PDA

View Full Version : Reveler's too slow. :\

Lanigav
02-03-04, 09:14
I recently completed my NEXT epic and was happy to have my spanky new Reveler in hand. Its pretty spiffy since a PE can both drive and gun, and is fantastic for mob hunting, but the speed feels rather slow. Its not a big deal for roughly flat terrain, but on hilly terrain it just plain sucks. On one bit I got stuck in one part of the mountains where I just couldn't get the vehicle out, yet I was perfectly able to just run right out.

So either the speed needs to be increased or its ability to go over hills needs to be increased.

Invertigo
02-03-04, 09:16
all vehicles are to slow...espectially the wheeler...its like suppose to be a speedcar and my tank can run just as fast as it...

Lanigav
02-03-04, 09:20
Well, hovertech is nice and speedy.

But yeah, aside from that, vehicles could likely use a speed boost all around (hovertech, Reveler, and the crappy ER Wheeler are the only vehciles I've used, so I can't comment on the others).

Archeus
02-03-04, 09:22
hovertech and wheeler are much faster then the Rev and take better inclines.

Revs got the armor and is cheap to repair but once you get enough crafts/cash the car is pretty useless.

Cytaur
02-03-04, 09:27
they're slow for your own good.... you don't want to crash in that tree in the middle of the thin road, don't you ?

Lanigav
02-03-04, 09:39
Lol. :lol:

As opposed to falling down a giant incline and not totaling yourself and the vehicle? ;) Or having large rockets and clumps of fire chucked at you.

Spex
02-03-04, 09:43
How fast do you want to drive with your Reveler? I think the speed of this vehicle is just fine. You should drive a Rhino to see how slow "slow" can be ...

Reveler is a nice car, it has more "HPs" than a normal Chaincraft buggy, you pay close to nothing for repairs and you get it back if it blows up. Besides that you can do all the things you can do with a normal Chaincraft buggy, too.

PS: I hate driving through mountains, too. But then you can get stuck even at the strangest places with your car. Best is you pay close attention to what lies ahead and don't drive into every valley as some are hard to escape from (especially when zoning borders are involved).

Lanigav
02-03-04, 09:49
Sometimes its hard to tell what you can and cannot drive up though. I honestly think you should be able to easily drive up any incline you can run on. Also, it can be difficult to guage whether or not you've got enough speed.

Besides, compare these to real life vehciles. When you're driving up a steep incline, you can still go a relatively decent speed, albiet with much more care and manageable speed than normal cruising speed. Your tires don't magically lose traction once you reach a certain height, with your car falling back to the ground like NC's vehicles do.

Something I find amusing is that the only vehicle that can reliably go across mountains and similar areas is the hovertech, which is the only vehicle to have absolutely no physical traction to the ground.

If no speed boost, then a definete traction boost.

Benjie
02-03-04, 10:02
All vehicles should be faster.

Nash_Brigham
02-03-04, 10:27
I dunno what youa re talking about. My NEXT reveller outruns tanks, and takes inclines a helluvalot better than a tank. The only thing the reveller doesn't have is decent armor.

TheEnemy
02-03-04, 10:57
Some of the vehicles should be faster. And max runspeed should be slower.

g0rt
02-03-04, 11:01
Originally posted by TheEnemy
Some of the vehicles should be faster. And max runspeed should be slower.

#1 agree

#2 disagree

vehicles should FLY especially things like hovertech and the red car. tanks should go as they go now

max runspeed is good the way it is imo, slower = easier to target = more noobs killing good players

Richard Slade
02-03-04, 11:20
Quick Q: Whatever happened to the hover with weapons?
And the other vhcs with guns for that sake?

Nash_Brigham
02-03-04, 11:22
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Quick Q: Whatever happened to the hover with weapons?
And the other vhcs with guns for that sake? Quick answer. Combat hovertecs and the other combat vehicles are in game already. NExT held the release party, oh, I think end of January beginning of February, at least on my server anyways.

Richard Slade
02-03-04, 11:24
And that took..? 4-5 months? More? Probably...
Great.... And they're how good?
Not at all I presume
Well everything is as normal then..

Archeus
02-03-04, 11:41
Originally posted by Richard Slade
And that took..? 4-5 months? More? Probably...
Great.... And they're how good?
Not at all I presume

What stone have you been living under?

Richard Slade
02-03-04, 16:24
Stone?
I haven't been playing since aug..

Inchenzo
02-03-04, 17:26
vehilces should be able to run people down

Elric
02-03-04, 17:31
Originally posted by Inchenzo

yeah, well theyd also have to be fast enuf to actually catch someone to do it :p

Gulinborsti
02-03-04, 17:33
Originally posted by Inchenzo
Oh yeah, I'd love this.
I usually target each eg. mutant when driving a vehicle and always feel a little disapointed when they don't end up flying throw to air when I hit them :D

StryfeX
02-03-04, 18:40
Originally from UT2004:
VEHICULAR MANSLAUGHTER:D :angel:

That game rocks. I don't think I've had so much fun with just a demo in a long while.

TBH though, I can't really comment about the speeds since I don't drive anymore.

--Stryfe

Argent
02-03-04, 18:46
Actually all but hovertec should be a bit faster but what all tyre/chain vehicles definetly need is TRACTION. For gods sake. T-R-A-C-T-I-O-N!

I kinda love my pure H-C PE but when I can't go over a 2 meter tall, not too steep bumb on a frikin chaincraft it makes me cry.

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-03-04, 18:53
Hovertecs should be able to drive over water
thats all i want

TheEnemy
03-03-04, 16:25
Originally posted by g0rt
#1 agree

#2 disagree

vehicles should FLY especially things like hovertech and the red car. tanks should go as they go now

max runspeed is good the way it is imo, slower = easier to target = more noobs killing good players

Neocron's slow targeting system is really not designed to cope with people running fast. We have RPG aiming yet people run faster and do more dodging than half the FPS games out there.

The noobs are the ones who use super speed mixed with lag in order to warp around and not get shot, and when they do get shot they use their runspeed to disappear to the nearest zone border. I don't know about you but I'd rather people didn't run 5 times faster than anyone in real life can.