PDA

View Full Version : Behavior

Crackitakk
29-02-04, 19:19
Is it just me or is everyone in neocron rude, seems like u cant just lose and get ur belt back peacefully....if u do make the mistake of asking for your belt back the responce is terribly smug and the person who killed you often times sexes u and makes fun of u for getting killed by the guards and he sez HE killed u. When in this situation what can u do? bitch and swear at the dood who got ur belt? no theres nothing you can do but be angry, because 99.9999% of the time, the guy who killed you WONT give your belt back.

This brings me to my conclusion; everyone in this game (on saturn anyways) is rude, mean and narcissistic.....and if anyone sez theyre not the best a fight breaks out....a bitchy, 10 year old fight...it pisses me off seeing so many rude people...all hacking away at eachothers belts. someones gotta do something

J. Folsom
29-02-04, 19:25
And what exactly is the problem?
People are people.

And there's nothing odd about them killing you again if you go and get your belt back while they're still around. If you've just gotten mugged then you don't tell the mugger "Jolly good show, old chap, now could I have my money back? Why not meet again later for tea.". This is basically the same principle, except that it's generally armor which get's mugged.

•Super|\|ova•
29-02-04, 19:26
Before this thread gets closed I want to point out that that's the reason why I don't play on Saturn but on Pluto.

Max Jefferson
29-02-04, 19:27
This brings me to my conclusion; everyone in this game (on saturn anyways) is rude, mean and narcissistic.....and if anyone sez theyre not the best a fight breaks out....a bitchy, 10 year old fight...it pisses me off seeing so many rude people...all hacking away at eachothers belts. someones gotta do something I hear ya, but I think it's a bit of a broad, sweeping generalisation to say they're all rude... it's just the loud ones :(

In my view, the best PKers are the ones that don't sex your body, don't question your parentage, and don't camp your belt. Simply cause they don't need to do the above to satisfy their egos, simply killing you is enough. The lesser PKers must feel they need to sex, insult and camp belts to be uber somehow.

When I kill someone (very infrequently, don't PvP much anymore), I find there is nothing better after a good win then to "/e greetings" infront of the body of your victim. Adds a touch of class in my opinion :)

ZoomZoom
29-02-04, 19:29
yup

saturn a mean place im thinking of going onto uranus or pluto they seem like a nice place :)

i <3 crackitakk

Nexxy
29-02-04, 19:31
4 days on saturn and i like it =P

Glok
29-02-04, 19:32
Hm, you gotta realize many PKers PK for loot as well as gloating rights. It's pretty unlikely you will get your stuff back in most situations.

VetteroX
29-02-04, 19:34
why would someone who killed you give you your belt back? When I get a rare or good item from a belt, its a rare and nice occasion.... im not gonna just hand back the rare.... fights in NF are for fun, if I kill someone outside of NF its because they are my enemy..... why would I give items back?

trust me, other servers arent different... saturn just has more people, so you get in more fights and argue with more people.

HumphreY
29-02-04, 19:35
Saturn is tough. No playground for carebears. Although there are still some of that rare spiecies occasionally :)

•Super|\|ova•
29-02-04, 19:36
Originally posted by VetteroX
why would someone who killed you give you your belt back? When I get a rare or good item from a belt, its a rare and nice occasion.... im not gonna just hand back the rare.... fights in NF are for fun, if I kill someone outside of NF its because they are my enemy..... why would I give items back?

trust me, other servers arent different... saturn just has more people, so you get in more fights and argue with more people.

Yup. Trust him or don't. It's your choice. I wouldn't.

Rade
29-02-04, 19:44
Yeah the attitude of some people amases me really.

r0x
29-02-04, 19:47
i just sex ppl after a long battle i finaly won :)

Rade
29-02-04, 19:51
Sexing corpses, GR camping (or any type of killing people with SI)
unless there is a specific reason for it, thrashtalking, zerging,
turret dropping midfight, ninja hacking etc etc. I dont see what
people get out of it. Interesting tho that its always the same
people doing it and that those people are always the fastest at
shouting about other people doing it regardless if thats true or
not.

