PDA

View Full Version : Make Pluto 2 Character Slots!!

Kasumi
04-03-04, 07:13
Please make Pluto two character slots! I got bored of playing on pluto once before because I had to delete the character I had because she got boring and start all over.. I dont mind this so much but it does get very boring! Having two slots would allow people to switch between characters, of course there will be "mule" characters but honestly that isnt a big deal.. Every MMORPG I have seen gives at least 2 slots to play on! Neocron is the only one that doesnt alloow this! Don't tell me to go to another server if I want multi characters either! I don't want to change servers, except for Venus but I only know a few bit of french! :( Pluto being a multicharacter server would help with lack of tradeskillers, and would save all you with multiple accounts money! Most people on pluto are paying for more then one account so why not just make it multi slot server. Pluto is a good server but gets very boring using the same character for long time!

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 07:18
Nah, I like it the way it is.

Marx
04-03-04, 07:19
Originally posted by Vid Gamer

Kasumi
04-03-04, 07:23

Why?? You never get bored of the same character?? Or Paying for a second account just to have more fun??? :|

Shadow Dancer
04-03-04, 07:23
Yes it should be 2 character slots. I would say their are more player with alts then without. But of course the hypocrites are gonna vote no anyways.

Also 1 char server doesn't exactly mesh with some of the specialization or support chars that this game offers.

amfest
04-03-04, 07:27
I"ll have to disagree with this . . . a 1 slot server was wanted very badly. Yes there are people who get two accounts but hey . .they are paying for it. Not everyone has the luxary to get two accounts. Yes there is a lack of population but hey there is a lack of it everywhere. Just figure out what you want the most on the server and use that . . . if you want to experiment use another server that was meant for multislots . . . if it's about the server enviorment and people there well then reroll . . and stick with the same people and feel you're used to. I play on Pluto, Uranus, and Saturn. Though I've been playing on Uranus mostly now. If i get bored I move around. I"m not telling you to go play on another server but hey you could just sit there on the same character you always play or reroll it's as simple as that .. your choice . .reroll or change servers

Also 1 char server doesn't exactly mesh with some of the specialization or support chars that this game offers.

Which is why we must come up and fight for changes to tradeskills to make them interesting enough to work with. rewareds, the process with skill involved (mini games) to create. Things of this nature to make tradeskills more invovled and rewarding . ..

Marx
04-03-04, 07:28
Originally posted by Kasumi
Why?? You never get bored of the same character?? Or Paying for a second account just to have more fun??? :|

I play the game to be entertained. If I'm no longer entertained, I no longer play the game.

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Yes it should be 2 character slots. I would say their are more player with alts then without. But of course the hypocrites are gonna vote no anyways.

As it stands now, a person with a comparitively minor knowledge of other players can get their desired tradeskill taken care of with an almost minimum of effort.

If you're bored with your character, reroll. Because if you'd rather piss your name in dust than go hunt warbots, it's doubtable you'll enjoy it after a break either.

When was the last poll about turning Jupiter into a 2 slot server?

:confused:

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 07:31

I don't have a second account and I have been playing with my Pluto Tank since early retail. In all honesty, I don't really care, since the 1 slot was for RP purposes, but now everyone and their mothers have so many alts it's ridiculous.

KimmyG
04-03-04, 07:32
Yea what a great idea then pluto could be half as l33t as saturn

5 star

Kasumi
04-03-04, 07:32
I don't have a second account and I have been playing with my Pluto Tank since early retail. In all honesty, I don't really care, since the 1 slot was for RP purposes, but now everyone and their mothers have so many alts it's ridiculous.

My point exactly, why not just make it multi slot and get it over with??? Everyone I have ever met has an alt except one person and myself.. :/

Marx
04-03-04, 07:33
Originally posted by KimmyG
Yea what a great idea then pluto could be half as l33t as saturn

Yippee.

Kasumi, why not just switch servers?

amfest
04-03-04, 07:33
Everyone I have ever met has an alt except one person and myself.. :/

which means they pay for it. trust me this is a good thing :p
If they want alts that badly then let them pay for it . . . just cause you can't afford it dont' change . . . n/m

Shadow Dancer
04-03-04, 07:34
but now everyone and their mothers have so many alts it's ridiculous.

Exactly.

Originally posted by amfest

Which is why we must come up and fight for changes to tradeskills to make them interesting enough to work with. rewareds, the process with skill involved (mini games) to create. Things of this nature to make tradeskills more invovled and rewarding . ..

OR we could ask for 2 char slots. Knowing KK, i'm choosing the much more realistic option.

Originally posted by Marx

As it stands now, a person with a comparitively minor knowledge of other players can get their desired tradeskill taken care of with an almost minimum of effort.

I disagree, it's not always that easy.

If you're bored with your character, reroll.

Like I said, it's not just about boredom either. Wait, don't you have alts?

When was the last poll about turning Jupiter into a 2 slot server?

I don't know. Why don't you go on the german forums and find out?

Kasumi
04-03-04, 07:35
Yippee.

Kasumi, why not just switch servers?

I dont speak German so I cant go to Jupiter, Uranus has to little population and Saturn economy is broken.. I dont know very good french So i cant go to venus.. :) This isnt about me though.. :)

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 07:35
My point exactly, why not just make it multi slot and get it over with??? Everyone I have ever met has an alt except one person and myself.. :/

My stance is if you really want to play with more then one character then join a multicharacter server. You can get high level in a week. If you must play another character on Pluto, then just buy another account.

Kasumi
04-03-04, 07:37
My stance is if you really want to play with more then one character then join a multicharacter server. You can get high level in a week. If you must play another character on Pluto, then just buy another account.

This thread isnt just about me! This is for the whole of pluto and making a bit more enjoyable for people who would like to play different characters from time to time.. :)

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 07:38
My stance regards everyone.

Why 2 slots? If you were going to do it might as well make all the servers have 4 then.

Kasumi
04-03-04, 07:39
My stance regards everyone.

Why 2 slots? If you were going to do it might as well make all the servers have 4 then.

I dont know, make it 50 slots for all I care.. But 2 seemed like a good number of slots.. :)

Marx
04-03-04, 07:39
I disagree, it's not always that easy.

Yes it is, you just have to know the person. In most cases the person is balancing their skill with a combat skill - and would much rather be out hunting than spamming plaza.

Like I said, it's not just about boredom either. Wait, don't you have alts?

Talk about boredom, shall we? I pay for one account and am caring for others in their owners absense... Lets look at what they do.

1.) Pure REP/RES.
2.) Pure CST.
3.) Pure BTR/REC.
4.) Lil 'ole combat spy who hardly gets played because I'm on a tradeskiller.

:rolleyes:

Luckily, I enjoy helping people - and in most cases, the game is nothing more than a chatroom where I watch a bar move across the screen.

I don't know. Why don't you go on the german forums and find out?

They can cope, so can we.

Shadow Dancer
04-03-04, 07:43
Yes it is,

Ok then. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Talk about boredom, shall we? I pay for one account and am caring for others in their owners absense... Lets look at what they do.

1.) Pure REP/RES.
2.) Pure CST.
3.) Pure BTR/REC.

1.) Pure REP/RES.
2.) Pure CST.
3.) Pure BTR/REC.

hrmmm?

What's your point? That you spend most of your time on the pure tradeskillers? I'm not sure what you were trying to get across....

They can cope, so can we.

I don't know how they feel, and I won't ASSUME either.

I don't really care either, this thread is about pluto.

I dont know, make it 50 slots for all I care.

Excellent idea. Should make pluto 50 slots.

amfest
04-03-04, 07:43
I dont speak German so I cant go to Jupiter, Uranus has to little population and Saturn economy is broken.. I dont know very good french So i cant go to venus.. :) This isnt about me though.. :)

German is easy just go here (http://uploads.ungrounded.net/151000/151783_german.swf) :lol:

I dont' see why it's a big deal to reroll. Knowing the game it isn't that hard to do . . till you get to a certain high level. And you can always trasfer your stuff to your next character through friends or *ahem* secret storage spots. And that will get you ahead even faster. Why does it have to be ... I dont' want to reroll or switch to another server that already has multslots enabled so make it 2 for me!

but now everyone and their mothers have so many alts it's ridiculous.

Oh these people are buying 2 pizzas all the time . . . you should make it get two pizzas for the price of one! because everyone does it already :rolleyes:

Kasumi
04-03-04, 07:46
German is easy just go here (http://uploads.ungrounded.net/151000/151783_german.swf) :lol:

I dont' see why it's a big deal to reroll. Knowing the game it isn't that hard to do . . till you get to a certain high level. And you can always trasfer your stuff to your next character through friends or *ahem* secret storage spots. And that will get you ahead even faster. Why does it have to be ... I dont' want to reroll or switch to another server that already has multslots enabled so make it 2 for me!

Oh these people are buying 2 pizzas all the time . . . you should make it get two pizzas for the price of one! because everyone does it already :rolleyes:

I have rerolled probably 20 - 30 times in the last year.. Tell me how fun that is??? Most of the characters where almost at there highest levels too.. I dont care about my items but as you can see I get bored of my character quick unless I can play something else for a few days or a week.. :)

Marx
04-03-04, 07:50
Ok then. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

We usually do, no?

hrmmm?

