PDA

View Full Version : NeoLauncher PRO 2.30.196: MAJOR FINAL RELEASE!!!

BramTops
04-03-04, 14:42
After a month of intensive development I'm very proud to bring you probably the most significant release in a long time. Allthough there are only a few additional/updated features, a lot of problems should have been resolved and a lot of ease has been added with this release!

http://www.creitive.com/neocron/webcomps/neosplash.jpg

Here's the list:

INSTALLER/MISC:
- Every install now performs an uninstall (you wont notice it) before starting installation. To prevent problems and make sure all items are gone before installing. Uninstalling->Installing isn't required anymore, you can just Install.
- New version of ItemGFX (0.6f)
- Installation types added: Full (13,5mb), Minimal (6,2mb), Safe (9,2), Custom (Safe disables every option that uses ItemGFX - take this one if you're still having problems for some reason).
- NeoLauncherPRO setup.exe is now created in your Neocron folder. With this you can add and remove components from your NLpro installation.
- Deselecting both crosshairs works now.
- Added DirectX detection (gives notice if directx 9 is not installed and your feature(s) requre it).
- Added install-dir approve function (it now wont install in anything else than the NC folder because it wont work anywhere else ;)).
- Feature-select screen organised.
- Added/updated credits/license page.
- Installing "enhanced graphics" doesn't use ItemGFX anymore (should solve a lot of problems).
- Changed the splash-sound of the installer.. Will do this now with every release.. Just for the heck of it.

FEATURES (all optional):
- "NeoLauncher PRO" with tha nifty website now at version 1.0
- Actual server count is back
- The website now also registers unregistered runners (counting them towards the total and total online)
- Some graphical changes
- ItemGFX 0.6f is now selectable. You can install it even if you dont use ItemGFX related features, in case you want to play with it yourself.
- "Graphics update" with new belts, armors, bones and lotsa other stuff
- The 2 Crosshairs from Dazist and DjFlash
- Improved mini-maps for Neocron City by J. Folsom
- Latest version of the worldmap by Ascention
- Improved drone-hud by J. Folsom
- Added feature: "WinAMP controls" to slickly control your winamp (2.x or 5.x) from your RPOS
- Added feature: "Chatlogger" to create nice lookin' daily chat-logs (in Neocron\Logs directorys)
- Added feature: "remove game credits" for faster starting/shutting down of Neocron
- Added feature: "SkillManager". This is the updated to patch 196 one.
- Added optional Startmenu, Desktop and Quicklaunch shortcuts for NeoLauncher PRO (with CTRL-ALT-N shortcut)
- Added optional Startmenu shortcuts for NeoLauncher PRO setup and SkillManager

You will certainly notice that NLpro really has become a lot more "pro" :D

Additionaly, a brand new website's online with more detailed information and screenshots about each feature! Check it out!

Some screenshots (more on the website):
http://www.creitive.com/neocron/webcomps/graphicupdate.jpg http://www.creitive.com/neocron/webcomps/crosshairs.jpg http://www.creitive.com/neocron/webcomps/winamp.jpg

You can get the latest version at: http://www.creITive.com/neocron
IF YOU HAVE A 2.30.196 BETA OR RELEASE CANDIDATE INSTALLED, UNINSTALL IT BEFORE INSTALLING THIS FINAL!

Get the comments comming and dont forget to rate ;)

Regards,

Bram

Benjie
04-03-04, 14:48
I've never used NeoLauncher PRO.
What is it exactly?

Vampire222
04-03-04, 14:50
uh the dl is only 1 mb and corrupted, lemme guess, still uploading O_o

BramTops
04-03-04, 14:53
@Benjie:
See the website (http://www.creITive.com/neocron). It shows everything you want to know...

@Vampire222:
I'm still uploading the latest version.. please wait a few minutes..
/edit: upload finished.. happy downloading!

Haxxor
04-03-04, 14:57
Looks a Nice Update m8 :D

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 15:04
wow that winamp thing is rather neat

if only i wasnt behind a proxy with work todo :)

Estabin
04-03-04, 15:38
YES! that winamp thing is what I have been dreaming about, great job guys!

BramTops
04-03-04, 15:53
Thanks! And pls dont forget to rate ;)

Replies and ratings is what keeps me motivated on doing this stuff.. ;)

Just added an USA mirror btw...

El_MUERkO
04-03-04, 15:55
Will download when i get home, sweeetness indeed :)

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 15:57
I am happy that the fixes for ItemGFX worked out. I think we can now concentrate on even nastier Features. :D

Its cool how the WinAmp feature looks now. Like it is already a included Feature of Neocron.

Greets
MightyMax

PS: Dont let the mouse stay other the controls after you are done with whatever you've done with winamp. (Keystrokes then gets to the plugin and not to Neocron)

CrazyMan
04-03-04, 16:00
Great work!
Keep them coming!
Got my 5 stars!

Original monk
04-03-04, 16:04
5 stars, especially on the winamp thingie :)

heel proper zoals altijd :) very nice like always

with the exception of this update being BOOYAAA BIG :)

Maarten
04-03-04, 16:06
Hey Bram, nice job.

I'll upload the installer to my Eagle Red server tonight so you can add an American mirror to your download list. :)

I've also added a news about on the BlackWard site about this. :D

Great stuff, while I was posting this, you already added an American mirror... :o Let me know if you still need another one. :)

PS, you have to update the link in all the signature pics.

Siygess
04-03-04, 16:06
Great work BramTops, NLPro is getting so good they ought to bundle it (as an optional component) with BDoY.

