PDA

View Full Version : subscription fee

t0tt3
04-03-04, 00:00
If I make a 2nd acc. Do I need to pay the game once more?
I mean if I bought it once do I need to buy it an other time just to have a 2nd account??

just curious thnx

Spoon
04-03-04, 00:07
Originally posted by t0tt3
If I make a 2nd acc. Do I need to pay the game once more?
I mean if I bought it once do I need to buy it an other time just to have a 2nd account??

just curious thnx

Yeah, you'll get billed for $29.99 at the end of the 10 day trial(if that's what your getting), and get 18 or 20 more days free, then you'll get billed monthly, quarterly or bi-annually.....

Unless you can find NC in a bargin bin at a game store for $5....

t0tt3
04-03-04, 00:11
bha so you pay twice for a game you allready have ? :(

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 00:14
you need another cd key .. so just get the original box online someplace

greploco
04-03-04, 00:26
you can pick up the game for less than $10us in the states. that's not too bad.

Myrlin
04-03-04, 00:38
Your other option is to buy it off ebay from a player that is leaving the game. Of course you do so at your own risk. When BDoY comes around, they've still got the CD key so you can't be 100% sure that they won't take the account back.

REMUS
04-03-04, 00:57
I had a bit of a go about this a while back becuase, i think paying $29.99 is to much for a game you already have, but i got bombed out by fan boys and MJS himself, it would pawn if they made a second option for additional accounts where you got a dis-count for multiple accounts, but that idea got bombed out as well becuase of the fact we pay low subscription charges.

Hackenstein
04-03-04, 01:25
Bought a brand new box off ebay today for 11 dollars. Comes with 1 free month. Bingo free cd key (or 2 bucks if your picky).

Shujin
04-03-04, 04:33
or u can just buy a account off ebay ;P

anyway back to saneness, just find a place that does comparison pricing, and tell them u found neocron for only 4$ at gamestop so they have to lower their price to 4$

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 04:44
Originally posted by Shujin
or u can just buy a account off ebay ;P

It's funny seeing people sell accounts for like $500. It's not like the game is that popular where good accounts will be bid on for that much.

Most I ever saw was 1K for some capped Monk (minus INT).

MrChumble
04-03-04, 04:47
Hmm I'm sure that's not right. I've got 5 accounts on pluto but only one copy of the game and one CD key, and have only paid for the game once. It's been a while since I went on my account spree so I can't remember exactly how I went about it, if I recall I'll edit this post to put it in.

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 04:49
Originally posted by MrChumble
Hmm I'm sure that's not right. I've got 5 accounts on pluto but only one copy of the game and one CD key, and have only paid for the game once. It's been a while since I went on my account spree so I can't remember exactly how I went about it, if I recall I'll edit this post to put it in.

I thought a new account meant a new CD-Key with another $10 charge, :confused:

ServeX
04-03-04, 04:51
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,113223,00.html yea

MrChumble
04-03-04, 04:55
Well the Solitaire character is my main account, which came from an ebay copy of neocron (whoohoo £8!) many moons ago. Rawne was originally Rakz's account, but he stopped using him so I took it over. Rosy is a re-roll of a re-roll of a re-roll....etc etc....which I presume was originally a 10 day trial account. Ditto Rurouni. My 5th char is a secret :p

So I guess I must have done trial accounts on rosy and ruri and never noticed those thieving gypsy KK types taking money off me for the game. But I can't see how that can be, I keep a pretty darn close eye on my CC payments. I'm curious now, so gonna go check my CC logs :)

EDIT: Nope never paid for the game again, just paid subscription rates since I started my extra accounts.

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 05:14
You'll probably see you have been getting billed $50 a month. :lol:

Shujin
04-03-04, 05:33
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
It's funny seeing people sell accounts for like $500. It's not like the game is that popular where good accounts will be bid on for that much.

Most I ever saw was 1K for some capped Monk (minus INT). haha did anyone actually pay?

if it was like 40-50$ i would actually buy it if i needed but 50+ hell no...
would only 40-50 because of the time it takes to level and stuff.

i seen a guy that bought my DS for 75$ off ebay, sell his account for about 300$

ps. or u can try to see if the people who sell the unopen'd boxes of NC on ebay will sell it to u and just give u the CD key so u can just make an account right then. and just tell them to keep the cd's and box if they want and just destroy the cd-key.

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 05:39
I don't think anyone bid on the account.

There's one auction for $300 for three capped players on Saturn and no one has bid on that yet, either.

PS: I admit the only time I ever bought something off Ebay for NC was a Herc chip for $80... but that's because I was really lazy in getting one and it would have completed my Tank. :D