What's your point? That you spend most of your time on the pure tradeskillers? I'm not sure what you were trying to get across....

I'm pointing out that these are the characters as orignally set out by their owners. The characters that would be played if these people were actually in country.

The tradeskill problem on pluto is there because there aren't any people who really enjoy skilling. They're in every game... but Neocron lacks them at the current. That of course will change as people (hopefully) come in again.

When they come back and new skill-types come in, players can go back into doing what they enjoy - hunting, fighting, rerolling.

I don't know how they feel, and I won't ASSUME either.

No assumptions here. I'm not going to pretend I'm a translator, but having german in high school did help a tad. Especially when coupled with German friends in game and nifty online translators.

I don't really care either, this thread is about pluto.

It's all about setting precident.

Excellent idea. Should make pluto 50 slots.

Yes! Lets.

amfest
04-03-04, 07:50
I have rerolled probably 20 - 30 times in the last year.. Tell me how fun that is??? Most of the characters where almost at there highest levels too.. I dont care about my items but as you can see I get bored of my character quick unless I can play something else for a few days or a week.. :)

LOL Kasumi you seriuosly have got to give the multislot servers another chance . . . I know your time schedule though is sorta off from everyone I believe since you live in japan but try and get on during peak times . . . Saturn economy . . well economy is blah because of . .guess what? . .. multislots by increasing the slots you do get tradeskill mules but you get the oooo let me make a barter person and the typically constrcut and researcher and make tons and tons of vehicles to sell back and make craploads of money . . . by increasing slots you make it easier to accomplish this for one. You can still say . . . well most have 2nd accounts and I"ll just repeat again and again .. they are PAYING for it . .it's not free .. they pay pay pay :) and I'd frankly they KEEP pay pay paying :D

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 07:52
Screw the multiple slots... make Pluto Neptune! :D

Kasumi
04-03-04, 07:52
LOL Kasumi you seriuosly have got to give the multislot servers another chance . . . I know your time schedule though is sorta off from everyone I believe since you live in japan but try and get on during peak times . . . Saturn economy . . well economy is blah because of . .guess what? . .. multislots by increasing the slots you do get tradeskill mules but you get the oooo let me make a barter person and the typically constrcut and researcher and make tons and tons of vehicles to sell back and make craploads of money . . . by increasing slots you make it easier to accomplish this for one. You can still say . . . well most have 2nd accounts and I"ll just repeat again and again .. they are PAYING for it . .it's not free .. they pay pay pay :) and I'd frankly they KEEP pay pay paying :D

yes Yes they do pAY FOR IT! But if there was another slot they would not need to pay for it unless they wanted 2 more characters!! :) This helps out everyone! Except stubborn people who like to live in the past! :P

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 07:53
yes Yes they do pAY FOR IT! But if there was another slot they would not need to pay for it unless they wanted 2 more characters!! :) This helps out everyone! Except stubborn people who like to live in the past! :P

Except stubborn people and KK who need the income. :p

Tenchi_Runyo
04-03-04, 07:57
I didn't read most of this thread but I know one thing. KK knows people pay for several accounts just to have more than one char on pluto...hence why they don't change it. They like the extra money.

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 07:57
If I was KK I would make every server 1 slot. :lol:

Marx
04-03-04, 07:58
Originally posted by Tenchi_Runyo
I didn't read most of this thread but I know one thing. KK knows people pay for several accounts just to have more than one char on pluto...hence why they don't change it. They like the extra money.

I personally think they knew it would happen like that all along.

amfest
04-03-04, 07:59
gahh kasumi .. i'm stubborn .. you know what

HAREM NO JITSU!!

:D

heh j/k I seriously want to see pluto as it's 1 character server when BDOY comes out. We suffer from lack of population. . . . and at certain times tradeskillers can be scarce anywhere on any server . . . I"ve found out sometimes that tradeskillers even turn trade channel off . . . you know why? .. cause of all the stupid talking that goes on there (oops i'm sorta guilty at times but I go to another channel not too long after i realize what i'm doing .. lol). It's a hassle but sometimes you have to search around and ask over local or zone. Sometimes I've gotten tradeskills done in caves or some hunting spots . . . lol

And you do know that paying for subscriptiosn helps keep the game alive . . . apparentnly it's kept it alive long enough to get another publisher interested in the game to help release BDOY. We'll see how this turns out .. but till then . . pluto = 1 character slot :P

Kasumi
04-03-04, 07:59
Originally posted by Tenchi_Runyo

In my opinion that is bad business practice, isnt your job to please yoru customers not scare them away sooner or later??? Oh well this isnt about Reakktor.. :)

HAREM NO JITSU!!

hehe! :eek:

amfest
04-03-04, 08:01
In my opinion that is bad business practice, isnt your job to please yoru customers not scare them away sooner or later??? Oh well this isnt about Reakktor.. :)

why they do offer other servers that contain multi character slots . . . they give options they don't FORCE people to buy a 2nd accoutn or 3 . .it's still up to the people.

Darkborg
04-03-04, 08:04
i personally think every MMOG (and their mother) knew it would happen

Marx
04-03-04, 08:04
Originally posted by Darkborg

And certain MMO's make a 'fortune' off it.

Kasumi
04-03-04, 08:16
Most MMORPG offer multiple characters on there servers so why should Neocron be any different??

amfest
04-03-04, 08:21
Most MMORPG offer multiple characters on there servers so why should Neocron be any different??

But you see . .. they do offer it . . you're just on the wrong server :p

Don't make me move to japan kasumi

. . . I"ll make you show me where all the anime goodies are!

Darkborg
04-03-04, 08:25
Lol hehe
Anyway i dont want another slot. Plutos 1 acct 1 slot makes you attached to your identity. people on saturn or uranus usually have 2 trade skillers 1 op fighter and 1 pk'er ( that noone knows is his). or some other combination of this.

I wouldnt like for pluto to become like this. I think its perfectly fine to have a 1 slot server especially if you offer other multi char servers as well.

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 08:25
SWG doesn't! :p

amfest
04-03-04, 08:26
SWG doesn't! :p

Dude!

Shadow Dancer
04-03-04, 08:27
Originally posted by Darkborg

hrmmm?

How many mmorpgs make a 1 char server that is the same as the others but just for the sake of being 1 char?

I know seige perilous in UO had special rules.

You can still say . . . well most have 2nd accounts and I"ll just repeat again and again .. they are PAYING for it . .it's not free .. they pay pay pay :) and I'd frankly they KEEP pay pay paying :D

Since so many people are paying for a 2nd account, obviously that's showing that 1 char isn't so adequete. Especially when they could have "easily" gone to another server, like you say.

btw amfest, do you have any alts?

We usually do, no?

No way, I agree with you on alotta stuff. I just try not to just post "omg I agree" too much or people accuse me of a being a spammer. :rolleyes:

The tradeskill problem on pluto is there because there aren't any people who really enjoy skilling. They're in every game... but Neocron lacks them at the current. That of course will change as people (hopefully) come in again.

Uhhh, you don't think perhaps tradeskilling is just a tad boring? KK is not helping either but force-feeding specialization down our throats combine with crappy gameplay for pure "support" or tradeskillin chars.

When they come back and new skill-types come in,.

new skill types? O_o

It's all about setting precident.

Well then let's put belt drops in warzones.

Kasumi
04-03-04, 08:31
But you see . .. they do offer it . . you're just on the wrong server :p

Don't make me move to japan kasumi

. . . I"ll make you show me where all the anime goodies are!

Probably any electronic district in Tokyo prefecture.. You could try Shinjuku city but you may not find the kind of anime you want there.. Chiba prefecture has anime too.. hehehe :P

Marx
04-03-04, 08:38
Since so many people are paying for a 2nd account, obviously that's showing that 1 char isn't so adequete. Especially when they could have "easily" gone to another server, like you say.

One char servers are inadequate due to low populations. If after the DoY release nothing changes, I'd agree with this thread a whole lot more.

But for the time being, if people are willing to shelf out money, I'm not going to hold it against them - their choice, not mine. However in most cases I've seen, these are accounts being piggybacked, not purchased.

But thats another discussion for another poll which'll no doubt come up sometimes soon. ;=

Uhhh, you don't think perhaps tradeskilling is just a tad boring? KK is not helping either but force-feeding specialization down our throats combine with crappy gameplay for pure "support" or tradeskillin chars.

Tradeskilling is boring in pretty much every MMO out there. But there are people who derive an odd enjoyment out of it.

After spending alot of time doing it, I can say its entertaining socially, and that sort of makes up for (but doesn't excuse :p) the boring state of crafting.

new skill types? O_o

New tradeskiller types. People who come in and play a skiller.

Well then let's put belt drops in warzones.

Belt drops are a trivial game mechanic while extra character slots aren't.

