PDA

View Full Version : teamspeak problems

Twitch
02-03-04, 08:03
k teamspeak will run totally fine and nc will load etc, however, once im actually in the game once i press up or any of the arrow keys nc will simply close, it won't give me an error or anything of that sort, it'll just close abruptly, and TS will keep running. some have said turn off numlock which didn't work, i have the newest version and everything. ventrilio doesn't work either. anyone else have this problem?

im using xp btw and have no firewall/av progs running in the back

g0rt
02-03-04, 08:16
turn off direct input

settings - options - other - disable direct input

dunno about ventrillo, never used it and i dont care to because that voice just bugs me, whether you can turn it off or not i refuse to associate with it :p

Tenchi_Runyo
02-03-04, 09:37
ventrilo>team speak

nuff said

g0rt
02-03-04, 10:11
Originally posted by Tenchi_Runyo
ventrilo>team speak

nuff said

a worthless opinion backed up by absolutely no reasoning

please take your lack of intelligence somewhere else, thanks

•Super|\|ova•
02-03-04, 10:15
Ventrilo makes everyone sound a bit "not so hetero" :p anyways... if you have num lock on and you press the arrow keys in NC your NC crashes. Somehow it stopped doing that for me awhile ago. I don't have any idea how or why but it just did. Anyways that's the problem you're having. Disable Num Lock and you're all ok again.

Revslad
02-03-04, 10:16
Originally posted by g0rt
a worthless opinion backed up by absolutely no reasoning

please take your lack of intelligence somewhere else, thanks

lol pwned

anyway back on topic :)

if g0rts solution doesnt work , try switching your movement keys to w s d and a and space to jump;)

•Super|\|ova•
02-03-04, 10:17
Originally posted by Revslad
lol pwned

anyway back on topic :)

if g0rts solution doesnt work , try switching your movement keys to w s d and a and space to jump;)

No need to do it. Just do what I told above.

Psyco Groupie
02-03-04, 10:22
wasd > arrows

ts > vent

old skool > new skool

g0rt
02-03-04, 10:22
No need for any of this. Its a well known problem and direct input should be disabled, if you don't wanna believe me, check www.teamspeak.org and it will state exactly what i did.

What hes explaining is the cause of direct input, with it off, all is fine...its just that simple.

Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
wasd > arrows

ts > vent

old skool > new skool

I agree fully.

•Super|\|ova•
02-03-04, 10:24
Originally posted by g0rt
No need for any of this. Its a well known problem and direct input should be disabled, if you don't wanna believe me, check www.teamspeak.org and it will state exactly what i did.

What hes explaining is the cause of direct input, with it off, all is fine...its just that simple.

I agree fully.

Oh well. I'm still sure that disabling Num Lock would solve it also. And yes... wasd>arrow keys and ts>ventrilo ;)

athon
02-03-04, 14:20
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Oh well. I'm still sure that disabling Num Lock would solve it also. And yes... wasd>arrow keys and ts>ventrilo ;)

TS has a linux client.
TS has longer development to fix bugs behind it.
TS doesn't cause Neocron to memory leak (after a certain amount of time FPS drops rapidly to 2 and stays like that till I exit NC. Started when I started using ventrillo. Stopped when I stopped using ventrillo).

Nuff said.

steweygrrr
02-03-04, 15:28
I agree with Monsiuer Athon I hate ventrilo, I like TS. Ventrilo hits my ping with a great big nerfing sledgehammer.

But imho

arrows > wasd
teamspeak > Ventrilo
NC > All

Devils Grace
02-03-04, 15:40
<3 u all

Tenchi_Runyo
03-03-04, 09:59
anyone sane wouldn't even care what a cartel thinks, unless they're a trendfollowing bd or a cartel.

Archeus
03-03-04, 10:29
Originally posted by athon
TS has a linux client.
TS has longer development to fix bugs behind it.
TS doesn't cause Neocron to memory leak (after a certain amount of time FPS drops rapidly to 2 and stays like that till I exit NC. Started when I started using ventrillo. Stopped when I stopped using ventrillo).

Nuff said.

TS also has a number of backdoors. They fix them yet?

Psyco Groupie
03-03-04, 10:42
rofl you and your windows hating

Ryuben
03-03-04, 11:20
Originally posted by Archeus

vent has alot more

fixed them yet ?

and i mean ALOT more and they are more, socially know too.

athon
03-03-04, 13:39
Originally posted by Archeus

I'd be surprised if you could find just about any program more complex than "Hello World" that has absolutely no bugs or security problems.

Athon Solo

Devils Grace
03-03-04, 13:55
anyone sane wouldn't even care what a cartel thinks, unless they're a trendfollowing bd or a cartel.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

what tha hell

ur lucky i gota stay cool for a while bitch

Tenchi_Runyo
04-03-04, 01:09
lol, I've never been scared of a bd, they're either a trendfollower or a traitorous cartel, either way nothing to be scared of in this game.

g0rt
04-03-04, 01:11
lol, I've never been scared of a bd, they're either a trendfollower or a traitorous cartel, either way nothing to be scared of in this game.

hahaha

dre nibs = funneh! :lol: