PDA

View Full Version : Wich is best ? First love or Disruptor?

winnoc
02-03-04, 15:20
I'm a spy with 116 dex, and 156 RC

Which weapon is better? The First love or the disruptor?

I am using an artifact silent hunter (4 slot, one free) *built by castoff*
for sniping and a Perfect pain easer (which i almost cap dam and freq on)

I was wondering if one of these new rifles will give me more dammage output and if the rumors of the disprupting shooting all over the place are true.

Original monk
02-03-04, 15:23
i liek first love for close quarters battle and the disruptor for medium-long range fighting :)

they both do serieus damage so i suggest you yust get one of each and all will be fine hehe :)

edit: and the FL is fun for ganking stealthers :P

Crackitakk
02-03-04, 15:25
first love......just cuz slasher is 900x better than disruptor

steweygrrr
02-03-04, 15:25
Dissy got a boost by the looks of it and FL turned into a sprinkler system so I'd say go with the Dissy.

LTA
02-03-04, 15:46
Dissie...

FL weighs to much :p

Dribble Joy
02-03-04, 16:12
156 rc is nowhere near enough rc.

But go with dizzy.

SorkZmok
02-03-04, 16:13
Disruptor. And go for more r-c if possible.

winnoc
02-03-04, 16:24
Hey, i'm lvl 66/60 with serious implanting for DEX

I also need the rest for TC stealth 3 and 75 agl and athl
My base dex is only 88 now

So, yes, i will put more into RC but i need to level up a bit so i can use the RC booster implants

ZoomZoom
02-03-04, 16:31
i think u should only use a disruptor for hunting as its got nice range and aim :)

disruptor >wbs

Al3X
02-03-04, 17:04
dis is very accurate and barely misses, no recoil either
fl is like a lawnmower, you miss most shots, even in close combat... lots of recoil too.

winnoc
02-03-04, 17:07
WB's ?

Well, actualy i use silent hunter and pain easer for that.

As for pvp i currently use the SH ont anything far away, or the pain easer on apu's and an enhaced plasma rifle against spies.

I was thinking about having some energy weapon too to pvp and the disruptor would fit in there nicely :-)

Against spies/droners it should rock

Legoias
02-03-04, 17:30
My Spy is 116 DEX atm and i'm leveling him with the First Love

The Dissy is the better wep but the FL seems to do more dmg for me at the moment.

Stigmata
02-03-04, 17:46
why are you leveling at 116 dex ?

or u gone for pure dex implants? with the worst armor ever and no resists

jernau
02-03-04, 17:52
I can't be bothered with my FL any more. It's a great gun when it hits but it's just too random for my liking. Also it forces you into very close range which is bad news for a spy.

Certainly at that level of R-C you wouldn't want to use a FL at all.

Psyco Groupie
02-03-04, 17:55
When my spy was rifles I got an artifact FL I was like so excited then i go leveling and you having to jam it up somethings ass to hit it ... so I thought it'll get better as I level .. 5 off dex cap and it was still rubbish

it should be more accurate than a cs .. instead its pants

cRazy2003
02-03-04, 18:13
i do like the FL, nice sound, nice effects and sounds to, dizzy was just a bit boring :p
but dizzy is a LOT more accurate, and has a bigger clip, but i think fl does more damage, if fl ever got a boost id love it :D

Morris
02-03-04, 21:21
FL is sexy as hell but unless it's improved since my pvp spy was rifles, you need good aim and a steady hand to have a chance with it. It's also too heavy and too much of an ammo hog to be practical for leveling. Disruptor is a nice gun at all ranges (though the RoG is pretty damn deadly up close as well) and the Healing Light is pretty snazzy now as well.

Divide
03-03-04, 01:12
the healing light is actually worth playing with now, though it is still underpowered. There is just something about the dis that I dont like-- I cant put my finger on it, but I cant stand that weapon. Im a FL man all the way.

And yes, as said before, it does aim slower than the CS in close ranges... even with a laser pointer.