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 08:39
Neocron tradeskilling is exciting after you try crafting things in SWG!

amfest
04-03-04, 08:39
I don't have a 2nd account if that's what you're implying but I do have alt characters on . .guess what ..on the multicharacter servers and only after all this time have finally made a character for every slot on uranus and saturn (just started a tradeskilling melee spy on uruans. Quite fun if you ask me :p )

Anyway i dont want another slot. Plutos 1 acct 1 slot makes you attached to your identity. people on saturn or uranus usually have 2 trade skillers 1 op fighter and 1 pk'er ( that noone knows is his). or some other combination of this.

Yea that's about how it is . . the 1 slot server was wanted cause if you did PK everyone would know you BECAUSE it was 1 slot with no alts . .of course people can find their way around this by buying another account but then they are paying to do this. Either to make themselves a tradeskill mule if they don't want to so called "gimp" themselves or to be a ruthless PK'r and then log back onto their good account to hang out with people that have no clue they might of been killed by them a moments ago. I say so called gimp cause yes .. 1 on 1 you might be lacking in something like a rifle spy not having enough in wepaonlore but there is a mass load of int points they can use but you will still be useful in a group. You can still do dmg. Just wouldn't say you're the best alone . . . this is suppose to be about teamwork isn't it? Isn't that what KK puts on us with support role classes? . . and yea maybe you have given up or find it skeptical that KK will look or change things about tradeskills to make them more interesting but sheez comeon . they won't do anything about tradeskills .. make it more slots so we can mule . . . okay my rational is gone ..

lol you know what SD and all the people who agree

HAREM NO JITSU! :p I'm gonna go drink a Dr. Pepper

(edit: sorry SD before edit i just had your name cause you were so quote proned in big long posts but I do mean everyone who agrees :) .. lol)

IceStorm
04-03-04, 09:03
Pluto's one slot. If you want another character, you have to be able to pay for a second account (or borrow some Saturn player's account). If you can't pay, you don't get to have another character on the server. It's that simple.

If you want multiple characters on the same server, go to Saturn or Uranus. Excuses like "economy's screwed" or "too low a population" are just that, excuses. With four slots on Saturn, anyone can handle their own needs if they can't find others to assist them.

•Super|\|ova•
04-03-04, 09:17
The reason I voted for NO:

When people have to pay for the multiple characters on the server it means the ones who are doing it most likely earn their money by themselves by working. I assume most parents wouldn't pay for their children's accounts... not more than one. At least I wouldn't do that as a parent. So basically we're at point where at least somewhat mature and adult people pay for their multiple accounts on Pluto. That stands for more mature behaviour.

Ofcourse there are always few exceptional persons but the few the better. I rather play on a server which has low population but more mature ppl than on a server that's highly populated but more immature people.

I know many people disagree with me but I don't care. Everyone has a right to express their opinions.

Mattimeo
04-03-04, 09:19
I voted no because honestly, Pluto seems to be about the only server that has any semblance of accountability for what your character does.

if you want more characters, play on one of the other servers that offers it.

Drake6k
04-03-04, 09:40
Having 2 characters is no different from having 4 of them.

I hate these threads!!! GO TO ANOTHER SERVER!!! Single characters are so you dont have spys and so everyone doesnt have some alt that does everything for him. Having more than one character destroys the entire reason I play on pluto.

If Pluto became a 2 character server I would quit Neocron.

You already know all that. Did I really have to post why??

Kasumi
04-03-04, 09:51
Originally posted by Drake6k
Having 2 characters is no different from having 4 of them.

I hate these threads!!! GO TO ANOTHER SERVER!!! Single characters are so you dont have spys and so everyone doesnt have some alt that does everything for him. Having more than one character destroys the entire reason I play on pluto.

You already know all that. Did I really have to post why??

Oh my how many times am I going to hear Pluto doesnt have any alts?? People on pluto probably have more alts then people on multi characters servers.. *sigh* I dont expect people to like my thread because THEY are stubborn.. :)

Edit: Pluto has never been a single character server ot most people and it never will be.. So why not just make it a multi character to save everyone money... :)

amfest
04-03-04, 10:00
Oh my how many times am I going to hear Pluto doesnt have any alts?? People on pluto probably have more alts then people on multi characters servers.. *sigh* I dont expect people to like my thread because THEY are stubborn..

but then maybe we shoudl say you're stubborn .. so people have alts again we go through this . . they PAY to have alts . .lol it's not GIVEN to them they PAY to have alts . . . *register* hello . .. moshi moshi .. come in kasumi :) lol

it's a totally different story when you offer up front an extra slot that they don't have to do anything different to use. You say you enjoy pluto right? . . . It'll change if you add another slot. I can't offer any proof but by the time you realize it .. it'll be too late :P

Shadow Dancer
04-03-04, 10:01
Originally posted by Drake6k

LOL, then you should have quit a long time ago.

The only "decent" arguement I've heard in this thread for keeping pluto 1 slot, is Super nova's. And even then I still disagree.

But the whole "omg 1 slot is what pluto is about" thing is BS, since it truely isn't 1 slot.

Kasumi
04-03-04, 10:02
but then maybe we shoudl say you're stubborn .. so people have alts again we go through this . . they PAY to have alts . .lol it's not GIVEN to them they PAY to have alts . . . *register* hello . .. moshi moshi .. come in kasumi :) lol

it's a totally different story when you offer up front an extra slot that they don't have to do anything different to use. You say you enjoy pluto right? . . . It'll change if you add another slot. I can't offer any proof but by the time you realize it .. it'll be too late :P

Grrr Read my points! Yes I KNOW they pay for it!! Why not JUST save them money and give them an extra slot?? People buy extra character for the fact pluto does not have multi slots!! Doesnt this show you soething is wrong?? :P

Amfest sometime I do not mind change, thats what many people on pluto are afraid of maybe?? I dont think the ecomony would go crash like Saturns has... :)

Cytaur
04-03-04, 10:03
you don't like 1 char per sever ? no ? the freaking go to URanus or shiturn

amfest
04-03-04, 10:04
must we go over the why do hotdogs come in packs of 10 while hotdog buns come in packs of 8 :p

Archeus
04-03-04, 10:06
I'm pretty sure if you made it a 2 character server that a lot of people would cancel thier extra accounts (or a group of them). I only have 1 extra account but if I didn't have to pay for the second character I probably wouldn't.

The side effect of this is that KK gets less cash for more overhead on thier servers.

Just buy a bloody second account.

g0rt
04-03-04, 10:30
One char = boring

Rerolling = waste of hard work

I think this would help pluto, although what do I care ill never be back...

El Barto
04-03-04, 10:30

Nuf said

Glok
04-03-04, 10:32
NO. No reason, it's been bashed to death time and time again.

But. The thing about alts on Pluto is they are paid alts. Not temporary spy alts or mule alts or res/cst/barter alts. Paid. That means they must have at least some meaning and identity and purpose to the person paying for them. That is all.

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 10:40
keep it one slot.. i only use one character not even saturn.. or other servers.. If you want another account and be like saturn.. be my guest im happy that your paying for it..

Xtro
04-03-04, 10:53
Well i pay for i think 6 accounts (Dam hope my wife don't find out)
can you see KK wanting me to cancel three hmm ..... hope that don't upset the Gm's. But its a fact that KK or in this for Money.
So allthough i would welcome changes i don't think it's going to happen. Oh and if it Did could i move chars i pay for rather than rerolling to nea ones....... LoL

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 10:55
when retail came out.. the specifically said PLUTO 1 CHARACTER SATURN 4 if you were going to pay for 6 accounts... YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SMART AND MADE FRIENDS IN SATURN INSTEAD OF JOINING PLUTO THEN YOU WOULD ONLY PAY FOR 2 ACCOUNTS

Glok
04-03-04, 10:59
lol Mega. That's not really the point tho. Some people are hopelessly addicted to Pluto, and the whole reason they have alts on pluto is cause they like it there (here) so much. :)

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 11:01
who cares though glok.. as for me i have 1 account.. always had 1 account.. and after people die they would go on the other character and pk them like in saturn.. things i heard.. but if you want to do that in pluto IM VERY GLAD THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR IT

Glok
04-03-04, 11:03
Me too. Just the one char. And, I don't have any chars on any other server.

Lifewaster
04-03-04, 11:10
Absolutely no Way would I want same account alts on Pluto. Its the only server I ever considered playing on because it was the one char.

In general ... if you have to pay for an alt , then you will use it a bit more responsibly , if you get free alts , then the temptation to use it for whatever whims come about is greatly increased.

Every Char I meet in Pluto is costing someone money, 3 quaters of the chars I could meet in Saturn could be throwaway thrash, I personally like the feeling that someone I meet in Pluto will still be that someone tomorrow instead of being 4 different people.

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 11:12
i totally agree lifewaster.. im a dick to everyone.. in pluto but id like to make sure im a dick to that person all the time

Mr Friendly
04-03-04, 11:15
pluto is the way it is cuz u cant PK, then get ganked, & log on an alt to come kill the guy. here if u die, ur dead, u wanna kill em? gotta genrep, repoke & come back.

if u want that 'log an alt to kill someone' thing. join saturn. pathetic to do that neway imo, which is why im pluto :)

Lifewaster
04-03-04, 11:15
I suppose its just coincidence that the "Economys Screwed" on a 4 char server while it is not on Pluto ? :P

Glok
04-03-04, 11:17
I paid 2 mill plus 25 rare parts for a moveon yesterday, I thought that was kinda steep, but then someone pointed out those things go for up to 10 mill on Jupi. Screwed economy indeed, and Jupi is one slot.

greploco
04-03-04, 11:18
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1262584#post1262584

definately yes

my reasons are in a similar thread I posted here

Stigmata
04-03-04, 11:20
haha,
one char server
we dont have alts
no roleplay on multi char servers
no alt ganking

ppppppppllllllllllllllllllllleasssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

EDIT/

Originally posted by Mr Friendly
pluto is the way it is cuz u cant PK, then get ganked, & log on an alt to come kill the guy. here if u die, ur dead, u wanna kill em? gotta genrep, repoke & come back.

if u want that 'log an alt to kill someone' thing. join saturn. pathetic to do that neway imo, which is why im pluto :)

OMFG is this the only person on pluto to have a single account ?

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 11:39
no i have a single account

Stigmata
04-03-04, 11:44
it was a exageration (sp?) but most people used to bitch and whine about other servers being shit becuase of multi chars, then 90% of pluto got second accounts and now it is "OK" to have more than 1 char on a single char server.

it just annoys me the hypocrisy of SOOOOOOOO many people who play on pluto, then have the nerve to slag off other servers saying they are wank becuase of alts.

Devils Grace
04-03-04, 11:53
after all the flames, and bicthing that u plutonias gave to the so called mule server ppl, regarding this same issue, i wish to anounce that u dont deserve 2 chars....................

u want 2 chars get a work and pay for another acount......

Xylaz
04-03-04, 12:10
Pluto is NOT Multicharacter server and it's the way it supposed to be.
Even if 99% of the pluto population are too lazy to do reroll from time to time i don't. My vote is 1 char only (if someone wants to pay for another account there's not much anyone can do about it, i'm afraid).
alts are for the weaklings anyway...

Kasumi
04-03-04, 12:11
Originally posted by Devils Grace
after all the flames, and bicthing that u plutonias gave to the so called mule server ppl, regarding this same issue, i wish to anounce that u dont deserve 2 chars....................

u want 2 chars get a work and pay for another acount......

Hrmm Why would you even vote? Because a bunch of pluto people say bad things about multi character servers? You know we ALL arent like that.. *sigh*

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 12:13
SATURN SUCKS RAWR

Kasumi
04-03-04, 12:14
Originally posted by leGit v. 2
SATURN SUCKS RAWR

Nevermind... :)

Devils Grace
04-03-04, 12:19
SATURN SUCKS RAWR

saturns is the win

u are just to afraid of having a real challenge:p

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 12:20
yea you better put that smiley there.. if not id think you were serious

Devils Grace
04-03-04, 12:20
yea you better put that smiley there.. if not id think you were serious

i am

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 12:22
ok whats a real challenge then? i mean to you mr melee tank/?

REMUS
04-03-04, 12:24
HHAHAHAHA! you know on saturn i was called a "pluto boy" it almost made me fall off my chair laughing, OH I IZ BETTA ROLL PLAYoR CUz I HAZ 1 CHAR HURR HURR, ONOZ uR SHIT CuZ U R TRYiN 222 LOK GOOD aS UZZzz WIV OUR 4 SLOTz

LAME AS FUCK, grow up please, do what you want, leave pluto if you are getting bored simple as really, or get a new account, if you cant afford a new account then re roll, if your to lazy to level STFU!

4 slot servers are fine, 1 slot servers are fine, if kk release a new server it SHOULD BE 2 SLOT but untill then just fookin deal with it.

Kasumi
04-03-04, 12:24
ok whats a real challenge then? i mean to you mr melee tank/?

Er.. This isnt the thread for this conversation.. :/

REMUS
04-03-04, 12:27
i am

but you arn't very good i know this for a fact, mega is better than you thats a fact too.

no bullshit pluto is better than saturn, its the truth.

EDIT: Besides any dumb shit can play melee tank now.

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 12:27
that's the point im trying to get it closed ..

Kasumi
04-03-04, 12:28
Originally posted by REMUS
but you arn't very good i know this for a fact, mega is better than you thats a fact too.

Oh my, My thread is not abotu who is better! I dont want my thread to be closed over such things please stop!

Please stop.. No point in argueing!

Devils Grace
04-03-04, 12:29

EDIT: Besides any dumb shit can play melee tank now.

errr

i wasnt saying that he is better or i am better, and if u know that for a fact u need to get ur facts straight

Pluto is funny and thats all

EDIT: ohh and mega

i only have a tank to carry stuff from appys to another appy (aka DONKEY)

i play monks and spys (droners are the win)

REMUS
04-03-04, 12:34
errr

i wasnt saying that he is better or i am better, and if u know that for a fact u need to get ur facts straight

Pluto is funny and thats all

why is pluto funny? personnally i think uranus is teh funneh, saturn is boring as fook no one organises much, although i dont play their much i know the culture isnt one of a collective community.

facts? facts are u stink! :p :angel:

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 12:36
backs up remus *thumbs up* thanks for the compliment.. REMUS sex

Devils Grace
04-03-04, 12:40
why is pluto funny? personnally i think uranus is teh funneh, saturn is boring as fook no one organises much, although i dont play their much i know the culture isnt one of a collective community.

facts? facts are u stink! :p :angel:

quick before it gets closed

the statement u just said cleary shows that u do not know a single thing about saturn

Boring........oh my....i do not kknow what to say about that
yes the comunity isnt tight, kuz everyone hats each other and thats the way i like it
Pluto is all a bunch of good chaps, to have a nice beer while u wait in fucking plaza to be able to get soemtin done.....

but i respect ur opinion everyone defends is server

Like i said, pluto is just funny, and in my case to see very old friends
period

@mega, just to finish this up, ur remark to melee tanks made me think that u have been pwnd by them

leGit v. 2
04-03-04, 12:44
i havent been pwned.. but it will be a overpowered class next patch..

and btw how about you come to pluto..

"Pluto is all a bunch of good chaps"

LOL

amfest
04-03-04, 12:47
Oh my, My thread is not abotu who is better! I dont want my thread to be closed over such things please stop!

it was bound to happen Kasumi . . . that's the way of the thread when dealing with server suggestion changes

Devils Grace
04-03-04, 12:47
i havent been pwned.. but it will be a overpowered class next patch..

and btw how about you come to pluto..

"Pluto is all a bunch of good chaps"

LOL

i am ;)

Victor Crowe
04-03-04, 13:27
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•

When people have to pay for the multiple characters on the server it means the ones who are doing it most likely earn their money by themselves by working. I assume most parents wouldn't pay for their children's accounts... not more than one. At least I wouldn't do that as a parent. So basically we're at point where at least somewhat mature and adult people pay for their multiple accounts on Pluto. That stands for more mature behaviour.

Ofcourse there are always few exceptional persons but the few the better. I rather play on a server which has low population but more mature ppl than on a server that's highly populated but more immature people.

I know many people disagree with me but I don't care. Everyone has a right to express their opinions.

I was about to vote YES this time, but then I came across Nova's argument and it sounds valid from my experience. So Im still at the NO more then 1 slot for Pluto point.

Besides, most(?) people do have alts on Pluto and KK would do lose a lot of subscription if they turn Pluto to 2 slots.

Kasumi
04-03-04, 13:43
It is that big of a deal if REakktor looses a bit of money?? I understand his point but without extra slot people WILL get bored of game and irrtated with having to start over everytime they got bored so they probably would either leave or go to other server.. and would 2 slots on pluto make the population triple or double from other servers and bring immature people into it when saturn is 4 slots????

evs
04-03-04, 14:00
Ah this old chesnut rears its head again :rolleyes:

KK won't make pluto 2 character because:

1 - It's a big money spinner for them. 2 chars = 2 accounts.

2 - It is 'meant' to be a 1 player RP server.
It isnt, but if players i know have an alt, i normally know who it is.
At least it's not like saturn with waves of faceless players who i have no idea who they are due to billions of rerolls on their 4 character slots.

Kasumi
04-03-04, 14:02
Originally posted by evs
Ah this old chesnut rears its head again :rolleyes:

KK won't make pluto 2 character because:

1 - It's a big money spinner for them. 2 chars = 2 accounts.

2 - It is 'meant' to be a 1 player RP server.
It isnt, but if players i know have an alt, i normally know who it is.
At least it's not like saturn with waves of faceless players who i have no idea who they are due to billions of rerolls on their 4 character slots.

