PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] New Turrets

Cytaur
04-03-04, 05:39
Right now we have 6 types of turrets, even 5 types and 1 "tool". Which are laser, machinegun, plasma, gattling, artillery and the stuntrap. Out of them all, only gattling and stuntrap are effective. Artillery had a nice function of hitting enemies before they even come to your outpost, but it was nerfed. Range-wise and now damage does absoloutly NOTHING. Then other old-school turrets, they became useless. Even though if they get fixed, they will still have same function - shoot the enemy. Why not add more turrets with different functions.

1) True Sight Trap
La dee da, enemies can't stealth in the radius of that trap. Well neither can you.

2) Anti-Vehicle Rocket Turret
With coming of DoY, there are going to be gliders.... how can you protect your OP air space against incoming bombing run or paradrops ? Or there's incoming Rhino through backdoor killing everything in sight. Well no fear, the turret will tear it apart. Unless attackers can use tactics and send manforce against that turret first.

3) Proximity Mine Trap
Camouflaged, enemy goes nearby....BOOM just like those pesky Kamikaze drones.

Those turrets will sure change the battlefield as we know it today in a positive way. Instead of linear fights, people might want to use tactics.

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 05:44
I'm all for it, but...

Originally posted by MrChumble
New turrets would be fine, but I'd prefer they looked at fixing existing ones first (and the turret/op system in general).