PDA

View Full Version : Where are the * to *** fire mobs?

Bragvledt
04-03-04, 00:59
I'm going to check out TG pretty soon for this.
Are there any more anywhere else?

I calculated I can absorb about 80% fire damage on my monk with my current setup, so I hope it's enough.

Oh and do they all do force/piercing as well?

Invertigo
04-03-04, 01:03
there all in the canyon area, throught all those zones there..

oh and dont expect to be able to stand infront of a Chaser;)

naimex
04-03-04, 01:08
go e12... chaos cave... bring a person to rezz you.. unless you have high/capped resists in all or is a PPU monk..

Bragvledt
04-03-04, 18:14
It's mostly for soloing that I'm going there.
And I'm a hybrid, so I'm not even going to try to tackle a 120/120 mob alone.

Don't chaos cave mobs do poison damage?

rhPhMe
04-03-04, 18:22
Chaos Caves are 100% posion force....viper king armor and 20 posion in resists seem to fit me ok.....

Bragvledt
04-03-04, 19:04
A death trap it is I tell ya!
Well it is with 0 poison resist. :p

And the "OC" caves, do they also have poison mobs or are these the chaos ones?
I'm such a noob, I should get out more.

athon
04-03-04, 23:33
Just about any zone north of TG and East side of the map you can find them. *** include Grim Persecutors and Grim Chasers (watch it - they climb hills).

Athon Solo

Bragvledt
04-03-04, 23:58
I'll watch them *** mobs alright. From far away.
I have to play it tactically against any *** mob anyway.
Can't even take 3 hits from a WB (I mostly have crappy store-bought PPU spells though). Well I THINK I can't, no use standing around trying to find out. :p

metalangel
05-03-04, 13:36
Yeah. Grims don't look different but MAN do they fucking hurt!

Also, you can't really solo in the Chaos Caves. You'll get **********, no question about it. The little things take heaps of damage, and dish out even more. However, with a good hunting party, you will level like nobody's business.

Darkborg
05-03-04, 14:06
yeah try going to cycrow and hooking up with a hunting party for doing the caves.
that should be pretty fun.
Though take care . There does happen a little bit off pvp around there.

ZoomZoom
05-03-04, 14:26
soloing fire mobs is more for tanks :p

u get like 160 fire resiest with there amour

Cyphor
05-03-04, 14:30
Originally posted by ZoomZoom

A pe can have more defence with full inq 2 and med belt + shelt and capped heal/heal sanctum :p

And hybrids can solo almost everything in the game.

Argent
05-03-04, 16:18

My HC PE has 177 in fire armor, that's with light fire belt.

Add shelter and heal.... Bye bye Grimmies.

Bragvledt
06-03-04, 06:06

My monk has the equivalent of 145 armor fire resist.
And if you check neocron.ems.ru, you can see that there's little difference between absorbed damage when you have 125, or 150, or 175 armor value.
Plus I have my group shelter to absorb some more fire damage. :)

Btw, by checking out Outdoor Caves 1 with my /// tank :eek:, I came across some nice poison mobs, ranked 70-100, which don't spawn behind you. (no boss mob though). Wish I had specc'ed for poison now ... Oh well, nothing a heap of loms can't fix.

ezza
07-03-04, 00:50
Originally posted by Bragvledt
I'll watch them *** mobs alright. From far away.
I have to play it tactically against any *** mob anyway.
Can't even take 3 hits from a WB (I mostly have crappy store-bought PPU spells though). Well I THINK I can't, no use standing around trying to find out. :p you talking hybrid monk?

even before the recent reduction in the hybrid malus, i was about to go toe to toe with a warbot/warby titan, but you should get yourself some better spells made, get slotted shelter a good heal, slap those resister spells, damage boost and fire away at the warby and they go down

Bragvledt
07-03-04, 02:13
Yeah I'm a hybrid, only one with no ds, kami or psi core (attack-3 and exp-2 I think) and with a 2-slot holy nrg halo. AND an le. :p
I guess I can take them out, just not face-to-face. That freeze still hurts though, takes away about 1/3 hlt. I need at least 4 dboosts on him, otherwise it takes too long.

Need more slotted spells indeed, I only got my holy nrg halo and my 1-slot dboost now.
Shopping is boring.

ezza
07-03-04, 04:38
Yeah I'm a hybrid, only one with no ds, kami or psi core (attack-3 and exp-2 I think) and with a 2-slot holy nrg halo. AND an le. :p
I guess I can take them out, just not face-to-face. That freeze still hurts though, takes away about 1/3 hlt. I need at least 4 dboosts on him, otherwise it takes too long.

Need more slotted spells indeed, I only got my holy nrg halo and my 1-slot dboost now.
Shopping is boring. are you getting enough %damage to run cast your holy nrg halo?

if so i recon with a good shelter you will be able to at least run rings around the warby, so minimizing damage, keep a heal running the whole time you fight it, and you should get 1 dead warby.

still if ya having fun thats all that matters really

Bragvledt
07-03-04, 04:55
Originally posted by ezza
are you getting enough %damage to run cast your holy nrg halo?

if so i recon with a good shelter you will be able to at least run rings around the warby, so minimizing damage, keep a heal running the whole time you fight it, and you should get 1 dead warby.
still if ya having fun thats all that matters really

What %dmg do I need for 100% runcast? I can't fully run and cast, more like run-a-bit-cast-run-a-bit-more.
I guess it's because of my only Better PPU spells that WB-dmg is still so high.
I also found out it's good to hit a WB when you're on top of a hill with it being below you, so you can crouch and have only its head visible for you to target.

Another question : are those Johnny/Ybot-things near the TG area?

ezza
07-03-04, 10:29
i belive its500% to run cast(been a while though since i was a monk)

as for the TG, not around the TG zone, however there are Y reps in some of the zones surrounding, but if i was able to get a 0/2 noob out of the canyon on both saturn and pluto last week imsure you can get your hybrid in.

are you allied/neutral to TG? cos if you are your proberbly not going to need to worry about the DOY bots anyway, though i figure you have had run ins with them in the past?

they are all up north east

Organics
07-03-04, 18:26

Shopping is boring.

Freeze ?

Isn't it an Energy/X-Ray beam?

Dam the WB's Electric Shock tho :p Fucks my APU up all the time.

Bragvledt
07-03-04, 20:02
Originally posted by ezza
i belive its500% to run cast(been a while though since i was a monk)
as for the TG, not around the TG zone, however there are Y reps in some of the zones surrounding, but if i was able to get a 0/2 noob out of the canyon on both saturn and pluto last week imsure you can get your hybrid in.
are you allied/neutral to TG? cos if you are your proberbly not going to need to worry about the DOY bots anyway, though i figure you have had run ins with them in the past?
they are all up north east

Wow I'm not anywhere near 500%, I think it's 3xx.
I'm Protopharm, good to see I needn't worry about the DOY bots.
And about those Y reps, I'll be dead before I even see them, with their insaaaaane range.

First stop will be Plaza 1 again, for some better spells.

Freeze ?
Isn't it an Energy/X-Ray beam?
Dam the WB's Electric Shock tho Fucks my APU up all the time.

Yeah, the electric shock is what I meant. Hurts me really bad.

Gestra
07-03-04, 20:09
Runcast is damage over 500% and a high ROF. I think you need round about 70 at least for full straight line runcastability.

gostly
07-03-04, 20:09
when i was a pure apu...i would solo outside of gaia mine for hours and hours at a time...firemobs all outside and spawn rate is great...for some reason people are almost too scared to solo out there?...lol...

worse things i would have to fight out there were terror leapers...becuz they almost always fly closer to you...just so you can hear the sound of them spawning more birds...

the hills = friends :lol:

Bragvledt
07-03-04, 20:19
I think I got about 78 rof, despite my low 67INT (with 87PSI).

Good to hear I can hide in Gaya hills. And good spawn rate = lvl frenzy. And if you as an APU can survive there, I should too.

PS : am I the only one who has the Nema NC World Map as their desktop wallpaper? :)