Crackitakk
29-02-04, 20:05
ur rite, and not everyones like me i guess...not to be conceited...but. well i recently lommed from rifles to pistols. before i lommed i won about 40% of the fights i got into, now i win about 80% of them, i havn't hacked one belt....i have before i lommed, and i always give them there stuff back, and i guess thats weird, but....you know, if u do someone a favor maybe they will eventually do you one. I like to think of my best interests when killing someone, i try not to kill the wrong people. its just that thers this one type of person that NO ONE likes, its that person that keeps dm'ing u while in battle saying "cmon pussy u know you can do better" and afterwards they laugh at you and sex u and hack ur shit....those people are terrible, and there's simply too many of them. Just remember, the next time you pk someone, think of the effect it has on them, just try to go about it in a non bitch talking asswhipe way

ezza
29-02-04, 20:40
i love the attutiude on saturn, its dirty nasty abrasive, anamosity can brew, but its always good fun regardless.

ive been on pluto a bit of late, some times on one of my more public chars sometimes on my not so known char, and pluto is well umm simply put nice, i mean everyone is nice.

nothing wrong with that i guess, but i tend to miss the anarchy of saturn if im away from it for to long

Psyco Groupie
29-02-04, 20:44
If you speak english then your either playing a 18+ game (england) or 12 (usa / germany) ... do you really expect people to kiss and makeup after each fight ?

Shadow Dancer
29-02-04, 20:45
Originally posted by ezza

ive been on pluto a bit of late, some times on one of my more public chars sometimes on my not so known char, and pluto is well umm simply put nice, i mean everyone is nice.

Why don't you play pluto for real ezza? Not as some short time visitor. I find it hard to believe any longterm pvper on pluto can actually call it nice.

Vet is right(ouch :(), servers are not different. It's just about population. Well except Venus, their like 80% nice people over there LOL. But other than that, i'd say a large portion of saturn and pluto are kiddies. I know that's kind of generalization, but the massive amounts of shit talking one has to endure EVERY DAY on pluto is insane, and usually by the same people. It's like some make it their MISSION to shit talk and act 10 yrs old like um, all the time. It really takes the fun out of the game. It's amazing how I have nearly all of one clan on ignore. Ugh, i'm so sick of it.

There's LITERALLY 4-5 people I can count, that will not act stupid or talk shit if I were to kill them. I'm talking about enemies. That's pretty much all I can count.

Mattimeo
29-02-04, 21:03
My favorite part of playing on saturn is the sheer amount of trashtalk/insults/stupidity that flies my way because I'm near capped with my LE in. I love it, I think i found my true passion in the game;

Pissing off PKers by running around where they're PKing still just leveling.

Aside from that, yes the attitude/behaviour of the players is really poor.

2ply
29-02-04, 21:16
That's why I stopped playing pluto after I got a high level char. It's simply too nice. If I hack you belt and get something good, I'm keeping it. No hope in hell your getting it back.

That's the big difference between saturn and pluto. Pluto just seems to have... the nicer guys. Saturn on the other hand, has the trashtalking, in your face 'fuck you, too' type attitude to it.

That's why I like saturn.

CarniFlex
29-02-04, 21:18
2ply would you go so far as to say theyre abit more carebearish on pluto? :)

Yinyin
29-02-04, 21:20
Haha, I think the origninal poster is talking about me!!!

Crackitakk
29-02-04, 23:02
nah not u ash, but that doesnt matter....just wish people could, i dunno show some respect, if ur gonna hack there belt...ignore them when they start dming u. The best pkers are the ones with class, cuz they can pk the shit out of everyone and you will still love em cuz they have style, its not the oens that get lucky once and start shittalking....obviously

Dru Blood
29-02-04, 23:08
hmm well i started to pk quite alot these days and when i kill i tend to hack the belt aswell, i dont kill them at the gr when they come to collect there pack whats the point its not like im going to gain anything by killing him again.

i do it for the loot and the fame

crack i know what u mean about saturn some people are offensive, just ignore em m8 and get on with the game, after all it is a RPG so people are playing the role of a bastard and some people a saint, same in real life.

Clownst0pper
01-03-04, 00:05
Pluto players are nice as they need to keep players on there.

Saturn is for the hardcore, its a mini neptune. Its harsh, Brutal, and if your shit, you will soon shape up, or ship out.

Ezza knows his shit :cool:

Glok
01-03-04, 00:14
I think Pluto players are more respectable because they chose to play on a one char server, and even if they have multiple accounts, they are actually paying for those extra chars, and want to try to maintain a good reputation. There are some asshats, but they usually get rerolled or move to another server.

