 63 ppw specced, have had for some time.

Omnituens
05-03-04, 01:04
g0rt, i fully agree with you

unfortunatly, some of the less 'enlightened' members of the forums will just scream nerf when they see something positive happening to the monk class.

i would love to see in next patch notes:

PSI Changes:
-PPW bonus restored on PSI Core/DS
-MST Req on spells reduced by [insert number here]% on all spells with altered A/PPU reqs

but KK don't have the balls to.