PDA

View Full Version : Populartity

Hackenstein
03-03-04, 20:27
I have been playing Neocron off and on for about a year now. I was wondering why whenever i mention neocron in the states(US) i get a blank look and a 40 mile stare. I have done my best to get word of mouth going but was there ever an Ad campaign in the US?

With the New expansion coming out will there be a re-release of the game with a traget for new memebers?

Love the Game, keep up the good work.

Marx
03-03-04, 21:12
Originally posted by Hackenstein
I have been playing Neocron off and on for about a year now. I was wondering why whenever i mention neocron in the states(US) i get a blank look and a 40 mile stare. I have done my best to get word of mouth going but was there ever an Ad campaign in the US?

With the New expansion coming out will there be a re-release of the game with a traget for new memebers?

Love the Game, keep up the good work.

Yes there was an ad campaign in the US.

Yes, it absolutely sucked.

Hayato
03-03-04, 21:16
yeah not too many of us in the sates know about Neocorn and the ones that do know think it suck cause they have read a shitty review of it..

Zanathos
03-03-04, 21:20
I hate IGN.... they made a bad review because the guy who played the game had to kill rats....

is not like you have to do it for a long time :rolleyes:

I do my best to get neocron known to the world.

SigmaDraconis
03-03-04, 21:36
there was an ad campaign in the states?!?!?!?!

Jest
03-03-04, 22:06
Pft, US ad campaign my butt. I bet over 90% of us heard about the game through word of mouth.

Hackenstein
03-03-04, 22:27
Guilty as charged. I heard through word of mouth. Ive been researching ways to advertise for free here. Not an easy task. Forums. Ive placed adds for the game in a few. Well all that I can find. Ive tried a few Game sites asking for free space. tehy dont like that. A few hint/spoiler sites i tried to get interested in making a neocron addition. All in all not a lot of response. Now I have played most of the MMO's out there. EQ, DAOC, E&B, SWG, to name a few. I know that this is still one of the best games to date. Better garphics and stability than most. Good reaction time server side vs player. Plenty of content. Great load time between zones. Dont get me wrong all of them could be better but compared to what is top of the line atm i dont see much of a difference. Id have to say SWG is the fore runner atm and Neocron competes. If the uprade that is planned is really as good as it sounds(God we can only hope). Ok I am biased and rambling but Im getting to a point somewhere in here.

Those of you out there that like this game as much as I do try and promote it where ever you can. Ultimately I would like to see so many people playing they need to open new servers. Its getting rather pointless on saturn to start new characters.

"Hey lets head over to MB for some newb expin" --- *GR* BOOM BOOM BOOM. DEAD! x_x

"Hey what are 4 TG tanks doin at the GR?"

To Reakktor. Start publicizing the new expansion. Try and draw new customers to the game in the US. Come on I know you want to.

Shujin
03-03-04, 22:37
Originally posted by Jest
Pft, US ad campaign my butt. I bet over 90% of us heard about the game through word of mouth. actually i found NC from a popup ad that came up while i was playin a diff game and was like hmm i think ill give this game a try ;] all i seen was free open beta and was like ;O kewl

Vryce
03-03-04, 23:05
I just happened to come across a review in PCGamer last summer.

btw, I did a review for NC on Amazon.com :cool:

Scikar
03-03-04, 23:16
PC Gamer (UK) did a weekly Neocron diary, and they put a demo on their coverdisks. My brother tried it out and liked it, he went out and bought it, I watched him play it and got the feeling I was being left out, so I made a couple of chars on his account, got a few friends to play, eventually bought the account off him and made him get a new one. :D

I even persuaded my chemistry teacher at college to play. Though he was just coming down from an Everquest addiction so it wasn't to hard. :p

Zanathos
03-03-04, 23:25
Ive tried to get a teacher at my school to play :p

seems like he just never has the time to check it out though.

