PDA

View Full Version : 6:10 / 12:20 pm est

g0rt
03-03-04, 01:14
4th thread on this topic

every day, login servers for saturn go down at these times for about 3-5 minutes

no one can sync or log in for a few minutes, when you try and bring up the character select screen it will boot you back to the server selection screen

it effects absolutely everyone, if you think you are "special" and it doesn't effect you, try logging into the game at one of these times

its annoying, and for the 4th time all im asking is that KK tell us why saturn does this, EVERY DAY at the same time, like clockwork.

i just wanna know

please?

Scikar
03-03-04, 02:12
It could be something at level3. My ISP (Freeserve) lags out every day at 12:00 AM midnight on the dot, and then a few times again in the 15 minutes after that.

Bl@zed
03-03-04, 02:48
yeah well "level 3" needs to get its fucking act together tbh :p

g0rt
03-03-04, 02:52
Whatever the problem, it effects EVERYONE so its definately on level3 or kk's end.

Yesterday we had a crew of about 25 of us zoning into an op at 6:10, and everyone got kicked out of hte game and couldn't log back in for about 5 mins.

25 people from all over the states, canada, portigul, uk, germany, and ireland....isn't a "coincidence" or a little thing that only effects certain players, its a BIG thing

Rieper
03-03-04, 03:04
rofl.. i thought they fixed that one.. on Uranus beginning of retail till about feb the game used to crash EVERY day at midnight GMT without fail..

Devils Grace
03-03-04, 03:28
Originally posted by g0rt
portigul

its Portugal u nib:mad:

Scikar
03-03-04, 03:30
Originally posted by Devils Grace

:lol: DG having a go at someone for spelling? Oh the irony.

g0rt
03-03-04, 03:30
Originally posted by Devils Grace

Im owned

Shujin
03-03-04, 03:45
eve online has the same thing but on their launcher they state that manditory server downage happen at a specific time

but eve is down for a whole hour, they go down from like 6am-7am

kurai
03-03-04, 04:15
The world-server processes for Saturn and the Test server are hosted on the same machine.

I'd be inclined to have a look at that before investigating ISP problems, because logic tells you that routing issues would affect other servers too, not just 62.140.29.55

I'd also be interested to know if 62.140.29.55 is the primary for the NT Domain or Active Directory or any other network housekeeping tasks.

Devils Grace
03-03-04, 04:35
Originally posted by Scikar
:lol: DG having a go at someone for spelling? Oh the irony.

heh

mdares
03-03-04, 05:05
ah so its 9:20 am PST now... last year it used to be 9:05-9:15 pm PST... then one day it stopped... now i know y...

40$Poser
03-03-04, 05:05
problem with servers at certain time? NEVER!

this post should be ignored the servers are fine, blah blah blah...

figures there's no official response by KK to this issue. Oh well... At least it doesn't happen every hour.

g0rt
04-03-04, 01:08
HEY EVERYONE I DARE YOU TO TRY AND LOG INTO SATURN FOR HTE NEXT 2 MINUTES

YES GUES WHAT TIME IT IS...6:10

DonnyJepp
05-03-04, 01:10
This seems to be occurring on Saturn right now.

40$Poser
05-03-04, 01:17
this problem exists, it's not like we are making it up. KK please realize this.

kurai
05-03-04, 01:20
*Has visions of KK running defrag every night at 00:10 local time from Task Scheduler*

I'd put a smiley in, but it might actually be not far from the truth

g0rt
05-03-04, 01:22
All we want is to know why this happens, its something we already have to deal with and were used to it....and yes sometimes its extremely annoying, like when an op is under attacka nd we all hit teh gr and get locked out of the game for 5 mins...now THATS annoying...but if we at least knew WHY this happens, it would be easier to swallow

Psyco Groupie
05-03-04, 01:24
Tis odd.

It could be a x-atlantic thing or you got any euros ?

g0rt
05-03-04, 01:28
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Tis odd.

It happens to all of us. I know for a fact its worldwide because just earlier this week we were zoning into gabanium for an op fight when 6:10 hit.

me/w33man/kimmyg dropped = canada is gone
gh0st/decypher/vetterox dropped = usa is gone
devils grace dropped = portugal is gone
twist3d/ezza/saw/gro/others dropped = uk is gone

tuxy wasn't at that one but hes been at 6:10 op fights before, and he dropped....so theres ireland

I cant remember who all was there, but our clan has ALOT of different people in it from different backgrounds...and we ALL were stuck out of hte game.

:\

its definately something todo with the server, because everyone everywhere can't connect...

kurai
05-03-04, 01:28
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie

Whatever the problem, it effects EVERYONE so its definately on level3 or kk's end.
25 people from all over the states, canada, portigul, uk, germany, and ireland....isn't a "coincidence" or a little thing that only effects certain players, its a BIG thing

Clownst0pper
05-03-04, 01:48
It has never happened to me..I havnt synced in week's and week's.

