PDA

View Full Version : rare hack tool

nobby
02-03-04, 23:36
rare hack tool, more info please, heard that u have to get 3 faction medals to get it, what thebloody hell are faction medals?

Psyco Groupie
02-03-04, 23:37
dunno bought the hacktool but after 5 medals you get some tartan paint

Shujin
02-03-04, 23:39
1. faction medals are somethin u get for RPin within ur faction and doing something to impress the faction counsellor.

2. they are VERY VERY hard to get unless the faction counsellor is lazy and just gives them out.

3. if u get 5 ur doin somethin wrong because that means u would have got 3 from a faction and betrayed them and got 2 or got 5 seperate ones by betraying bunch of factions so that is also unlikely.

4. after u get 3 faction medals u get a Faction Item, BD has a faction item that is much like the Dev cept named somethin to do with black dragon.

5. OOWWW I JUST BIT MY TONGUE SOO HARD WHILE EATIN PIZZA OMFG ITS BLEEDIN

Rade
02-03-04, 23:42
[we can do without that]

nobby
02-03-04, 23:42
is there a site with these faction rewards?

cRazy2003
02-03-04, 23:45
Originally posted by nobby
is there a site with these faction rewards?

:lol:

Gotterdammerung
02-03-04, 23:45
it's called "heavens key"

Myrlin
02-03-04, 23:47
Rare hack tool? So is that what the hackers are using to access other peoples accounts? :p :lol:

I know that the BD faction reward is a flamer. What are the other faciton rewards?

Shujin
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
it's called "heavens key" its the FA faction reward right

leGit v. 2
[lets get off the bad taste bandwagon]

nobby
02-03-04, 23:48
yes but whats are the stats of the heavens key!!!!!!

Rade
02-03-04, 23:49
aww gotter, the people have the right to know!

Shujin
02-03-04, 23:49
yes but whats are the stats of the heavens key!!!!!! what if the razor is a bit dull?

nobby
02-03-04, 23:50
answer the question.:mad:

Alashandra_D.
02-03-04, 23:52
Heaven's Key:
Not telling. You impress Lupus Wonderboy enough and then you'll find out. ;)

Faction Medals:
Three of these = Much kudos and a Faction item (Heaven's Key, for example).

Earned by impressing the Faction's Counsellor, or doing something so outstandingly amazing for the Faction. We're still fleshing out the "proper" rules when it comes to giving these out, though.

-Alash

Gotterdammerung
02-03-04, 23:53
I believe that the reqs are open (ie: anyone can use it) though I am unsure of what uber special powers it grants

Myrlin
02-03-04, 23:55
Originally posted by Alashandra_D.
Heaven's Key:
Not telling. You impress Lupus Wonderboy enough and then you'll find out. ;)

Faction Medals:
Three of these = Much kudos and a Faction item (Heaven's Key, for example).

Earned by impressing the Faction's Counsellor, or doing something so outstandingly amazing for the Faction. We're still fleshing out the "proper" rules when it comes to giving these out, though.

-Alash

Thank you for the info. Can you tell us about the Crahn faction item or perhaps any of the other factions?

Clownst0pper
whats the point? theres no fucking FC's about in the first place.

Id love to know who saturn's FA one is! :mad:

Cyphor
I'm presuming before the medals are introduced in-game all factions will get an active councillor?

sanityislost
02-03-04, 23:56
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
whats the point? theres no fucking FC's about in the first place.

Id love to know who saturn's FA one is! :mad:

ummmm Lupus Wonderboy is the one on pluto think he is the same on all servers but wtf do i know

Psyco Groupie
02-03-04, 23:57
Is there any chance the FC's can be upped to one per server ?

some arent particularly active :rolleyes:

Alashandra_D.
02-03-04, 23:57
Sorry, I can't tell you about the items. I wouldn't to be responsible for ruining any surprises. :p

The Faction Medals are already in-game, but not every Faction has an active Counsellor (For various reasons....). Your best bet is to E-mail arbiter@neocron.com and check up on the status of whoever you want to contact.

