PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Dueling Tournament

Clownst0pper
01-03-04, 00:00
OK, just had it.

A hybrid won it, then a LOD tank second, Pro melee tank third, Myself 4th.

Needless to say it was bogged down with stupidly low fps (myself had 8)

And everyone was drugging like mad, which IMO is sad.

Oh, and I beat VetteroX 2:0 in the duels, he got kicked out straight away. :lol:

Other than that it was ok o_O

-=Bl@de=-
01-03-04, 00:08
How lame, who let hybrids into this. Everyone knows they pwn 1>1

Ah well not a bad event, i did rather shite tbh (thats what u get for playing 7 chars).

Punisher-X
01-03-04, 13:54
I guesse you beating him 2:0 will explain why he hasn't posted how there is noone on Saturn that could possibly beat him in the past day or two :lol:

Congrats to the winners of the tourney.

Original monk
01-03-04, 14:06
2 bad i didnt see that event or duel :) it looked fun as i hear ya guys talkin about it.

also it doesnt suprises me that vet was out right away: its cause of he's computer: fatals, fps, wrecked GFXcard or bugged neocron install, he's little bro pulling out the electric cord or he's mom commin in to ask what he wants for dinner and by this disturbing he's duels ... or sumthing with he's optical mouse that yust showed weird errors ... but im sure it hasnt anything to do with he's skills :)

anyways: congratulations to all the winners and ffcourse to you ikari for the nice 4th place :) (what did ya got as a price ??)

and for the hybrid: who was it ? and did he used beams and regular shelter or halo's and blessed shelter ??

anyways good luck and have fun :)

Elric
01-03-04, 14:09
Originally posted by Original monk
.....computer: fatals, fps, wrecked GFXcard or bugged neocron install, he's little bro pulling out the electric cord or he's mom comm...

hehe, Reminds me of Rince in NF the other night. Got so excited he flipped his cordless optical off the desk... had to wait for him to stick the batteries back in :lol:

was very funny...

or was it Xio.... I forget now...

DigestiveBiscui
01-03-04, 14:32
pld ik baby :)

i didnt know the tourney existed :( would of come along if i knew

as for vet - as long as you beat him with something other than a CS or ROLH he has no excuse :)

Ronald Rodriguez
01-03-04, 15:01
Next Time, take a look into the "Neocron World Event " Forum.
Hope to get then more registrations.

Here´s the Thread about the Tournament yesterday :

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91537

Saludos

Clownst0pper
01-03-04, 15:09
The image you all have been waiting for...

http://www.mercury.walagata.com/view.php?file=shot0038.JPG

ONOZ NERF THE KORO! :D

DigestiveBiscui
01-03-04, 15:59
don't work for me :( i'm at college though so that could be the reason

Punisher-X
01-03-04, 16:02
Don't work for me either.
Shame, there goes my new windows background o_O

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 16:03
doesnt work :/

Clownst0pper
01-03-04, 16:03
OK i am fixing it! bear with me :D

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 16:05
put it whereever your sig is :P

Clownst0pper
01-03-04, 16:11
Thats what Im trying to fix.

Would anyone like to host a picture of VETTEROX DEAD?

by the hand of KORO? :D

DigestiveBiscui
01-03-04, 16:13
his PE or tank?

GT_Rince
01-03-04, 16:13
Originally posted by Elric
hehe, Reminds me of Rince in NF the other night. Got so excited he flipped his cordless optical off the desk... had to wait for him to stick the batteries back in :lol:

was very funny...

'Twas me :D

Clownst0pper
01-03-04, 16:14
His lovely tank, who im sure he claimed was un-beatable :D

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 16:14
check j00r pms

DigestiveBiscui
01-03-04, 16:15
his tank is shit.......pe is the one he shows off about

ezza
01-03-04, 16:19
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Thats what Im trying to fix.

Would anyone like to host a picture of VETTEROX DEAD?

by the hand of KORO? :D lol its kinda funny the rep hes buit up to the point where people would want to have his picture posted of him dead.

im sure a few people have a pic of him dead, i got one of his tank when he killed self at a op to get better buffs :p

from looking at the list theres a lot of people who didnt enter that would do well.

though that blade one is a bit nibbish:angel:

Clownst0pper
01-03-04, 16:20
I know blades better than 99% of saturn fighters, i know for a fact, I dont need some half assed Duels to tell me so.