Hmm, that reminds me - I've got a bunch of wasteland minimaps that I edited a while ago to include the names of the OPs in that sector - I'll post a screenshot later to demonstrate what I mean - is that something you could put to use in NL Pro? :)

dutchusuk
04-03-04, 16:12
great work bram (and the other guys)5 stars

04-03-04, 16:14
Think ill taste me some of this.... always been a nice bit of kit, ill dust off my MP3s now, dont usually play them while playing, cos TS is very busy....

/me goes to the 'Ive got music on' channel :>

EDIT:- Wow - the mp3 support is great, no probs at all. Impressed :)

Dissenter
04-03-04, 16:19
Seems to have fucked up my RPOS text : -
http://www.digikitten.com/playhousev2/files/Dissenter/shot0134.jpg

Can anyone help?

I've changed colour schemes and tried resinstalling, re-logging, re-starting, but it's still fucked.

I can't see any text, ranks, names & not even when people talk in local.

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 16:22
Very weird.

Can you try a reboot pls? What does Check Files say?

Maarten
04-03-04, 16:25
That's new... o_O

But I don't think it's the color of the text that is the problem. I think the WriteText command in Neocron somehow doesn't work anymore at your place. If you take a look at the box that should have the name of the belt your mouse is currently hovering on, there aren't any letters in it.

Dissenter
04-03-04, 16:30
Restarted again, and seems to be happy now.

That was pretty weird, had me worried there. :D

BramTops
04-03-04, 16:32
OMG.. how did that happen.... hundreds of ppl tested it, but no-one had this problem...

Uninstall NLpro, restart your system, run a file-check and fix broken files and re-install NLpro (try safe-mode first).

If it works, try full-install.

If it doesn't, try re-installing Neocron :( Sorry.

PEOPLE, DONT FORGET THE "SAFE MODE" INSTALLATION TYPE IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS
(dont need to uninstall, just run "NeoLauncher PRO setup" and select the "safe mode" installation type.

(ps... Maarten.. wtf are you? aren't you supposed to be at work? ;))

'Nother note: I'll be leaving for a few days, so I wont be able to reply to any posts. I hope MM and Maarten can take this "job" for a while.

sw1tch
04-03-04, 16:33
this update has finally made me get round to installing it, good job guys

Candaman
04-03-04, 16:52
is the crash if changing song and hacking bug sorted guyz?

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 16:54
Yes Candaman

naimex
04-03-04, 17:33
downloading now..

hopes it doesnt screw up my items like last version i tried

(everything became invisible o_O )

looks neat on the shots.

DonnyJepp
04-03-04, 17:39
the US mirror is delivering a corrupted file, euro link seems fine.

Psyborg
04-03-04, 17:44
Awesome job Bram! looks awesome....will dl the final version whenn i get home.....definately 5 stars!!!

04-03-04, 17:45
wow this owns :)

was just hunting a few WBs, enjoying 'Obie Trice' on the mp3 player... and i heard a noise, similar to when i get email.

I was thinking if id left any programs running that could have made that noise... I collected the L tech out of the wb and my chat box read:

-WinAmp Now playing Obie Trice - Average man
-Techpart: Low

IM SO DOWN :)))))))

Revslad
04-03-04, 17:49
yeh im so down with this. best release of nl pro so far

good job on the winamp thing i love it :):):)

Maarten
04-03-04, 19:15
Originally posted by BramTops
OMG.. how did that happen.... hundreds of ppl tested it, but no-one had this problem...

Uninstall NLpro, restart your system, run a file-check and fix broken files and re-install NLpro (try safe-mode first).

If it works, try full-install.

If it doesn't, try re-installing Neocron :( Sorry.

PEOPLE, DONT FORGET THE "SAFE MODE" INSTALLATION TYPE IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS
(dont need to uninstall, just run "NeoLauncher PRO setup" and select the "safe mode" installation type.

(ps... Maarten.. wtf are you? aren't you supposed to be at work? ;))

'Nother note: I'll be leaving for a few days, so I wont be able to reply to any posts. I hope MM and Maarten can take this "job" for a while.

Problem's alraedy solved, Bram... :D

And sometimes, there are no customers to help, so I have to do something to keep myself busy... ;) But you should know how many people on these forums are coming here while they are at work... :)

Where are you going anyway?

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 19:19
Glad you all like it and there is no bug yet found.

I was thinking if id left any programs running that could have made that noise... I collected the L tech out of the wb and my chat box read:

-WinAmp Now playing Obie Trice - Average man
-Techpart: Low

IM SO DOWN ))))))

You can modify this bahaviour to what you like btw. Just take a look in the file "Neocron\iGFX\Alerts.def". It defines the list of items be handled when found.

setentry itemid message that is send into the chat soundfile that is played |

Seperate each entry by a [TAB] and end a line by "|"
The soundfile has to be .WAV and in the subfolder "Neocron\IGFX\Sounds"

jernau
04-03-04, 19:44
Chatlogger is what I was waiting for - if it all works I'm gonna be very happy.

Nice job all who contributed.

Downloading now.....

blumblumshub
04-03-04, 20:04
Bram, you seem quite a cool coder.
Any chance of hacking into KK and fixing the bugs for them?

I'm sure we'd all be willing to contribute a bit of cash for you ;)
Blum

Castro
04-03-04, 20:08
This idea of including winamp in RPOS is really great because I always listen to it when i play and choosing songs was so boring (alt+tab each time ...)

thx : )

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 20:25
Bram, you seem quite a cool coder.
Any chance of hacking into KK and fixing the bugs for them?

