PDA

View Full Version : LOM Change

Crest
03-03-04, 13:29
Once Again I was changing my Tanks setup .... a little late and all, but none the less...

This means ... LOM wait 5 minutes then LOM wait 5 minutes ... rinse repeat.
I undertsand why KK have a SI on LOMS and a skills loss (3 Pills on Const and I lost Almost 2 mill Const Points)

Would it Not be nice if you could put say 8 loms in your processor and hit start... Then it automatically does it for you ...

So Processor hits the first lom, you get SI ... SI goes it hits the second LOM ... Your char must still be online but you dont have to sit there wasting time ...

You could get started and comeback after eastenders and 10 LOMS are done

switchback
03-03-04, 13:31
very nice idea, i totally agree, with this way it forces people to use macros, which kk dont like

MrChumble
03-03-04, 13:36
I'd love that, the current lom system is just a pain in the ass and discourages experimentation (and thus long term play). Also it hits newbies especially hard because they put points in random places because they don't know any better.
I'm not saying LoMs need to be exciting, but they sure shouldn't put people off playing :D

dutchusuk
03-03-04, 13:37
you better can look a good movie then eastenders but i like the idea.

El Barto
03-03-04, 14:17
I think they only need t half the Si you get from one LoM and that would fix it.

Benjie
03-03-04, 14:21
Although I HATED the spy exploit with a vegance, I would rather anything than the current Lom setup.

it forces people to use macros

the current lom system is just a pain in the ass and discourages experimentation (and thus long term play).
both very good comments.
KK should take heed.

retr0n
03-03-04, 14:34
I think they should be like some kind of uber lom for lomming an entire stat line.
For example if you are pistol and want to go rifle you go buy that
uber lom or better yet, do some kind of mission for it and pay 500k
aswell and then you pop it, it free's up all your pistol combat under
dex, drops say 5 or 6 dex levels, depending on how much p-c you
got and you get 100% SI for a week (NC time) or so :p

So you could pop a lom, go to sleep, wake up, start recapping :p

icarium
03-03-04, 14:45
good compromise this, means you dont have to actually be sat there WASTING YOUR TIME, if you have to have the time limit at least let us stack them up KK

HumphreY
03-03-04, 14:53
Leave as it is. People might argue the game balance is instable making LOMing necessary. But fact is the changes aren't that profound. People complaining about current LOM system usually abuse the pills for creating an entirly different character. They should suffer for this imo. LOM is introduced to players to correct mistakes and not to replace reroll.

If you want make a rifle-spy instead of a droner, go and create another char.

Cruzbroker
03-03-04, 16:56
Doesn't change the fact it's too long.