The test server fixed weapon weights(eg: pistols weighing 4+ and cannons weighing 3-), and boosted the fl a fair amount-- I cant wait til that hits retail :)

jernau
03-03-04, 01:50
Disruptor feels and sounds weedy because it's so controlled.

First Love feels and sounds awesome precisely because of it's flaws.

MegaCorp
03-03-04, 02:16
I find the First Love throws way too many misses, even in very close combat, for my taste. Because of its frequent misses, other guns tend to be more effective since they have better damage-over-time; i.e. even if they do less damage per shot, by hitting more often they yield a higher resulting damage than an FL.

Me, i use a Disruptor for close and medium range shooting because i fully cap mine now, so it does extremely good damage, shoots very fast, has no recoil, and aims quickly. I find that my damage-over-time is best now with a Dis than with an FL, RoG, HL, or PE. Your mileage may vary.

For long range shooting i use a Silent Hunter if i want to stay hidden as long as possible, or my scoped Disruptor if i dont mind my position being instantly known. Yes, like many snipers i carry two guns into fights. In the past i carried the SH plus either a RoG or a PE depending on the flip of a mental coin.

Spook

winnoc
03-03-04, 10:19
Well, call me lucky but last night i had castoff build me my second rare gun.
First one was a 4 slot artifact silent hunter.
And after sacrificing a lamb, doing a weird dance and kneeling before the slotgods she builds a 3 slot disruptor :-)

This gun is amazing, althoug it does feel and sound kinda wimpy, but i'm sure the guy at the other end of the barrel doesn't feel that way :-)

Legoias
03-03-04, 12:26
Originally posted by stigmata
why are you leveling at 116 dex ?

or u gone for pure dex implants? with the worst armor ever and no resists

Cos im a trade skiller so the last 5 int/dex lvls will help me loads :) I'm imped with SF/SS/Distance3/Exp-Bal3

Legoias
03-03-04, 12:27
Originally posted by MegaCorp
Me, i use a Disruptor for close and medium range shooting because i fully cap mine now, so it does extremely good damage, shoots very fast, has no recoil, and aims quickly. I find that my damage-over-time is best now with a Dis than with an FL, RoG, HL, or PE. Your mileage may vary.

What's it take to cap the Dissy?

jernau
03-03-04, 12:40
Originally posted by Legoias
What's it take to cap the Dissy?

A Rifle Kami if you want to include RoF without a PPU or an OP.

Ehyuko
03-03-04, 12:44
~ 170 weapon lore and 195 RC caps the damage on the dis, aiming is also close to cap, you get ~ 87% max rof [~190-195 shots per min].

To fully cap a disruptor you need ~ 215-220 RC, the RoF caps at 220 shots per min. RoF cap on the SH is also in this range. With this much RC you likely only need ~ 155 weapon lore to fully cap it.

Legoias
03-03-04, 13:17
Originally posted by Ehyuko
~ 170 weapon lore and 195 RC caps the damage on the dis, aiming is also close to cap, you get ~ 87% max rof [~190-195 shots per min].

To fully cap a disruptor you need ~ 215-220 RC, the RoF caps at 220 shots per min. RoF cap on the SH is also in this range. With this much RC you likely only need ~ 155 weapon lore to fully cap it.

Like I said im a traderskiller (constructor) so my wep lore is only at 150.

Atm my dex is 94 base with:

174 RC
101 TC
25 VHC
40 AGL

(with a rifle1)

Im using an SF/SS/Distance3/Ex-Bal3 and Dex-booster3 (to limit the amount of int points lost). Can anyone recommend a better setup without me loosing too much Cst skill?