I may get a friend from work to play though :D

Shujin
03-03-04, 23:33
Originally posted by Zanathos
Ive tried to get a teacher at my school to play :p

seems like he just never has the time to check it out though.

I may get a friend from work to play though :D yea i tried to get my networkin teacher to try to play it, but he is to much into AC O_o

Mattimeo
04-03-04, 00:33
I had heard about this game from a friend of mine before the beta started. We were both looking forward to the game. When I got in beta, and he watched me play tho, he decided the game sucked. when open beta started and we played together, we decided the game was ok, but needed more. When I heard LE penalties were removed, I picked up retail. the game is still OK, could still use more, but at least now I can try to have some fun.

of course, he still thinks the game sucks, and whenever the conversation comes up, anyone that may have been intrested is immediatly turned off from his negative views of the game (and I can't really fix it, because I can't counter most of the problems he brings to light.)

of the 5 friends I've had play this game, I'm the only one left. and every single one of them will take an oppoutunity to take a shot at the game when anything semi-positive to say about it comes about.

Neocron suffers from more than just lack of advertising.

g0rt
04-03-04, 00:43
Theres 3 kinds of people unfortunately in North America when it comes to Neocron....

1. 90% dont know wtf it is because there has NEVER been any advertisements here

2. 9.9% hvae either played it or heard of the insane amount of bugs and problems with the game, and quit or never bothered playing it in the first place

3. 0.1% of us play it

Sad..but 100% true.

Kikyo
04-03-04, 00:53
Originally posted by Jest
Pft, US ad campaign my butt. I bet over 90% of us heard about the game through word of mouth.

actually, i started by this:

i was getting bored of Ra3 and i usually went to Megagames.com to download demos when i was bored, i saw Neocron Beta 4 and decided to try it. when i first started i loved it, even till today i love it :angel:

NC4ever

6 P.S. Remove Para :D

nugz420
04-03-04, 02:28
I saw no ad campain i was lucky enough to hear about neocron on a diablo2 chat room as a free beta checked it out and got hooked.

Clive tombstone
04-03-04, 02:30
Hell, I heard of the Game through the Person who Modled the aggressor Mutant, hell if I remember his name, Since he went to college about 3 years ago and havnt seen his sorry ass since.

But yah, Word through mouth dude

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 02:32
They are promising more advertising for DoY (even commercials o_O).

TheEnemy
04-03-04, 02:44
My friends won't play because they are too cheap, they are like "$10 a month WTF" and then play some free game instead. I think some people just aren't into the idea of subscribing to a game instead of buying it in a box and only paying once.

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 02:50
$10 is the cheapest, so just tell them that. lol

amfest
04-03-04, 02:59
I was hearing about ragnork online beta or whatnot alot .. and I ws thinking . hmm should I give MMORPGs a tryout . . . about that time my gamespy daily email came in with the neocron's open beta 4 so I said why not? . .. and here I am still playing and making gimped characters :D

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 03:03
I used to live in R.O. That was a really good social MMO, IMO.

I was in the free beta and even was in the closed beta where you had to pay $10 a month. I ended up having a level 60+ Knight before I quit and played Neocron. :D

ezza
04-03-04, 03:13
did they have much advertising over in UK? nevermind US i cant recall seeing add over here for neocron:confused:

only reason i found out about it was when i stumbled accross the free BETA client on gamespy

SypH
04-03-04, 06:16
I saw it in work one day and was toying with the idea of getting it . One of my workmates had bought a copy a few days before and told me it was pretty cool, and when he said it had nekkid wimmin in it I was sold. Bought my copy and havent looked back.

notneo
04-03-04, 10:15
to quoet an earlier post no in th e uk there was no advertising,the only time i asw it was in pc gamer,i even kept the mag.

even amazon do not advertise it ,you have to type it in the search engine to find it.

besides players i do not know of anyone who has heard of it let alone played it .

and we wonder why there are no new players???????