He just gets nervous :lol:

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 16:22
Here we go:
http://www.p3n.nildram.co.uk/images/cron/deadvett.jpg

Post your hud scheme will ya :P

ezza
01-03-04, 16:30
shame that guys like tuxy or element[] didnt enter(or did they?) i recon those guys would of done well.

i saw on one screeny that zoneseek was there, did he fight, i know the last time an event like this was done think it was zone on his PE that won

DigestiveBiscui
01-03-04, 16:31
gimmie teh RPOS plz

btw PM box = full

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 17:03
RPOS RPOS RPOS!!1

need super resist RPOS!

either that or I lost my grey rpos in a run of unfortunate pc failiers o_O

-=Bl@de=-
01-03-04, 17:37
I know blades better than 99% of saturn fighters, i know for a fact, I dont need some half assed Duels to tell me so.

He just gets nervous :lol:

omg i was shaking like mad i dunno why tho (how sad lol)
Me + koro > all LOL

Clownst0pper
01-03-04, 17:39
omg i was shaking like mad i dunno why tho (how sad lol)

Its called Adrenalin :p

Me + koro > all LOL

2 true m8, 2 true.

Dare anyone to take on the tag team!!! :eek:

g0rt
02-03-04, 10:27
Originally posted by ezza
shame that guys like tuxy or element[] didnt enter(or did they?) i recon those guys would of done well.

i saw on one screeny that zoneseek was there, did he fight, i know the last time an event like this was done think it was zone on his PE that won

I was there for 5 minutes. I play my dueler (pistol PE) once or twice a week for fights at the most, I gotta know about these htings at least a week in advanced so i can get back into my PE intime. I heard about this tournament the night before just as I was going out, and by the time I got home I basically passed out on my bed so there was definately no time for practice.

I will be at every single pvp tournament on saturn, assuming I hear about it in time enough to get my aim back on my PE...it doesn't happen overnight for me.

The three pvp tournmants I have won on saturn, I had played my PE non stop for a week before in each case.

As for the hybrid winning, shame on that player. A properly setup hybrid cannot LOSE a duel, I cannot imagine that anyone would be lame enough to bring a hybrid to a pvp tournament. Why not just bring a PPU with a tl20 smg? :rolleyes: And yes..I have a capped (all but int) hybrid, but no i would never show up to a pvp tournament with him.

Original monk
02-03-04, 10:49
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Here we go:
http://www.p3n.nildram.co.uk/images/cron/deadvett.jpg

Well I've arrived at my new home in cell three,
I looked around and what did I see?
One of them clowns is one of my enemies,
Gotta stay down so I make me some tea,
It's goin down in the mornin on me,
Soon as they say "Hey line up," let's leave
Right now just as safe as can be,
But when we hit the kitchen maaan sleep.

g0rt
02-03-04, 10:53
oh btw ikari is that theme your using my theme? if not, holy shit it looks exactly hte same

if it is, you can get it here psycho:

http://www.zoneseek.ca/downloads/rposcolor.ini

even if its not the same one, its extremely extremely close i can tell from the colors in the screenshot....

Clownst0pper
02-03-04, 12:02
Yup its yours zoneseek :angel:

Devils Grace
02-03-04, 12:06
Koro

dont make me start posting the pics i got from u dead the latest days :p ;) :angel:

Rade
02-03-04, 12:07
hey clownie want to grab a duel on testserver tonite or something?

**edit: hell Id like to fight blade too.

btw, adrenaline is the only way to fly.

DigestiveBiscui
02-03-04, 12:42
i used zones RPOS last night

fuck me it takes a while to get used to :p

Fawkes
02-03-04, 13:59
Originally posted by g0rt
As for the hybrid winning, shame on that player. A properly setup hybrid cannot LOSE a duel, I cannot imagine that anyone would be lame enough to bring a hybrid to a pvp tournament. Why not just bring a PPU with a tl20 smg? :rolleyes: And yes..I have a capped (all but int) hybrid, but no i would never show up to a pvp tournament with him.

plus he was taking drugs before each fight.

