PDA

View Full Version : just a thought

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 13:06
How about we Nerf the Tank dmg on CS for PVP and give the tanks no negative when they hold there Heavy weapon...

i mean tanks are big there made for combat.. there supposed to be strong right? why not just nerf the dmg on there guns and give them no side effect when they hold there Heavy weapon

Benjie
04-03-04, 13:08
*edit*
As long as it's balanced.

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 13:10
im thinking after they nerf the dmg on Dev....

think about it Tanks are not human.. there GEN-Tanks why would they be made if they cant carry the guns FOR them?

Dade Murphey
04-03-04, 13:11
as opposed to doing this for just one class...why not have it setup to where weapon effect on speed is directly affected by how much Trans or Str a person has...as both of those directly affect how much a person can carry why not make it show, also, how easy it is for a person to run with a weapon out...a capped tank, in that case, would have very little trouble running with thier gun out...and spies and PEs would be able to run easier after a while with their weapons out

Xylaz
bah, i know that pain since i've just rerolled to a tank, but i don't think it would be possible, because movement limit is a part of class balancing - u cannot take movement restriction from heavy weapons without taking them out from rifles as well. And still rifles should be little more cumbersome then heavy weapons anyway...
So no, don't think so

Argent
So.... How would that be different from PEs then? Shelters versus bigger armors? Wow.

No.

If you want a fast character with less damage, roll a PE.

Devils Grace
04-03-04, 13:12
Originally posted by leGit v. 2
im thinking after they nerf the dmg on Dev....

think about it Tanks are not human.. there GEN-Tanks why would they be made if they cant carry the guns FOR them?

i agree with that the day that my apu look at ur tank and u just explode in million pieces

L3m0n
04-03-04, 13:13
no cos i love the damg a CS is doing atm its how it should be and nurfin them would be ********

amfest
04-03-04, 13:14
I'd rather tanks not be able to move (not the turning speed) much while having guns out. In turn their weapons are massive dmg doers and they have MASSIVELY hard armor. Sorry i'm getting visions of tribes .. lol. Run speed is just insane in neocron . . . I've seen tanks able to have great dmg, great resists and health, and run fast as hell . . . I don't know that's just .. .err . . bleh. I don't care about the I"M STRONG I BUILT FOR WAR SEE MY MUSCLES line it . . . it just seems wrong .. lol. I think you should be strong to hold up in that armor . . to hold up that weapon .. but to run with that armor and run with that weapon errr . .

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 13:14
thats would be nice.. a tank exploding.. might as well take out ressurection =P no really i agree if i can get my speed back like in early retaill. i have no problem with exploding into a million pieces.. maybe in DOY =P

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 13:15
Originally posted by amfest
I'd rather tanks not be able to move (not the turning speed) much while having guns out. In turn their weapons are massive dmg doers and they have MASSIVELY hard armor. Sorry i'm getting visions of tribes .. lol. Run speed is just insane in neocron . . . I've seen tanks able to have great dmg, great resists and health, and run fast as hell . . . I don't know that's just .. .err . . bleh. I don't care about the I"M STRONG I BUILT FOR WAR SEE MY MUSCLES line it . . . it just seems wrong .. lol. I think you should be strong to hold up in that armor . . to hold up that weapon .. but to run with that armor and run with that weapon errr . .

but im saying nerf the dmg on the guns.. serious.. make it hurt like an extra 1/3 from what a tpc does

Devils Grace
04-03-04, 13:15
thats would be nice.. a tank exploding.. might as well take out ressurection =P no really i agree if i can get my speed back like in early retaill. i have no problem with exploding into a million pieces.. maybe in DOY =P

dont forget, just by the look

and yes then i agree also

amfest
04-03-04, 13:19
Originally posted by Devils Grace
i agree with that the day that my apu look at ur tank and u just explode in million pieces

mmmmm gibs

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 13:27
ok well it was just an idea =/ maybe i'll keep them to myself next time.. i just missed early retail

L0KI
04-03-04, 13:36
No.

Altho it was fun back in the days of no run speed decrease - it was also Tankocron, and would be again.

You cant possibly nerf the CS enough to compensate for that much speed.

If you nerf the CS down to a reasonably "balanced" level - tanks would bitch and whine about pistols being stronger than CS. blah.

ezza
04-03-04, 14:33
although id love for this to happen, i just cant see them doing it, and as you can see so far mega, a lot of people are hostile to this

Victor Crowe
04-03-04, 15:35
ok well it was just an idea =/ maybe i'll keep them to myself next time.. i just missed early retail

I miss it too, but speed became a major balancing component of classes so removing it wouldnt be that good. Besides: it would make the classes even more similar and I dont think that is a good point either.