No one knows who I am because of the fact I have to reroll everytime I want to play something NEW one PLuto.. This would helps solve that.. :)

Xylaz
04-03-04, 14:06
No one knows who I am because of the fact I have to reroll everytime I want to play something NEW one PLuto.. This would helps solve that.. :)

NO
rerolling is a valid option for one char server!!!
I'm rerolling usually two weeks after i cap my character, so don't see the point really. If u hate rerolling so much then try MULTIcharacter servers and experiment a bit untill u find some char u can play for a bit longer amount of time.
there is only one single character server, everything else out there are multichar servers, so leave it be.

Kasumi
04-03-04, 14:08
Originally posted by Xylaz
NO
rerolling is a valid option for one char server!!!
I'm rerolling usually two weeks after i cap my character, so don't see the point really. If u hate rerolling so much then try MULTIcharacter servers and experiment a bit untill u find some char u can play for a bit longer amount of time.
there is only one single character server, everything else out there are multichar servers, so leave it be.

There are 2 single character servers, there were three (VEnus) but it now has 2 slots.. :)

Xylaz
04-03-04, 14:11
There are 2 single character servers, there were three (VEnus) but it now has 2 slots.. :)

Pluto is the only one english single char server - there are two other english (officially) multichar servers. Converting pluto would mean end of english single char servers... So leave it be!
hey, I'm fighting for life here... ;)

Kasumi
04-03-04, 14:12
Originally posted by Xylaz
Pluto is the only one english single char server - there are two other english (officially) multichar servers. Converting pluto would mean end of english single char servers... So leave it be!
hey, I'm fighting for life here... ;)

Pluto will never be really active again unless it has multi slots because people get bored and DO Not want to start over so they move to different server.. :)

LagWarrior
04-03-04, 14:12
No, because I already have 2 accounts. ;)

Xylaz
04-03-04, 14:14
Pluto will never be really active again unless it has multi slots because people get bored and DO Not want to start over so they move to different server.. :)

well, i'm there and a few other people also... seems active enough for me...

Devils Grace
04-03-04, 14:14
u cant compare Venus to any of the other servers

it has...hmmm... diferent rules;)

Kasumi
04-03-04, 14:16
u cant compare Venus to any of the other servers

it has...hmmm... diferent rules;)

Yes I can because Venus seemed to me to be the server other servers should bve like.. :)

Devils Grace
04-03-04, 14:27
Yes I can because Venus seemed to me to be the server other servers should bve like.. :)

hmm there is a thread somewhere about Venus server Status...
cant be arsed to look maybe u should do it

solling
04-03-04, 14:33
well i vote yes cuz would bring more fun to the server 2 chars aint that bad sure we will have a bit of the saturn MY ALT COME KEEL U but i dont think it will be all that bad

also reason why we loose peops to other servers is they got 1 char all capped and hey its fun and all but if u only have 1 char capped its gonna get a lil booring so u would like an alt to play with ( i have an alt to) now those that cant afford this go to satrun and uranus and even venus cuz they have multiple char slots
now i have been to saturn and i think one reason why it have this high population is well multiple char slots so basicly u dont get boored u can try every one of each char etc try it all without having to reroll all the bloody time
i think having a 2nd char slot is a perfect idea
still rp and all cuz lets face it most peops have an alt on pluto anyways
so weeeeeee yay lets get 2 chars make pluto a lil more alive again

Cruzbroker
04-03-04, 15:11
1 slot is the ONLY reason I EVER come there.

SigmaDraconis
04-03-04, 15:15
no thx, if yur not easilly entertained by one char you shouldnt be playing on a 1 char server honestly,

Strych9
04-03-04, 17:15
Its funny.

You bring up that Pluto has a lot of alts, and EVERYONE denies it, acting like Pluto is the RP paradise because no one plays alts.

But then in a thread like this we see everyone confessing as to how many accounts they have JUST to have alts on Pluto. :rolleyes:

Pluto is a 1 char server because that is superior for RP and player accountability. Alts only take away from that. If you make it 2, might as well make it 4. Anything beyond 1 destroys the accountability aspect.

Jest
04-03-04, 17:29
Originally posted by Lifewaster
Absolutely no Way would I want same account alts on Pluto. Its the only server I ever considered playing on because it was the one char.

In general ... if you have to pay for an alt , then you will use it a bit more responsibly , if you get free alts , then the temptation to use it for whatever whims come about is greatly increased.

Every Char I meet in Pluto is costing someone money, 3 quaters of the chars I could meet in Saturn could be throwaway thrash, I personally like the feeling that someone I meet in Pluto will still be that someone tomorrow instead of being 4 different people. Thats the reason I voted no. Personally I have 3 accounts. I know people might say I'm ruining the 1 char atmosphere but Ive been trying to develop a personality for each of my characters and when situations for roleplay arise I will act each one differently. And most importantly Im paying for each one so I definitely have more responibility with them. In some ways I wish I went back down to one account, but its not likely.

And no one denies having alts. People think Pluto has a lot of alts mainly because the people who are willing to pay for a second account are also more likely to post on the forums. :p

Strych9
04-03-04, 17:33
Originally posted by Jest
Thats the reason I voted no. Personally I have 3 accounts. I know people might say I'm ruining the 1 char atmosphere but Ive been trying to develop a personality for each of my characters and when situations for roleplay arise I will act each one differently. And most importantly Im paying for each one so I definitely have more responibility with them. In some ways I wish I went back down to one account, but its not likely.

And no one denies having alts. People think Pluto has a lot of alts mainly because the people who are willing to pay for a second account are also more likely to post on the forums. :p Well I have played on Pluto before and play sometimes on it now, and Pluto has always had alts. Rade and others have argued that Pluto is virtually devoid of alts, but that has always been silly to me given what I have seen.

But I agree- 2 accounts does NOT necessarily ruin the accountability. It is very possible for people two own two accounts and play them independently. I recognize that fact.

2 char slots though would make it MIGHTY tempting.

Pwnage
04-03-04, 17:49
Originally posted by Jest
Personally I have 3 accounts.

OMG DO YOU KNOW YOU COULD HAVE LIKE 12 CHARS ON SATURN? OMG

Another slot could raise the population of Pluto. It would give people something to do...

Like once you cap a char, WTF is there to do? I'm at that point on Saturn and 3/4 of my chars are annoyingly close to cap.

I log in, see whats up, nothing happening with the clan, no events...

log off

So out of my 4 chars, I find something to do... Pluto has 1. Nothing happening, you log off. Well if you had an extra slot, you could either level up that char, or do something with it. Variety is good.

IceStorm
04-03-04, 17:50
You bring up that Pluto has a lot of alts, and EVERYONE denies it, acting like Pluto is the RP paradise because no one plays alts.
I don't think we're denying that we don't have alts (at least, I'm not).

One of the points being argued is that to have that extra characters one has to pay for them, and the fact that someone's investing money in those extra characters means they may care more about what happens to those characters than those who don't pay for them (as in on a 4-character server).

But then in a thread like this we see everyone confessing as to how many accounts they have JUST to have alts on Pluto.
Some have alts, some don't. Point is if one wants to play it hard-core, they can. My personal goal was to cap an LE'ed character without resorting to powerleveling assistance. I did it. Who says I have to delete something I worked over a year on instead of just buying a second account to explore other character options?

And no, having a second slot wouldn't matter. I can't easily move things between characters on a second slot basis. It's a whole lot easier to log myself in twice and transfer directly.

cRazy2003
04-03-04, 17:58
just forfill what the americans want and make a server in america with 2 slots, might give crap ping but its not that much of a big deal for me

Strych9
04-03-04, 18:02
Originally posted by IceStorm
Who says I have to delete something I worked over a year on instead of just buying a second account to explore other character options?I say you just buy a second account or play on Saturn.

Candaman
04-03-04, 19:09
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
no thx, if yur not easilly entertained by one char you shouldnt be playing on a 1 char server honestly,

hrhrhr how many times have u rerolled now sig. Well i voted no. I have 3 accounts 3 capped pluto chars 2 near capped jupi chars and a spare tradeskill on jupi. 10 mid lvl on sat and i ain't even started on uranus or venus yet and i still haven't played every type of every class in the game.

Aziraphale
04-03-04, 19:10
I sometimes find it annoying that I have to stick with my original char, and not being able to really try any other classes on Pluto without LOMing/rerolling, but meh.
I guess I could always start a enw char on Saturn or something for that, but it would mean getting aquanted with a whole new community.

I don't understand people who pay for several accounts on PLuto, rather than just playing on Saturn/Uranus though. Seems like a waste of money to me. But I guess it goes back to what I just said about communities, if you star with one account and get very friendly with some people, but then want to play another char, you wouldnt want to have to go elsewhere for it.

g0rt
04-03-04, 21:57
SATURN SUCKS RAWR

Says the guy thats played on saturn for what, 2 days and then went back to pluto? :rolleyes:

Ill never take comments like that from anyone seriously unless they have invested a good amount of time into BOTH servers. So many saturn players do the same thing, say pluto is noob but how would they know they've never played on it.

Both servers have thier good players and thier noobs. In my 6+ months on both servers, I have found the saturn-regulars to be a more highly skilled bunch of fellows then the pluto players I knew, as a WHOLE....

Then again, everyone is better now then they were in early retail, so maybe its just my perception.

