PDA

View Full Version : Remove Visual effects from DRUG FLASH?

L0KI
02-03-04, 03:41
As a drug whoring PE, i HAVE to complain about the current effects of drug flash.

Have you ever been in a fight and had a massive drug flash hit you out of nowhere?

baah.

Firstly, it seems to be COMPLETELY random/bugged. On one of my PE's, I can take 4 drugs without getting a flash. On my other, he gets it after the first redflash...

I believe the fact that drugs:

a) Dont last long
b) Cost a bomb
c) Make u walk like a complete retard

is MORE than enough reason to remove the blindness caused by flash.

As 100% of people know, relog removes the visual effects. Surely its just a pointless feature that dissuades the use of an ingame item?

Opinions, comments, arguments?

Thanks

~Fang.

Benjie
02-03-04, 03:44
Voted yes.

I think it's a nice effect at minimum.
I just wish it never went beyond that, so it was an asthetical touch and not a trade-off, because utimately it is very very annoying.

SigmaDraconis
02-03-04, 03:46
just cuz drugs are legal in NC doesnt neccesarily mean theyre safe.. you sure as hell wont be running aroudn with that RoLH if you OD in rl... it doesnt make sense you would be able to do it NC :P

Marx
02-03-04, 03:47
I think different drugs should cause different things.

I love how ODing and being drunk all do the same thing in game.

:(

Benjie
02-03-04, 03:49
I would prefere a skill negative after you have taken the drug.

You have 50 Str.
you take Beast =55 Str
After 10 minuits = 49 Str + minimun Non Stacking Drug Haze.
After 5 minuits = 50 Str.

SypH
02-03-04, 03:58
I used to drug for my PA and thanks to relogging I never got hit by drug flash. There were sometimes I didnt have time to relog, and strangley taking another drug removed the flash and started the whole process again. I went on doing that for an hour, and the only reason I stopped is cause I didnt have enough drugs with me.

StrongSad
02-03-04, 04:16
Sometimes taking another drug makes the small flash go away but you get a massive one later. I have also had a big flash and gone to take a drug, but instead the drug has no effect and makes my flash worse. Not sure if it is a bug or what. Perhaps if they made drugs last a shorter time and made them more expensive but took away annoying flash it would work. Dunno really.

EDIT: or they could take out drugs all together and make them rare only.....it would be fun to fight people and be 99% sure they werent using a drug.

amfest
02-03-04, 04:20
I personally preferred the old drugflash in beta where it was static and not the current funky noodles going vertifal horizontal all over the place. Currentnly the current effect tends to hurt my eyes .. and sheez it shouldn't be so harsh unless you take several drugs.

And on the note of flashs . .reduce the drone flash :P

Yeah beer and such intoxication effects shouldn't really do much like typical drugs to your screen .. should make you walk funny although i'm not sure about the current walking way .. I think also with intoxication you should have to fight with the mouse a lil like it slowly goes off and you might fall on the ground face first :) a viewing effect that would work is maybe everything getting blurry and maybe looking like you're underwater and everything is sorta looking wavy . .

Some cool drug effects could be seeing wrong colors at times . . maybe also your RPOS messing up since you're drugged up so you might lose map functions .. accessing part of your INV or seeing your health updates .. lose of local list . like where it's suppose to be it reads malfunction or something .. what about messed up eyesite liek the picture is messed up where the half top is at the bttom and the botom is halway up ..lol

I don't really want to vote cause I don't in a way want them removed but rather changed . .. and I don't think you're whining

suler
02-03-04, 05:56
Always pop another drug before it runs out. Also I bet if devs do read this thread it will just make them add a serverside check for drugflash so you can't relog to fix it.

StrongSad
02-03-04, 05:59
Im sure they know about it already. Bet they use it when testing! ;)

Fawkes
02-03-04, 07:14
so... you wanna be able to boost your resists and skills and have no panelty at all? uh... NO. I actually voted 'Stop Whine!!!' since it seemed more appropriate.

Fez
02-03-04, 07:17
drug flash is ever more an issue then every before. Yes i am a drug whoring pe but i only take 1-2. it's the anti that give me the flash.