-Alash

Gotterdammerung
03-03-04, 00:00
Tamara is the saturn Fa-FC. But i have seen her on uranus more lately

Cyphor
03-03-04, 00:09
I know this cant be blamed on kk as faction counsellors are volenteers, however they need to do something to make sure all factions have an active counsellor or i can see the factions with active ones, becoming over-populated so that people can get these new rare items. It seems unfair that certain factions have access to items and others dont, imo all faction medals should be put on ice untill all factions have an active counsellor.

Myrlin
03-03-04, 00:09
Is there a webpage that lists the current faction counselors for each faction on each server?

Jest
03-03-04, 00:12
Originally posted by Myrlin
Is there a webpage that lists the current faction counselors for each faction on each server? http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58227

Glok
03-03-04, 00:16
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

If you have issue with how gm's or fc's do their job please express them in private or address your concerns to odin. Otherwise please stop posting these 'not pointing any fingers but......." type of accusations.

Lanigav
03-03-04, 00:18
Wow, talk about unfair. I think the idea is nice, but it totally shafts those of us who don't have an active faction counsellor.

How to impress said faction counsellor anyways, aside from pk'ing enemy factions whenever you see them?

-=Bl@de=-
I cant say im too pleased hearing that FC's play on more then one server. Why not have 1 FC per faction per server?

Rade
Well kirja used to be around alot and personally my fav FC but
she disappeared recently :(

paolo escobar
03-03-04, 01:54
OMG u mean that FC's actually exist and they do come on to uranus....wow

Now all we gotta do is:
a)find em
b)brown nose lots
c)complete a... <insert impossible task here>

And we will have those faction items in no time.

Alashandra_D.
03-03-04, 01:58
If your sole reason for wanting the item is power and "Uberness", then you'll be in for a bloody big surprise.

These items are neither Uber, nor powerful. :p

They're just little things that are fun to have and deepen the level of Roleplay for Runners.

-Alash

EDIT: Erk, grammar is teh suck.

Glok
03-03-04, 02:02
If you're sole reason for wanting the item is power and "Uberness", then you'll be in for a bloody big surprise.

They're just little things that are fun to have and deepen the level of Roleplay for Runners.

-Alash Good, that is what I was hoping. I'm sorry for casting aspersions in the post Gotter edited, but it was based on the assumption that the items had a bonus. If they are pure roleplay items, I don't have any issues with how they are obtained.

Jest
03-03-04, 02:05
Originally posted by Rade
Well kirja used to be around alot and personally my fav FC but
she disappeared recently :( Heh, yah I know, she didnt even tell me, but I guess she is just taking a vacation. (Whether just from the game or irl I dunno).

Btw guys, Ive been pushing for more FCs myself, but if you look at the FC roster you will realize its hard enough to get the positions filled as it is. Then there is the issue of managing them all. Its a hard job. Personally Id like 3 ACTIVE FCs for each faction, but even that might be asking too much.

Dribble Joy
03-03-04, 02:05
In CM at least we are treating the medals almost as ranks. There are three 'levels' of medal, after you have obtained all three you can be given the faction item.

This may change as the way medals are given out is under review.

Indeed. For example the CM reward is a Tangent Gatrifle, nothing special.

Lanigav
03-03-04, 02:09
I think it would be nice if the weapons were uber and powerful.

That way it would further encourange faction roleplaying and loyalty, with longtime members/players getting some kind of reward for staying in their faction without hopping over to whatever's popular for the moment.

Bl@zed
03-03-04, 03:04
they need to get separate faction counsellors for each server, so we don;t have them hopping between multiple servers, covering multiple events/faction situatiosn etc. We need one on each searver for each factions, so they can fully monitor every runners' accomplishments within the server, so people are rewarded for something very cool they do, and not have it overlooked just cause "said" counsellor was on pluto or any other server at the time :rolleyes:

g0rt
03-03-04, 03:10
Faction medals are such a load of crap. Biased towards roleplayers.

Me and my clan took a faction that was dead and made it a superpower, we got nothing because we don't roleplay.

As far as im concerned KK can take faction medals and shove them up thier asses until they learn who really deserves them and who doesn't.

No im not gonna walk around in pepper park 2 and try to sell drugs for a week so I can get some lame faction medal. This shit needs to be sorted :rolleyes:

Alashandra_D.
03-03-04, 03:22
Originally posted by g0rt
Faction medals are such a load of crap. Biased towards roleplayers.

Me and my clan took a faction that was dead and made it a superpower, we got nothing because we don't roleplay.