Shadow Dancer
04-03-04, 22:02
The hypocrisy in this thread is staggering.

"Um huh huh huh huh, I voted no even though I have 509435394849359 acconts. Huh huh, *insert silly reasoning for keeping it 1 slot, even though I ignore that reasoning by buying multiple accounts* huh huh"

I don't even know why I bother. :rolleyes:

g0rt
04-03-04, 22:10
The hypocrisy in this thread is staggering.

"Um huh huh huh huh, I voted no even though I have 509435394849359 acconts. Huh huh, *insert silly reasoning for keeping it 1 slot, even though I ignore that reasoning by buying multiple accounts* huh huh"

I don't even know why I bother. :rolleyes:

I agree. I bet over 50% of the people that voted NO up there have more then one acct....yet still want pluto to be 1char only.

Kinda dumb.

Jest
04-03-04, 22:17
Owning more than 1 account but voting no is not hypocrisy if some one has valid reasons. I know people who play Saturn/Uranus with multiple accounts, do you think they would be hypocritical if they voted 'no' on turning those servers into 8 character slot servers?

Please reread my quote from Lifewaster on why I think Pluto should remain one char server even though I own multiple accounts. Having multiple accounts does not ignore the reasoning he mentions. Please don't call me hypocritical I dont take that insult lightly.

I'll say it in all caps just to get my point across. All caps helps right? IT IS POSSIBLE TO OWN MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT AND STILL WANT TO KEEP PLUTO A ONE CHAR SERVER WITH VALID REASONS. There you go.

Radamez
04-03-04, 22:22
Voted no

Want alts, play a multi-char server, simple.

ServeX
04-03-04, 22:29
no.

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 23:13
I've tried playing on Saturn with so many differ characters but I just hate leveling so I stick with Pluto, which is my home anyway since I've been there since day 1. :)

Invertigo
04-03-04, 23:17
like i said before...

the only reason most people on pluto will vote no is because they already pay for more than one account, so they would be fucked with paying for an extra account when it wouldnt be needed.

and then most of them say " i like playing on a server that you dont here 'omg im logging my alt' all the time" when it is just like that...

i gaurantee 80% of pluto has access to ATLEAST 1 extra account, and the people that have 2-3 extra accounts make up for the people who dont...

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 23:19
I think I'm one of the very few Plutonians that have never had a second account ever. I have been playing my single account Tank since about the second week in retail. :D

EDIT: And I still haven't capped CON. :rolleyes:

Duder
04-03-04, 23:22
I dont have a second account and i dont care about having extra slots or not.

Actually id love to see an extra slot to see all the people with extra accounts whine and cry.

Tenchi_Runyo
05-03-04, 00:08
it should stay a one character server. It is just that simple. I won't pretend I play on pluto that often but there was a time where I played on it non-stop and temporarily gave up on saturn. And in those times I knew the character style was okay the way it was. It was made to make things more difficult and interesting than the 4 chars servers as well as roleplaying. If you wish to get more than one char per server go to saturn or uranus, or buy another account. I personally own 3 accounts myself.

Carinth
05-03-04, 00:11
I vote yes, I shouldn't hafta pay for a second account that I don't want, just because of flaws in the game balance.

I don't know how anyone can vote no : p Just because you don't have an alt tradeskiller/support char doesn't mean you're fine. If everyone limited themselves to one account, there would be maybe 5 tradeskillers for the entire server. You can't tell me that's not true. If I could actualy rely on other people for research/poking/repair then I'd cancel my alt account. But noone wants to seriously do that as their primary job in the game.

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 00:14
lemme restate my comment.. cause i said saturn sucks.. im sorry

SATURN IS NUB

Invertigo
05-03-04, 00:24
I think I'm one of the very few Plutonians that have never had a second account ever. I have been playing my single account Tank since about the second week in retail. :D

EDIT: And I still haven't capped CON. :rolleyes:

exact same for me on all points...even the con:rolleyes:

Vid Gamer
05-03-04, 00:31
Wow, I am not alone.. :D

g0rt
05-03-04, 00:50

SATURN IS NUB

Why is it that pluto players are so insecure about thier server?

:\

I used to be a pluto player and I was never insecure about it, seems like EVERYONE on pluto these days is really insecure about thier server, as if they have to somehow try and "prove" to the community that pluto is good.

Kinda sad to see...

Marx
05-03-04, 00:52
It's not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean.

:)

Vid Gamer
05-03-04, 00:54
Too bad KK can't set up server battles.

Then we'd finally see who's better. :D

Invertigo
05-03-04, 00:56
Too bad KK can't set up server battles.

Then we'd finally see who's better. :D

there wouldnt be no contest:rolleyes:

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Pwnage
05-03-04, 01:03

SATURN IS NUB

PLUTO IS NIB

now I'm l33ter than you.

Zoneseek actualy makes a constructive post (hahah :p) and all you got to say is that?

Shows what you know about either server.

IceStorm
05-03-04, 02:31
It's not insecurity, it's getting annoyed with the merge/more slots threads that constantly try to change a server many of us like as-is. We're just defending our desire to maintain the status quo.

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 02:33
ok.. look i had Old members from my passed clan join saturn.. They told me its fun..

why is it fun.. cause they can own in saturn but they cant own in pluto.. thus the reason why SATURN is NUB skillwise.. I heard its fun yea blah blah blah.. but skillwise the only reason why its fun for you guys its cause Saturn is filled with noob players

Organics
05-03-04, 04:01
Blah blah blah this thread went totally off topic :D

Keep Pluto a 1 character per.

Try UO, Siege Perilous server. That'll fuck you up nicely for 1 char :)

•Super|\|ova•
05-03-04, 04:12
Originally posted by g0rt

I used to be a pluto player and I was never insecure about it, seems like EVERYONE on pluto these days is really insecure about thier server, as if they have to somehow try and "prove" to the community that pluto is good.

Kinda sad to see...

Excuse me? How about ezza for example? Or Devils Grace? Or you? Or the rest of the saturn ppl who keep popping up on every possible thread with stupid comments like "Saturn>Pluto" or "It's all about Saturn". Sounds familiar huh? If you want to mock ppl about this subject then make sure you and your kind aren't doing it yourself. Otherwise you just make yourself look stupid...er.

Carinth
05-03-04, 05:24
Yes lets stay one character because it's fun to give kk twice as much money : /

Kasumi
05-03-04, 05:31
Originally posted by Carinth
Yes lets stay one character because it's fun to give kk twice as much money : /

People are stubborn and seem to not like change.. :) THey want their server to be different somehow! ^.^ 1 Slot doesnt promote roleplay because most of pluto pays for more then one account anyway! People log alts when one die and everything else! SO why not save money and want two slot???

ServeX
05-03-04, 05:33

Kinda sad to see...

...let them keep thinking that, the last thing id want is to have pluto migrate to saturn

Marx
05-03-04, 05:40
People are stubborn and seem to not like change.. :) THey want their server to be different somehow! ^.^ 1 Slot doesnt promote roleplay because most of pluto pays for more then one account anyway! People log alts when one die and everything else! SO why not save money and want two slot???

'Most' of Pluto pays for more than one account?

Where's the proof?

O_o

Finl
05-03-04, 09:43
i didnt read eny post and i will tell you why, WE DONT NEED DATABASE CRASHES LIKE IN SATURN TO PLUTO, thank ok bye.
saturn is fucked becouse there is 1 ziljon chars. no thanks.

Endar
05-03-04, 09:57
Why dont you play on uranus or saturn then? The Pluto is really the only RPG server and i think it should stay as it.

g0rt
05-03-04, 10:41
Excuse me? How about ezza for example? Or Devils Grace? Or you? Or the rest of the saturn ppl who keep popping up on every possible thread with stupid comments like "Saturn>Pluto" or "It's all about Saturn". Sounds familiar huh? If you want to mock ppl about this subject then make sure you and your kind aren't doing it yourself. Otherwise you just make yourself look stupid...er.

Open your eyes and watch who is ALWAYS the first to talk shit. Its always pluto players saying OMG PLUTO IS THE ROXXORS... then we shoot them down. Always hte pluto players starting the server vs server arguments, just like in thsi thread....because they are insecure about thier inferior server i suppose, thats what i see out of it anyway...

@mega - maybe ill go on pluto, kill a few 0/2 noobs in the cellars then I can be cool and say omg i should play on pluto because its so easy! wake up megaman, pluto is yesterdays main event, come on saturn and duel me, vet, ikari, divide, phobos, element[], etc....etc...etc and lets see how your sorry pluto asses fair...nuff said

Stick a fork in pluto, that server was done 6 months ago.

Archeus
05-03-04, 11:05
'Most' of Pluto pays for more than one account?

Where's the proof?

O_o

Most of the long term players on Pluto have an alt or multiple alts. Because people know them.

I know one player has around 16 alts.

Kasumi
05-03-04, 11:05
Originally posted by Endar
Why dont you play on uranus or saturn then? The Pluto is really the only RPG server and i think it should stay as it.