I'm sure we'd all be willing to contribute a bit of cash for you

Im just taking this as a compliment for us both.

Infact KK does have the contact address (ICQ & others) of us. I have submited the base technologie used for the ingame display to CoDi. In the moment i find an bug in their code and im sure about this, i mail them or post here on the forums like everyone else does.

I for myself do this beacuse i love Neocron. Even then i take a break from it from time to time. So i don't need to be paid for it. (Allthough we could get rich when we all make you addicted to this and ... j/k)

Only thing i need is seeing ppl have fun with it. (Thats for the * marked parts :angel: )

Greets
MightyMax

blumblumshub
04-03-04, 20:29
Originally posted by Mighty Max
Im just taking this as a compliment for us both.

Infact KK does have the contact address (ICQ & others) of us. I have submited the base technologie used for the ingame display to CoDi. In the moment i find an bug in their code and im sure about this, i mail them or post here on the forums like everyone else does.

I for myself do this beacuse i love Neocron. Even then i take a break from it from time to time. So i don't need to be paid for it. (Allthough we could get rich when we all make you addicted to this and ... j/k)

Only thing i need is seeing ppl have fun with it. (Thats for the * marked parts :angel: )

Greets
MightyMax

Heh heh, sorry MightyMax, didn't mean to leave you out. Didn't realise you were part of the team ;)

I just downloaded it and was wondering... Does it take into account future Neocron Patches? I mean will Neocron fuck up if I've got this installed when it next gets patched?

Thanks,
Blum

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 20:31
MM and Bram are bros unless im very much mistaken :)

Tratos
04-03-04, 20:32
I think you guys deserve a pat on the back and a round of applaus this edition of NLPro absolutly owns seriously i love all the new features and especialy the Welcome to neocron message when you log in totaly sweet

~Tratos

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 20:36
MM and Bram are bros unless im very much mistaken

Not at the last time i checked my ID Card.

Maarten and Bram are brothers. I'm just MightyMax

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 20:41
doh .. yeah wrong name :)

Tratos
04-03-04, 20:41
Quick Question how does one change the crosshair between the two?

~Tratos

g0rt
04-03-04, 20:43
Alright then THIS IS THE WIN!

Especially the new winamp controls.

Thanks Devion!

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 20:47
Quick Question how does one change the crosshair between the two?

Just execute the installer again, and select the other one this time.

Sefran
04-03-04, 21:44
Installed it and like it 5 stars no doubt, but about the winamp future i cant seem to get it working any idea what im doing wrong?:confused:
Some info how to make it work properly would be most welcome.

Tratos
04-03-04, 21:51
all you need to do is either turn winamp on before you load neocron or load neocron alt tab start winamp then relogg and it should work

i believe. lol

~Tratos

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 21:55
Yeah, Winamp needs to be running in the background when Logging in.

Alt Tabbing to start Winamp will only work when you relog afterthat.

jernau
04-03-04, 22:12
Talking of winamp - Is there any way to make it not suck?

It skips like mad whenever NC is running. No other player does this.

I've avoided winamp for several years because I hate it's interface and media management but I might consider using it again if it could actually playback properly in NC.

I've tried changing CPU priority - no change.

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 22:15
It does the same on one of my PCs. On my HT processer it doesnt tho.

jernau
04-03-04, 22:20
It does the same on one of my PCs. On my HT processer it doesnt tho.

LOL :)

I haven't tried on my dual-CPU box yet. I would have though a 2Gig Athlon should be OK - in fact it is with every other player.:rolleyes:

g0rt
04-03-04, 22:23
Strange that you get those problems with winamp, I find winamp to be my absolute favorite media player....as a matter of fact, I have never used anything else past the first try.

I guess its also because im 100% used to it, I remember when "mp3" files first hit the 'net, one of the first tools to use to play them was winamp...

Ive never had any of the problems you seem to have with it, it seems to play perfect behind everything and anything i do on my system.

But then again...when it comes to seeing eye-to-eye on things, I should of guessed that you wouldn't like winamp since I do so much :p

Tratos
04-03-04, 22:29
Not an NLPro problem just a winamp one

Is there a way to get winamp to be nice and quiet without it turning down my main PC volume? :wtf: just it does on mine lol so i cant have music on a low volume so i can hear comms its annoying as when i turn down the music i turn down the coms, lol

:wtf:

Using Winamp 5.01

~Tratos

g0rt
04-03-04, 22:32
Originally posted by Tratos
Not an NLPro problem just a winamp one

Is there a way to get winamp to be nice and quiet without it turning down my main PC volume? :wtf: just it does on mine lol so i cant have music on a low volume so i can hear comms its annoying as when i turn down the music i turn down the coms, lol

:wtf:

Using Winamp 5.01

~Tratos

Adjusting my volume in winamp doesn't seem to effect my play control balance OR mp3/wave balance, but im using 2.91...not a fan of 5.x it seems bulkier yet it doesn't add anything I would ever use.

Kinda like XP haha

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 22:33
I'm using winamp 5.01 too. That volume thing doesnt appear here. Changing volume in WinAmp is only changing it for Winamp.

But it might have something to do with the capabilities on the SoundCard. Since sound cards nowadays use DX with some accelerated features it might just be that your card cant set the volume different for all the incoming WAV streams.