As far as im concerned KK can take faction medals and shove them up thier asses until they learn who really deserves them and who doesn't.

No im not gonna walk around in pepper park 2 and try to sell drugs for a week so I can get some lame faction medal. This shit needs to be sorted :rolleyes:

I can think of a few reasons as to why you haven't recieved medals:

Unwanted attention. By choosing to be so forward and power-hungry, you've brought an incredible amount of attention to the Black Dragons....something they don't need. Murder, death, gambling and other illegal activities are meant to be done quietly and swiftly....hard to do that when you have the City's Administrators breathing down your neck.

Roleplay. The Faction Medals are there to encourage Roleplay, they're not things you can get for bragging rights. Of course you won't recieve anything if you don't Roleplay.

Turning something into a superpower! = loyalty. Perhaps the Counsellor doesn't consider you loyal enough to the Black Dragons? Perhaps she's under the impression you're only in "her" Faction so you can kill almost anyone with very few repercussions?

I understand I'm overstepping my boundaries a little, and I don't represent Kirja in any way, but you really need to sit down and think, g0rt, before shouting about how unfair everything is.

-Alash

naimex
03-03-04, 03:29
Originally posted by paolo escobar
OMG u mean that FC's actually exist and they do come on to uranus....wow

Now all we gotta do is:
a)find em
b)brown nose lots
c)complete a... <insert impossible task here>

And we will have those faction items in no time.

actually...

I know Tamara Da Silva Lightbreaker (hope i wrote it right) the FA FC on uranus. is online at least a few times a week on uranus.

very nice person.. always up for a hunt..

anyways.. there is a large step from having FC online.. even FC near and then to be doing something out of the ordinary.. still keeping it RP wise..

So TBH.. I wouldn´t count on having the items in no time..

greploco
03-03-04, 03:34
everyone has troubles but....

I cant say im too pleased hearing that FC's play on more then one server. Why not have 1 FC per faction per server?

mister blade has it right here, no ?

g0rt
03-03-04, 03:35

Unwanted attention. By choosing to be so forward and power-hungry, you've brought an incredible amount of attention to the Black Dragons....something they don't need. Murder, death, gambling and other illegal activities are meant to be done quietly and swiftly....hard to do that when you have the City's Administrators breathing down your neck.

Roleplay. The Faction Medals are there to encourage Roleplay, they're not things you can get for bragging rights. Of course you won't recieve anything if you don't Roleplay.

Turning something into a superpower! = loyalty. Perhaps the Counsellor doesn't consider you loyal enough to the Black Dragons? Perhaps she's under the impression you're only in "her" Faction so you can kill almost anyone with very few repercussions?

I understand I'm overstepping my boundaries a little, and I don't represent Kirja in any way, but you really need to sit down and think, g0rt, before shouting about how unfair everything is.

-Alash

Meh my PE who started the clan key has been BD since day one, again I said i don't roleplay...if my friends all decide to go TG (as they did for ND) ill go with some of my chars because those are my friends and frankly they become before any stupid factions.

Everything you said here is roleplaying...unwanted attention, loyalty, power-hunger, etc its all roleplaying and yeah I have nothing to do with it nor do I want anything to do with it.

The metals dont reward the best players in this game, they reward some nibs who take the time to roleplay. And btw...teh fact that BD is now one of hte most populated factions on saturn aint my problem yo...when i started the clan key the only bd's on the server i knew of were a few blood titans, myself, blade and vetterox. Just because we made BD a success doesn't mean its our problem when half hte server faction hops.

Ryuben
03-03-04, 03:36
heh the TT FC is awol :( we need a new one so s/he can give me all the faction medals im owed ;) :)

TheGreatMilenko
03-03-04, 03:48
whats the biotech faction item:D

Q`alooaith
03-03-04, 04:17
Unwanted attention. By choosing to be so forward and power-hungry, you've brought an incredible amount of attention to the Black Dragons....something they don't need.
-Alash

Why are you complaining, while the dragon's get neck breathed by CA, the children of crahn can move more freely and make plans and/or plots...

:)

Currently if you try and RP you can be shooting yourself in the foot, RP only item's which are not much better, or even just the same as regular item's encorage RP from people who'd not normaly do so, somone who want's to have one of everything might not be able to get hold of these item's, so they try and RP, they find they like it RP some more and in the end might end up getting the item, but their reason for getting it has changed..

