PDA

View Full Version : APUs And Tanks

wargolem
29-02-04, 19:45
Right i know monaing is really boring and everyone has heard it all before but i think this point needs some discussion.

Right The tanks got a significant boost last patch which was in all fairness was probably needed. But when i came back to NC after the new patch had been implemented and saw the new tank damage i thought there must be some sort of mistake it was really high, Also my clan mate who plays a tank was saying how he best enjoy the damage while he can beacuse no doubt it will be reduced very soon.

The tank damage on CS, Speedgat and Male is now high enough that is very close the the apu damage and they have a damage sub type. This in my opinion makes tanks stronger than apus beacuse they can do nearly the same damage in more versitile ways and they can take alot more of a beating.

Now i dont know if this boost was designed to give the tanks and apus really high damage and just give the apus the benefit of the point click system im unsure. But realisitcally i think that either tanks need a slight damage reduction or Apus need a damage boost. Or apus need spells that do large amounts of pure xray and/or force to give them the same versitility that the tanks have.

I put it to the GMs that if they dont belive me that tank damage is only a little less than apus then check it for yourselfs.

Sorry again for moaning

WargoleM

Dribble Joy
29-02-04, 19:48
CS, dev and speedy dmg was accidentally increased, should be fixed next patch.

APU (read: HL) dmg was nerfed, this should be fixed next patch.

CarniFlex
29-02-04, 20:06
isnt there already threads about this?
And its not moaning, its the more prefered term "whining". :p

Heavyporker
29-02-04, 20:12
Not just dmg. Range. Seriously.

Unnerf Chaos Queen Flameavalanche's range.

And I don't believe monks should be able to do xray, really.

But, yes, a level 3 PSI Attack spell, TL 100+ store-bought (same scale as the store-bought antibuffs), with serious nail-gun style knockback, would be appropriate.

Psyco Groupie
29-02-04, 20:50
the 'trends' on this forum really do show a lack of ... something

:rolleyes:

CarniFlex
29-02-04, 21:21
the 'trends' on this forum really do show a lack of ... something

Creativism, backstabbing, boredom, communism or originality come on dude dont leave me out here. Cant guess what you were going to say. plz plz plz plz

Bl@zed
29-02-04, 21:23
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
CS, dev and speedy dmg was accidentally increased, should be fixed next patch.

APU (read: HL) dmg was nerfed, this should be fixed next patch.

only cannon that wasn't meant to recieve a boost was Devourer, CS isn't getting nerfed.

Invertigo
29-02-04, 21:32
TBH i think they should leave CS damage the same...i know its going to change since it was an accident but still...i kind like it now, its more suiting...a big bulky guy running around with a fucking cannon taking up half his body size with a swirly around it should be uber IMO...

BUT i thinkt he dev needs some nerfage in the damage area, as it is my 90 poisin resist in con plus VK armor just doesnt do shit, even with a holy shelter, this shows that there is somthing wrong witht he poisin (obviously since the shelter would basically block 80% of the fire damage and poisin bypasses shelter)

i also noticed that with just one burst it doesnt do much, but if i stand still for ONE while its unloading on me, ill be pretty much dead, if not already on the ground.

edit: i also forgot to say that HL damage will be upped again, and most likely they will do it way to much and fucking overpower the shit out of it...

Shadow Dancer
29-02-04, 21:47
lol invertigo. You just might be right. Knowing KK, they'll mess up and super overpower the HL. That would be so funny. :lol:

Possessed
29-02-04, 21:54
Originally posted by Invertigo
TBH i think they should leave CS damage the same...i know its going to change since it was an accident but still...i kind like it now, its more suiting...a big bulky guy running around with a fucking cannon taking up half his body size with a swirly around it should be uber IMO...

Yes it should be fucking powerful... but most tanks want to run like the fucking wind itself when using it... so....

wargolem
29-02-04, 22:45
groupie 1st off shut up your comment isnt constructive or on the thread topic and 2nd agreed the big cannon on a tanks shoulder should be strong but so should like a million volt beam comming from the sky if u know what i mean, apus should easily outdamage tanks there is absolutly no question about it as soon as tanks do more/the same damage as apus then no one will use apus cos tanks last longer aswell, started to happen already on pluto