PDA

View Full Version : does anyone understand the skillguide on announcement forum completely?

Shujin
01-03-04, 01:23
im tryin to find out how to calculate damage and rof of some weapons with certain stats but i cant really figure out how

because it says how much weplore r-c/p-c etc affects it but doesnt say how to calculate it with different TL's

"Heavy Damage: 0.8(80%) HC + 0.2(20%) WPL

Heavy Frequency: 0.5(50%) HC + 0.2(20%) WPL + 0.3(30%) STR"

ok thats nice but a TL 1 weapons is easier to cap than a TL 100...

KramerTheWeird
01-03-04, 01:26
they purposely left out part of the formula so you can't calculate any attributes using it unfortunately, just know what skills affect it :/

Shujin
01-03-04, 01:27
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
they purposely left out part of the formula so you can't calculate any attributes using it unfortunately, just know what skills affect it :/ >;o *raises hand* go find the rest *gets ready to smack *

kerdezixe
01-03-04, 02:29
Of course no. and it's a good thing !

You have to find yourself how it works ! This make the difference between a noob and a power-gamer.

About the TL thing, read the guide again and again and again, find The Answer and don't trust it ;)

Have a nice lom.

Sleawer
01-03-04, 03:44
I haven't tried myself, but if you know the result (=last value on the weapon) and its TL you should be fine.

Gotta try to calculate it for fun :p

jernau
01-03-04, 03:50
There are other sources ;).

Shujin
01-03-04, 04:08
Originally posted by jernau
There are other sources ;). you sure are specific

jernau
01-03-04, 04:09
Originally posted by Shujin
you sure are specific

As specific as I intended to be :).

Shujin
01-03-04, 04:18
As specific as I intended to be :). which isnt at all specific o.0

jernau
01-03-04, 04:21
which isnt at all specific o.0

Specifically unspecific you could say.

Shujin
01-03-04, 04:24
Specifically unspecific you could say. or just unspecifically specific.

u could pm me other sources if u want though

sanityislost
01-03-04, 05:32
and me 2 while ur at it

Callash
01-03-04, 05:38
Yeah, me too oO

Shujin
01-03-04, 05:40
Originally posted by Callash
Yeah, me too oO did i ever tell u i loved joo? of course i did ;]

extract
01-03-04, 05:44
There are other sources ;).

and that is exactly why the "other source" has such a high state of idiotic shit going on..........

Shujin
01-03-04, 06:08
Originally posted by extract
and that is exactly why the "other source" has such a high state of idiotic shit going on.......... if ur tryin to hint at the test server, it'd be a bit stupid to test on the test server because 1. thats not what the test server is for and 2. they are constantly changing the formulas on the test server, atm they are changing how TL affects damage and stuff. so it wouldnt help to test on there and get on retail and try it out and it will be completely wrong.

extract
01-03-04, 06:30
if ur tryin to hint at the test server, it'd be a bit stupid to test on the test server because 1. thats not what the test server is for and 2. they are constantly changing the formulas on the test server, atm they are changing how TL affects damage and stuff. so it wouldnt help to test on there and get on retail and try it out and it will be completely wrong.

I was reffering to what he was reffering to, and I know all about the TS rules, its like preaching to the choir

jernau
01-03-04, 06:32
Originally posted by extract
I was reffering to what he was reffering to, and I know all about the TS rules, its like preaching to the choir

I never mentioned the TS.

extract
01-03-04, 06:41
I never mentioned the TS.

well outside of playing on retail there really is NO other source, so either you were being a dick and saying that for shits and giggles or you were reffering to TS.......so which is it?

Talismar
01-03-04, 06:51
They certainly left information out.

Basically they've told us what attributes & skills effect what but thats about it.

Given the information they provided so far I haven't puzzled out the entire thing ... could be TL as someone alluded to. I have a feeling there is more then just TL factored in but thats just my thought.