Rade
02-03-04, 14:02
Im always amazed when people let hybrids duel o_O Like last FN,
me and roro wanted to try to take down a load of people (me on
melee tank), I think it was us 2 vs 7 ppl, in the end it was just me
and a hybrid left, what the fuck are you supposed to do? :(

Original monk
02-03-04, 14:05
Originally posted by Fawkes
plus he was taking drugs before each fight.

but WHO was it ? and did he use blessed shelter/ halo's or did he used regular shelter/beams or sumthing ?

Fawkes
02-03-04, 14:16
His name was Emerald 'Deadeye' Flint. He was running at light year speed and had pretty good defenses and he was using a beam. And, of course, he had no reticle.

Peeping Tom
02-03-04, 14:20
Originally posted by Fawkes
His name was Emerald 'Deadeye' Flint. He was running at light year speed and had pretty good defenses and he was using a beam. And, of course, he had no reticle.

afaik he use HL

K4F

$tormbringer
02-03-04, 14:21
and he lost against a spy one fight ^^

the fights were cool... sad that i only won once but hey what r u supposed to do as a spy? :P

i think next time drugs should be forbidden for all classes xept spies :P

uhm zone that ppu + tl 20 uzi is not a bad idea... ill try that in the next tourney i think ^^

Fawkes
02-03-04, 14:42
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
afaik he use HL

K4F
Oh. Didn't notice I guess.

Sleawer
02-03-04, 14:46
Could he run-cast it?

$tormbringer
02-03-04, 15:00
yep he could runcast it...

Clownst0pper
02-03-04, 18:18
Would love to Rade, sadly my test server knowledge is zero, but ill look into it, as soon as im on there, we will fight.

@ Devils grace, too my knowledge I havnt lost in an OP war, recently when the numbers are even..And I dont pretend to be invincible :D

Otherwise, sure ull have shots of me hitting the dirt, anyone who says they dont are either A) Lying, B) Permanently Stealth.

$tormbringer
02-03-04, 18:31
or c) a very good ppu :P

(no im not saying that im a good one :P)

dr.fish
02-03-04, 19:56
Garriot from LoD is the win tbh :)

too bad i couldnt make it :( , i love PvP tournaments, and that same afternoon i won once against garriot in NF... ( and lost 2 times :P )

KimmyG
02-03-04, 20:32
Koro did you FC decorate you for that win? Vet must be the best player in the game.

Spys could easily win a tourney, With shelter they can take a real beating and that slasher hurts like nothing else

Clownst0pper
02-03-04, 20:34
Koro did you FC decorate you for that win? Vet must be the best player in the game.

Everyone just laughed @ Vet and I got about 50 post messages saying "congrats" "its about time" and alot worse...

Its worth it :D

KimmyG
02-03-04, 20:35
Everyone just laughed @ Vet and I got about 50 post messages saying "congrats" "its about time" and alot worse...

Its worth it :D

Hmmm someone who has one some many fights loses twice and it gives everyone a hard on. Thats a clean mock

g0rt
02-03-04, 20:37
Vet has the same problem I have. Tons of chars, always switching around...never sticking to any single one of them.

Thats why I need a week in advance to get back into my PE before duels. I dunno why he took his tank when he has hardly been ON his tank as far as I have seen......

Clownst0pper
02-03-04, 20:37
Hmmm someone who has one some many fights loses twice and it gives everyone a hard on. Thats a clean mock

With his ego, yes it is a big thing, but Vet has no excuses, he has never faught me, and I got the impression he thought he was going to win.

ive been playing NC for over a year, and have pvped 90% of it.

I dont claim to be the best, But I know im up there with them 'on saturn'

I just h8 people who claim they cant be beat..and then loose 2:0.

Even worse when I came off with about 545 HP and my cap is 590...

I just found that its all stories thrown out of proportion, maybe why he has been quiet on the forums for so long. :p :lol:

Strych9
02-03-04, 20:56
The Vet sympathizers are far more entertaning than the Vet mockers. But that comes from a Vet mocker of course. ;)

The way he mouths off on here, he has NO excuse. He entered that tournament which indicated he thought he could win. End of story. I mean, the devs had to put in more guards and turrets just cause he couldnt be stopped in tech haven... so clearly clownstopper shouldnt have been able to beat him. :rolleyes:

And his silence is far more conspicuous than his loss, for that matter.