GT_Rince
03-03-04, 13:21
I think I am gonna have to get a Disruptor. I prefer medium / long range fighting. Got a Silent Hunter which does a shitload of damage in PvP or PvM. I think it is close to cap. Got 203 R-C and about 170 WEP (thats with Rifle Kami in). It is just too much fun :D

johngreen2000
03-03-04, 16:32
hey winnoc..was that your 3 slot diss that you were tring to kill my SH spy with last night? i have no armor on but i think you were doing somthing around 120 a shot to me with it.

winnoc
03-03-04, 17:54
Yep,

But in the end the 4 slot silent hunter was much better, the first time you got killed you synched into ug, and i shot you with SH, took out almost all your health, i think you had 10% left.
Took me just a second shot to kill you.

Later that night it should've used the silent hunter again instead of the disruptor :-)

Was that spy pa1 or pa2 you were wearing?

I do however wonder why you come to an op to kill allied faction.
I'd say come join me and we'll have a stealth sniping fest at TG canyon :-) much more adrenaline rush there :-)

MegaCorp
04-03-04, 06:08
What level skills you need to cap a Disruptor obviously varies somewhat depending on the quality of the particular gun, but the ranges people supplied pretty much cover it.

My RC is 221, WL is 170, and Dex is 115.

The capped rate-of-fire on a Disruptor is 222, not 220; SH is 24, FL is 227, RoG is 113, HL is 170, PE is 170 ... but of course the upcoming patch may change some of these numbers.

Spook

Crackitakk
06-03-04, 02:09
hey so how bout that slasher lol

Radamez
06-03-04, 12:35
meh.. i have an artifact FL and Dis, but all they do is collect dust in my cab :rolleyes:

they're worthless compared to the efficiency of the now boosted healing light.. that is, if you're playing a rifle spy the way it's meant to be played.. and not a wannabe PE ;)

Cricket_Eater
06-03-04, 13:00
Healing Light owns all now.

Psyco Groupie
06-03-04, 13:03
wanna be PE's > rifle spy cowering behind a hill incase someone shoots near him

VetteroX
06-03-04, 13:27
Test server did not boodt first love a "fair amount" Its been boosted to a totaly unfair amount... ites rediculos. It needed a little boost, not the insane overpowering it got... hopefully it will be adjusted before retail.

SorkZmok
06-03-04, 14:01
Originally posted by Cricket_Eater
Healing Light owns all now.
Nah, disruptor still is better. Tried it in neofrag last night, it hurts quite nice and the aiming is great but a dissie with a high rof is better.

Though its nice for sniping as your enemy won't see the beam if you're far away enough.

Radamez
06-03-04, 18:18
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
wanna be PE's > rifle spy cowering behind a hill incase someone shoots near him

Incorrect.

SorkZmok
06-03-04, 18:47
Originally posted by Radamez
Incorrect. Well you can easily be both anyways. ;)

jernau
06-03-04, 19:25
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Well you can easily be both anyways. ;)

No you can't. No matter what smiley you put on the end that's BS.

SorkZmok
06-03-04, 19:37
Originally posted by jernau
No you can't. No matter what smiley you put on the end that's BS. Why not? Explain that please.

jernau
06-03-04, 19:45
Why not? Explain that please.

The imps needed for INQ1 armour mean you get shitty damage on the top rifles, poor stealth and low runspeed. You can work around it by using 2+ drugs but that's not a viable setup IMO.

More importantly - even a 3 drug setup comes out with vastly inferior resists and runspeed to a PE yet deals no more damage. Why bother levelling a spy for months just to have a crappy version of a PE you could have had in a week.

Radamez
06-03-04, 20:24
The imps needed for INQ1 armour mean you get shitty damage on the top rifles, poor stealth and low runspeed. You can work around it by using 2+ drugs but that's not a viable setup IMO.

More importantly - even a 3 drug setup comes out with vastly inferior resists and runspeed to a PE yet deals no more damage. Why bother levelling a spy for months just to have a crappy version of a PE you could have had in a week.

My feelings exactly.