Your constalny hit w/ HP and DB in op wars so to get the dam glue effect off uyou, u drug like a whore which casue flash so ur at the same point u were when they HP you so WTF the point.

i kinda agree with stat drugs giving flash but anti's giving flash is so unfair its not even funny.

g0rt
02-03-04, 07:29
i say one drug should never flash you
two drugs you get visual

ServeX
02-03-04, 07:36
I'm with you zoneseek, but I think there should be a limit to how many drugs you can take within a certain time frame as well if the drug flash were to be removed.

StrongSad
02-03-04, 07:48
you wanna be able to boost your resists and skills and have no panelty at all? uh... NO

I guess you dont consider the duration in which they last and high price a "pentalty"?

Chris Redfield
02-03-04, 07:49
Agree FaNG :rolleyes:

suler
02-03-04, 07:57
Well I was thinking instead of flash they could give you a random side effect everytime you would hit flash. Of course these would have to be disadvantageous.

Stuff like maybe no longer having other peoples names visible over their head, Field of view closing in more, and maybe movement of the screen that makes aiming a little harder.

Fawkes
02-03-04, 08:14
Originally posted by StrongSad
I guess you dont consider the duration in which they last and high price a "pentalty"?
Excuse me? afaik, the lowest TL drug lasts 3 minutes and the high TL ones last 10 (!). Unless they changed that? if that is the case I'm sorry. If it's not, it sure seems to me the duration is fine. Now, about the price, I honestly don't consider it a real penalty. Yeah, if you're a drug whore you spend a lot of money on drugs (this is just an assumption btw, I don't use them), but you can get the money back from hunting or leveling or whatever. It's not that bad.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the fact that after the drug effects are gone you can't walk right. Now that is a real penalty imo, but it's also not enough, because you can still walk/run and from time to time your char suddenly goes to another direction. Annoying, but if this is the only penalty drugs have, you'll see a lot more people using drugs and more frequently because it's not that bad after all. That's why I think the drug haze should stay as it is.

Samhain
02-03-04, 08:49
I voted yes but I'd prefer a different visual effect.

Right now as it stands I'm fine with the durations and the price of drugs (recycle you tools :P)

But what bothers me is the inconsistency with the flash and such. Right now I take 3 drugs, beast, destrosol forte and the +3dex one. Generally, I can take all 3, then after 3 minutes, take my dex, then after 2 more minutes (at the five minute mark) I can take another destro, then a minute later I take another dex, then 3 minutes later I take another dex... and through all that I don't have any problems, BUT.. when I get to the 10 minutes mark, when I have to renew my beast/destrosol forte, sometimes I will get a small flash, sometimes it bugs and I act as though I never took the drugs (I get more of a flash but no benefits) other times I've gone for 30-45 minutes without a drugflash at all, and the only reason I stopped was the fight was over, I was bored of PKing, or I ran out of drugs.

There seems to be some serious bugs with it - so I'm fine with a heavy penalty for drugs as long as it's a bit more sensible. Rather than just throwing snow over my screen and hurting my eyes / making me relog, make my visuals distorted (like the concussion grenades in Team Fortress) maybe some more powerful drugs can cause some halucenations, as long as it's a bit more predictable... Really, as long as you keep supplying your body with the drugs it craves, I don't think you should crash (perhaps make it so you eventually need more and more, so after 2 consecutive uses of beast, you need to take two beast each time to keep yourself from crashing... then four, then six, I don't know, the numbers I haven't thought about a lot, but you get the idea)

Also it would kind of be cool if long-term drug users had effects (with the upcoming DoY expansions, it would be cool if your face graphics changed slightly to make yourself look like a drug addict)

msdong
02-03-04, 08:53
wasnt there a poll about this 5 days ago ?
still go with the no option. should be multiple choise option - No, Stop whine ;)

Drake6k
02-03-04, 09:36
Reloging or alt-f4 has only worked once for me to get rid of the drug flash. It's there for a good reason... If it wasnt for drug flash I'd take a ton before EVERY single fight. Drugs aren't always good for you. Infact I think kk should fix the drug flash so reloging doesn't take it away sometimes.

Who else doesn't want a thousand exec using pes?

Lanigav
02-03-04, 09:44
Drug effect should be more like they have in Everquest, or hell, even what they had in that old FPS Blood when you got bit by one of those funky spiders.

I've never heard of anyone drinking a beer and their eyesight suddenly turning into a UHF channel with really bad reception. Your vision and perception become distorted, not....whatever that is. o_O

An interesting way to make the drug effect a bit more bearable (i.e. you can actually read text) is to turn your graphics options all the way down, so it looks more like a flickering chessboard instead of the hyperactive super small worms.

Heavyporker
02-03-04, 09:52
Agreed, fawkes...

Keep drugflash.

Man.. guys, those are DRUGS, you fools... not little kiddy-pop candies.

g0rt
02-03-04, 10:01
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Agreed, fawkes...

Keep drugflash.

Man.. guys, those are DRUGS, you fools... not little kiddy-pop candies.

I just smoked a bong and I can walk just fine and my eyes aren't fuzzing up. What gives? :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
02-03-04, 10:05
ah yes, you just inhaled air, is that it? maybe you gotta fill it up with the pot first. that or LIGHT the bong.

Zeph0n
02-03-04, 10:14
Originally posted by L0KI
As a drug whoring PE, i HAVE to complain about the current effects of drug flash.

Have you ever been in a fight and had a massive drug flash hit you out of nowhere?

baah.

Firstly, it seems to be COMPLETELY random/bugged. On one of my PE's, I can take 4 drugs without getting a flash. On my other, he gets it after the first redflash...

I believe the fact that drugs:

a) Dont last long
b) Cost a bomb
c) Make u walk like a complete retard

is MORE than enough reason to remove the blindness caused by flash.

As 100% of people know, relog removes the visual effects. Surely its just a pointless feature that dissuades the use of an ingame item?

Opinions, comments, arguments?

Thanks

~Fang.

Your a "drug whore" I think thats more then enugh reason to give drugflash. its the sideeffects for popping pills to substitute for skill. :p

Argent
02-03-04, 10:16
No drugflash?

Man, let's also make the drugs last for 60 minutes. And let's make them cost like 10nc / 249pc.

I also want drug that adds 50 int/str/con/psi/dex, and 250 of each subskill which lasts two years. And no drug haze. Ever.

There also should be one hour lasting invulnerability drug. That should make OP-fights interesting.

---------------------------------------

If you can't tolerate few minutes of haze after using 10 mins of drug, maybe you should use a setup which doesn't need drugging. And...

.....STOPWHINE!

g0rt
02-03-04, 10:20
ah yes, you just inhaled air, is that it? maybe you gotta fill it up with the pot first. that or LIGHT the bong.

no i guess im just not a light weight, but either way one drug in neocron can fuck you up so bad that you cant walk and can barely see whats in front of you

i smoke weed all the time, and i can walk and see just fine whilst doing so....and anyone thats done it before (aka not you, obviously) will know that it doesn't do much more then mellow you out, if you actually CANT SEE and CANT WALK properly after smoking a few bowls, you should go to the doctor because I think you have some serious problems.

L0KI
02-03-04, 16:33
Originally posted by Zeph0n
Your a "drug whore" I think thats more then enugh reason to give drugflash. its the sideeffects for popping pills to substitute for skill. :p

By no means do i lack skill. Anyone will tell you that. - THATS NOT THE POINT.

Im not saying completely remove drugflash - im saying, REMOVE THE VISUAL part.

Its just an annoyance, nothing more. The fact that u cant walk straight, and the fact that drugs cost 2 k each is enough in my opinion.

Leave off the flames in my thread please. I wanted opinions... This doesnt give you the right to once and for all prove to the world how much of a retard you are.

Rieper
02-03-04, 16:53
lol, ya Fang sucks at pvp :p As for drugflash its not really fair to _FORCE_ PEs to drug if they want to compete. In fact, i dont know a single decent PE who didnt drug his little ass off.. occasionally i feel bad for em.. and Drugflash is way ott...

OpTi
02-03-04, 17:03

i've done ALOT of drugs in my short life and i'll tell you now the after effects are not as bad as the fucked up shit you get in NC.

sounds to me like the worsed you've ever experienced is inhaling someone elses cig and thought you were stoned.

Rieper
02-03-04, 17:20
ffs people, lets not compare real life drugs to ingame ones.

For on, heroin and cocaine dont increase your health and speed temporarily. Weed doesnt make you stronger and Ketamine sure as hell doesnt make you cleverer..

and we're not playing IRL anyhow.. maybe in a SIMULATOR your Rl comparisons might be justified but atm... they're meaningless.. otherwise i;d be bitching on the forums about being killed by a raygun when everyone knows that you cant have rayguns irl... nibs.