RP only item's are a good thing..

Is the Black D item called Dragon's breath, or some such?

Moofausa
03-03-04, 04:20
Originally posted by Myrlin
Rare hack tool? So is that what the hackers are using to access other peoples accounts? :p :lol:

I know that the BD faction reward is a flamer. What are the other faciton rewards?

Wow, you would think knowing how many people have been hacked ? Guess what KK does for them! Sends them a mail back saying " We can recover your character with nothing on them except 100k and some cron55's, even though all your Mc5 chips are gone and all your rares.. have a nice day"

Gotterdammerung
03-03-04, 04:52
please stay on topic

Estabin
03-03-04, 04:57

-Alash

So your saying we have to play the game using your interpetations on how we should play? That sir is a load of crap, to me the Black Dragon's where about power and crime, but if I play a BD and don't act like "you" want me to I will be ignored, very interesting and BIASED way to run this don't you think?

Looks like we need new FCs

Rieper
03-03-04, 05:27
Why the hell would BD care if CA is breathing down their necks, they control neocron! atm BD on Saturn was taken by a group of talented runners from a weak faction with no influence nor power to a faction that controlled the map and the city. Are you telling me the people in charge of BD dont like the fact that they can do pretty much anything they want? And if hes only in BD to kill their enemies, why should they complain. If someone joined FA and they told me "Hey im only here so i can win you all the ops on the map and kill all your faction enemies" im not gonna tell him to sod off!

Tbh, they are RPing in the sense that there are no factions that really want to remain behind the scenes otherwise the game would stop them holding ops and there would be something implemented to stop them being overt. Its ridiculous to reward faction medals to someone who pretends to be a PIMP for a while (and does nothing for the faction) and then ignore all the blood sweat and tears people have put into leading a clan and taking it places. Im far more impressed by the Cartel than by roleplayers atm.

Estabin
03-03-04, 05:46

-Alash

I think making the faction the most talked about and powerfull faction on the server definately falls under the "outstandingly amazing for the Faction" category, and btw I am not Back Dragon...

I have enough rules, laws, and social regulations when I step out my front door, last thing I need is the same thing applied to me when I am playing something for fun, there are already enough rules in the game as it stands that I don't want any more... prolly one of the biggest reasons I don't try to roleplay, that and the fact that most roleplaying that goes on is heavily biased and pretentious (yes I am in a piss poor mood). To me I "play a role" everytime I sign onto this game, I play under another identity, I run around with a rifle shooting people so yea I assume another role and I will be damned if I am gonna throw around a few thou, aye, and nayes before I waste somebody.

Faction Counselers should be counselers for the entire faction, not just a minority of that faction who decides they are going to play a certain static role and everyone who doesn't play that role isn't playing right, sounds a tad bit rigid to me.

RayBob
03-03-04, 05:54
Originally posted by Shujin
1. faction medals are somethin u get for RPin within ur faction and doing something to impress the faction counsellorTT has the most populous faction on pluto and i have never seen our faction counselor. :(

Delloda
03-03-04, 06:40
My medal...bugger know what i did to deserve it! :confused:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/delloda/Imaging/Pics/magni.jpg

Archeus
03-03-04, 08:59
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
dunno bought the hacktool but after 5 medals you get some tartan paint

Which looks like a milkey ren.

How to impress said faction counsellor anyways, aside from pk'ing enemy factions whenever you see them?

Exactly. This is the one thing that pisses me off with these rewards is the clique tend to get them first. A large majority of already have time zone + clique to contend with. Not to mention that a large number count playing the game as "Roleplaying".

Some of the people who have the medals tbh don't really deserve them.

* I don't play 24/7 like some, but the only FC I've seen frequently is the BD one.

extract
03-03-04, 09:36
Originally posted by Archeus
Exactly. This is the one thing that pisses me off with these rewards is the clique tend to get them first.

thats not true, I remember the FA FC giving one out to a FA because they happened to be "online" that day

thats some fuckin kick ass work for youre faction, being online.....

I think i should get 1000000000000000 medals if thats the case....