Tratos
04-03-04, 22:40
Strange, thing is changeing the volume of Windows Media player changes the independant win media player sound and doesnt to what winamp does :wtf: lol

~Tratos

jernau
04-03-04, 23:08
Originally posted by g0rt
But then again...when it comes to seeing eye-to-eye on things, I should of guessed that you wouldn't like winamp since I do so much :p

LOL - yeah :p

My first MP3 player and encoders were command line and you had to encode files individually - that sucked. I remember winamp being the flashy new-kid and making it a lot better but I never liked the interface - just too ugly and unfriendly for me. It's purely a cosmetic thing I know and I also know for a long time it was the least lardy (not anymore though :() but the UI and poor DB ruined it for me.

I don't actually think I've found a single decent MP3 player yet. None can cope with what I consider a realistic and acceptable number of files. It's got so bad a couple of us got most of the way through developing our own using SQL for the data side. If only the MP3 libraries weren't written by lobotomised apes we might have the patience to finish it.

Which version of Winamp would you recommend? I'd like to get it working now it's embedded in NC.

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 23:13
The power of WinAmp is the easy remote control of the versions 2.x and 5.x That was also the reason why v3.x wasnt that wide spreaded.

If you have another MP3 player that is remotecontrolable we can adapt it too.

StryfeX
05-03-04, 00:38
WinAmp 5 is nice, but it's one hell of a memory hog. v2.91 is fast and has a tiny footprint.

I like both and currently use v5.01, but I'm considering going back to v2.91 again.

NLPro looks really nice guys. Good job. I will definately be downloading this tonight when I get home (and done with my chores :()

I have some faction-based skins that I did for the old layout of NLP that I will be re-doing soon. Add a little variation and so forth. Gotta get the import/export code for my parts list done first though. ;)

--Stryfe

g0rt
05-03-04, 00:43
Originally posted by jernau
LOL - yeah :p

My first MP3 player and encoders were command line and you had to encode files individually - that sucked. I remember winamp being the flashy new-kid and making it a lot better but I never liked the interface - just too ugly and unfriendly for me. It's purely a cosmetic thing I know and I also know for a long time it was the least lardy (not anymore though :() but the UI and poor DB ruined it for me.

I don't actually think I've found a single decent MP3 player yet. None can cope with what I consider a realistic and acceptable number of files. It's got so bad a couple of us got most of the way through developing our own using SQL for the data side. If only the MP3 libraries weren't written by lobotomised apes we might have the patience to finish it.

Which version of Winamp would you recommend? I'd like to get it working now it's embedded in NC.

I personally don't touch the new ones (3/4/5), im a fan of winamp 2.x , you can customize it quite a bit and i find the playlist handles large amounts of files QUITE nicely, i have a collection of about 7000 songs, which isnt that huge compared to some people, but winamp seems to handle a playlist around 7000 songs quite nicely, and the search function is great.

Maarten
05-03-04, 01:00
Hey StryfeX, maybe Bram can put your parts list in the next version of NLPro... :)

Sheltem
05-03-04, 01:11
There is a little problem whit winamp and the title message. If the title scrolls in the Taskbar, spams the launcher the ingamechat whit title messages. Is thad an parser problem?

Good work guys.

Psyco Groupie
05-03-04, 01:14
Originally posted by Tratos
Strange, thing is changeing the volume of Windows Media player changes the independant win media player sound and doesnt to what winamp does :wtf: lol

~Tratos

Try fiddling with prefs > plug-ins > output

FBI
05-03-04, 01:18
@ Bram

Martin J. Schwiezer wrote on 08-01-04 10:49:

I am sorry to tell you that we do not allow public stats of the servers, since it reveals too much information to competitors (no matter whether counts are climbing or falling).

Of course, we cannot forbid people to log the numbers for personal use, but a public server log would be something we would go against. Sorry again. :(

Regards,
MJS

Which is why I temporarily stopped my server stat's cgi services,
has MJS given permission for the use of public stats?

Or is he only giving NeocronNetwork.de permission to display these
stats because it's a "german" website :rolleyes:

I don't get it. He hasn't responded to my PM's either.

Parad0x [FBI]

Psyco Groupie
05-03-04, 01:20
Um .. i thought it only showed nclp users ?

jernau
05-03-04, 03:15
Originally posted by g0rt
I personally don't touch the new ones (3/4/5), im a fan of winamp 2.x , you can customize it quite a bit and i find the playlist handles large amounts of files QUITE nicely, i have a collection of about 7000 songs, which isnt that huge compared to some people, but winamp seems to handle a playlist around 7000 songs quite nicely, and the search function is great.

Is there a particular version of 2 that's better? If not what was the last subversion and anyone know a site that still hosts it?

Thanks.

StryfeX
05-03-04, 04:25
Originally posted by jernau
Is there a particular version of 2 that's better? If not what was the last subversion and anyone know a site that still hosts it?

Thanks. v2.91 is the latest and greatest so to speak. Give me a few minutes and I'll throw it up on my personal webspace.

@Maarten, That'd be really cool. :D But... I'd want it to wait until I got the import/export stuff done. It's just too annoying to have to key in all the parts by hand again when a new version would come out. (Like I've been told many times. :p)

--Stryfe

Ok, Jernau. Get it here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/winamp291full.exe).

borl
05-03-04, 04:44
Is the iGFX bundled with this an updated version of the latest one mentioned in the Neocron Modifications forum or not? I'm pretty sure that was 0.6f. If so, I think there is a bug in itemgfx.lua that prevents the /info skill command from working. See here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1254365#post1254365) :p

Incidentally I'm working on quite a few new scripts for iGFX, but they won't be done for a couple weeks. Snowed under with work at Uni :(

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 04:51
Why does it still say my winamp is disabled?

