PDA

View Full Version : Make mobs BIGGER!!!

Tratos
01-03-04, 19:31
Ok make mobs bigger like real big like say warbot titans 1 and a half or even twice as big make grim chasers the size of the CRP building TRULY fearful creaturs just make the mobs biger like Giatn raptors GIANT currently they are only a little bigger than there smaller counter parts

What you think?

And is somthing like this planned with the new mob skins for DOY?

~Tratos

Kal
01-03-04, 19:37
rawr bigger mobs would be the win

Judge
01-03-04, 19:38
YES!!!! Bigger mobs is t3h pwn. Sometimes you can't tell the difference between the Chaser and Doomies around it.

Imagine how scary WBTs would be if they were like twice the size.... towering behemoths. :D

Who voted no?!? :mad:

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 19:42
Bigger mobs, inc droms :P

Tratos
01-03-04, 19:43
who ever voted no should be slapped, lol

yey for bigger mobs!!

could you imagine somthing in the worm tunnels which was big enough to make it!! would rock!!

~Tratos

Judge
01-03-04, 19:47
Originally posted by Tratos
could you imagine somthing in the worm tunnels which was big enough to make it!! would rock!!

Yeah.... man that would be scary.

"OMG LOOK AT THAT!!!!"

"Look at what?"

"THAT REALLY MASSIVE THING"

"Oh.... shit. I thought that was a mountain"

Hehehehehehe. Sorry couldn't resist myself. :D

Nivag
01-03-04, 20:05
Problem with that is mob pathfinding is a bit crappy as it is, you'd end up with grim chasers wedged in canyons and warbots stuck in between trees :D

Lathuc
01-03-04, 20:20
uber idea me want me want

oh and up the pathfinding ability of the mobs while you are at it

Zanathos
01-03-04, 20:36
Theres alot that needs to be done to make mob killing alot more fun.

increasing the size of some mobs is one step

maybe make giant hover bombers something to truly fear.

I remember during Beta 4 when they had Ceres forces attack Neocron, I was out at the front entrance and right above neocron was a fucking MASSIVE aircraft!

Thats one example though

massive rhino tank like DoY bots, Towering Warbots

huge grim chasers and persecuters, decayed brute is someone like all of this, thos things are huge.

more sound effects, more animations, like an effect when the brutes stomp on the ground!

Why cant i hear the rumbling of a tank? let me hear them grinding the dirt benieth there tracks! same with DoY bots!

give me a reason to fear the mobs in this game. (no dont make them all like the MC5 guards)

Serpent
01-03-04, 20:39
yeah make them bigger, especially hovercrafts, or make a BIG HOVERCRAFT 120/120... :)

Judge
01-03-04, 21:08
Oh yeah, and whilst you are at it increase the size of the Rhino Tank. MASSIVE BIATCH!!!! :)

Lanigav
01-03-04, 21:25
Increase both mob size and mob spawn rate. :D

Siygess
01-03-04, 21:26
I've got a thread thats lost in the Brainport somewhere about using vehicles as mobs.. certainly Rhino tanks would work well.

As for having bigger mobs I say hell yes! Just imagine if Warbots were twice the size! Seeing two or three of those in the distance, slowly marching on your position would be like the scene out of Empire Strikes Back when the AT-AT's first showed up. :D

Heavyporker
01-03-04, 22:15
Fuck yes!!!!!

Crackitakk
01-03-04, 22:18
Id love to see HUGE ones that take up hearly an entire zone...and take an entire clan to kill

t0tt3
01-03-04, 22:19
Zonevortex has posted this thing before "some months ago"
But still its a 5 star idea like it was back then :D

plz kk :(

cRazy2003
02-03-04, 02:37
i voted droms
unexpected... :p

Elric
02-03-04, 02:46
hell yes. Make mobs as big as they were back in beta!

I remember when Warbot's were scraping the roof of OZ station (inside) that was the scariest sight ever.

Also, same for raptors n repaers n grims n stuff too.

Jake Cutter
02-03-04, 09:35
Warbot Grand Titan - 110/110

Yeah, thats the ticket :D

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Nash_Brigham
02-03-04, 10:25
Large mobs are all fun and stuff, but if they aren't any more intelligent then everything else, there would be no point. Before something like this were to be implmeneted, I would suggest KK fix monster AI.

Richard Slade
02-03-04, 10:27
simply do a size/rank system
the better they are the bigger they get
(yes, droms WILL be small!)

El_MUERkO
02-03-04, 12:01
The 120/120 mobs that live outside (not the cave ones) should be f**kn huge dribbling and scarry, either that or their should be 240/240 mobs that need a team to take them down, beasties so horrible when you see in the wasteland you scream like a little girl and run away :)

Richard Slade
02-03-04, 16:25
Kinda like being a spy and opening your eyes then?

FatDogg
02-03-04, 17:10
And enormous bats in the crystal caves, those little pussy bats should be nothing compared to my behemoth tank, come on now...

Original monk
02-03-04, 17:12
more mobs

bigger mobs

new mobs

more lethal mobs

more loot in mobs

and more of that :P

Tratos
03-03-04, 19:15
why arnt these things still in game????

http://koti.welho.com/jvalkon2/cron/beta3.jpg ME WANTS!!

~Tratos

GT_Rince
03-03-04, 19:24
Originally posted by Elric

I remember when Warbot's were scraping the roof of OZ station (inside) that was the scariest sight ever.

LOL - I remember that...

Yeah ... we want big-ass mobs. Grim chasers should be something to be scared of. As it is, I can run up to one, sexx it a few times until it spawns (has babies :D), and my shelter, heal and INQ 4 armor means I hardly get scraped. No 120/120 mob should be like this.

Psyco Groupie
03-03-04, 19:37
Think those are ingame at 1/10 scale as those pesky tenticle things

MrChumble
03-03-04, 19:38
Bigger would be nice, but what I really want is more powerful, something thats a real challenge to kill and takes ages to solo with genuine risk of death.
They shouldn't be too fast or too bright though or newbies will be screwed :D

See my Warbot Commander thread. Mmmm Commanders....

Bengalmin
03-03-04, 20:26
I'd rather have lots of mobs than bigger ones. swarms of the buggers. imagine something about as hard as a raptor spider but 20 or 30 of them in a swarm, you wouldn't want agro from all of them and would add a nice change to the hunting element. if you made 1 in 50 drop a tech part it would be worth clearing them out

Strych9
03-03-04, 20:29
Bigger mobs = bigger pain in the ass for melee users. Nothing like attacking a mob when you cant see its health OR whether or not you are damaging it. :rolleyes: