PDA

View Full Version : Has it always been like this - Stealth

SypH
03-03-04, 15:41
I was messing about last night and was constantly stealthing on my PE, and after a few stealths I started noticing drug flash effects. A few more stealths and the haze got worse as did my movement. Has this always been like this?

Psyco Groupie
03-03-04, 15:44
Always been there, the effect should be upped or occur after like 3 back to back stealths imo.

Benjie
03-03-04, 15:45
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
the effect should be upped or occur after like 3 back to back stealths imo.
I disagree. I hate that drug effect. I'm all for trade-offs, but I would prefere a less annoying one.

Psyco Groupie
03-03-04, 15:48
Stealth isnt ment tobe /set gm_invisable 1 with gaps

If you want to survive every single fight ever make a ppu
:rolleyes:

SypH
03-03-04, 16:00
Well I've never used stealth enough to notice that before, but now that I have I personally think it should be upped. When I stealth I have virtual invunerability, that needs some sort of trade off. If someone sucks that much and has to stealth constantly then they deserve some drug like side effects.

Benjie
03-03-04, 16:03
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Stealth isnt ment tobe /set gm_invisable 1 with gaps

If you want to survive every single fight ever make a ppu
:rolleyes:
I know. I agree that there should be a big trade-off.

I just wish kk would be a little more orrigional than to smear my moniter with Jam. For crying out load it looks like Neocron on the Gameboy Advance when I'm hazed up. o_O

It's fucking annoying. A BAAAAAD kind of annoying. Tradeoffs are acceptable, annoying shitty game elements are just a bitch.

johngreen2000
03-03-04, 16:15
I dont think it needs to be upped any. This story will explain why...

So a few days ago I finally made a SH spy with up to stealth 2. Theres a certain clan on saturn that I pick on becuase they pissed me off. The first 3-4 days I would kill 3-4 of them before they would get enogh people to kill me. Now they got smart and started bringing area effect weapons,there ppus decided to get true sight etc and now they have about a 50% chance of killing me each time I attack. They used the in game machanics that are already in place and actually started using some common sence and now they negate my stealth ability making it a fair ground slightly tilted in there favor since im a spy with low defence. If there werent so many ways to stop a stealthing spy I might say up it but as of now every class minus apu's has somthing they can do.

spy- can stealth himself so he cant complain about another spy stealthing

tank use area effect weapons and a spy will be toast

ppu true sight

apu is the only one I think may be underpowered verus a stealth spy

pe damage boost and follow the trail/can use stealth himself

El_MUERkO
03-03-04, 16:21
As far as i know the drug haze only happens with repeated use of Stealth 1 and came in after stealth was released and KK were tweaking it to stop Stealth spamage. Stealth 2 does not have drug flash that I've been able to see but I think it might increase drug flash if you are already flashed.

Hazard01
03-03-04, 16:26
This drug flash only appears with stealth one.

I personally never encountered it on account of being a spy and I was able to use the stealth 3 from beginning of their existence.

So it merely is some kind of Stealth-PE nerf :)

Argent
03-03-04, 17:58
Originally posted by Hazard01
So it merely is some kind of Stealth-PE nerf :)

I have only stealth one on my PE and I'm quite sure I've never noticed any kind of drug haze.....

cRazy2003
03-03-04, 18:18
Originally posted by johngreen2000
I dont think it needs to be upped any. This story will explain why...

So a few days ago I finally made a SH spy with up to stealth 2. Theres a certain clan on saturn that I pick on becuase they pissed me off. The first 3-4 days I would kill 3-4 of them before they would get enogh people to kill me. Now they got smart and started bringing area effect weapons,there ppus decided to get true sight etc and now they have about a 50% chance of killing me each time I attack. They used the in game machanics that are already in place and actually started using some common sence and now they negate my stealth ability making it a fair ground slightly tilted in there favor since im a spy with low defence. If there werent so many ways to stop a stealthing spy I might say up it but as of now every class minus apu's has somthing they can do.

spy- can stealth himself so he cant complain about another spy stealthing

tank use area effect weapons and a spy will be toast

ppu true sight

apu is the only one I think may be underpowered verus a stealth spy

pe damage boost and follow the trail/can use stealth himself

APU's can barrel, so they airnt underpowered in anyway in that sense

Kal
03-03-04, 18:22
apus have multishock spells

their the easiest to kill stealthers with

Psyco Groupie
03-03-04, 18:22
im guessing you'd have to stleath a crap load before stealth 3 gave you a hang over .. either that or becos its lasts so long you cant get a hangover

Clownst0pper
03-03-04, 18:24
Thats it benjie, the attitude of "Sure, im all for nerfing stealth, just something which doesnt effect my skill and play style, which definatly doesnt include drug flash, its not like I want to be punished for overstealthing now is it!"

*sigh* this community is going no-where

johngreen2000
03-03-04, 19:02
omg good call lol. I havnt played an apu in ages and forgot about those spells. Im a dumbass :P

So I totally disagree with giving drug flash. every class has some way to deal with stealth

Ehyuko
03-03-04, 22:46
Drug effects are only rarely seen on stealth 2 because it lasts long enough for the drug effect to clear/reset. Stealth 1 does not, so when you abuse it to stay stealthed as long as you can you get flash.

The exception to no flash from higher tools is when you add another drug on top, any anti drug or another drug wearing off causes double drug flash, once from the tool, once from the drug.

Freaky Fryd
04-03-04, 00:24
Ehyuko is right, and if you want to test it, go stand in a true sight sanctum and continually attempt to stealth with whatever level you want...

L0KI
04-03-04, 00:26
Theres a drug effect on stealth?!??!?!

i have NEVER had that...

How many times does that have to be used?

Psyco Groupie
04-03-04, 00:33
like 15 times or something, its like a tiny drug fx that lasts for about a minute