I have only seen a FEW roleplayers on Pluto.. so how exactly is pluto a roleplay server??? Making it more then one slot doesnt prevent it form vbeing a roleplay server because you still RP your characters.. Why would another slot stop that???

leGit v. 2
05-03-04, 11:09
i roleplay

Kasumi
05-03-04, 11:11
i roleplay

No dont, you killed me before when I was Allied to you so how do you roleplay???

Victor Crowe
05-03-04, 12:13

You have to realize the difference. These people pay for their other char and dont get them along 2 others for free. In the majority of cases these alts act like real characters and people think twice before they do something stupid. That is the difference.

Let me give you an example: during the past 12 months of frequent playing on Pluto it never happened to me that someone logged in their alt to kill me just because I killed their other char.
Never heard a thing like "You kill me and I log in my capped tank".
Something that you get several times a day on 4-char server but doesnt actually happen on Pluto.

@Marx: there is no proof needed, we all know that Pluto players have 2nd account, those who dont are covered by those with 3,4 or 5 accounts for the statistic ;) While reading this thread I tried to remember how many people I know on Pluto with only one account - that would be 4 people only...out of like 50 I know quite well.

Vampire222
05-03-04, 13:58
for minigames for researchers/cster a big YES!

Darkborg
05-03-04, 14:03
Rofl gort
Cute .... but wrong

•Super|\|ova•
05-03-04, 14:22
Open your eyes and watch who is ALWAYS the first to talk shit. Its always pluto players saying OMG PLUTO IS THE ROXXORS... then we shoot them down. Always hte pluto players starting the server vs server arguments, just like in thsi thread....because they are insecure about thier inferior server i suppose, thats what i see out of it anyway...

@mega - maybe ill go on pluto, kill a few 0/2 noobs in the cellars then I can be cool and say omg i should play on pluto because its so easy! wake up megaman, pluto is yesterdays main event, come on saturn and duel me, vet, ikari, divide, phobos, element[], etc....etc...etc and lets see how your sorry pluto asses fair...nuff said

Stick a fork in pluto, that server was done 6 months ago.

You can try to fool me but don't try to fool yourself. Some of the pluto guys do that and so do you.

Marx
05-03-04, 18:15
Originally posted by Archeus
Most of the long term players on Pluto have an alt or multiple alts. Because people know them.

I know one player has around 16 alts.

But the question is... Do they pay for them?

Honestly, of all the people I know with alts, like 95% of them are babysitting an account.

SPIKE (pluto)
05-03-04, 18:59
pluto is a server of no mistakes, with another slots it would just be like the rest

___T-X____
05-03-04, 20:55
and kk lose money from everyone with 2 accs...

leGit v. 2
06-03-04, 02:11
If you don't think i roleplay.. you must be out of your mind.. I guess you don't play much in Pluto..

petek480
06-03-04, 02:19

It's funny how you keep bringing up these insecurity issues. Most anyone from pluto has said is pluto>saturn, yet you have to do this whole little psychological evaluation and say we're insecure. I think you may be the one insecure.

REMUS
06-03-04, 02:31
Pluto > Saturn simple as, don't care about trying to look fair or like a even minded un-bias nice guy, saturn is pants.

PLUUUUUUUUUUTO FOREVER <3 ;)

oh ya i have 3 accounts on pluto and i voted no becuase i dont want saturn NIB'z coming to pluto so it can satisfy their need to have have a trade skiller and a fighter, or more than one fighter to keep their concentration span going, go get more money and play on pluto with more accounts so kk can have lots of money for makeing this fine game, and make it even better you know if you all came over from saturn to pluto and paid for 4 accounts you would make MJS a very happy man!

so what if im pissed u bum facez0rs i know what im talkin about even if you dont.

screw it im quitting anyway, peace love and sex to saturn peeps as well as pluto peeps ur both god damn bunchs of stinky hoes anyway...........:p URANUS IS WHERE ITS AT!

I actually feel like crying now cuz im leaveing and i like so many ppl that are here in the forum and in game, i even like raganok and ive never met him i like niddhog even tho hes always hammering ppl, i wub QD even tho hes not playing anymore, xio is my uber m8 cuz hes so cool, i miss clitoris cuz i havnt seen him in ages and i want to talk about women with him, megaman is actually not a bastard and hes actually a fucking sound bloke but i gotta say and i want to say i lov u all anyway even if you mean to me i no ur all nice ppl appart from psycho_groupie how keeps wanting to get my sig anally fucked but i like him too anyway.

seriously tho i dont know what im gonna do without you guys :(

*end rant on a go to sleep remus note(

Lifewaster
06-03-04, 02:34
Thats another thing, I like the fact that I'm providing extra money for KK to help this super game, and I get to play on an uncrowded server in return.

Invertigo
06-03-04, 02:59
[B]Pluto > Saturn simple as, don't care about trying to look fair or like a even minded un-bias nice guy, saturn is pants.

PLUUUUUUUUUUTO FOREVER <3 ;)

oh ya i have 3 accounts on pluto and i voted no becuase i dont want saturn NIB'z coming to pluto so it can satisfy their need to have have a trade skiller and a fighter, or more than one fighter to keep their concentration span going, go get more money and play on pluto with more accounts so kk can have lots of money for makeing this fine game, and make it even better you know if you all came over from saturn to pluto and paid for 4 accounts you would make MJS a very happy man!

u know the only reason why you REALLY dont want more slots is because you have those 3 accounts and dont want to level them all again:p

Cyphor
06-03-04, 03:03
a) Why do people always try and say one server is better than the other? Its a game, people play to have fun, if they have fun on thier server what does it matter which it is? Hell all the servers are the same with the exception of venus imo yes different politics, but does it really matter when the politics on all servers are screwed?

b)I vote no on this thread, if somethings not broken why fix it? There are alot more important things kk need to do imo, adding another char slot will most likely cause more probs than it will solve with people loosing chars, and other bugs. If you want multiple chars play another server or buy another account, nc is half the price of most mmorpgs, so its not that hard to afford a second account.

Invertigo
06-03-04, 03:06
Originally posted by Cyphor
a) Why do people always try and say one server is better than the other? Its a game, people play to have fun, if they have fun on thier server what does it matter which it is? Hell all the servers are the same with the exception of venus imo yes different politics, but does it really matter when the politics on all servers are screwed?

b)I vote no on this thread, if somethings not broken why fix it? There are alot more important things kk need to do imo, adding another char slot will most likely cause more probs than it will solve with people loosing chars, and other bugs. If you want multiple chars play another server or buy another account, nc is half the price of most mmorpgs, so its not that hard to afford a second account.

its still the same monthly rate though...

and it adds up:p

Cyphor
06-03-04, 03:19
Originally posted by Invertigo
its still the same monthly rate though...

and it adds up:p

True however my point is its not that expensive in comparison with other mmorpgs if you really feel the need for two accounts.

eg. 2 nc accounts costs about the same as 1 swg account.

However that is more my suggestions for preople who feel they need more than one char, my reason for not wanting 2 chars is as above, it works fine atm so why change it and chance bringing alot of probs in? Also imo there are alot more important things that need to be done.

Cricket_Eater
06-03-04, 03:53
If you want more than one slot, go to another server or buy another account. We worked hard to get a 1 slot server.

Kasumi
06-03-04, 03:58
Originally posted by Cyphor
True however my point is its not that expensive in comparison with other mmorpgs if you really feel the need for two accounts.

eg. 2 nc accounts costs about the same as 1 swg account.

However that is more my suggestions for preople who feel they need more than one char, my reason for not wanting 2 chars is as above, it works fine atm so why change it and chance bringing alot of probs in? Also imo there are alot more important things that need to be done.

Why would it bring any problems?? I don't think it would bring any at all!! I am not asking to fix anything at all! Because its not broken but it would bring lots more to gameplay then using same character over and over! :( I think the player base is one of the most important thing Reakktor should worry about! :)

g0rt
06-03-04, 05:42
Originally posted by petek480
It's funny how you keep bringing up these insecurity issues. Most anyone from pluto has said is pluto>saturn, yet you have to do this whole little psychological evaluation and say we're insecure. I think you may be the one insecure.

Nah, see I don't bring it up...wheras you guys do. :rolleyes: Not that it matters, im a "pluto player" too I have two capped chars and a r&d char on there...im on from time to time to see whats goin on, but if hte whole pluto>saturn thing was actually TRUE, i would be there...but its not.