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 04:52
and how come i don't see any new GFX's like that armor and shit

non of the tank shit got modified?

Lafiel
05-03-04, 04:53
wierd stuff but cool gj

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 05:05
i did the full installment.. HOW COME I SEE NO GRAPHIC CHANGES

Whitestuff
05-03-04, 06:40
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
the US mirror is delivering a corrupted file, euro link seems fine.

Still busted up. I Downloaded it 2x. Going to Euro now.

nobby
05-03-04, 08:54
ok, does it cover items on the test server?

G.0.D.
05-03-04, 08:58
Dissenter - I ran into the same problem when I wrote neocrack2. I had to do a full uninstall - reinstall to get ride of it.

TheGreatMilenko
05-03-04, 09:38
hehe this thing got me using winamp and it is teh roxxor my winamp skin ownz:p

http://images.snapfish.com/339%3B6%3A2323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B%3B4%3D554%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B3%3A486%3A2ot1lsi

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 09:52
Is the iGFX bundled with this an updated version of the latest one mentioned in the Neocron Modifications forum or not? I'm pretty sure that was 0.6f. If so, I think there is a bug in itemgfx.lua that prevents the /info skill command from working. See here

Incidentally I'm working on quite a few new scripts for iGFX, but they won't be done for a couple weeks. Snowed under with work at Uni

Yes, it still got the old .lua. I didnt look into it yet allthought i saw your post in the mod forum. Thanks for that. The bundled ItemGFX contains is an slightly improved 0.6f. The hackscreen crashes and the waits for winamp got fixed in it.

The Mod Forums link gets updated as fast as i finished the next changes.

i did the full installment.. HOW COME I SEE NO GRAPHIC CHANGES

Hmm, when you start Neocron, do you see any new output? Like the welcome to Neocron message? Did you install in the Neocron Directory? Do you start Neocron over the NLP?

jernau
05-03-04, 11:01
Originally posted by StryfeX
v2.91 is the latest and greatest so to speak. Give me a few minutes and I'll throw it up on my personal webspace.

@Maarten, That'd be really cool. :D But... I'd want it to wait until I got the import/export stuff done. It's just too annoying to have to key in all the parts by hand again when a new version would come out. (Like I've been told many times. :p)

--Stryfe

Ok, Jernau. Get it here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/winamp291full.exe).

Got it.

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 11:28
is the camo powersuit supposed to be different?

naimex
05-03-04, 11:30
Originally posted by leGit v. 2
is the camo powersuit supposed to be different?

only in appearance

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 11:41
i don't get it man.. i got everything the winamp shit the crosshair.. but i see now difference in any graphics... my camo pa is same.. i went on my friends ppu monk and its the same... I WANNA SEE THE NEW GRAPHICS

GambitFlame
05-03-04, 12:28
Was very wary about using this, but after doin so i can't understand how i lived without it

Great Job Guys

5 shiny stars for ya :)

BramTops
05-03-04, 13:19
Originally posted by leGit v. 2
i don't get it man.. i got everything the winamp shit the crosshair.. but i see now difference in any graphics... my camo pa is same.. i went on my friends ppu monk and its the same... I WANNA SEE THE NEW GRAPHICS

you DO get the winamp controls, but dont get the new belt graphics (for example)??? Thats weird, coz the winamp thing would indicate that itemgfx is working.... Shit sorry... I have no clue :( Did you actually start it with a NeoLauncher PRO link?

@ some others:
to change the crosshair (or to change anything) just use "NeoLauncher PRO setup.exe" in your Neocron directory.

@ yet some others:
questions about what this does and some other important stuff is on the website!!! www.creITive.com/neocron (read it...)

I'm glad so many people are liking this... ;) Please remember that this is not a one-man job. Mighty Max and Maarten Tops have been invaluable for this project. And there are many others who have "donated" their stuff. Allthough I have many many many hours in this too ;)

Samhain
05-03-04, 13:21
I can't seem to get anything but a cached copy of the NLpro website. I just followed your link and downloaded and it's version 2.22.196

Can someone give me an external link to one of the mirrors or something?

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 13:27
what do you mean if i started it with a neolaucher pro link

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 13:29
After the installation of NLP, you'll have your old Neocron Launcher Link on your Desktop, as well as the Link to Bram's NeocronLauncherPro.

Running the old Neocron Link will get you all features but the ones requireing ItemGFX to work, and youll still have the original Neocron Launcher site showing up.

Tratos
05-03-04, 13:31
legit youve installed it so now there should be a massive YELLOW neocron logo on your desktop programs list and quick launch click one of those and it'll open up with the neocronklauncher pro and you should be greeted by the NLPro website when you click play neocron you'll have all the stuff on it and if you wanna use the winamp controls you need to open winamp before you load neocron or alt tab out open winamp then relolg and you'll have everything working if you did a full install and no the tank PA icons are not changed but bones powercloaks and stuff are

Enjoy

~Tratos

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 13:36
Everything works.. Winamp controls.. crosshair.. but all the bones are the same.. logged on my friends PPU and his cloak looks the same.. I click the YELLOW ICON and it shows up NLP link

Samhain
05-03-04, 13:40
Can someone, anyone post a link to the mirrors please?

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 13:41
Sec, ill upload it too

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 13:45
After the installation of NLP, you'll have your old Neocron Launcher Link on your Desktop, as well as the Link to Bram's NeocronLauncherPro.

