PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to server

Q`alooaith
04-03-04, 02:22
Well, I can get on the internet, I'm pretty sure I could get onto the TS..

I know I got the correct IP, 62.140.29.54

and it's going 8040, I can't change that part no matter what I've tryed so far..

I don't even get to hamburg, hell I don't get to level3 london...

So other than going and helping out on the TS, anyone got any ideas?

kurai
04-03-04, 02:53
Pretty sure doesn't really help much.

Let us know for sure if you can, or you can't :D

Then we can tell if it's a generic routing problem, or something more specific that's fubared.

On that note - don't try and change the port from 8040 - that's the remote server's listen port, not your outbound.

Q`alooaith
04-03-04, 03:05
just did tracert to the TS, and I get all the way there..

So I'm 95% sure I could connect (currently got too little Disk space to make a TS install to check)..

just tryed a tracert to retail's IP and I don't even get out of the NTL exchange, so look's like somthing's screwed up near me.

Freya
04-03-04, 03:10
are you behind a firewall or router?

Q`alooaith
04-03-04, 03:15
Originally posted by Freya
are you behind a firewall or router?

It look's to be an NTL based problem, I am behind a router, but it is not the problem, I can connect to other IP's, TS and other places.. From reading some other part's of the forum another area had this problem, NTL cable lines changes or somthing..

Just tryed getting on the NTL world site, no joy...

So.... when it is a daylight hour me gonna call em and see what's up with them..

kurai
04-03-04, 03:32
Something very odd is going on if you can reach 62.140.29.54 but not 62.140.29.55

They are both in the /27 hanging off AS25074 (the BGP announces for which seem to be fine)

If the above doesn't mean much to you it just tells us that the route for the full network sub-block the game servers live in is being advertised properly to the rest of the internet.

In essence it means *something* along your route is treating 62.140.29.54 differently specifically.

Q`alooaith
04-03-04, 11:24
Originally posted by kurai
In essence it means *something* along your route is treating 62.140.29.54 differently specifically.

yup, me calling NTL see what's going on and yell at them if it's somthing to do with them..

also can't get to the NTLworld.com site, so might be a range of places I can't geto, just I'm so dull and boring that I only go places which it don't affetc mostly..