PDA

View Full Version : win xp problems

johngreen2000
02-03-04, 07:40
Last night things started going wrong on my window xp machine. When i would try to run internet explore it would crash. I downloaded ie install on my other comp put it on a disk and tried reinstalling ie on my win xp machine. 1/2 way through it says that its not verified as a winxp logo componet even though the download says its for window xp. So then i decided its time to reformat. I put in my recovery disk and hit restart. it boots up then says my cd rom is not installed says some driver its working then throws me to my a: drive and says no label detected. Once I get to this point I am not able to switch to me C: directory. It tells me I dont have one which is bullshit..i mean i got 70 gig on my C: drive. so im been messing around with this for like 4 hours. When i run diaignostics they lock up about 1/2 through, when i go to help it locks up but amazingly i can actually run neocron.

How the fudge do i fix my comp. How can i get my reformat to work? anyone know

johngreen2000
02-03-04, 07:44
aight im getting somewhere my dvd drive let me do the reformatting. i had tried it earlier and it didnt detect the disk but this time I did.

I dunno if i got a virus or just some really corrupt files but everything i normally do to reformat my comps wouldnt work.

jernau
02-03-04, 08:14
Don't use XP.

It smells worse than satan's foulest excrement.

Mr Friendly
02-03-04, 08:16
windows xp is the OS for blondes.

exactly the same as win2k except they let sum DAs do a lil modifications on it :angel:

johngreen2000
02-03-04, 08:24
well it came with the comp :/

and well after this bullshit hassel i dunno what im gonna do. ive got it 90% redone...praying it finishes without anymore problems

jernau
02-03-04, 08:24
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
windows xp is the OS for blondes.

exactly the same as win2k except they let sum DAs do a lil modifications on it :angel:

XP and 2K are not "exactly the same". They have some common roots (mainly the kernel parts mutually inherited from NT4) but there are so many things fucked up in XP that comparing it to 2K is like saying MacOS X is the same as SCO Xenix.

/edit - @john - once it's done take a Ghost image of it in a fully operational state (preferably before you connect it to the internet or put too many drivers on). Burn a few copies of that image to CD/DVD and keep them safe for next time.

johngreen2000
02-03-04, 08:37
how do i take a ghost image? im somewhat skilled with comps but never done one.