Like I said, having alts on Pluto requires money, and generally, those are the people that hold good jobs and have to work for a living and deal with idiots irl. Maybe Pluto is more relaxed because of that, I dunno. Makes sense to me anyways.

•Super|\|ova•
01-03-04, 00:29
Originally posted by Glok
Like I said, having alts on Pluto requires money, and generally, those are the people that hold good jobs and have to work for a living and deal with idiots irl. Maybe Pluto is more relaxed because of that, I dunno. Makes sense to me anyways.

Yup. And that also means that most of the guys who have multiple accounts aren't some kids whose mom is paying for the account. That means in most cases they are grown up which usually means they know how to behave!

•Super|\|ova•
01-03-04, 00:41
bleh.. accidentally quoted myself when I was gonna edit :) delete this.

StrongSad
01-03-04, 00:44
cant let your guard down for 1 second on saturn no matter what the situation. Faction and faction enemies rule engagement on saturn. Hell, I have had my enemy faction alts (sympathy) killed by people I know...EVER AFTER I TOLD THEM IT WAS ME. Thats now hardcore they are.

Uranus I can run into PP1 as a TT and talk with 4 BioTech, and not worry about getting ganked.

Saturn is fun, but can get annoying when people act like genuine a-holes (which many do). Uranus is fun too, but I practically do NO pvp there, and when I do people congratulate me on a good fight, which is odd to say the least. :)

Artie
01-03-04, 00:47
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Why don't you play pluto for real ezza? Not as some short time visitor. I find it hard to believe any longterm pvper on pluto can actually call it nice.

Vet is right(ouch :(), servers are not different. It's just about population. Well except Venus, their like 80% nice people over there LOL. But other than that, i'd say a large portion of saturn and pluto are kiddies. I know that's kind of generalization, but the massive amounts of shit talking one has to endure EVERY DAY on pluto is insane, and usually by the same people. It's like some make it their MISSION to shit talk and act 10 yrs old like um, all the time. It really takes the fun out of the game. It's amazing how I have nearly all of one clan on ignore. Ugh, i'm so sick of it.

There's LITERALLY 4-5 people I can count, that will not act stupid or talk shit if I were to kill them. I'm talking about enemies. That's pretty much all I can count.

OMFG YOU SO KILLED ME IN NF UNFARELEEEY!! OMFG U R APU AND NIID 2 BE NARFED HAWR HAWR TATLL TEECH J0000!!!111oneoneoenoenoe

<3

suler
01-03-04, 00:50
I've always done the greetings emote to dead people too max.

Psycho Killa
01-03-04, 00:55
Pluto is really fairy tale land where we hold hands and sing around a campfire.

I often give out lolly pops to my enemies in an attempt to make peace for all the bad blood between us.

Glok
01-03-04, 01:10
LMAO :D

2ply
01-03-04, 04:23
Originally posted by CarniFlex
2ply would you go so far as to say theyre abit more carebearish on pluto? :)

A bit?

Try alot. :p

IceStorm
01-03-04, 04:27
This brings me to my conclusion; everyone in this game (on saturn anyways) is rude, mean and narcissistic.
Move to Pluto. We're better people. :-)

SypH
01-03-04, 04:32
I like the attitude on Saturn. It gives me a reason to leave OOC and trade unmuted. Sometimes the verbal fights are much more fun=D

Organics
01-03-04, 04:41
Saturn is amusing, it reminds me of my days in Ultima Online.

None of it is really very annoying, most of the time if the behaviour is so juvenile then you can't really get offended by some moron spamming trashtalk because he's lost the ability to converse in a post-tr4sht4lkn00b era.

Often, watching the slanging matches between PKer and PKed is funny, although I've seen most of it before 3 or so years ago in UO, so it's a bit old hat :)

I don't mind being PKed, and if I'm red to some faction it's not PKing, it's PvPing. I also automatically assume they will attack me, 99% of the time on Saturn they will :) So it makes alot of fun.

Only stupid thing that does slightly irritate me is the idiots who kill you, then come deliberately all the way back to the GR and kill you again :rolleyes: Seems like a waste of time when there's no loot involved, loot and a good fight are the only reasons I'll PvP. But either way, you can always GR to your apartment instead, so they can't get you.

:)

Richard Blade
01-03-04, 04:46
I usually turn off the trade channels, and whatever else I might hear kiddies bragging on. That's easy enough to do.

I can even understand the PK'rs that hunt you for your belt.

What I don't get though, is the number of PK'rs that hit the bunker and kill newbies who have nothing in their belt that would be of value to the PK'r.
I was at the bunker on and off yesterday, most of my day. I saw over 20 newbies get whacked. Most were about level 31 or 32. Several were lower.

I saw 8 or 9 PK'rs running around. Tangent killed a Biotech. Biotech killed a Tangent. TG killed both Biotech and Tangent.
I didn't see any BD, not sure why. I understand red=dead.
But, a couple times, I saw these PK'rs go right past each other and in one case they said, "hi" to each other. *edit*They were faction enemies.*/edit*
??? WTF!!
They'll kill someone who can't defend themself and has no loot of value to them, but won't attack each other?
Yeah, welcome to Saturn.

I've been on Saturn since the beginning of U.S. retail. I have no characters on any other server.
I don't intend to start characters on any other server. With any luck, Neptune will eventually show up and all the real assholes will leave.

Organics
01-03-04, 04:50
Hehe :) PKers = People who kill any colour character regardless of faction

PvPer = someone who plays by the basic rules and kills only other red people.

Strange use of terms in this game :)

jernau
01-03-04, 05:01
Saturn is depressingly juvenile these days. :(

I play on the other servers more and more now and Saturn is the worst in many ways. My big 3 annoyances are :

1) Trashtalk - Too many people on Saturn act like they are still in kindergarten arguing over whose brother/father is hardest.
2) Killing allies - The only thing worse than "red=dead" is the muppets who just shoot at everyone they see. FA and TG attacking each other while BD just watch and laugh or pick of the stragglers is pathetic.
3) Lame kills - killing people with SI/in hacks/while wounded and fighting/etc and noob ganking are rife. I just don't see any point to that kind of thing.

All of these happen on all servers but they are 10x as common on Saturn for some reason. I think Glok is onto something with regard to why.

2ply
01-03-04, 05:41
Yeah, I actually do agree with the whole gr killing. I do it sometimes, thought, I admit it. But, normally the only reason I do it is because the dicks exploit the GR(you guys know what im talking about. one word: behind.) They're normally calling me a pussy, lamer, etc, even tho i killed them fairly O_o .

I find that the trade and ooc are the best part of saturn. The flame fests are just fucking hilarious.

trigger hurt
01-03-04, 05:42
Originally posted by Glok
I think Pluto players are more respectable because they chose to play on a one char server, and even if they have multiple accounts, they are actually paying for those extra chars, and want to try to maintain a good reputation. There are some asshats, but they usually get rerolled or move to another server.

Not exactly. I hold 2 good jobs and deal with idiots every day. Playing on saturn and having the possibility of one of the idiots there drop something special in his belt (3 slot devourer I got yesterday) is what I do to relax after a shitty day.

I go to pluto when i've vented my frustrations and can play calmly.

leGit v. 2
01-03-04, 05:48
wtf? pluto is nice? fuck it man.. i havent been Killing "everyone" just been dueling lately... i got too many friends.. must cut down my list.. RAWR I AM PK

C - Lo
01-03-04, 05:54
This is absurd. I've been on Saturn for months and I've yet to see someone pk or get pk'd.

IceStorm
01-03-04, 05:54
Pluto's civil, not nice. You can be civil and still kill people.

trigger hurt
01-03-04, 05:56
Originally posted by C - Lo
This is absurd. I've been on Saturn for months and I've yet to see someone pk or get pk'd.

Agreed. There have been punishments of law breakers, but definatly not pk unless pk stands for peace keeping.

Jake Cutter
01-03-04, 06:26

Don't get out much, do you? :D

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Des
01-03-04, 06:28
I may be alittle off base here but isn't one of the things about this game the danger factor?

It sucks to get pk'd and trust me I know, I've been there. But this is a game about a Cyberpunk-ish Shadowrun-ish type place right?

To the original poster I am truly sorry you had that happen. Visit Pluto and watch the boneheads just stand around and terrorize. Know what? They will get the same treatment back at them. Keep the faith but understand that it's a dangerous game.

Just my .02 nc

HumphreY
01-03-04, 06:36
There are THREE versions of PK though.

One is classic PK. You just running around or camping at spots (like outzone subway genrep) and attack anyone red in your F6 list.