Running the old Neocron Link will get you all features but the ones requireing ItemGFX to work, and youll still have the original Neocron Launcher site showing up.

i dont get your second paragraph man?

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 13:47
I tried to point out, that if you run Neocron with the link you did before installing NLP will only bring you up some part of the new features, not all.

Run it with the new yellow Link, and youll get all features working.

:edit: Upload complete: http://MightyMax.org/NeoLauncherPROinstaller.exe

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 13:48
oh yea of course man i did click the yellow one

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 13:50
Hmm. Thats odd.

The program is creating two files for getting it work. Can you check if the two are existant?

Neocron/Defs/mod_items.def
and
Neocron/GFX/mod_gfx.ini

Samhain
05-03-04, 13:51
Thanks Mighty Max.

Maarten
05-03-04, 13:53
The complete list of the "enhanced graphics" are:

- Protection/Shelter/Spirit Belts are color-coded now
- Unidentified tech parts are blue
- Identified tech parts are red
- Computer Junk is the old green
- APU/PPU Power Cloaks have new item graphics
- Bat Queen bones have new item graphics
- Anti-Radiation Suit has new item graphics
- Rotten and Deseased Flesh have new item graphics

I believe that's it... I made much more but KK has already put those in the game with one of the patches... :D

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 13:57
it works now

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 14:00
it works now

Great.

05-03-04, 14:17
Glad you all like it and there is no bug yet found.

You can modify this bahaviour to what you like btw. Just take a look in the file "Neocron\iGFX\Alerts.def". It defines the list of items be handled when found.

setentry itemid message that is send into the chat soundfile that is played |

Seperate each entry by a [TAB] and end a line by "|"
The soundfile has to be .WAV and in the subfolder "Neocron\IGFX\Sounds"

How do you find the itemID ? Looked in iGFX, cant see anything there :/

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 14:22
You cant 187.

I'd planned an editor for that file that does it for you, but it became down under in the ToDo's ;)

So atm you either need to know the ID already (some know them) or only mod the ones you have alread given in that file.

What Item are you looking for?

05-03-04, 14:29
You cant 187.

I'd planned an editor for that file that does it for you, but it became down under in the ToDo's ;)

So atm you either need to know the ID already (some know them) or only mod the ones you have alread given in that file.

What Item are you looking for?

Nothing in particular really, just wanted to experiment. Altho as you helped develop this nice tool, i figure you have a list of IDs.... see that button up there called 'private msg' ? :)

Or if anyone has a list of ID numbers, id be grateful. I might even give you something (on saturn only :P)

borl
05-03-04, 16:32
Mighty Max - Any chance you could upload the version of ItemGFX used in this to your site then? I'm not all that bothered about NeoLauncher really ;)

Elric
05-03-04, 16:47
quality release, I will now use NLpro launcher as it is the sex.

Very nice crosshairs too, has to be my favourite bit ;)

Maarten
05-03-04, 23:57
The NLPro website and launcher site is down.
I've already talked to Bram and we found out it is the same problem Bram had a few weeks ago. He will get it fixed asap when he gets home.

BramTops
06-03-04, 04:18
I tried to point out, that if you run Neocron with the link you did before installing NLP will only bring you up some part of the new features, not all.

Run it with the new yellow Link, and youll get all features working.

:edit: Upload complete: http://MightyMax.org/NeoLauncherPROinstaller.exe

@ the post above....

My main server is down.. again.. i'm really going to kick some ass now..

Sorry for the red X's in your sig's.... Gonna fix it asap.

Use the link in the bost by MM above to download NLpro for the time being... (remember that the website in your launcher wont show up until i fix this ($@&%(@&$## thing...)

@borl

U can just download the latest version of ItemGFX of MM's website, or use NLpro -> select custom install -> select ItemGFX only.

*heads off to kick some webhost's ass...*

ServeX
06-03-04, 06:01
wtf why was parad0x removed from the credits?

BramTops
06-03-04, 06:39
Originally posted by ServeX

Since I no longer use his scripts/services... but that's an "internal" affair...

FBI
06-03-04, 06:42
Originally posted by ServeX

Well... I wasn't removed from the credits, it's still there located at:
http://www.creitive.com/neocron/launcher.php?s=credits

I'm just wondering how bram got permission to publicly display
the stats because I'd like to continue my services to all the
popular fansites that use it. Neocroncentral for example.

I got no word from MJS and Bram never contacted me if his pms
were replied to regarding the matter... and i'm seeing stats on
the launcher addon page and neocronnetwork.de ..

just a little puzzled o_O

Parad0x [FBI]

___T-X____
06-03-04, 10:13
I cant get the link to work ? wheres my NLpro Brams ^^

BramTops
06-03-04, 13:56
Originally posted by ___T-X____
I cant get the link to work ? wheres my NLpro Brams ^^

The server was down yesterday... Its back up now: http://www.creITive.com/neocron

LTA
06-03-04, 15:28

Just the same one who has his name in the "Special Thanks" credits ?

Brammers
06-03-04, 15:43

He he! I get people ingame on Pluto coming to me saying NLpro is really great, due to a slight simularity between the name BramTops and myself!

As soon as the website is back, I'll be downloading it as well, have been using NLpro since it came out.

Top work BrampTops and MightyMax!

Edit: Found a working link - BramTops, if you need a mirror in future let me know, I can host it at techhaven.org

LTA
06-03-04, 15:55
FBI, whats that in your sig aboout?

