PDA

View Full Version : How do we know that we are not being scamed by neocron?

masterguyver
02-03-04, 10:41
How long has neocron been promising bdoy? Just becouse they set a pre-order date does not mean the it will be pushed back for (unforseen reasons). If a lot of the problems and bugs in neocron is becouse of the old engin why was it not replaced be the end of the first year? How much longer till kk figures out that 3 programers are not nearly enough to fix a mmorpg (and don't give me that bs that the program is a small part of the problem).

now who here can't say that even once the thought that kk is doing all this on purpose has not gone thrue there head?

Richard Slade
02-03-04, 11:22
I don't think "once" is the word for it.. Constantly would be a better word
Hence why I hardly play.

Radamez
02-03-04, 11:29
I don't feel like i'm being "scammed" by KK.. yes the game is buggy, and you're on your own alot of the time if you lose items you've worked hard for.. but we all know what to expect by now..

I just accept the game for what it is, an incrediby buggy.. but great, immersive and addictive game with crap support :rolleyes:

As for DoY.. whether we get it or not.. I'll still be playing for as long as NC manages to keep me entertained. (and it's still doing a good job of that after 1 year)

EDIT: when I say crap support - i refer to the rules support staff are bound by.. not the efforts they put in.

Neocrons_coward
02-03-04, 11:33
If anyone thinks neocron and the support staff are bad... Oh boy you need shooting... When the double doors in plaza 1 decided to play silly bastards with us all and refuse to open.. Within an hour or two neocron team were on the case.. Now if you played a previous online game ive played which mainly has immature children on it that is run by aload of morons that cannot keep a hampster alive for more than five weeks without server going down then your understand about how good neocron is.. This game looks a big kind of game and its like... Not exactly scamming us.. Im happy to pay monthly fee for neocron.. Trust me.. Protesting about a game doesnt work.. You only get wound up abusive and then it turns to being childish (like me in previoius game lol... hence why i left ;)) Neocron staff have more than 1 server to take care of... If you wanted make a idea to put everyone on one server and fuck me lets move from plaza 1 to plaza 2 in a space of 6 hours with 500 discconection times and then a forum flooded with complaints... hmmmm Id rather the wait and a less laggy server... As i said in first place... Neocron staff by the service ive had since i been here (admittaly its only a week well nearly 2) has been top notch and satisfactory *keep it up team*

Zeon

Benjie
02-03-04, 11:37
If you like Neocron, play it.
If you don't, stop playing it.
If you are sceptical about DoY then nobody is holding a Gun to your head. Would you buy any game if you didn't want to buy it?

Personally I think it's a rocking game with a few issues I can overlook. BDoY promises to fix most of those issues.

Oh and I never had the impression kk where scamming us, and I find it hard trying to see where you are coming from.

*edit*

Your signature says it all. :rolleyes:

Sence the neocron programes spend there time trying to blance pvp. It is not surprised that so many bugs are still in from launch.
You don't think PvP balance is important?

Radamez
02-03-04, 11:39
Originally posted by Benjie
If you like Neocron, play it.
If you don't, stop playing it.
If you are sceptical about DoY then nobody is holding a Gun to your head. Would you buy any game if you didn't want to buy it?

Personally I think it's a rocking game with a few issues I can overlook. BDoY promises to fix most of those issues.

Oh and I never had the impression kk where scamming us, and I find it hard trying to see where you are coming from.

Exactly. :)

P4mp3rk3
02-03-04, 11:43
this is a stupid thread. Like it, play it. Don't like it, well just bugger off then, geez :rolleyes: We're not being scammed, hehe, if you think you are...yah...

lol...I suck at flaming :(

IceStorm
02-03-04, 11:45
now who here can't say that even once the thought that kk is doing all this on purpose has not gone thrue there head?
The thought has never crosssed my mind. They're in business, they shipped a product, the servers are populated to my personal level of satisfaction, and I'm not plagued by the bugs most seem to find.

Neocron is fine. KK's doing a good job. I'm happy.

If you aren't happy, quit. No one's forcing you to play this game.

greploco
02-03-04, 11:47
It's a small company or gathering of minds running this show, it's just not sony corp or pepsi co. It's a matter of scale.

A larger company can fire continually labor and creative talent at jobs, practicly ad nauseum. And guess what, things do get done more quickly, with a bit more testing, and with a bit more polish.

For a small group, the nc staff seems to be doing just fine, pretty darn well. Because of their size they can be a bit more agile and creative. It's no mistake that westwood or sony didn't come out with something like neocron

pros and cons

Jeros82
02-03-04, 11:51
Go Benji, Go Benji

Nuff Said...

Psyco Groupie
02-03-04, 11:52
why do you bother

masterguyver
02-03-04, 12:20
actualy ingore this thread. i had a bad day, and dying becouse of the number of droner bugs did not help.

