PDA

View Full Version : next patch / melee PEs

Samhain
02-03-04, 15:51
On behalf of a friend who's account is bugged and can't post on the forum:

From the looks of it melee PEs aren't going to be able to use the first melee rare [paw of tiger] and stealth or it will result in a gimp. He thinks they should (as with pistols/rifles).

I don't play PEs so I don't know about this information but like I said I'm just posting this on his behalf.

Cruzbroker
02-03-04, 15:59
You can't use the first rare HC-weapon. Problem solved.

s0apy
02-03-04, 16:07
this is a red herring. the Special Forces Combat Knife will be TL67, so he can use that instead.

and PS, an MC PE is gimped by definition anyway, so no harm done.

Dribble Joy
02-03-04, 16:13
Melee PEs are not gimped, just ask Fangers.

Candaman
02-03-04, 16:15
a good mc pe cannot stealth anyway due to lack of int

L0KI
02-03-04, 16:21
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Melee PEs are not gimped, just ask Fangers.

hehehe,

who needs stealth with over 100 psi use? :p

and enough health/runspeed to outrun ANYONE?

pffft. Stealth is for pussies.

Samhain
02-03-04, 16:29
You can't use the first rare HC-weapon. Problem solved.

Epic... rare... close enough

Psyco Groupie
02-03-04, 16:32
but it hath no swirly !!!111

damage will be TL based next patch so wethers its rare or not wont matter, but you will need some high slot'age stuff to get the same weapon

Tratos
02-03-04, 16:34
You cant use the first melee rare :eek: your just getting a weapon that will do relativly the damage as the first melee rare at this minute in time.

Basicly melee PEs will be EXACTLY the SAME

but without a swirly

~Tratos

EDIT to save my sanity and flames

-=z=-
02-03-04, 16:46
A stealth MC PE usually doesn't want to be seen until its too late - so be happy you don't have a swirly.

You will need to get two slots to get the max damage, but that isn't too hard. Its not like trying to get 5 slots. I expect most MC PE will have their shelter or other slotted spell in the first slot.

greploco
02-03-04, 17:52
a maxed out strength melee PE has a str if 81 (with marine), an int of 55, and dex of 77

stealth is out of the picture fellas, like not even close

also -- the statistics scale for rares w/r/t TL is different than the scale for nonrares. rares are nifty and get the "rare treatment" with respect to wepon weight, damage, ease of capping stats, etc. etc. etc.

no?

whifix
02-03-04, 19:55
I forget the dex req's for the first stealth device but to use it as a PE after the patch would only mean carrying around a Destrosol Forte in a quickslot. The biggest thing that this will kill though is the ability to use medium energy belts. The medium energy belt is one of the biggest strengths a PE has and not having it will weaken melee PE's greatly.

Strych9
02-03-04, 20:08
First Stealth is at Dex 90 and Int 65. The only "melee PE" that can use stealth would have to obnoxiously drug up BOTH Int and (Dex or Str) or just use real low TL melee.... my melee PE was struggling to get enough Int for the good medium belts... Zerk chips gimp your Int. Everything having to do with booster Str save the MOVEON (and the Marine, but your Int would be shot to get to Marine anyway) will gimp one of the two stats needed for Stealth.

Marx
02-03-04, 20:55
There will still be weapons that will do the same, if not better damage.

ONOZ< NO SWORLEE!

:rolleyes:

KramerTheWeird
02-03-04, 21:06
Lupus may rework melee TL's so please don't take these new patch changes literally.

If the TL changes DO make it to retail, well paw of tiger (87) will replace blade of ceres and long laserblade II (83) replace ESB. It's also a benefit we will get the highest TL melee weapon to use without drugs yet, the Tai Chi Double Sword (TL 80), compared to current vein ripper (TL 75).