PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful bugs that just killed the game=/

SypH
04-03-04, 18:21
Dont you just love Neocrons many bugs that cause items to vanish. Last time I overlooked it. Sure I lost a speed gat, a Marine, a 4 slot Paw of Tiger and about 15 rares parts, but after today I think I'm just going to give in and cancel my account. I logged on today to find that my 5 liberators, my 2 slot judge and various other weapons and rares were gone. I dont have the resources and clan back up to replace this and quite frankly I just dont think I have the motivation to spend a long time hunting for more Liberator parts, pistol Ultima parts and judge parts.

I wasnt hacked or anything, nor have I shared out my password. This morning I was moving my weapons from my gogo to a cabinet and I got booted due to Saturns server maintenance. When I logged back on, everyhting I had moved was gone. I relogged thinking I was bugged. Still nothing. I checked my other apts incase I was in the wrong one. Nothing again.

Response from help desk? Sorry for the inconvenience, but our supervisor says tough luck. Right....thanks for giving me a reason to stop playing NC=/

cRazy2003
04-03-04, 18:25
it seems to me you have been hacked or youve got a backdoor trojan and someones doing something with ur computer of ur account because that just doesnt happen, ive NEVER lost a single item in almost a year of playing, mebbe one or 2 people would of lost a few items in the past but it cant be that bad, unless u got the items using a cheat or exploit in which they may of been taken away from ur account or whatever thats just not right

Genty
04-03-04, 18:25
Thats pritty harsh but I would call it more of a server fart than a Neocron bug.

Strych9
04-03-04, 18:28
I love it. Someone indicates they moved items as Saturn was taken down for maintenance, and someone else says he must have been hacked. LOL

Server glitches like that suck. I feel for ya.

rhPhMe
04-03-04, 18:29
lol....i know how he feels.....you loose a item that could cost up to 3 mill to buy from someone.....and teh helpdesk offers you 100 k

Neocron has no bugs....it is a bug......cept i luv it :)

0_o

SypH
04-03-04, 18:30
Originally posted by cRazy2003
it seems to me you have been hacked or youve got a backdoor trojan and someones doing something with ur computer of ur account because that just doesnt happen, ive NEVER lost a single item in almost a year of playing, mebbe one or 2 people would of lost a few items in the past but it cant be that bad, unless u got the items using a cheat or exploit in which they may of been taken away from ur account or whatever thats just not right Dude it wasnt a hack. If it was a hacked account why didnt any of my important imps like my FH2, PP chip, Move On vanish? I can assure you I didnt get any of my weapons from exploits. 3 of the libs were from trades, as was the judge (I can even tell you who traded me them), and the other 2 were built by a friend. Like I said this is the second time this has happened to me. The last time my character got buggered up KK had no problem rolling him back and this was only a month or two ago.

Losing all my important stuff to a server hiccup is worse than losing it any other way=/

Pwnage
04-03-04, 18:30
Wouldn't they announce server maintenance?

I dunno... if they didn't then I feel sorry for you and KK should be doing a better job, but if they did annouce it, WTF were you doing sorting items?

SypH
04-03-04, 18:32
Originally posted by rhPhMe
.....and teh helpdesk offers you 100 k

0_o Hell I didnt even get that. I'd have probably been more insulted had they offered it though.

@Pwnage. They probably did announce it but I was paying more attention to what I was doing, and with trade chat scrolling by like it does things like htat are pretty easy to miss. It's happened before (missing server maint. announcements), but I didnt lose anything last time.

rhPhMe
04-03-04, 18:33
yeah i know.....its a kick in the face....100 k cant even buy 1 rare part to rebuild..

Zaq
04-03-04, 18:47
Yup I know how you feel, a while ago I had a clan friend lose a cab full of rares. He said he'd been reorganising his cabs and the next time he logged on they were gone. And of course he left the game because helpdesk wouldn't compensate him.

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 18:50
Have you checked the gogu ?

SypH
04-03-04, 18:55
Checked tho gogo and every cab in my 3 apts. Nada. They only weapons I have left are a few blacksuns I had as back up weps. The real pisser is that 3 of the libbys were back up weapons incase I lost my other 2=/

Furion
04-03-04, 19:06
this has happened to me also, server MAINTENANCE!!
i had been to an OP war the day before, and i logged off without retrieving my stuff. so the next day, i log on, retrieve my stuff, and see the server maintenance in 5 mins message. i log off.
when i came back my inventory was empty, and i didnt get anything from the GR when i tried that. my entire inventory was gone, and since it was my OP fight equipment, i lost basically everything.....

helpdesk reply: we cant help you, have 100k.....

kurai
04-03-04, 19:29
It's not a hack.

Simply a mismatch between the database state on disk and the active database state when the server was taken down.

It's happened to me once a long time ago, when I was shifting apartments around.

Still - although there's a rational explanation for it, it's still a pretty poor way to handle downing a server.

@KK: Active state & transactions need to be committed & database synced before you reboot, guys :rolleyes:

Might be helpful (http://www.mysql-fuer-dummies.de/)
http://www.mitp.de/images/130p/3-8266-3022-X.gif

LTA
04-03-04, 19:53
Originally posted by kurai

@KK: Active state & transactions need to be committed & database synced before you reboot, guys :rolleyes:

Might be helpful (http://www.mysql-fuer-dummies.de/)
http://www.mitp.de/images/130p/3-8266-3022-X.gif

They wouldn't waste the time

They just don't give a flying fuck as long as you pay subscription, think only mebbe 2 of the helpdesk actually do genuinely care but meh, i got 100k for a bugged boost 1 psi spell which cost me about 2k to replace from the mb psi vendors...

so if you got 100k for your rare/rares that will make you feel even angrier than before..... :D

even if a couple did manage to pull a con and grab a cs or something would it hurt that much? if they did it regular or obviously then its not gonna be that hard to sort.
I spose even all these screenies of my entire rare inv/db wouldn't be enough evidence i bet even if a gm came in looked at all my cabs the day before help desk would still accuse me of lying....

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 19:55
Well you do hang around with a dodgy crowd these days ;)

Shadow Dancer
04-03-04, 21:14
I thought KK said they would roll back chars if they lost stuff due to server maintanence?

SypH
04-03-04, 22:33
Thats what I thought too, but I guess not. The person who actually emailed me back (Jolene Kitch) did appeal my case to the supervisor, who then said no. It's kinda shitty cause I really enjoy this game, but I'll be buggered if Im going to waste all the time I spent getting those weapons again.

MrChumble
04-03-04, 22:48
Yup, it's the bugs that kill the game more than anything else :(

I'm still annoyed about losing my rifle kami cos it showed in my inventory as a distance weapon 1, which I threw on the floor.

And what did KK do? Offered me 100k! :mad:

I finally got a replacement a few months later at the cost of 15 mil. Oh well.

Spoon
04-03-04, 23:04
You just logged on and started to move the entire contents of your gogo to your cabinets without seeing a server shut down warning?
Why did you decide to move all your stuff to the cabinets(sounds like stuff you would be using on a daily basis)?

Anyone that's played this game for any amoumt of time knows to log off when the warning is given.....

Something about your story doesn't sound right....

SypH
04-03-04, 23:23
Why is it every time something like this happens someone assumes the worst about a person?

I had been planning to make some space in my gogo the previous night as it was near full, but I was too tired to be bothered at 4am and since I had a bit of time before I had to leave for uni, I thought I would do it this morning. It wasnt the entire contents of my gogo it was just the weapons that I wasnt currently using. I'm unlikely to be using 5 libbys at once am I? I havent enough dex for the judge so no point leaving that in my gogo. I was using PA2 to activate my imps to get my dex up so no point leaving PA3 in my gogo when I have to drug everytime I want to use it. I put my spare shelter away since the one Im using more than does the job. I put my unmodded 4 slot blacksun away cause I couldnt find a cster this morning, and was just going to stick with my 3 slot already modded for the time being. No point leaving them in there to waste space. Nice the way people assume something dubious was happening without knowing the full story.

If I had noticed the warning I wouldnt have bothered (well with hindsight I wouldnt...I wasnt aware that stuff like this could happen when the server shuts down), but as I said I didnt notice it, so carried on with my business.

Oath
05-03-04, 01:12
Originally posted by rhPhMe
lol....i know how he feels.....you loose a item that could cost up to 3 mill to buy from someone.....and teh helpdesk offers you 100 k

0_o

Because of tit's that exploit the rules, the 100k policy was there for a reason, think about it for a while, then realise that it was to stop lame ass foo's from claiming they had 1000000 5 slot all arti cs's and one of every rare and rare imp ever and they 'got bugged and losted dem coz da servurs are not pwnage no more'

Sure the 100k policy was a slap in the face for GENUINE cases, but blame the asses that exploited it in the begining not KK.

I may also add that there is now NO 100k policy.
http://neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=195

1. Loss of in-game items

The loss of items will not normally be compensated. The sole exception will be when Reakktor Media GmbH or the Neocron Support Team have provided prior notification of issues affecting the game servers, in which case backups of characters may be restored. Direct compensation of items or in-game currency is not permitted.

Nuff said.

MrChumble
05-03-04, 04:05
Originally posted by Spoon
(sounds like stuff you would be using on a daily basis)?