Original monk
02-03-04, 12:31
i dont call it scamming nomore :) its more like publishers talk in my opinion: yust like im waiting for about a year now to play some half life 2/ condition zero ... they yust keep updating and updating so the expansion pack gets bigger and bigger and then sumthing new comes up and we can wait again till thats implemented and so on :)

leGit v. 2
02-03-04, 12:39
ive been playin neocron forawhile.. i was forced to take a break from it for 6 months =X. Games great fun sometimes.. and yea.. but i have been playing since beta 4.. and when i first heard of BDOY i was excited.. telling all my friends "yea don't trip BDOY will make it fun again" but in those 6 months i though neocron was going to release BDOY without me.. i thought wrong.. I have been waiting for BDOY to come out i'd be pissed off and all.. but really im just glad to be back =P

Crest
02-03-04, 12:47
What is this crappy post about...seems there is a mistake somewhere

DOY - The Free expansion (If you want to call it that) that promises a few new things has been promised for mebbe 12 - 18 months

BDOY the Neocron Expansion with full engine reworks, Including xxx new maps, Of whisch proof is provided every few weeks has been introduced About 3 months ago ... around Dec time ....

Difference is
DOY Extra City like TH or Canyons , a little bigger than those mebbe the same size as NC... Might have included the Command Prompt style hacknet and a few extras

BDOY All the above plus new weapons, mods, Bigger maps, Hacknet as a virtual style hackers world, Full blown DOY City , Re-Vamping current laws like safe zones, Introducing new vehicles like flying toys....

I might sound like a biy in Candy Shop ... but hey it might be that good.. If not then I move on

Benjie
02-03-04, 13:01
Originally posted by Crest
BDOY All the above plus new weapons, mods, Bigger maps, Hacknet as a virtual style hackers world, Full blown DOY City , Re-Vamping current laws like safe zones, Introducing new vehicles like flying toys....

I might sound like a biy in Candy Shop ... but hey it might be that good.. If not then I move on
Don't forget customisable appartments and Air Traffic. (5th element anyone?)

Also try not to forget that there will be several more Sneak Peaks before June time when it is being released. How many other features does DoY have that we don't know about?

Neocrons_coward
03-03-04, 01:39
Originally posted by masterguyver
actualy ingore this thread. i had a bad day, and dying becouse of the number of droner bugs did not help.

hehe i know the feeling mate... When im having a bad day i usually tell everyone including friends to go fuck emselves and when a bug kicks in i only whine lol... But its a game... I now brought in a stress ball to relieve my tension and NOT beat the crap out my FLAT SCREEN MONITOR... Or else im fishing another few hundered quid out and neocrons too precious for that lol

Tratos
03-03-04, 01:54
Replying to the first post not having read the others

Dont like it?

Dont play.

What we're getting isnt DOY anymore its NC:BDOY alot more than a city and if we did get it that year ago we would probably still be running on this shit engine we are today

~Tratos

NS_CHROME54
03-03-04, 02:28
Go take a look at the dummies who were waiting for Dawn.

You'll NEVER feel like Neocron scammed you.

Neocrons_coward
03-03-04, 15:49
isnty it fun when adults fight like children??? - true fact of life "Adults are worse than children" ffs its a game!

Devils Grace
03-03-04, 16:22
not only what some have said, but all i see u posted is nottin but changes u want to be done...

so im assuming u dont like the game much, so why play it.

if im assuming wrong then i apologise......

8| no i dont apologise, if im assuming wrong i dont care its just what it looks

u bitch more then Shadow Dancer

Tratos
03-03-04, 16:34
Originally posted by Devils Grace
not only what some have said, but all i see u posted is nottin but changes u want to be done...

so im assuming u dont like the game much, so why play it.

if im assuming wrong then i apologise......

8| no i dont apologise, if im assuming wrong i dont care its just what it looks

u bitch more then Shadow Dancer

I agree with Devils Grace OMFG :eek:

~Tratos

masterguyver
03-03-04, 17:19
now i understand the post before my reply for flaming, but Tratos, Devils Grace, NS_CHROME54, Crest, leGit v. 2, and Original monk how about reading all the replys before posting.

Original monk
03-03-04, 17:27
and Original monk how about reading all the replys before posting.

hehe, im a skimmer :P

but yust so ya know clearly: i didnt flame you at all, or didnt intend to anyway :) au contraire i even made a so neutral possible post and stated that all those promises that gamedesigners make are relative / have to be taken with a grain of salt :)

but youre right, i better start reading posts a bit better, wich isnt always possible cause i am workin here while doing so so i get interrupted from posting like 200 times a minute hehe :)

anyways, have fun and be patient :) (altough im not the right person in telling you you have to be patient lol, im waiting myself for doy since 1-2 months after the release of the retailservers)

Devils Grace
03-03-04, 17:32
now i understand the post before my reply for flaming, but Tratos, Devils Grace, NS_CHROME54, Crest, leGit v. 2, and Original monk how about reading all the replys before posting.

ahhh dunno about the rest, but for me it was clear on ur thread what u asked.

i just replied direct to what u asked and added those smart coments i like to make, whatever u or anyone else like them or not....

Still if someone take a close look to almost all ur threads, u want soemtin to be changed and assuming again u dont play as many times as the persons u just directed called of dumbs, ide say
that u do not like the features in the game and wich u pay for (or ur moma pays) ...........

so before u acuse a company that has to consern itself with image and if u payed close attention, sneak peaks on public domain (not just for us) u should ...............

SHUT THE FUCK UP

•Super|\|ova•
03-03-04, 17:35
This thread is just pathetic BS. Why is this thread even open for discussion? This is just stupid.

NS_CHROME54
03-03-04, 17:37

i just replied direct to what u asked and added those smart coments i like to make, whatever u or anyone else like them or not....

Still if someone take a close look to almost all ur threads, u want soemtin to be changed and assuming again u dont play as many times as the persons u just directed called of dumbs, ide say
that u do not like the features in the game and wich u pay for (or ur moma pays) ...........

so before u acuse a company that has to consern itself with image and if u payed close attention, sneak peaks on public domain (not just for us) u should ...............

SHUT THE FUCK UP

ditto.

i'm also just a thread skimmer, i don't care what everyone else has to say, i just answered the question directly. so sue me :p

KimmyG
03-03-04, 17:43
Originally posted by Neocrons_coward
If anyone thinks neocron and the support staff are bad... Oh boy you need shooting... When the double doors in plaza 1 decided to play silly bastards with us all and refuse to open.. Within an hour or two neocron team were on the case.. Now if you played a previous online game ive played which mainly has immature children on it that is run by aload of morons that cannot keep a hampster alive for more than five weeks without server going down then your understand about how good neocron is.. This game looks a big kind of game and its like... Not exactly scamming us.. Im happy to pay monthly fee for neocron.. Trust me.. Protesting about a game doesnt work.. You only get wound up abusive and then it turns to being childish (like me in previoius game lol... hence why i left ;)) Neocron staff have more than 1 server to take care of... If you wanted make a idea to put everyone on one server and fuck me lets move from plaza 1 to plaza 2 in a space of 6 hours with 500 discconection times and then a forum flooded with complaints... hmmmm Id rather the wait and a less laggy server... As i said in first place... Neocron staff by the service ive had since i been here (admittaly its only a week well nearly 2) has been top notch and satisfactory *keep it up team*

Zeon

What game did you play? Some basement based mmorpg?

Lemme See I play UO and if I even try to imagine bugs in this game happening in UO it would just blow my mind.

DaoC? Lemme see they only bug patched 3-4 times a week fixxing little misc things.

Shadownbane did have its problems but it would be expected in a game like that I mean total citys can get brought down. BUt there down time ment free play time.

masterguyver
03-03-04, 17:54

SHUT THE FUCK UP

1. i pay for it. who pays for you?
2. i am on everyday for 2-6 hours each day.
3. I am not the only person that post what is wrong with this game. are you telling us all the shut up? also i am not the only one that bleaves these things need to be adress.
4. if the company was so concerned about there image, then it would be easer to find. right now I have not seen a copy one the shelfs for this game at bestbuy, babbages, eb, gamestop, or mediaplay for over a year. So to find this game you have to have played it already, word of mouth, or shear luck to stumble on it. Also how long did they take to get just the demo working, or the fact that there are things in the demo that are not in the game? That is a company that is worried about there image. lol

Tratos
03-03-04, 18:05
The point of this thread was to answer your post or your question not what ever anyone else says so thats what i did replied to YOU

~Tratos

Argent
03-03-04, 18:09
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
This thread is just pathetic BS. Why is this thread even open for discussion? This is just stupid.

Word.

Lock.

Devils Grace
03-03-04, 18:36
1. i pay for it. who pays for you?
2. i am on everyday for 2-6 hours each day.
3. I am not the only person that post what is wrong with this game. are you telling us all the shut up? also i am not the only one that bleaves these things need to be adress.
4. if the company was so concerned about there image, then it would be easer to find. right now I have not seen a copy one the shelfs for this game at bestbuy, babbages, eb, gamestop, or mediaplay for over a year. So to find this game you have to have played it already, word of mouth, or shear luck to stumble on it. Also how long did they take to get just the demo working, or the fact that there are things in the demo that are not in the game? That is a company that is worried about there image. lol

this reply only shows u do not have a fucking clue what the hell u talking about

pls before or windows freeze, leave it man honest