Did mjs stop you using certain stats or something?

Psyco Groupie
06-03-04, 16:04
FBI made a script that used the login svr info

afaik Brams makes the stats using people using NCLP only - to get everyone, even those who dont register .. it signs em up automatically

L3m0n
06-03-04, 16:11
so if its so l33t why doesnt the DL link work?
tired on 2 PCs and got some m8s to try it aswell and it doesnt work?
any ideas? or links that DO work?

Duder
06-03-04, 16:14
click this link (http://www.creitive.com/neocron/)

It works, it works, it works, it works

Mighty Max
06-03-04, 16:41
Just the same one who has his name in the "Special Thanks" credits ?

Yeah, this one. Didn't thought anyone would read that page and remember the names.

LTA
06-03-04, 16:44
Yeah, this one. Didn't thought anyone would read that page and remember the names.

:D

Just saw it a while ago when i was reading all the nicknames in the middle to see who i'd seen and not seen and yours look familiar .

Mingerroo
06-03-04, 16:49
Is that silly "I alt-tab, I come back to a big fat yellow bar over my chat window and health and stuff" bug fixed? Because if not then I am still not going to use NLPro.

Also, it sort of worries me that you might be "affecting" the Neocron EXE itself, could you possibly go into great lengths about what you did, or at least the method of alteration... Because at the moment I am a little uneasy about the whole idea.

Steve

Mighty Max
06-03-04, 16:59
Mingeroo,
The Alt+Tab issue got fixed. The surfaces are now restored correct after they get lost.

Also the tool does not alter any .EXE .DLL or any other file other then .BMP. The method how it installs itself within Neocron is send to KK. I don't share any info on this with anyone not approved by KK.

I have ways to prevent the method i use. (I'm sure KK has one too) So even if it gets leaked somehow it's nothing to fear. Just bad for ItemGFX :/ since disabling this method would render this project imposible.

Greets
MightyMax

Blind Paul
06-03-04, 17:27
sorry, was allready mentioned before
(website down)

greetings
blind paul :cool:

___T-X____
06-03-04, 20:46
i cant download from the link. Anyone host it for me so i can gert it (GMT 6:45pm SAT), only need to keep it thre for a couple of hours...

DARK_Overfiend
06-03-04, 21:06
o_O my m8's NL pro displays the website but me and a friend dont see the website wen it loads in the laucher we get an

this page cannot be displayed error 8|

Mingerroo
06-03-04, 21:32
Thanks for the swift reply Mighty Max, I rest easy tonight :P

Steve

Maarten
07-03-04, 02:15
Originally posted by DARK_Overfiend
o_O my m8's NL pro displays the website but me and a friend dont see the website wen it loads in the laucher we get an

this page cannot be displayed error 8|

Site works for me...
Can you see the NLPro website? http://www.creitive.com/neocron
If yes, I would suggest a reinstall of NLPro...

Sammson
07-03-04, 03:22
Just found that when using nl pro (full install) my const slot enhancer .9 parts are called gas mod for flamer parts. They're Id'd correctly with the normal launcher, bugged in nl pro.
Otherwise a great addition to neocron;)

dutchusuk
07-03-04, 04:28
is the webside down again?
:confused:

FBI
07-03-04, 07:49
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
FBI made a script that used the login svr info

afaik Brams makes the stats using people using NCLP only - to get everyone, even those who dont register .. it signs em up automatically

No no no..

Brams server stat's are from the info server as well.

Bram just informed me his pm's wern't replied to as well regarding
these public stats... To the best of my knowledge, public stats
are not allowed because of the Face Of Mankind fiasco, KK doesn't
want them advertising agaist KK, stats could show weakness :rolleyes:

But I'm not sure NeocronNetwork.De is aware of this...

Martin J. Schwiezer wrote on 08-01-04 10:49:

I am sorry to tell you that we do not allow public stats of the servers, since it reveals too much information to competitors (no matter whether counts are climbing or falling).

Of course, we cannot forbid people to log the numbers for personal use, but a public server log would be something we would go against. Sorry again.

Regards,
MJS

I don't speak german, but that's F*cked up if he gave that website
permission and denied me permission for public server stats...

Most likely, that website just isn't aware of any of this, this is afterall
the english forum..

I guess i'll pm other mods, i know having the stats on the launcher
will be allowed for sure, that website is going against the rules.

::tired::

FBI

alig
07-03-04, 12:09
I dont see wots public about the nc launcher :confused: u make it out like everyone that has a pc can see an nc launcher :p only ppl that have actually got the game can see the nc launcher and them ppl have rights to know how many ppl are onlineO_o

Mingerroo
07-03-04, 12:24
AliG, the problem is not with the launcher. The problem was with the public script that everyone had in their sigs, their sites and everywhere else. I am not sure if it is true but people are saying that it is THAT which KK is against, because other MMORPGs could put NC server stats right next to theirs, to show some kind of weakness (perhaps).

Steve

DARK_Overfiend
07-03-04, 15:42
i tried the link frou my explorer and it still doesnt show

"The page cannot be displayed
Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer"

it worked before the new versions came out the original for 196
my m8 cant get the page up either.
i cant DL it from their website if i cant get on it, to re-install full.

from DARK_Overfiend

Psyco Groupie
07-03-04, 15:58
flush your dns dark

DARK_Overfiend
07-03-04, 17:01
how?

seeming ima behind a lan card
network hub
router
cable modem

DARK_Overfiend
07-03-04, 17:11
the error is just one it places wen it cant find the site or ur not connected to the net a 404 error

DARK_Overfiend
07-03-04, 19:09
:D website is up :p

DARK_Overfiend
07-03-04, 19:27
where r they i dont see em on my RPOS
it just sez winamp controls disabled on the msgs bar wen i 1st connect

Mighty Max
07-03-04, 19:29
You need to have winamp 2.x or 5,x running in the background.

DARK_Overfiend
07-03-04, 19:30
O 0_o o_O

MisterP
07-03-04, 19:43
I like the NLPro (its teh roxorz) but I cant login first time anymore unlessI use the original launcher....

//=====================================================
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address: 00653CD7 01:00072CD7 C:\Program Files\Neocron\gamebase.dll

Registers:
EAX:0000292E
EBX:00000100
ECX:04A72C20
EDX:00000001
ESI:0110E1F0
EDI:000000FF
CS:EIP:001B:00653CD7
SS:ESP:0023:00128F0C EBP:00B10146
DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000
Flags:00010287

Call stack:
Address Frame
00653CD7 00B10146 INPUTMGR::KeyPressed+27 (00000000, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000)

This is taken from the callstack.log...

I get 0cr, 0SL and 1 symp for all factions...parts of my inventory missing - its like the game half loaded!

Mighty Max
07-03-04, 19:53
Hi,

the problem with not beeing able to log in in the first time (synch) but at the second try is a timing problem, what can hit Neocron when loading a zone takes too long.

ItemGFX adds a bit to this time, since it has to load up too. Most times a simple Defrag of the Harddrive will do the trick.

The posted callstack.log btw is an problem within neocron. The inputmgr seems to get wrong information. You would know it is a ItemGFx/NLP problem when the error causing module where ProLauncher.dll (here it is gamebase.dll), or the stack where invalid. Near zero, or above 0x8000000.

Greets
MightyMax

MisterP
07-03-04, 19:55
Cheers Max...trying a defrag now (it wasnt that long since I last done it, but here goes) ;)

BramTops
07-03-04, 23:29
I'll make a FAQ with lots of this stuff soon.... ;)

MisterP
08-03-04, 00:32
Yup, no change after I have defragged (twice to make sure) and scanned with spyware removal

If I open NC using the normal game launcher I get in no problems at all.

Screenshots of my defrag + the 1st screen I always get starting the game...
Any ideas guys?

Defragged (http://www.btinternet.com/~potts4749/potts4749/Defragged.JPG)

1st Screen (http://www.btinternet.com/~potts4749/potts4749/1stlogin_with_NLPro.jpg)

Any ideas guys?

Psyco Groupie
08-03-04, 00:34
Thats not nclp .. relog a few times

relog = not resume btw.

MisterP
08-03-04, 00:37
Yes... I have to relog, but it only happens with NCLPro, which I dont understand..

I've tested it a few times, and its defintely only with the pro version, original is fine - I dont get it...:(

BramTops
08-03-04, 00:47
Have you tried running it with SAFE MODE installation type? (use NeoLauncher PRO setup.exe in your NC dir)

If it works, try adding one feature at the time and see where it goes wrong (start with adding ONLY ItemGFX, then the enhanced graphics feature, then one of the scripts, then the other one).

And let us know what your findings are!

I've also noticed that with the huge usercount increase there isn't enough space to list all the online runners (on saturn)... I'll fix that soon.

MisterP
08-03-04, 01:02
OKs, made some progress..

Installed the itemGFX fine...left out the chat logger and winamp controls and logged in fine...gonna continue - I think thats where the problem lies. :(

ariall
08-03-04, 19:31
How can I enable the winamp player? I dont see that icons in my RPOS menu. :confused:

ariall
08-03-04, 19:31
How can I enable the winamp player? I dont see that icons in my RPOS menu. :confused:

EDIT: Oops double.............

BramTops
08-03-04, 19:35
You need to have winamp (version 2.x or 5.x) running before you start Neocron.

You'll see the notice when you login about the script detecting winamp.

DARK_Overfiend
08-03-04, 22:03
it think if u have the winamp agent runnning on ur start bar.
it shud be on ur RPOS wen u run the game it wud naturally play the last playlist u played in ur player. :angel:

BramTops
09-03-04, 02:19
Originally posted by DARK_Overfiend
it think if u have the winamp agent runnning on ur start bar.
it shud be on ur RPOS wen u run the game it wud naturally play the last playlist u played in ur player. :angel:

I dont think it'll work with the winamp agent... just make sure you're running winamp before starting neocron and it'll be ok.

Celt
09-03-04, 02:24
congrats bramtops, an excellent piece of work :-)

DARK_Overfiend
09-03-04, 02:47
i checked dont work

hivemind
12-03-04, 07:28
Any chance of getting it so that clicking on a link in the launcher window doesn't force use of Internet Explorer? I'd really prefer that web links are displayed in Mozilla like everything else, the only time I open IE is for Windows Updates.

Can it use your default browser?

BramTops
12-03-04, 11:25
Well.. it doesnt actually FORCE to use IE, but since the launcher itself is IE, all links comming from it are opened in it. I dont like it myself to since I use avantbrowser...

Dont think there's something I can do here.... (never heard of specifying the client in HTML o_O )

Please continue discussion in this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93653) now.

This topic can be closed.

bling
26-03-04, 12:46
niceeeeeee work!

Candaman
26-03-04, 12:55
bumping old threads is bad mmmmmmk

Freya
26-03-04, 14:13
closed at starters request
also do not bump old threads