Not to mention I find an INQ spy less challenging to beat than a REAL spy. It really is like fighting a gimped PE. Pointless, but I suppose some people can't live without having a fairly decent defence.. but, surely you knew defence wasn't a spies forté when you rolled him :confused:

EDIT: Didn't mean to turn this into a setup bashing thread, just making a point :angel:

Crackitakk
06-03-04, 20:49
lies.....divide caps damage on every single rifle and he wears inq armor and he can use stealth 2....i am pistols but i plan on using inq soon, the only implants i need to cap damage are sf and sa and my armor...and a pc1, and u get excellent defence

jernau
06-03-04, 21:02
Originally posted by Crackitakk
lies.....divide caps damage on every single rifle and he wears inq armor and he can use stealth 2....i am pistols but i plan on using inq soon, the only implants i need to cap damage are sf and sa and my armor...and a pc1, and u get excellent defence

Show me a setup that does that - I tell you now that you can't do it without 2+ drugs. Also - read my second para - it's a sucky spy emulating a really sucky PE so why bother.

Also - capping damage is only the start.

StrongSad
06-03-04, 21:42
Ill have to agree with that.. Capping dmg is the easy part. Getting a good RoF whilst keeping enough agil is hard. I have 195 r-c and use the disruptor...I love it. The things tears through tanks. I am sick of watching a tank with 227% aiming putting every freakin plasma round right on me, while my FL with 267% and a laser pointer hits 2 out 4 rounds even when the reticule is in a full lock. At 5m with 180 wep lore and 195 r-c I should be putting every damn round right on target with a closed reticule. Its a load of horseshit frankly.

As for fearing none inq wearing spies more than ones who do. LOL, ok....whatever you say.

PS- Divide, try a diss plz...You would own!!!1

Divide
06-03-04, 21:58
I dont cap damage on ALL of my weapons, I only get like 160 or so on my dis that has 106 dmg stat. My freq on my FL is 179. My setup requires 2 drugs to get rifle pa3 on, but when the drugs wear, it supports itself... I dont call that reliance on drugs by any means. Im not a gimped spy, nor am I a weak pe, and Id wish the so-called spy experts on these forums would admit that a powerful setup is entirely capable for spies, and using it/them is not a "lame" way to use a spy, its a good way.

jernau
06-03-04, 22:04
You still have to drug for shelter. If a PE uses one DEX drug he could match or exceed your rifle stats.

Meanwhile his shelter is up to 50% more powerful he has a Blessed Deflector, he can run faster and he can use some level 2 armour.

Crackitakk
06-03-04, 22:30
shutup divide lol, trying to proove a point....u can cap with pc3

Crackitakk
06-03-04, 22:33
didnt see that 106% thing, i think u could cap if ur damage was at 120%....if i could u could

Divide
06-03-04, 23:32
I rarely drug for shelter... So rarely that I dont even carry one, or own any of the psi drug. And who gives a fuck about a deflector when Im using a FL?

edit:
oh, jernau-- find a rifle pe that drugs for fl or dis on saturn, and Ill deliver his dogtags every time.

SorkZmok
07-03-04, 01:52

More importantly - even a 3 drug setup comes out with vastly inferior resists and runspeed to a PE yet deals no more damage. Why bother levelling a spy for months just to have a crappy version of a PE you could have had in a week. Well...

Without drugs i got 197 r-c, good enr resists, bad fire resists, awesome xray resists, average runspeed, stealth 3 and got 400 health.

With drugs i got 197 r-c, good enr resists, good fire resists, awesome xray resists, damn great runspeed, shelter, stealth 3 and got 350 health.

About poison...i got stealth and antipoison drugs. About the dev...i'm faster than most tanks and got more range.

Thats capped dmg on all rifles, 197 shots per minute on my disruptor, 203 i think on a FL (only got a crap stat one).

So what? :)

/edit
About that dmg thing. PEs only deal so much dmg because rayguns are so fucking overpowered and too easy to use. Especially the RoG. But hey i don't care, i like my disruptor.
KTXHBYE

StrongSad
07-03-04, 04:48
god spies suck!! :lol:

jernau
07-03-04, 06:08
/edit
About that dmg thing. PEs only deal so much dmg because rayguns are so fucking overpowered and too easy to use. Especially the RoG. But hey i don't care, i like my disruptor.
KTXHBYE

That bit you are right about.

