PDA

View Full Version : KK ran server Vs Venus

XanX
04-03-04, 15:10
This is not a KK bash here, its just a valid standpoint from which a lot of other people have seen.

The Venus Server:

Is ran by somebody else, and so in is completely different in the way RP and GM interaction is viewed.

On Venus GM's regularly are their (not just GM's, all FC's aswell) and they will talk and interact with the rest of the server.
If somebody is OOC PK'ing and has no valid reason, they are booted from said server, cus its their server, and they do not want no Role Player People on their server. But RP is supported on there, you get rewarded for doing RP, like with cash and the like.

Lets take Pluto:

I havent played for that long on their, but RP is based on who you kill, really. I know of some very friendly and helpful people on there and also its more RP based than say uranus :/ But there is hardly any events, not that I saw in my couple of months there.

Uranus:

My home server, the bane of my life, cus its my home server. I spent ages AND AGES of time making my chars and getting good Kit, for it to be ruined by some clans on there. The rules of RP become blurred on this server VERY easily, there is no real RP being done anymore. The only people on there are rejects from Jupiter, the 2 largest and longest standing clans from tsunami and 1 major CA clan. But then the smaller clans get no recognition at all.

I cant comment on Saturn or Jupiter but I believe they are very similar in the fact it mainly attracks PK'ers. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

So, my point is this, why is it that KK hasn't kept a slightly more strigant (spelt wrong??) eye on the effect of the server and done things to rectify it. Is it becuase there is no paid GM's/FC's or is there another reason???

The main point is this, In-Game Politics Ruin the server, to the point of people not wanting to play at all. KK need to either rehash the politics system, or find a way to make people want to roleplay their faction properly.

Please dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to flame or cause an argument, I want some good discussion on how to improve the state of the servers for ALL players, not just uranus ones.

Candaman has already posted about his experiences on pluto and how bad it can get. I personnaly know how long and how much time he has put into that server and can understand why.

Please post some constructive comments and Thanks for reading this

Xan

SynC_187
04-03-04, 15:41
Things should change a bit when BDOY comes out. Its already bean said that intercity wars will become more important than interfaction one's.

Yes your probably right that part of the reason is because KK isn't paying their GM's etc. I guess as they aren't having to pour money into development, the people running Venus are doing better.

Also as they are the developers KK have a lot more to think about. With Venus, its this is the game run it. With KK its this is what we want to do, how will it affect things and whats highest priority with the time and money we have.

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 15:44
They never kicked me off the server >:]

Archeus
04-03-04, 16:16
Originally posted by XanX
If somebody is OOC PK'ing and has no valid reason, they are booted from said server,

That alone would make me not play there. I do not OOC PK, but I believe all playstyles should exist providing they play within the rules.

Someone goes crazy and kills loads of people. they go red, other runners hunt them. they shouldn't have to just go crying to a GM to get them kicked from the server.

I havent played for that long on their, but RP is based on who you kill,

I wouldn't say that at all. The skull cult is a good example.

But there is hardly any events, not that I saw in my couple of months there.
- Fight Night
- Rocket Tourney
- Skull Cult
- BD raid on Tech Haven (FC run)
- Ceres Mutant Attack,
- NC olympics
- Sniper attacks (Spirit mod)
- raid on Regants Fortress (Nema Event).

Think I missed a few.

CarniFlex
04-03-04, 16:16
KK are rebuilding their workforce of unpaid volunteers for the game. But it takes time, and I really understand em on this issue. Considering there have been at least one bad gm handing out stuff and messing around before. I can see the reason for them taking it slow and checking up on those they have and recruiting one or two so they can have a good overview on how theyre interacting/working with the community.

Considering theyre releasing doy soon and getting more subscribers etc I wouldnt mind hearing an official statement on the issue of more recruits for the rp-section of the game.

Altough kk has also worked against themselfs on some issues for the rp-part of the game, just the mere fact that you cant buy writable datacubes in stores for one and you apparently cant get all the parts to make em yourself either.

Dribble Joy
04-03-04, 16:23
A few small changes would do a world of good.

Clan wars.
Remove SL in favour of Faction symp.
Buyable recordable data disks.
Balance of power, without it fighting/RP has little or no use, and noone will do it.
Paying GMs.

Devils Grace
04-03-04, 16:29
they dont kick ppl from venus for pking or playing a bad RP

i understand ur point of view tho i do not agree with it totally.

i think the politics in game should be made by players, aswell i always defended that the FC should not be a GM type of char, but a actual player elected by the ppl on that faction....

regarding beeing kicked just kuz u are a prick or pretend to be an asshole or actually be one is not good in my point of view, kuz it goes against "be whatever u want to be"
ppl have to adapt to not so nice ppl, kuz that the way it is

Jessica
04-03-04, 16:38
Hi!

On Venus, GMs never kick people who make free PK or something like that.

:o

deac
04-03-04, 16:42

The Venus Server:

On Venus GM's regularly are their (not just GM's, all FC's aswell) and they will talk and interact with the rest of the server.
If somebody is OOC PK'ing and has no valid reason, they are booted from said server, cus its their server, and they do not want no Role Player People on their server. But RP is supported on there, you get rewarded for doing RP, like with cash and the like.

hrhr i got -99 in all factions and i havent been told to stop yet... but yes the gms on that server just kick ass... almost always one online and very helpfull.... like when the pa quest dont work. you place the items needed for it in your gogo, send in a ticket and wham.. you got your pa :)

Beowulf
04-03-04, 16:46
If somebody is OOC PK'ing and has no valid reason, they are booted from said server, cus its their server,

That's wrong

and they do not want no Role Player People on their server.

That's wrong too. I know many ppl on venus who are siimply fraggers. They won't be kicked by any GM for that.
The rules on venus are the same than the rules on the other servers.

But RP is supported on there, you get rewarded for doing RP, like with cash and the like.

perhaps. I've never received any credit for roleplaying, apart from events like quizz, or stg.
Faction items exist on all servers. (kind of a via 2, for diamond ...)

LTA
04-03-04, 16:48
Originally posted by Beowulf

perhaps. I've never received any credit for roleplaying, apart from events like quizz, or stg.
Faction items exist on all servers. (kind of a via 2, for diamond ...)

Bet you don't have a tl 120 dagger of crahn O_o

OpTi
04-03-04, 16:49
Originally posted by LTA
Bet you don't have a tl 120 dagger of crahn O_o

TL250 actualy :P

LTA
04-03-04, 16:51
Originally posted by OpTi
TL250 actualy :P

I knew it was high lol

greploco
04-03-04, 18:57
I think you have it wrong, PKers are healthy and good. every game needs villians and rivals.

but what about when you are a noob and someone rolls through [insert location here] and kills everyone?

yup, that's still good

there are systems in place so that people can't do that all the time

and for every person who is out there ganking, there is someone out there who would gleefully take them out

XanX
04-03-04, 19:15
The villians are your faction enemies surely??

Also, the current system of play doesnt support the way that the people who disagreed with me in this post want.

Dribble Joy was right tho, if faction symp replaced SL, and there was a different way to Level Faction sympathy, then it would be possible.

I dont like this attitude about, "oh I want to be a tosser, so I will be!", THIS IS A ROLE PLAY GAME, PLAY THE FACTION/CHAR YOU ARE!!!

Until KK bring back Anarchy Breed, then RP your faction.

One other good thing about venus, AB are there as an available faction. Which would give you the ability to be a idiot if you wanted.

Basically, I'm sick of the idiocy in a game I really like, its getting on my nerves