PDA

View Full Version : Physics

Crackitakk
01-03-04, 22:30
just saying.....ever noticed the way movement looks in neocron? not good. i know ill get criticized for saying this, and i know reakktor isnt gonna do anything about it, but what if movement looked a little bit better? why not make kneeling and jumping and running look a little bit better? know what im saying? wouldnt it be cool to have vehicles move more realistically, like when they hit a hill at high speeds they get some air...or, when ur pvping, u could jump and roll and kneeling actually.....looked like sumthin, dunno, anyone see what im saying?

Lafiel
01-03-04, 22:31
ya i love the movements in FFXI they are so realistic.... in this game theres no doubt that its not real people your shooting

Crackitakk
01-03-04, 22:32
thank u lol, yeah and halo for instance, has the best physics engine ive ever seen

Tratos
01-03-04, 23:10
Originally posted by Crackitakk
thank u lol, yeah and halo for instance, has the best physics engine ive ever seen

E V E R!!!!

which it does, heh

~Tratos

HumphreY
01-03-04, 23:15
Give us the Quake3 physics. I'm missing strafe-jumping and rocket-jumps. :lol:

suler
01-03-04, 23:18
I'd rather be able to see people where they really are and not have people warp around and go through walls then good physics.

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 23:21
neocron physics are so much nicer than moped physics ala quake 3

SamuraiPizzaCat
01-03-04, 23:22
yea the warping thingy is gettin to me too

Crackitakk
01-03-04, 23:22
have u seen the way ur legs look when ur walking around kneeling? first time i saw it i laughed my ass off

MortuusLupus
01-03-04, 23:26
Actually, the warping people is intentional. The massive nuclear war that obliterated the planet unleashed unheardof amounts of energy. The subsequent eruption of pretty much the entire earth only added to that. These energies combined excited all particles within a few hundred thousand miles of earth, exaggerating the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

You say poor implimentation? I say a brilliant foray into the world of theoretical physics!

amfest
01-03-04, 23:29
have u seen the way ur legs look when ur walking around kneeling? first time i saw it i laughed my ass off

that's cause they are actually kneeling walking and not crouch walking it would look better if when you moved up fwd it was a crouch walked and when you stopped it stayed in a crouch and after a few seconds you went to one knee but currently as I've said you're moving on knees instead . .

if you want to look at funny running look at a female tank run .. lol

or stand . . a female spy is sorta cute . . one of her feet sorta turns inwards which i think is actually due to the model design

Crackitakk
01-03-04, 23:32
they could at least make multiply death animations, like, falling on face or up against a wall would kickass, or split in half or sumthing, wow immagine that?

•Super|\|ova•
01-03-04, 23:34
Funniest fucking movement I've ever seen in Neocron is definitely a female GenTank running. They look like they had a fucking soccer ball shoved up their vaginas! Do something about it :lol:

Crackitakk
01-03-04, 23:36
soccer ball ROFL, yeah i know what u meen, but, female tanks shouldnt even exist.....theyre the ugliest most manly looking woman ever, eww. im not one for the type of girls that toss me on the bed and hurt me....

Cruzbroker
01-03-04, 23:45
Germanish :p

(the most annoying thing is when you run up/down "holes" / hills)

Benjie
02-03-04, 01:42
I would like the new player models to have Much Better Animations come DoY. I agree that the current ones are dire.

Crouching when your drunk, wtf is that?

Crackitakk
02-03-04, 01:50
that would be cool if u could actually tell someone was drunk when they were

rob444
02-03-04, 03:20
Yes, the Halo physics are good :)
Not to mention their really nice effect with the sunrays going trough sprites (tree's leaves for example), really nice.

Elric
02-03-04, 03:23
run down a hill.

When you start sliding with the arms out thing. do a sex emote. I swear it look like skiing

Benjie
02-03-04, 03:29
Originally posted by Elric
run down a hill.

When you start sliding with the arms out thing. do a sex emote. I swear it look like skiing
lmao:lol:

L0KI
02-03-04, 03:30
UT 2k3/4 style physics would be nice.

Have you seen the way you die? :D

And ROFL elric :D

If u get enough people on their knees circling somethin in plaza 1, with flashlights out... damn thats funny :lol:

Elric
02-03-04, 03:31
Gibs pwn everything!

theres never bee a better death than gibbage.

Rai Wong
02-03-04, 03:34
I'd be happy if things didn't go through walls....and weapon physics are a bit nicer...

Benjie
02-03-04, 03:35
Originally posted by Elric
Gibs pwn everything!

theres never bee a better death than gibbage.
Lol. Quake 1 was teh win.

The true meaning of Gibs and Frags.