I guess maybe Vet thought that the format of the tournament was that his opponents would be in low level chars fighting 3 launchers at once when the fight started...:confused:

g0rt
02-03-04, 21:03
Vet mockers are nibs

I used to be a vet mocker

Then I realised he was one of this games best players, win or lose a duel here or a duel there when he hasn't had any practice is besides the point, if I had to choose one player on this forum to go raid a HQ with or go into a 2v2 with my ppu it would be vet...

I would say me and vets neofrag matches have been about even, were both on the same side so i doubt either of us have ever counted exactly how many WINS and LOSES we have against each other, its irrelevant....but i think its pretty even. The thing is, alot of the self proclaimed "best players" on saturn I have taken 5-0 or worse in Neofrag, so yeah...they get no respect from me.

The best players I have personally ever played with, meaning they can handle themselves efficiently and hardly ever die on the field, would have to be rizzy, vetterox and divide. kimmyg and w33man are the win too but they die more :p u accept that mock kimmyg? :p

Rade
02-03-04, 21:06
I have great respect for Vets skill, hes easily among the best 5
players Ive ever fought. I dont like him but thats a completely
different issue.

ezza
02-03-04, 21:08
vet loses 2 fights big deal, howmany has he won? hell of a lot more.

i could of entered and won, despite not having much practice of late, but what would that prove? nothing

you guys need a bad guy, vets providing it.

edit: but everyone loves rade:p

edit edit:

I guess maybe Vet thought that the format of the tournament was that his opponents would be in low level chars fighting 3 launchers at once when the fight started... do you actually belive thats all hes capable of?

Strych9
02-03-04, 21:11
Dont say "Vett is good" and think that in ANY way counters those that mock him.

NO ONE says he isnt good.

If you dont understand yet why he is mocked, then I dont think I can explain it any further.

Just dont let yourself think that because Vett is skilled that people do or should like him or respect him.

edit:
do you actually belive thats all hes capable of?Its called sarcasm.

Is that all he is capable of? Of course not. But here was his chance to show that in an EVEN fight... no guards, no PPUs, no whining about numbers... what he is capable of...

ezza
02-03-04, 21:14
bleh

Strych9
02-03-04, 21:47
Originally posted by ezza
bleh Indeed.

In closing let me add this:

When you are good, real good, you are expected to win.

And when you lose, its a big deal for whoever beats you.

Bragging about skill simply makes the wins less of a big deal and the losses a bigger deal.

Regardless of who we are talking about.

Think about Vett as the NY Yankees of Neocron. Hated, and expected to win.

Devils Grace
03-03-04, 00:09
Would love to Rade, sadly my test server knowledge is zero, but ill look into it, as soon as im on there, we will fight.

@ Devils grace, too my knowledge I havnt lost in an OP war, recently when the numbers are even..And I dont pretend to be invincible :D

Otherwise, sure ull have shots of me hitting the dirt, anyone who says they dont are either A) Lying, B) Permanently Stealth.

cough cough

Caves at catlock and crp wich it was a very good fight

me and a ppu against u a ppu and 2 tanks

forgot things quiclkly dont u

KimmyG
03-03-04, 01:05
Simply put Vet is one of the best I have fought I hold him right near top with Tuxy,element[] and zoneseek.

Clownst0pper
03-03-04, 12:36
me and a ppu against u a ppu and 2 tanks

Are you talking about when u and twist3d came to cycrow when 4 pro attacked it for the laugh?

Sure we died when dest and every fucker else turned up, dont make out it was just u..

Devils Grace
03-03-04, 12:50
ROFL

Dest

he and murphie came when u were down already and we went afetr the ppu

do bullshit, i dont consider urself a bullshit person.....

i respect u even if ur not in clan anymore

but just kuz ur not in clan dont start saying that u own and the rest suck....

Clownst0pper
03-03-04, 13:44
Hmm, I really am confused when this occasion is! :eek:

But ive died to cartel lots so it could be one of many :p

$tormbringer
03-03-04, 15:20
ah thats y our ppl died when u had like 5 ppl there.... ok ok...

btw next time u try to kill a ppu antibuff him...

Devils Grace
03-03-04, 16:27
Originally posted by $tormbringer
ah thats y our ppl died when u had like 5 ppl there.... ok ok...

btw next time u try to kill a ppu antibuff him...

haha me knows

the thing i was wating for mana to refull, and since u were so close to the damn GR i just tried to poison the crap out of u so u would die on the other side :D

$tormbringer
03-03-04, 17:54
i was on full hp the whole time :P