PDA

View Full Version : new engine question...

Invertigo
01-03-04, 20:04
with the new engine will you be able to go off jumps and things in vehicles? or are they still going to magically always stick to the ground?

just wondering..

Tratos
01-03-04, 20:08
good question i hope they do fly of scenery i want Halo Warthog styly chaincraft drivage!!! that would rock

~Tratos

Invertigo
01-03-04, 20:10
Originally posted by Tratos
good question i hope they do fly of scenery i want Halo Warthog styly chaincraft drivage!!! that would rock

~Tratos

yea thats what i was hoping for:lol:

and i also wanna see the wheeler max speed upped by like 50%

Anderton
01-03-04, 20:11
This is the least of the problems, we need to start our own little advertising campaign, since Neocron isn't advertised at ALL.. people take one look at this games population per server and don't bother just because of that ..it's hardly a major mmorpg, We all need to go raid thousands of forums and post why this game beats all other mmorpgs.. because it does:P

Lets all unite and do our own advertising.. since there is none for neocron ..:D

Mattimeo
01-03-04, 20:13
Originally posted by Anderton
This is the least of the problems, we need to start our own little advertising campaign, since Neocron isn't advertised at ALL.. people take one look at this games population per server and don't bother just because of that ..it's hardly a major mmorpg, We all need to go raid thousands of forums and post why this game beats all other mmorpgs.. because it does:P

Lets all unite and do our own advertising.. since there is none for neocron ..:D

For every positive advertising post you could make about this game, you'll find at least one other blasting it as being a horrible game. most people that leave this game, leave it bitter.

Tratos
01-03-04, 20:17
Originally posted by Anderton

Hey start a thread about it!!

find a list of things people should do and tell the community about it and im sure it will be done in some way shape or form :p

Sorry for offtopic

~Tratos

Zanathos
01-03-04, 20:18
I've tried doing that.

I may get a friend from work to play it ^_^

ive gone to the few forums that I visit and advertised it :D

Omnituens
01-03-04, 20:34
talking about lack of advertising for NC..

i am yet to see a non-internet ad for PS, Endless ages, AO, SW:G etc...

all the adverts i see are just banners on internet sites....

Invertigo
02-03-04, 09:21
omg thread hijack alert w00t

but, like a year ago or so there was a big thing about advertising neocron, whoever did the best thing got some prize or somthing...people ran around doing some crazy things...:rolleyes:

but with the new publisher i dont think that the customers are going to have to worry about advertising, supposebly theres going to be plenty of advertising for DoY, maybe even TV commercials...

but still, OT now, the engine must allow me to get some major air on the big jumps :p

athon
02-03-04, 14:35
Stuff I'd liek to see for vehicles:

1 ) Ability to actually hurt people / other vehicles by ramming them (esp. PPUs).

2) Not quite Halo style, but definitely 'looser gravity'

3) Ability to drive (albeit slowly) out of water. Hovertek vehicles should float on water (perhaps max speed is reduced slightly).

Athon Solo

metalangel
02-03-04, 14:37
Back to the future, man. Hoverboards don't work on water. :D

switchback
02-03-04, 14:42
damn, beat me to it

Sorontar
02-03-04, 14:48
Be nice to jump off hills and over Warbots ............ but as long as it doesn't bring in insane jump bonuses and tricks :p

Psyco Groupie
02-03-04, 14:49
I wanna be able to grind round the top of ops then acid drop the UG

Original monk
02-03-04, 15:04
Originally posted by Invertigo
maybe even TV commercials...

i doubt that :)

Omnituens
02-03-04, 15:42
Originally posted by metalangel
Back to the future, man. Hoverboards don't work on water. :D

unless you have POWAH!

they do work over water, but cant move. they just hover.

you should be able to continue over water with your momentum from speeding along before you hit the water. if you run out of momentum before reaching the other side, well, your hovertech is stuck until it despawns.