PDA

View Full Version : KK - Please fix Vehicle Dismiss

GT_Rince
02-03-04, 00:51
Seems to me that you can only dismiss a vehicle if you are in the same zone as it - is it meant to be this way?

I died in my Trike and had to leave it standing in Cycrow with no way of dismissing and getting it back to the ASG again. I dread to think how many vehicles I have lost because of sync-crash and you can't find it again.

Please KK - Fix It !

:mad:

SorkZmok
02-03-04, 00:57
Well you need an ASG to spawn your car, so i think its just normal that you need your car at another ASG to put it back again. o_O

Nash_Brigham
02-03-04, 08:53
Your vehicles return to ASG after a while anyways. This isn't a major concern.

angelsenior
02-03-04, 13:34
I dont see the problem, the vehicles return to the ASG automatically after about 30 minutes.

I had one occasion where it returned only the next day but it returned anyway.

Kasumi
02-03-04, 13:35
vehicles are usually north,soouth,east, west of your current position when you loose it during a sync or crash... Depending on which way you zone into the zone...

Benjie
02-03-04, 14:14
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Well you need an ASG to spawn your car, so i think its just normal that you need your car at another ASG to put it back again. o_O
Yeah but certain asshats destroy any vehicle they see, which would be fine if the game engine wasn't at fault for the vehicle being disbanded.

I thoroughly agree with GT_Rince.

Originally posted by GT_Rince
Please KK - Fix It !

metalangel
02-03-04, 14:22
It's *almost* worse when said asshat decided to knock the vehicle down to 2%, which makes for a hilarious journey from El Farid to the racetrack, knuckles white on the wheel, trying to avoid warbots, maulers, and accidentally scuffing your tires on a rock.

Seriously, killing n00bs is bad, but messing with another man's vehicle (it's just not done, it's against the rules) is downright CUNTY.

numb
02-03-04, 14:59
Yeah, this should be implemented. It would save on a lot of frustration for players - particularly new ones.

I've recently had loads of hovertechs made because I cant be bothered with hunting my vehicle down after I die normally. A few times when my vehicle finally gets returned it will be down to the minimal health (which is no problem really as 9k isnt exactly going to break the bank) and one time so far on Pluto my hovertech has been destroyed.

Havent people grown out of destroying lone vehicles by now? I cant see the fun in it - but I guess some people are just lacking the skill to hit a moving target or too scared to attack something that might shoot back.

johngreen2000
02-03-04, 16:31
Originally posted by Kasumi
vehicles are usually north,soouth,east, west of your current position when you loose it during a sync or crash... Depending on which way you zone into the zone...

really? and what other direction could it possibly be? Just poking fun at ya I know what ya ment.

deac
02-03-04, 16:52
Originally posted by numb
Havent people grown out of destroying lone vehicles by now? I cant see the fun in it

I just cant helpmyself, I just cant get tired of the BOOOM. :D

numb
02-03-04, 16:58
Originally posted by deac
I just cant helpmyself, I just cant get tired of the BOOOM. :D

heheh I forgot about the boom :) I guess there is some logic in it afterall

aelfkins
02-03-04, 21:17
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Seems to me that you can only dismiss a vehicle if you are in the same zone as it - is it meant to be this way?

I died in my Trike and had to leave it standing in Cycrow with no way of dismissing and getting it back to the ASG again. I dread to think how many vehicles I have lost because of sync-crash and you can't find it again.

Please KK - Fix It !

It's always been that way(the dismissing). But at least they've fixed it enough to where it doesn't happen as often(the sync errors).They told me that it happens when the player synches faster that the vehical, and just run back to the oldsector to find your vehical(if you didn't appear somewhere random cause of the synch error).

Orininally posted by angelsenior I dont see the problem, the vehicles return to the ASG automatically after about 30 minutes.[/B]

They bumped up the return time to 60 min when they added the GR locking rules. Now you have twice the time to find your vehicla(or get it ganked) :)

Lanigav
02-03-04, 21:53
There should be some sort of remote dismissal tool that'll allow the vehicle to despawn faster than it does when you just leave it alone. Maybe ten minutes or so, to simulate the time it would need to get back to a sector with an ASG.

Jest
02-03-04, 22:00
Destroying vehicles is like a drug. You know its wrong, but you do it anyways, and blowing up one is never enough. It only makes you want to destroy more.

Rince its definitely meant to be that way, and I think it should be kept that way. You shouldnt be able to just leave your ride in the middle of no where and then dismiss it.

Psyco Groupie
02-03-04, 22:03
Its perfectly reasonable that it only dismisses when your cars close again, but since the car doesn't auto warp back, maybe add a 'rescue' feature that costs similar to a GR fee of a similar distance

Chase.Devine
02-03-04, 22:04
Originally posted by Lanigav
There should be some sort of remote dismissal tool that'll allow the vehicle to despawn faster than it does when you just leave it alone. Maybe ten minutes or so, to simulate the time it would need to get back to a sector with an ASG.

Hackable vehicles,
get a Hacker/Rigger and let him drive your car back to the ASG
with remote control. :)

Ieek it smells like Hacknet .... :rolleyes: