PDA

View Full Version : Did rocket aiming get worse?

Lanigav
01-03-04, 09:36
Recently I've been using nothing but my Malediction since the last patch, but I decided to switch gears and use my Moonstriker again just for shits and giggles.

Every single rocket I fire goes absolutely nowhere I'm aiming, and I end up doing more damage to myself than what I'm shooting at most of the time. It was kinda bad before, but they at least when fired they went in the general area that you were aiming. Now they're pulling some 90 degree turns and its basically made the gun completely unviable to me. God forbid I use it in a team in a narrow cave. I have 204% aiming on it btw. I love my Moonie and the sound of crunching lettuce it makes, and it greatly depresses me that I can't use it an any real functional way.

Did KK secretly nerf the aiming? Because something is REALLY wrong. There's somewhat unpredictable aim, and there's totally broken aim.

Edit - Forgot to mention its the exact same deal with the RK drones.

naimex
01-03-04, 09:42
hmm..

nope..

Judgement Day Launcher hits whatever I am aiming at..

So imo itīs better...

(I have full cap on it with heavy buff 2 or 3)

n3m
01-03-04, 11:33
Originally posted by Lanigav
lots of text here

Yep, only crouching and aiming at your feet gives good aim.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
|.........................................................................|
|.........................................................................|......................... ..........................................................BooM
|....................................O...................................|
|__________________________________________|

^
If the O is the crosshair 99% chance the rocket will hit the red boom

yer im bored

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 11:34
mod handling . com

El_MUERkO
01-03-04, 11:40
Are you shooting in 3rd person?

El Barto
01-03-04, 11:58
U might be shooting at some thing to close, also remmeber to crouch and be in 1st person.

Lanigav
01-03-04, 21:26
I'm crouching, in first person, Moonie has 120% handling with 204% aiming rating. Still, the rockets move all wonky.

jernau
01-03-04, 21:33
Did rocket aiming get worse?

I don't need to test this - No. It is totally impossible for rocket aiming to be any worse than it is/has been.

Max Jefferson
01-03-04, 21:42
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
|.........................................................................|......................... ..........................................................BooM
|....................................O...................................| <--- wtf is this? This some new kind of crazy resolution?
|.........................................................................| This is a shocking graphic and I vote it be striken from the record.
|__________________________________________|

n3m
02-03-04, 13:21
Originally posted by Max Jefferson

What? You don't know that resolution? Its 280*195*8
Not only is it very small, you won't get any FPS increase with it either o_O

StryfeX
02-03-04, 17:56
Recently I've been using nothing but my Malediction since the last patch, but I decided to switch gears and use my Moonstriker again just for shits and giggles.

Every single rocket I fire goes absolutely nowhere I'm aiming, and I end up doing more damage to myself than what I'm shooting at most of the time. It was kinda bad before, but they at least when fired they went in the general area that you were aiming. Now they're pulling some 90 degree turns and its basically made the gun completely unviable to me. God forbid I use it in a team in a narrow cave. I have 204% aiming on it btw. I love my Moonie and the sound of crunching lettuce it makes, and it greatly depresses me that I can't use it an any real functional way.

Did KK secretly nerf the aiming? Because something is REALLY wrong. There's somewhat unpredictable aim, and there's totally broken aim.

Edit - Forgot to mention its the exact same deal with the RK drones. Rocket launcher aiming's always been fucked up. I wish they'd get rid of the damn drunken rockets and just fly straight!

--Stryfe