PDA

View Full Version : Hitting People in Vehicles

Elric
01-03-04, 15:14
I have a little gripe abut the ability to hit people in vehicles.

its a poll, so vote on coming suggestion.

I agree with being able to hiy people in vehicles. Its real enuf as most of themn are open in one way or the other as you are exposed. However.

When sitting in a Jeep for example You are exposed at the sides only.

Why is it you can still hit a character from behind?

There is a ton of metal between you and someone shooting .. say a tank or jeep gun during a chase.. between the gun and the target, so realistically, it should NOT be able to hit the character unless its from the side.. where the player IS exposed.

Same could go for the trike, in a sense that its only really exposed from the front and sides (the turret type gun is in the way from that back).

Not a major thing I guess, but it is a bit stupid being able to hit anyone from any angle even when theyre supposedly blocked by vehicle bits. Wouldnt really be an issue with the others (bikes, red car, hover) as they are graphically exposed anyway.

Give a new twist to combating vehicles instead of the stale, shoot person then blow vehicle attitude that has developed.

Stigmata
01-03-04, 15:20
while i do think it is lame that you can be hit from the back i also think you shood be able to becuase if you make it line of sight from the windows monks will be the only ones to benefit as they have no need for los with halos and beams.

haven't voted becuase i cant decide

Elric
01-03-04, 15:22
probably should have been clearer, sorry.

I was thinking only actually Targettable from the Sides and/or Front, whchever applies.

Candaman
01-03-04, 15:45
what if ur a tall guy and ur head pokes out the top can u then be shot from behind?

GT_Rince
01-03-04, 15:56
Originally posted by Elric

Why is it you can still hit a character from behind?

There is a ton of metal between you and someone shooting .. say a tank or jeep gun during a chase..

Yeah - but it was fun though bud :D

Elric
01-03-04, 15:57
Originally posted by Candaman
what if ur a tall guy and ur head pokes out the top can u then be shot from behind?

theres still a big ass turret in the way :p

and yeah rince, it was fun. But its still a silly thing :p

metalangel
01-03-04, 16:07
I was driving near c_11 yesterday and the Y-rep managed to hit me, at extreme range, as I was driving AWAY from him in my car. Sorry, but vehicles should provide more protection. Or at least absorb *some* of the damage. Heck, if anything, to take into account you could duck down inside the car as you're being attacked.

GT_Rince
01-03-04, 16:08

and yeah rince, it was fun. But its still a silly thing :p

You know what, being chased by that tank over 2 zones has to be one of the funniest / exciting things for ages. If you could have seen me, I would have been hitting you on the back of the head with a rolled up paper :D

But yeah, they should not have been able to do any damage to us from the back - or perhaps less damage...

Elric
01-03-04, 16:29
so thats why i bloody crashed when zoning!

you and yer negative energy ... :p

Im telling ya though, woulda easily outran it if it werent for the blasted crash.

Im blaming you for that now.

hrhum...

YEs, even some absorption of the damage would be acceptable, but realistically, it should really be total protection from the un-exposed angles.

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 16:34
its fine as it is, if you can hit em em you can hit em .. if the vehicle is armored you cant ... ?! 8| :rolleyes: :angel:

Elric
01-03-04, 16:38
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
its fine as it is, if you can hit em em you can hit em .. if the vehicle is armored you cant ... ?! 8| :rolleyes: :angel:

thats me point though m8. The Jeep is armoured and has visually, complete protection from the front and rear. So why can you target and hit from behind?

it just looks and seems silly to me.

Organics
01-03-04, 17:18
Agreed.

It irritates me no end when I am out killing WB's, and so when I get low HP I jump back into the Chaincraft (deliberately pointing it away from the WB for a quick getaway, AND the supposed protection of the rear armour/shell/whatever) and drive away, only problem is then the WB is still blasting me in the back. Have no problem with the rocket hitting me, after all, it's a rocket :P AoE is fine, but regular beam/projectile weapons is highly annoying when you have a foot or so of armour between you and the hostile.

L3m0n
01-03-04, 17:30
i vote yes but not be able to hit people in rinos, if you can see them you should be able to hit them..

Original monk
01-03-04, 17:40
Originally posted by Candaman

only if the driver is actually a monk who has all strenght specced in heavy combat and transport OR a spy that wears the regular "shelter" monk armour and only uses a str.based boosterbackbone ... and this is only when you are driving in odd zones (fe: J_01, B_03, K_05)... not the even zones (fe: J_02, B_04, K_06).

BUT: chances of being hit are smaller when you do drugs: by these i mean destrosol (& forte) and thyronol. (altough it works sumthimes with ferinerol and etharudol also)

OR: ya can yust put youre seat a bit backwords, will do the job yust fine normally :)

rhPhMe
01-03-04, 18:03
Monk can you mail me on saturn about that trade

if you still want to trade

Omnituens
01-03-04, 18:32
I was thinking only actually Targettable from the Sides and/or Front, whchever applies.
just because you cant see the hitbox doesnt mean a monk cant hit them.