And im always on. I know loads who do at those times tho :confused:

g0rt
05-03-04, 02:08
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
It has never happened to me..I havnt synced in week's and week's.

And im always on. I know loads who do at those times tho :confused:

Trust me, it happens to everyone. You just haven't noticed it. I know it took me about 4 or 5 months to finally notice, because in those 4 or 5 months i synced out at these times only 3 or 4 times. After inquiring with some old players who have been on saturn FOREVER (divide, magnazan, ste, etc) they all confirmed it....

At 6:10 and 12:20 eastern time, you will not be able to sync on saturn or log into the game for about 2-4 minutes

If you don't zone for these 2-4 minutes, you wont even notice it happening, thats why so many don't.

Psyco Groupie
05-03-04, 02:22
wow thats some seriously random oddities

g0rt
06-03-04, 01:11
6:10 bug goin on right now

clan was just on the way to jenkins for an op fight, how convenient now everyones gonna be split up and unbuffed thx KK for not even bothing to tell us why this happens

17 of us on teamspeak right now, we're all stuck...from all over europe and the united states

whats the deal?

g0rt
06-03-04, 01:17
now me/devils/divide/taint/saw/vetterox are all locked out of our chars, constantly gives us a black syncing screen

THIS IS FUCKED KK WHATS THE PROBLEM and people call these servers stable?

40$Poser
06-03-04, 01:20
a problem with this game? never! it's your computer! har har har

(ps. it's happening today...as it did yesterday and for the past 2 months at least...)

Glok
06-03-04, 01:20
That doesn't happen on Pluto. ;)

j/k of course. that sucks.

g0rt
06-03-04, 01:24
Originally posted by Glok
That doesn't happen on Pluto. ;)

j/k of course. that sucks.

I knwo saturn the hardware server itself seems to be a big piece of shit :p

Stigmata
06-03-04, 01:42
do they start a backup at that time or some dumb scheduled task ?

whatever it is, it fucks the game up for a whole bunch of people

jernau
06-03-04, 08:55

Yesterday we had a crew of about 25 of us zoning into an op at 6:10, and everyone got kicked out of hte game and couldn't log back in for about 5 mins.

If you know it happens at that time every day why did you choose to attack then?

Wouldn't it have been better to wait?

/edit : @kurai - That IP is hopefully only a gateway. ;)

g0rt
06-03-04, 09:51
Originally posted by jernau
If you know it happens at that time every day why did you choose to attack then?

Yo jernau, look at the map...and ask yourself this question:

do you really think WE decide when to attack? theres nothing to attack....we gotta defend whenever attacked....and twice this week it was in these times

jernau
06-03-04, 16:42
Yo jernau, look at the map...and ask yourself this question:

do you really think WE decide when to attack? theres nothing to attack....we gotta defend whenever attacked....and twice this week it was in these times

Well yeah but I'm sure you could wait a few minutes - after all it's going to affect them as well as you. Set an alarm or something to warn you 2 mins before it's gonna happen and then tell every one on TS not to zone during that window.

I agree it's dumb and KK should fix it but it is rather silly to keep letting yourself get caught by it after all this time.:p

Zith Caldir
06-03-04, 16:56

now that more people know...expect it to happen a lot more at those times

40$Poser
06-03-04, 18:07

cause maybe we pay to play the game and shouldn't have to worry about the crappy servers not working at certain times? The least KK could do is explain why the server keeps doing this, but that might be just too much to ask from KK atm.

Elric
06-03-04, 18:13
so.. um, wat time is that GMT? :D

I have to say I have never noticed anything like this, but gimme a GMT time and I can have a check. See if its across alol the servers or just with yourselves.

dr.fish
06-03-04, 18:22
yeah that shit happens to me too it suks..

jernau
06-03-04, 19:24
Originally posted by 40$Poser
cause maybe we pay to play the game and shouldn't have to worry about the crappy servers not working at certain times? The least KK could do is explain why the server keeps doing this, but that might be just too much to ask from KK atm.

That's all true but you can't say it's very smart to keep getting caught by it now can you?

It's not like you can't see it coming.

40$Poser
06-03-04, 19:43
That's all true but you can't say it's very smart to keep getting caught by it now can you?

It's not like you can't see it coming.

I don't pay this company to have to watch a clock for zoning issues. KK needs to address the issue, at least give a reason of some sort why the server decides to continue to do this issue.

jernau
06-03-04, 19:51
Originally posted by 40$Poser
I don't pay this company to have to watch a clock for zoning issues. KK needs to address the issue, at least give a reason of some sort why the server decides to continue to do this issue.