Why would anyone need five liberators on a daily basis? o_O

trigger hurt
05-03-04, 04:27
Originally posted by SypH
Dont you just love Neocrons many bugs that cause items to vanish. Last time I overlooked it. Sure I lost a speed gat, a Marine, a 4 slot Paw of Tiger and about 15 rares parts, but after today I think I'm just going to give in and cancel my account. I logged on today to find that my 5 liberators, my 2 slot judge and various other weapons and rares were gone. I dont have the resources and clan back up to replace this and quite frankly I just dont think I have the motivation to spend a long time hunting for more Liberator parts, pistol Ultima parts and judge parts.

I wasnt hacked or anything, nor have I shared out my password. This morning I was moving my weapons from my gogo to a cabinet and I got booted due to Saturns server maintenance. When I logged back on, everyhting I had moved was gone. I relogged thinking I was bugged. Still nothing. I checked my other apts incase I was in the wrong one. Nothing again.

Response from help desk? Sorry for the inconvenience, but our supervisor says tough luck. Right....thanks for giving me a reason to stop playing NC=/

Last night, I deleted 2 characters because both their inventories and apartments were gone. Tried relogging. Tried logging on to a different char and logging back in on him.

I know my account wasnt hacked, because when the items disappeared, I was on one of them. Logged out to log in to another char, later logged back on to the other char and their stuff was gone.

So, I lost in total

From My Monk
-2 slot Holy Lightning
-2 slot Holy Firestorm
-2 slot Fire Apocalypse
-2 slot Holy Antibuff
-3 APU PA 3's
-500 psi boosters
-15 Techs
-psi core

From My PE
-4 Judges. Ranging from 2 slot to 3 slot. All ultimated and all stats artifact
-2 Liberators. one ultimated, one just fire mod'd for hunting
-3 PE Pistol PA 4's
-special forces cpu, 2 marines, 3 moveons, 2 pp resistors (these werent in my head, the ones in my head I was able to save before killing them off)
-300 Techs

Sure, I could have asked for a rollback, but I don't think I should have to. The database shouldn't have issue like this where items disappear. I was so pissed off about it, I just deleted em. I'll play my other chars...but if my stuff disappears from them, I'll either cancel my account or move to a different server.

The reliability of the database in this game is laughable..

El Karotto
05-03-04, 06:16
well, last week i wanted to enter my app ....wrong pw....tried again....wrong pw....took my app key and the pw had changed in another one.....changed pw into its old....entered my app.....app is empty

130 rare weapons gone ......the same happened to my rare parts app (about 750 ressed parts) all gone !!!!

1 and a half year i collected parts and built that weapons, since i started playing that bug, and i lost everything !!!

did i get help from HELPdesk ????? NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!

Spoon
05-03-04, 06:55
Originally posted by MrChumble
Why would anyone need five liberators on a daily basis? o_O

Sorry, my bad, read that as a 5 slot Lib.......

But yeah, why would someone have 5 Libby's in their gogo?.....

Kinda proved my point.....

The story doesn't sound kosher to me........

EDIT
@triggerhurt
Was that before or after the server maintenance?

SypH
05-03-04, 07:17
Proves your point? Oh please! I moved them out because I didnt need them there. I have gotten those 5 libbys in the past week through trades and parts that i have collected over the past month or two. I had 2 constructed only a few days ago (I can tell you who built them so you can ask him yourself if you wish), and 2 others were still there from the recent trades ( and I can give you the names of the 2 runners who traded me the already made libbys and the judge). The remaining one was the one I had been using that needed repaired. I dont organise my gogo every day so I'll quit often have stuff that I should have moved into cabs lying in my gogo for weeks. I decided to take some time to clear out my gogo from my recent trades (thank god I passed all the spare imps to my alt) and thanks to this I get shafted and left with 1 half decent weapon which was the weapon I had been using the past few days.

How exactly is that suspicious? Just cause I dont clear out my gogo everyday, when something goes wrong it automatically means I'm up to no good? What the hell kind of logic is that?

Shadow Dancer
05-03-04, 07:19
How does that prove your point Spoon?

I have like 8 fire apocs and like 3 Holy Lightnings.

Is it so outrageous to hear of someone having 5 libs?

Spoon
05-03-04, 09:03
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
How does that prove your point Spoon?

I have like 8 fire apocs and like 3 Holy Lightnings.

All in your gogo at same time?

I doubt it.......

And SypH, you said you didn't see any warnings about the server downtime, yet you state that you were trying to get a Blacksun modded and looking for a constructor.
That sounds to me like you were watching the chat and/or asking or looking for a constructor(and not fighting or hunting), and you never saw the warning or noone was talking about it?

I haven't seen one person yet post that there wasn't any downtime announcements on Saturn.....

I might believe it, if you said you were on 56k and had a ping of 400-500ms on average....

Finl
05-03-04, 09:23
its very sad to read stuff like this, i have a wierd problem too atm, i cant log 1 of my alts start apartment, just wrong password :p
well, there was not too much to lose.

everytime you get problems and msg to helpdesk - remember them that we are paying customers. they cant ignore you. im sure if i get hacked/database crash or such thing i wont leave it to just mail to helpdesk if they offens me 100k, since im paying customer.

MindMaze
05-03-04, 09:32

Ugh... I have 5 cs's in my gogu. I've had them there for the past year, so what? Anytime somebody complains about losing shit, there's always that one asshole to say: "oh man, this isn't kosher".

Shadow Dancer
05-03-04, 09:37

I doubt it.......

All Hls are in the gogo. And 1-2 apocs.

Spoon
05-03-04, 09:39
Originally posted by MindMaze
Ugh... I have 5 cs's in my gogu. I've had them there for the past year, so what? Anytime somebody complains about losing shit, there's always that one asshole to say: "oh man, this isn't kosher".

to me it sounds like he was trying to dupe shit........

asshole.....

MindMaze
05-03-04, 09:56
Why the fuck would the guy dupe 5 libs? Man, get your head out of your ass please. I really doubt that all those incidents that happened in the past few days were simply people's trying to dupe.

Spoon
05-03-04, 10:04
Why the fuck would the guy dupe 5 libs? Man, get your head out of your ass please.

Because 5 Libs would become 10 Libs, maybe?

get yer head out of yer ass, would ya........

It used to be the most perfect time(server shutdown) to dupe in post beta....der....:rolleyes:

Original monk
05-03-04, 10:16
you wherent hacked ... its yust a plain old bug, i had it like 8 months ago also ... i was putting some cursed souls in my cabinet and witouth any warning they shut of the server, was it for a patch or maintenance i dont remember ...

i come back and bye bye cursed souls ... including my precious 4 slotted full artifact xray one ...

i didnt even bother to write a bugmessage ... the week infront of that i lost about 30 rares by accidentally pressing the take all button on gogo.... everything yust dissapeared ... not in gogo not on the ground not in inventory ... yust gone (loads of 4slotters, some 3 and 1x 5 slotter ... all hilevel rifles and some PE's ...) they offerd me 100K and i still didnt get the cash lol :) (whats 100k if ya yust lost months of work ... im not talking about 10 mill here, im talking about MILLIONZ AND MILLIONZ

it aint funny .. i know ... but from now on i learned my lesson: i never press the take all button and keep the button far away from my cursor ... also when they say server reboot in half an hour i yust log out that second ... cause i know the consequences ...

altough lately they always warn before reboot, and thats veery good, cause warning in front wasnt always the case ...

good luck man

MindMaze
05-03-04, 10:27
Yah, I'm sure the guy would go through all this trouble to make 10 libs out of 5... Yes, and all of a sudden we have tens of people trying this, seeing that it doesn't work, and yet still keeping at it and losing more stuff. Yes, brillian reasoning at its finest.

SypH
05-03-04, 15:08
You know what, think what you wish Spoon but I know what I was doing for what reason better than what you think I was doing, so carry on making accusations if you wish, ubt at the end of the day you couldnt be more wrong about this Is you were the Mayor of Wrong City, Wongsilvanyia, on Planet Wrong

trigger hurt
05-03-04, 18:07
I have no fucking idea whether it was before server maint. or after. I walked away around 12am with my apu still logged in, his inventory still on him. I'm going to do some laundry, you see.

I come back about 2 hours later...typical...neocron has crashed...I logged back in...went to go hunting on my apu and WTF...no spells...no armor...no psi core...not even a fucking medpack.

And they're gonna offer me 100k to make up for the trouble? hehe *middle finger*

Vampire222
05-03-04, 18:20
Yah, I'm sure the guy would go through all this trouble to make 10 libs out of 5... Yes, and all of a sudden we have tens of people trying this, seeing that it doesn't work, and yet still keeping at it and losing more stuff. Yes, brillian reasoning at its finest.

O_o evileye thinks ppl re at it again... i wubb you <3

XSuneX
05-03-04, 18:25
All of a sudden when I was synchronizing from one sector to another I anded uo instead in the hallway of another players apartment, nice shiney floors some people have :) They just look at me like wtf but I told one person this happens to me alot and said "I'm going back down" he said ya just another bug.

this happened to me six times so for and I've been playing for about 1 month.

One time the persons did not see me and I saw him walk into his nice apartment, so I went up to the door lock and right clicked on it and got a buzzing sound.

how funny :)

Bl@zed
05-03-04, 18:33
i've never lost one item in playing until last night...my whole apt dissapeared. Nine cabs stuffed with techparts are now gone. :mad: