PDA

View Full Version : Would someone from KK like to reply on this one? Runners too.

KeithMyath
03-03-04, 22:42
I've been playing this morning, as per usual in the last week or two, when i log a character, I've had to log him twice.

In the preceding weeks the occaisional and tolerable "inifinte synching" has occured to me every single time I log. This was okay when it happened every once in a while, but now it happens between every character switch, I thought, ok, this will get better, but no:

Today it happend twice in a row on a character of mine, right after Neocron crashed itself to my desktop. I didnt die while i was in-game looking at myself synching, but since you have no stats I was at 50hp and getting shot at. You can imagine my impatience of waiting for the 10 seconds to run out, so that I can relog all over again.

MY BIG QUESTION TO KK:
Will anything be done about characters who are accepted as logged in, but dont synch into the game fully, I imagine some odd loop not being fulfilled in the program's code, but who knows. I'm sure not everybody, certainly KK, has had to deal with the problem of infinite synching, but this is happening to me EVERYTIME I TRY TO PLAY YOUR GAME.

maybe you could offer an explanation as to what causes it (if it is on my end of the stick, instead of just saying its my end's problem). or hell maybe you could actually do some major trouble shooting on the bugs that plague the game.

just a tip: when people come to see what sort of community your game has while considering BDOY, what do you think they'll figure about the CONSTANT posts on bugs. I've followed this game since pre-beta and have been playing since september. Your game is fun but it is full of bugs.

I know i'm not being the most polite about this, but I havent complained about bugs till now, and I'm wondering if you guys will ever get around to doing anything about the biggest deterent of your game. I ask you though, Please reply and give the community a word of what will be done about everyone's problems.
Thank you.

KeithMyath
03-03-04, 23:06
so i'm looking at 25 views and not a single reply, come on, tell me I'm not schizophrenic and am the only one how synchs indefinetly

maybe a little support from other runners with the same problems? hmmmm?

Mighty Max
03-03-04, 23:08
A defrag helps in this kind of Synch Bug.

Looks like it happens because the synch actually gets replied before the client gets ready. After the zone and other needed files are loaded into the cache you synch without problem.

That happens to me always when the ping is really low, or my HDD is busy with some other stuff.

Q`alooaith
03-03-04, 23:08
The game's not full of bugs, it's got an avaravge number of them..

Invertigo
03-03-04, 23:09
this happens to me everyday...

i thought it was the same for everyone...guess noto_O

its taken me up to 15 trys to login...

i was thinking about making a leet movie about it..but thought ill just get flamed...:rolleyes:

Psyco Groupie
03-03-04, 23:12
once you've been on the forums for a while you'll realise that CDV are a bunch of OAP's etc

DonnyJepp
03-03-04, 23:15
This probably affects Pluto players worse, when it occurs on Saturn I am usually able to wait 30 seconds and log an alt, then come back in as the char that had the trouble. You don't have that option on Pluto.

What it seems like is your char logs in but doesn't sync with the client, and then it takes as long as 2-3 minutes for the server to realize the link is dead. I have seen my alts stick around for that long in that circumstance instead of auto-disconnecting after 30 or so seconds, it is disconcerting.

Genty
03-03-04, 23:16
Getting stuck in a sync does happen to me, however it is not at a very constant rate and I don't think i have ever needed to relog more than twice to get in the game which is less than a minute. This problem has been worse with the last patch so, lets hope, that the next patch improves it. Some of the devs have been working hard on the new weapon balance, lets hope the others have been squashing bugs :D

Still prefer Sync's to FRE's.....at least you can see whats going on in a sync even if you can't do anything about it.

Mighty Max
03-03-04, 23:17
It usally works to press ESC to abort the synch and the log in successfull. You dont have to wait till it recognizes the hangup.

KeithMyath
05-03-04, 00:26
so i just finished defraging my harddrive, thanks for that advice, I just logged into NC and for the first time since the latest patch or two i didnt' infinitly synch. seems to have done the trick and i must recommend it to anyone having such problems. sure it took 12+ hours, but hey it was worth it

sanityislost
05-03-04, 02:46
least we got more players than bugs, then we would be up shit creak with out a whatcha ma call it

Jules69
05-03-04, 02:57
get used to it.....

:lol: it makes me laugh every time

RayBob
05-03-04, 03:10
I must say that as much as I love this game I am disappointed at how little attention the company gives to making it more stable. They don't even lie to us and pretend to be fixing it. :p The last official comment from KK comes from their CEO bragging how stable the game runs on his machine. Evidently they think this is all a big conspiracy and we are all just pretending to crash multiple times a day.

Ray

MrChumble
05-03-04, 03:13
Every single time I change character or re-log I have to log in twice because the first time I get infinite sync. It's been like that since forever (and my hdds are defraged weekly ;) ). I guess I'm kind of used to it now, just like all the other bugs. It's a real pain in the ass during OP wars or MB raids etc, when changing char in a hurry is important.

Will it be fixed? No, we'll get a dentist melee rare instead. Whoo :mad:

Techi
05-03-04, 19:37
I've found that when switching accounts, I get a black-screen permasynch. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm unable to log another account until the character from the previous account has already faded.

The simple solution thus far has been to wait about 17 seconds between characters for the old account to fade out, but I'd like to be able to log in without that wait, if it would be possible.

Anyone seen this before and have a solution?