PDA

View Full Version : first love boost

cRazy2003
02-03-04, 18:29
yo all,
i just took this thought off another topic i just posted on, but i really think first loves need a boost:

they are both pritty much the ultimate rifle weapon for a spy, the FL and disruptor, and both very similar in req stats and dex stats, but why are they so different in performance? for example

Disruptor:
very good range
great aim
more or less ALL shots hit target
great damage
big clip
hardly any recoil
pritty fast RoF

First love:
shit range
bearly any shots ever hit, even sometimes at point blank range
clip size is terrible (i think its only 4 or 5 bursts per clip)
damage bit better then disruptor i think
aiming is very bad

in fact i find it really hard to find anything wrong with the dizzy, and even if FL is meant to be this bad its tl and req isnt much different with 1 DEX between them, people only probably actually use the FL to be different from all the other spies who use dizzy, which is why i use RoG on my spy :p

i think the damage is fine and the range to i guess but ecspecially in pvp it should be improved A LOT better, or at least have the aiming similar to the cs as they are both plasma, because tbh the overall capability of the gun is shit :(
so what do you think?

MegaCorp
03-03-04, 01:36
Boost? Maybe, maybe not. Fix? Yes.

The First Love misses so often, even at very close range, that it is better used as a baseball bat, door stop, or boat anchor. It has a lot of potential, but that potential is so wasted, because of the high percentage of wild shots it throws. Yes people still use them anyway, and a couple people probably like them a lot, but in fact they tend to be very rare in serious fights because of all the misses.

I suggest KK make the FL hit more often, so it first becomes a viable gun ... *then* we see if it needs a boost for aiming / damage / clip size etc.

Spook

P.S. I have a 4-slot FL, which i fully cap. About once a month i take it out and use it in an Op fight, get disgusted with it all over again, and shelve it for another month ... hoping some day KK will fix it.

Bl@zed
03-03-04, 02:53
its already been stated in testserver patch notes first love is getting a damage/acurracy boost next patch..

Cyphor
03-03-04, 02:58
I agree with spook, although i tend to prefer fl over dis it is terrible for the fact most of the burst misses most of the time, now yes most bust weapons in this game suffer from this problem however imo rifles are supposed to be the most accurate weapons. The first love already has a poor range for a rifle however, if you try to use it at even a fraction of the range you might as well aim away from the target as the same amount of blobs from the burst will hit. From my experience yes it is bad at close range but no more than any other burst weapons.

So as rifles are med/long range weapons increase the accuracy on the first love and so make it more usefull.

Edit: @ Bl@zed, cool i wasnt sure if that was going through as atm with the changes on the test server lupus seems to be testing weps so alot of weapons are seeming more powerful than they acctually will be when patched. But if first love is getting an accuracy boost then il just have to hope it hits retail
:cool:

greploco
03-03-04, 03:35
Boost? Maybe, maybe no. Fix? Yes.

well put sir

jernau
03-03-04, 03:38
Originally posted by greploco
well put sir

Indeed.

Make it hit at least 3/4 of the time when capped and maybe up the range a bit too.

VetteroX
03-03-04, 07:31
i agree it needs a boot, but it got a boost on test server, and its new power is just rediculous. so you can either be selfish and take the too high a boost and have it nerfed 1 month later or tell kk that its currently too powerful on test server. Once again kk fails to impliment a small boost and goes way overboard.

jernau
03-03-04, 07:33
Originally posted by VetteroX
i agree it needs a boot, but it got a boost on test server, and its new power is just rediculous. so you can either be selfish and take the too high a boost and have it nerfed 1 month later or tell kk that its currently too powerful on test server. Once again kk fails to impliment a small boost and goes way overboard.

I haven't been on the TS for a while now. What changes were made there to the FL? IIRC the patch notes were less than specific.

Crackitakk
03-03-04, 08:00
rifles kinda suck.....look at disruptor compaired to slasher.....wich does more damage? neither they do the same....wich one is 24049392x faster? slasher!!!!