SorkZmok
06-03-04, 06:24
Please make Pluto two character slots! I got bored of playing on pluto once before because I had to delete the character I had because she got boring and start all over.. I dont mind this so much but it does get very boring! Having two slots would allow people to switch between characters, of course there will be "mule" characters but honestly that isnt a big deal.. Every MMORPG I have seen gives at least 2 slots to play on! Neocron is the only one that doesnt alloow this! Don't tell me to go to another server if I want multi characters either! I don't want to change servers, except for Venus but I only know a few bit of french! :( Pluto being a multicharacter server would help with lack of tradeskillers, and would save all you with multiple accounts money! Most people on pluto are paying for more then one account so why not just make it multi slot server. Pluto is a good server but gets very boring using the same character for long time! KK would never do that, as they would loose half of the paying pluto pupolation!!1ONOZ

Kasumi
06-03-04, 06:31
Originally posted by SorkZmok
KK would never do that, as they would loose half of the paying pluto pupolation!!1ONOZ

No they wouldn't... :)

FatDogg
06-03-04, 07:27
no, but a 2 char server would be nice, and since that'll never happen, why dont we just delete half the population of uranus and make that one a real server :lol:

Swelly
06-03-04, 17:00
I guess the reason why ppl do not want 2 slots on it is because they paid already for another account.But I think 2 char server would be nice

naimex
06-03-04, 17:21
some people actually use their character slot on the other servers when they aren´t doing anything else

:D

*adding RP and scenery to plaza (on pluto)*

hehe.. those who have been there.. know what I´m talking about :p

little blond thing in firery clothes always accompanied by booze..

Heavyporker
06-03-04, 18:29
good lord.

There's already three 4 char servers! Leave Pluto alone!

garyu69
06-03-04, 18:43
Please make Pluto two character slots! I got bored of playing on pluto once before because I had to delete the character I had because she got boring and start all over.. I dont mind this so much but it does get very boring! Having two slots would allow people to switch between characters, of course there will be "mule" characters but honestly that isnt a big deal.. Every MMORPG I have seen gives at least 2 slots to play on! Neocron is the only one that doesnt alloow this! Don't tell me to go to another server if I want multi characters either! I don't want to change servers, except for Venus but I only know a few bit of french! :( Pluto being a multicharacter server would help with lack of tradeskillers, and would save all you with multiple accounts money! Most people on pluto are paying for more then one account so why not just make it multi slot server. Pluto is a good server but gets very boring using the same character for long time!

I voted No.
Ok, you got bored of your character, so you re-roll. But you say this is boring also :confused: So surely eventually you will think that a 2 slot server would be boring also?

As for other MMORPG's always having at least 1 slot, well thats what makes Pluto unique, and if it was multi slot i think it would lose a lot of what makes pluto, pluto.

People know everyone, and most people know everyones Alts also. Makes it a much more closer server.

I like that :)

Lifewaster
06-03-04, 20:53
Originally posted by garyu69
I voted No.
Ok, you got bored of your character, so you re-roll. But you say this is boring also :confused: So surely eventually you will think that a 2 slot server would be boring also?

As for other MMORPG's always having at least 1 slot, well thats what makes Pluto unique, and if it was multi slot i think it would lose a lot of what makes pluto, pluto.

People know everyone, and most people know everyones Alts also. Makes it a much more closer server.

I like that :)

Yes, even if someones on an alt, its usually a specifically created alt such as a resser or repairer. Its also a responsibly played alt , not just any old thing that was created simply because the owner saw empty char slots in the startup screen and thought, "hmm may as well fuck around with these free slots"

Pluto has no free slots, and as a result has virtually no thrash characters. Making every account have a free char would mean that instead of the current situation, EVERY single player online in Pluto will suddenly have a FREE THROWAWAY CHAR , which they can use as a spy in another faction, or as a RED SL pker, or a stealth spy for checking out OPs enemy locations etc etc.

Some of these type of chars already exist, but at least those ppl are paying for it and its not the entire server doing it unlike saturn.

Carinth
06-03-04, 22:28
Why do you guys think pluto is a 1char server? It's not, Pluto is an expensive multichar server. Why would people have so many alts if they were happy on a 1char server? Don't you understand Pluto is special regardless of how many characters we have? I fail to see how making Pluto a 2char server will automaticly make us Saturn (4char). I wish the people who think they can survive with 1char only would try playing a support class. See how long you last without being able to participate in combat or sitting around all day doing boring repetative tasks. Seriously almost everyone does have an alt on Pluto, if you don't then you are in the minority or you rely on someone else's alt. ie my alt is a researcher/poker/repairer which I give access to several people in my clan. She supports the entire clan, so they don't need to make an alt themselves.

Neocron consists of two classes of characters, Combat and Support. Combat is fun, Support is not. But Support is necessary for Combat to exist. It's easy to say you never use more then 1 char when someone else is playing the bitch role for you. That's like someone who plays the game with a friend and make an APU/PPU combo. They're always online together and so never suffer support class problems. To each of them, their classes are fine and a lot of fun to play. In the real world, people don't always have someone playing support bitch for them.

If it scares you that people might use the two slots to make two combat characters, then why not limit that? I don't imagine it'd be that difficult to say the second slot can only be used for support chars.

Lifewaster
07-03-04, 00:03
Carinth, theres a lot more to it than that, chars that cost money to have are used a lot more responsibly than chars that are given for free, you admit yourself your alt is for support/tradeskill of your clan, well hmm that just proves my point, why isnt your alt used as a thrash char? cos its too expensive maybe to waste an account on such a char, well thats how and why I like pluto.

Carinth
07-03-04, 00:19
Whats a thrash char? I have an alt because I have to, not because I want to. If the game supported single characters, I would be extatic. I would love for pluto to stay 1char, it definitly makes your character more important. But the game can't support that right now. So because the game is flawed, I hafta spend an extra 10bucks a month.

REMUS
07-03-04, 00:21
i would say carinth hit the nail on the head, if you give ppl two slots chances are they will just make a mule and combat char, is this a good thing? i think its not becuase it makes trade skillers under valued.

atm the most important parts of a clan seem to be trade skillers/spies and ppus, in an OP war intensive clan.

Lifewaster
07-03-04, 00:22
Whats a thrash char? I have an alt because I have to, not because I want to. If the game supported single characters, I would be extatic. I would love for pluto to stay 1char, it definitly makes your character more important. But the game can't support that right now. So because the game is flawed, I hafta spend an extra 10bucks a month.

A thrash char, is a char that is probably not worth an extra 10 bucks a month I suggest.

•Super|\|ova•
07-03-04, 00:49

Since many long pages have passed and this thread is still alive and some of the ppl haven't read all the posts - I'm pretty sure of that - I thought it would be time for me to show them what was and still is my opinion on this. This far only ShadorDancer has paid attention on this one and he said that it's the only decent reason that far posted in this thread. Sooo... there it is. (yeah, this might not be right thing to do but I just want to give ppl something to think about. And maybe a new perspective on this subject.)

Carinth
07-03-04, 00:57
i would say carinth hit the nail on the head, if you give ppl two slots chances are they will just make a mule and combat char, is this a good thing? i think its not becuase it makes trade skillers under valued.

atm the most important parts of a clan seem to be trade skillers/spies and ppus, in an OP war intensive clan.

I think you missed the point of my argument : ) I want a 2 character server because the game as it is right now can't support single characters. 6 months ago or so I would have agreed 100% that tradeskillers are important because we only have one char, and that's how it should be. But now it's a different story. Tradeskillers are valued because noone wants to play one. Any tradeskillers around are either new or alt chars, or a masochistic minority. I would rather have kk fix support chars, but I'm not very optomistic about that, so at the very least I want to stop paying extra money because of their mistake.

In the end though what's the difference? People are so set against making it two characters, when it already is. You don't hafta use both slots, but for the same reason so many have alts now, many would love the extra slot.

Carinth
07-03-04, 01:04
Since many long pages have passed and this thread is still alive and some of the ppl haven't read all the posts - I'm pretty sure of that - I thought it would be time for me to show them what was and still is my opinion on this. This far only ShadorDancer has paid attention on this one and he said that it's the only decent reason that far posted in this thread. Sooo... there it is. (yeah, this might not be right thing to do but I just want to give ppl something to think about. And maybe a new perspective on this subject.)

erm, I completely disagree with that. Why should being an adult mean we like throwing away money? Do we value money less or something? I don't know about you but I like to not only make money, but save money. $10 may not be a whole lot, but it adds up. Plus that statement assumes that kids are poor and that kids are the immature ones. There are plenty of ppl ingame with maturity level less then half of their age. There are also many kids with alt chars. Did you ever have a hobby as a kid? I played magic the gathering, those cards could be damned expensive. While I did get some money from my parents, I worked for most of it. If I had been playing Neocron back then, an extra account wouldn't have been any problem for me to buy.

•Super|\|ova•
07-03-04, 01:13
erm, I completely disagree with that. Why should being an adult mean we like throwing away money? Do we value money less or something? I don't know about you but I like to not only make money, but save money. $10 may not be a whole lot, but it adds up. Plus that statement assumes that kids are poor and that kids are the immature ones. There are plenty of ppl ingame with maturity level less then half of their age. There are also many kids with alt chars. Did you ever have a hobby as a kid? I played magic the gathering, those cards could be damned expensive. While I did get some money from my parents, I worked for most of it. If I had been playing Neocron back then, an extra account wouldn't have been any problem for me to buy.

Yes but I gladly pay for better experience in game. By saying that I mean I don't mind paying for an extra account as long as the level of maturity wont go as low as on some other servers.

ZoomZoom
07-03-04, 04:56
if pluto becomes a 2 slot server im going back there no question :)