KK "need" to do a lot of things - the exact list will depend who you ask.

Most of them are unavoidable though. At least this one is easy to work around. Getting upset because you did something you knew would cause you to crash is rather silly.

I'm not saying it's not apalling how long this problem has existed, just that most of us have realised that it's there and act accordingly.

I know that hitting myself with hammers will hurt so I don't do it.

L3m0n
06-03-04, 20:06

Most of them are unavoidable though. At least this one is easy to work around. Getting upset because you did something you knew would cause you to crash is rather silly.

I'm not saying it's not apalling how long this problem has existed, just that most of us have realised that it's there and act accordingly.

*sighs* you dont get it do you?
this is not about how we should not be on game at this time or get to a safe place to log, its about how we shouldnt have to do things like this, we pay for this game and tbh were (for the hardware side anyway) not gettin our moneys worth! 6-8 quid x 400+ you do the math :rolleyes:

40$Poser
06-03-04, 20:08

let's see, we got a game, that is charging a monthly fee to play online. The money which goes to KK, should therefore pay KK employees to work on and look into problems that shouldn't exist. It seems at sometimes KK ignores problems to the general public. Honestly I think majority of us would be content if KK would ask level 3 why or what the server is doing at that point in time. It's honestly not so much that this problem exists, but more or less why is the server doing it? we'd just like an answer. That isn't asking much, now is it?

jernau
06-03-04, 20:17
At what point did I say KK were dealing with this in an acceptable manner?

I didn't because they aren't.

I said that if you know doing something has negative consequences yet you continue to do it then you are..... well, fill in the blank yourself.

Even rats have basic conditioned responses, it amazes me that so many humans are lacking this most basic of functions.

KK should fix it but in the mean time why not use some common sense and avoid a problem you know exists.

As far as the "I'm paying for it - do what I say" mentality goes - If you don't like what you get for your money then stop paying.

g0rt
06-03-04, 20:45
As much as you may look at the clock jernau, its really not a worry of mine to see what time it is. When i see a layer go down, its go time...don't care what the actual outside-of-game time is...

Its a problem and no matter how much you try and avoid admitting it, it should be fixed.

jernau
06-03-04, 20:58
As much as you may look at the clock jernau, its really not a worry of mine to see what time it is. When i see a layer go down, its go time...don't care what the actual outside-of-game time is...

Its a problem and no matter how much you try and avoid admitting it, it should be fixed.

Indeed - it is a problem and it should be fixed. I never said otherwise, please show me where you think I denied it was a problem.

I'm just saying you could try to help yourselves a little. The problem is as old as Saturn so it seems KK don't care. If they won't do anything then we can at least limit the damage.

Set a cron job to msg you via your TS server 5 mins before-hand and you don't even need to watch the clock.

L3m0n
06-03-04, 21:04
the whole point (again) is that we shouldnt have TOO! you buy/pay for something you expect it to work "sighs"

jernau
06-03-04, 21:07
Originally posted by L3m0n
the whole point (again) is that we shouldnt have TOO! you buy/pay for something you expect it to work "sighs"

And if it doesn't you will keep knowingly causing yourselves problems? Why? Do you think KK will care more?

This game (like all MMORPGs) is full of bugs. Most of them can't be avoided - I'd call them higher priority.

L3m0n
06-03-04, 21:14
And if it doesn't you will keep knowingly causing yourselves problems? Why? Do you think KK will care more?
worked once with PP (major server crash ahhh the good old days where they cared) and if your in the middle of a fight say 30+ people the clock is not my main focus my trigger finger is ;)

jernau
06-03-04, 21:19
The "good old days" are gone that's true but don't get too dewy-eyed about it.

As much as I miss the days when KK actually listened and responded I don't miss the bugs we had back then. For every problem we have now there were 10 in the "good old days".

As for fighting 30+ people - if you don't zone you don't crash so you should be OK once your trigger finger gets warmed up.:)

g0rt
06-03-04, 21:34
The "good old days" are gone that's true but don't get too dewy-eyed about it.

As much as I miss the days when KK actually listened and responded I don't miss the bugs we had back then. For every problem we have now there were 10 in the "good old days".

As for fighting 30+ people - if you don't zone you don't crash so you should be OK once your trigger finger gets warmed up.:)

Yo clear out your pm box....i believe "sent messages" also count towards your total allowance of stored pm's.

jernau
06-03-04, 21:37
Yo clear out your pm box....i believe "sent messages" also count towards your total allowance of stored pm's.

Cleared :)

Stigmata
08-03-04, 01:11
6.10 PST now in effect, 3 of us on TS are out and cant get in.