A PE specced for FL or Disruptor is a gimp. Nonetheless he can still match or exceed a spy specced for INQ1 in every single way except XRAY resist.

The problem is that the theoretical advantages of excelling in usage of the top weapons do not exist in practice.

SorkZmok
07-03-04, 17:28
That bit you are right about.

A PE specced for FL or Disruptor is a gimp. Nonetheless he can still match or exceed a spy specced for INQ1 in every single way except XRAY resist.

The problem is that the theoretical advantages of excelling in usage of the top weapons do not exist in practice. Well lets pray the next patch will finally make high end rifles superiour to the crap PEs can use. :p

jernau
07-03-04, 17:41
Well lets pray the next patch will finally make high end rifles superiour to the crap PEs can use. :p

Until the clipping plane and sniping functions get replaced I don't think it will matter. All it will mean is that if/when they do fix the real problems we will get nerfed into oblivion for being "too powerful". Still maybe for a week or so it'll all be good.

Crackitakk
07-03-04, 17:43
rite now....i would concider tanks and spies equal except for the overpowerd cs and the dev, but even they arent that hard to deal with...

Sleawer
07-03-04, 18:18
Lupus mentioned some thoughts about the clipping plane and range problems, he thinks that the clipping plane would not be a problem if range-aiming were separate factors to calculate the accuracy of a weapon.

These are suppossitions yet thought.

I have the same setup that Brainiac on my spy, tho I am setup to use obliterator still, probably will go back to stealth III and 197 RC instead 191 RC and Oblit. This means one drug less.

He's right nevertheless, with ONE drug you can have better run speed and better resists. Beast is the drug I use, the downside in weapon lore does not affect my aiming or damage.

You should not need to drug for shelter unless the situation really heats up in close quarters.

What I don't like is exactly what StrongSad have said, with 267% aiming in FL I should be able to put every damn round in the head of my target.

At last I will also say that our setups are based on SAs, without the MC-5 chip all become a bit harder... I've made nice spy setups without SA tho, using pistols it is almost exactly to what I use with SA, less PC (189) but I don't need it anyway... rifles demand bigger sacrifices, in damage (and not little) or only using TL 109 weapons (and for this I make a PE duh).

If just drugs were more viable... something more geared towards player management instead player annoyance :\

MegaCorp
08-03-04, 01:20
I tested my Healing Light, Disruptor, and First Love against a Decayed Horror and timed things with a stopwatch. Each specific timing given below is the average seen across multiple tests. In my calculations I assume that all shots hit the target. Your own tests may vary, but would hopefully come up with roughly the same results. I fully cap my weapons, including damage and rate of fire.

Lets first look at the Dis versus the HL ...

The Dis does 3 hits per shot, costing 3 ammo units per shot, with 8 shots per clip of 24 units of ammo. Each hit did 69 points of damage. The clip emptied in roughly 6.4 seconds. The reload time took 3 seconds. So total time to empty a clip and be ready to shoot again was around 9.4 seconds.

The HL does 3 hits per shot, costing 2 ammo units per shot, with 12 shots per clip of 24 units of ammo. Each hit did 77 points of damage. The clip emptied in roughly 12.5 seconds. The reload time took 3 seconds. So total time to empty a clip and be ready to shoot again was around 15.5 seconds.

Note that the HL does higher damage per hit than the Dis: 77 for the HL versus 69 for the Dis. Also notice the HL does more damage per full clip than a Dis: 2772 (77x3x12) for an HL versus 1656 (69x3x8) for a Dis.

But ... since the Dis shoots faster than the HL, you can shoot a full Dis clip, reload, and shoot another full Dis Clip (6.4+3+6.4=15.8 seconds but without a final reload) for 3312 (1656x2) damage in essentially the same time it takes to do one clip of HL (12.5+3=15.5 seconds) for 2772 damage. So the Dis wins.

Across two full clips of the HL (12.5+3+12.5+3=31 seconds) the HL damage is 5544, and the Dis fires three full clips plus three shots (6.4+3+6.4+3+6.4+3+2.4=30.6 seconds) doing 5589 damage. So the Dis wins again, but by a very small margin.

For three HL clips the HL damage is 8316 across 46.5 seconds, with the Dis doing five clips for 8280 in 47 seconds. Note that the HL now beats the Dis.

When we get up to roughly a full minute, the HL has fired four full clips (but without a final reload) doing 11,088 damage in 59 seconds. The Dis on the other hand has fired off six full clips and is three shots (nine hits) into its seventh clip for a total of 10,557 damage in 58.8 seconds. The HL wins again, and by a greater margin.

Thus (for hunting) a Disruptor does indeed out damage a Healing Light, but only across a short timeframe that is roughly equivalent to two full HL clips; e.g. half a minute. Thereafter, the high damage per hit of the HL becomes the deciding factor such that over time the HL out performs the Dis. And of course if you do not cap rate of fire on your Dis, then an HL may be as good as or even better than your Dis right from the start.

As for First Loves, the FL does 4 hits per shot, costing 4 ammo units per shot, with 5 shots per clip of 20 units of ammo. Each hit did 72 points of damage. The clip emptied in roughly 5.4 seconds. The reload time took 3 seconds. So total time to empty a clip and be ready to shoot again was around 8.4 seconds for 1440 (72x4x5) damage. Thus the damage equivalent to one full HL clip interval is around 2880 damage (2 FL clips and a partial reload), 4032 damage for two HL clips (4 FL clips without a final reload), 8064 for three HL clips (6 FL clips without a final reload), and 10,368 for roughly a minute (7 FL clips plus starting another clip without a final reload).

Here is the data in tabular format, using the HL clip interval timings as reference points:

Weapon.........15.5 sec....31 sec....46.5 sec...59 sec
----------------......-----------.....--------......----------.....---------
Healing Light....2772.........5544.......8316.......11086
Disruptor..........3312.........5589.......8280.......10557
First Love.........2880.........4032.......8064.......10368

The upcoming patch that [re]balances weapon damage will probably change all of these figures, and likely reposition how effective they are versus each other.

Spook

Freaky Fryd
08-03-04, 03:28
When battling in a Warzone, I'll carry a FL, DIS and SH.

FL - great for dispatching spies and APUs from close range
DIS - great for sniping the spies, APUs and even some tanks & PEs
SH - long range sniping of anyone

I use a rifle kami, so not only am I a fast little bastard, but cap Damage/Aiming AND Frequency on all my rifles.

When firing at 222/min with the Disruptor, there's already 10 more shots flying through the air by the time the person realizes they're being hit, IF they realize...

If someone isn't ready for me or is standing still, I can unload a full clip of FL into them before they have a chance to move or retaliate...that means any spy or apu is definitely dead. Even a buffed PE can be brought down to 1/3 or 2/5 health...

Basically, it comes down to your fighting style to decide on which rifle is better...

FLASHZ06
08-03-04, 05:37
try healing light easier to cap aim. it miss alot less than both of the other. it has really got a big dmg increase off last patch

Radamez
08-03-04, 10:33
Impressive analysis Mega.. try to also take into consideration that a Healing Light is going to land a hell of alot more shots than a Disruptor.. and a definitely the First Love..

What does this mean? Healing Light needs a nerf? nah.. Dis and FL need a boost/fix

Rifles should to all about pinpoint accuracy.. I still believe if you cap aiming on a high level rifle and lock onto your target.. you simply should not miss.

MegaCorp
08-03-04, 20:16
My thoughts (without facts) are that the Healing Light misses the least often, then comes the Disruptor as a close second (missing no more than the HL to just a bit more), followed by the First Love which can throw a high percentage of wild shots.