Lanigav
03-03-04, 10:23
Troublesom times indeed. ;)

alig
03-03-04, 10:36
I think its bullshit that u leave it upto a faction counsellor to make the decision to give out these medals and who too....of course, all his mates will _all_ have a medal and the ppl he doesnt know wont have jack shit, typical kk's thinking:mad: :rolleyes:

Original monk
03-03-04, 10:52

Roleplay. The Faction Medals are there to encourage Roleplay, they're not things you can get for bragging rights. Of course you won't recieve anything if you don't Roleplay

the roleplay is a cheap excuse for telling that the factioncounsellers only give medals (and thus "items" on the long way) to friends/clannies and people who suck up to the FC ...

the system of handin out medals sucks and if you say that you are still working on a system to make it "honest" then i can tell ya that you are yust saying exactly the same as tamara said about a few months ago ... so basically nothing happend .. and the system stayed/stays the same ...

roleplay my ass, atleast tamara was so honest to tell us that the system sucked ... that some FC's yust give em away to everyone that says hello and that some only keep it for the people that did great things for there faction ... the roleplay only is sumthing i hear now for the first time btw ...

and as for g0rt's medal: better give that medal to titan then ... cartel maybe is saying that they brought BD to life ... but in my opininion that hasnt anything to do with the relatively new cartel ... its more like the bloodtitans made BD big ... but thats trolling probably ... atleast im honest and telling the truth ...

Ultazha
03-03-04, 11:02
rare hack tool, more info please, heard that u have to get 3 faction medals to get it, what thebloody hell are faction medals?

VENUS POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ! :lol:

http://tazha.site.voila.fr/5col/Neocron/Pics/shot0288.jpg

Archeus
03-03-04, 11:07
What does it do? Just looks like a hack tool.

Original monk
03-03-04, 11:09
Originally posted by Ultazha
VENUS POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ! :lol:

http://tazha.site.voila.fr/5col/Neocron/Pics/shot0288.jpg

i dunno what the first line means(sumthing about an easy to use interface or sumthing) but the lines under it mean sumthing like:

this new jewel/beauty of technology made/developed in the techhaven labs offers you the opportunity to enter far away unknown systems, yust from where you are standing ..

or sumthing like that hehe, so its somekind of remote hacktool i think :)

dont blame me if im incorrect lol, mon francais n'est pas trés bon :)

(and if ya wonna res that tool goodluck :) then ya need about 500 resskill :P )

Siygess
03-03-04, 12:23
Originally posted by Alashandra_D. If your sole reason for wanting the item is power and "Uberness", then you'll be in for a bloody big surprise.

These items are neither Uber, nor powerful.

Guys, guys guys! Keep your pants on, okay? What the loony Crahn FC said (:D) is absolutely right. These items basically DO NOT DO ANYTHING. You aren't missing out by not having these medals or items - in fact, the only thing you're missing out on is "real" roleplaying.. and that's something some of you seem to look down upon anyway.. :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
03-03-04, 23:07
Originally posted by extract
thats not true, I remember the FA FC giving one out to a FA because they happened to be "online" that day

thats some fuckin kick ass work for youre faction, being online.....

I think i should get 1000000000000000 medals if thats the case....

hahahah

<3 extract

About "real" roleplaying. Sigyess, what do you define as real roleplaying?

Siygess
04-03-04, 01:26
*lol* Heh, I figured someone would ask that..I mean its a fair question, but difficult to answer of course :D

In the context of neocron I would define real roleplaying as:

o)Understanding that you are actually playing a character
o)Understanding that the persona you adopt, however shallow or deep, is seperate to your own.
o)Understanding the point of the OOC and Local channels
o)Interacting with other characters, not other players
o)A voluntary undertaking to improve the game and make it feel "alive".
o)Something that requires more effort that killing a faction enemy and sexing the corpse afterwards :D

That's all I've got for now :D

Scikar
04-03-04, 12:12
Originally posted by Delloda
My medal...bugger know what i did to deserve it! :confused

Perhaps Alashandra can enlighten us as to how you earned this medal so that we have an example?

Alashandra_D.
04-03-04, 12:41
Originally posted by Scikar
Perhaps Alashandra can enlighten us as to how you earned this medal so that we have an example?

It was the "old" Alashandra that gave out the medal, not me. :p

But even so, I'll see if I can find her lurking on IRC and poke her into giving me the reasoning.

-Alash