With the First Love, i have even had it sometimes miss with all 4 hits from a single trigger pull when i am kneeling and not moving - pathetic - but 1 to 2 misses out of 4 is more common, with the occassional 3 misses happening, and of course the rare 4 ... and the FL seems to be at its worst if you are moving. I rationalize this by thinking of it as a sawed-off shotgun / scatter gun where you need to be pointblank for it to be fully effective - and it does indeed work well that way (for example unstealthing next to someone and opening fire).

Maybe i (or someone else) will do some actual "wild shot" tests. It would be interesting to read the results.

Given the misses, and my damage figures, if you usually have only 15 seconds or so to shoot at someone, then the Disruptor has the edge, with the First Love (pointblank) and Healing Light (any range) being good alternative choices. Whereas if you typically have to fire a bunch of clips into someone (or something) to drop them, then the Healing Light looks best with the Disruptor a fine alternative. And as i mentioned before, if you are far from capping the rate-of-fire on a Disruptor you may find that the Healing Light is best under most circumstances - at least with regard to these three guns anyway.

Although i currently use an SH/Dis combo in Op fights, i really like the HL. I used an HL quite often in combat long before sniper rifles appeared, back when most people seemed to ignore it because of its lower than average damage potential - for me its accuracy and zero recoil made it very effective when compared to a PE for example; it was also my hunting gun. I use the Dis now because my "window of opportunity" on people in fights is often relatively short so i want the extra damage edge it provides. For hunting, i continue to use my HL.

Spook

SorkZmok
08-03-04, 20:43
Originally posted by Radamez
Impressive analysis Mega.. try to also take into consideration that a Healing Light is going to land a hell of alot more shots than a Disruptor.. Imo its not that much more shots that hit. At least from my experience.

Also I can put 90% of my disruptor shots into a persons head if i'm warmed up but i tend to miss a lot when i'm using a HL. Might just be that way cause i'm used to my dissie rof. Also my HL only got 114% freq...i think i get 158 shots on it while i get 197 on my disruptor.

And i definately prefer a high rof over dmg. I just can land so many more hits. :)

Crackitakk
08-03-04, 21:14
supposedly, with more strength, guns like first love have less reverb...wich is interesting...someone should test that out

MegaCorp
08-03-04, 21:28
And i definately prefer a high rof over dmg. I just can land so many more hits.
That is a very good point. And it is why i do not use a Ray of God. The RoG deals superior damage pointblank, but slowly. So if you miss even once you really screw up your damage-over-time. Whereas if you use a Disruptor you can continually hose down the target, and do more overall damage than with an RoG (if you do miss often with RoGs), even if some of the individual hits per shot tend to miss.

But, if you have exceptional aiming skills against fast moving / dancing targets, and generally do closeup fighting, then an RoG is the way to go ... unless they nerfed its damage recently (i havent used one in quite a while so i dont really know). Me, i have a hard time hitting people who dance around a lot, hence another reason for why i use a Dis.

Buncha wimps ... real fighters should bravely stand their ground and be shot at ... ;)

Spook

MegaCorp
11-03-04, 22:46
In patch 197 the Disruptor has had its damage reduced. With regard to my tests, it fell from 69 per hit on a Decayed Horror to 66 per hit. The resulting table is as follows:

Weapon.........15.5 sec....31 sec....46.5 sec...59 sec
----------------......-----------.....--------......----------.....---------
Healing Light....2772.........5544.......8316.......11086
Disruptor..........3168.........5346.......7920.......10098
First Love.........2880.........4032.......8064.......10368

Because of its higher damage per hit, and its larger clip size (12 shots per clip - which means it spends less time reloading than the other two guns), the Healing Light is clearly the better choice when attacking targets that take quite a longish while to kill, such as DoY Scout Units. Whereas if all you have is a few handfuls of seconds to score a kill, then it goes by Tech Level order with the Dis first, FL second, and the HL third with regard to maximum damage potential ... but then dont forget the wild shot factor.

Spook