Then there is faction PK. You rush to a popular level spot of your enemy. Knowing there are many of their low-mid level members. And try to kill everyone who is in that hostile clan. One of the most popular place for FA PK is Gaba, cause it's kinda like TT boot camp :)

The last one is suicide PK :p. Means, running amok and attack anyone regardless of rank and faction. Of course this is highly risky and somehow stupid :D

First version is condemnable.

Second version is tolerable and even useful if you want to deflect enemy forces while hackin elsewhere.

Third version is just cool :cool:

Jake Cutter
01-03-04, 07:04
Not off base...

But there is a difference between role-PvP and what actually goes on a lot on Saturn...

Like Richard Blade, I have also played on Saturn since USA retail began...and I don't intend on moving.

Some on the server seem to enjoy playing the psychopathic killer in the game. What do they care what others think? They have three alt characters to fall back on for tradeskills. And it's not like there aren't other like-minded people to help them anyway.

It's really ironic...if you complain about it you get labeled a "carebear" and the argument "don't try to force your way of playing the game on me" funny thing is...they themselves are guilty of forcing their way of gameplay on others.

"I'm only looking for a fair fight." -- what bullshit. As Richard described earlier, all the high level PK'ers at the MB bunker...hostile factions to one another, and all they were really looking for was an unsuspecting low-level character to gank. Never mind that they shoulda been beating the hell out of each other, and leaving the lowbies alone.

Neocron isn't a nice place, yeah. We don't all gather around, hold hands, and sing "kumbaya" around the campfire. (although I might have seen something like that in the wastes once) :D

It is a "post-apocalyptic future" but it is one with a civilization. Too bad there are so many people who are uncivilized. Every civilization has rules...even a mass murderer in a post apocalyptic society would be hunted down. Too bad the mechanics of the game (not to mention the low server population) prevent that from happening.

I don't want to kill anyone's fun in this game. You're entitled to play this game as you like...but remember, others pay the same $9.95 as you, and they are entitled to a good gaming experience as well. A little self-restraint would go a long way.

So stop being such pricks, eh? Use a little real-life consideration and restraint in your behavior. It might actually prove you are a bigger man than gunning down that lowbie who had no chance makes you think you are. They probably aren't going to remember your name anyway.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

SynC_187
01-03-04, 11:59

Funny I see your backpack around MB a lot.

Argent
01-03-04, 12:25
if I kill someone outside of NF its because they are my enemy..... why would I give items back?

You're BD, I'm FA.

Why am I your enemy?

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 12:33
jerry springer ? :lol:

VetteroX
01-03-04, 12:34
in game terms you are... and the items is in game.

As many know, im pretty decent to most people in game, but im sorry, being eveil is just fun....

Like a recent MB raid, some low level spy drives up to mb on his hover and strarts running for the gate.... you just know he has just gotten to mb after a hard journey and levelin in aggie cellars. So we killed him and blew up his hover over his dead body... was hilarious. had a good laugh on team speak.

and nothings funnyer then blowing up and LE users vehicle, and he turns around and looks at you, theres no expressions in neocron but you can still see the frustration and anger on his face and just says "damn wankers" and has to run off to wherever he was going. :lol: its fun being the bad guy.

Well, I know you guys love my heroic tales, but thats all for tonight.

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 12:36
you've gotta laugh at that ... heh poor noob :P

Archeus
01-03-04, 12:37
Some noob over the weekend said they had moved to Pluto because when they started off in TG they got harrassment and was told "TG is for Germans only".

A load of crap TBH. The sad thing is the handful of muppets who go on like this reflect badly on a nation of a whole.

Argent
01-03-04, 12:40

So you have no idea why I am your enemy?

Why am I not surprised?

angelsenior
01-03-04, 12:49
Well,
For me its dependent on the context/person whether I give the belt back or not.

If they piss me off in some way, hell will freeze over before they get it back,pkers can even forget all about it.

Otherwise, I only keep it if the person doesnt ask for it and/or I really NEED that item.

Other then that I dont even bother hacking belts of players which die when hunting mobs, wouldnt want to piss em off.

VetteroX
01-03-04, 12:55
Your RED and shooting reds is FUN and gives me ENJOYMENT hows that? And when I get a good item I like to keep it because, its a valuable item and increases my wealth, and since I dont know you, and dont play along side you, and dont chat with you, in game or on TS, and dont know the least bit about the people I kill, and dont really care to know, I dont care if they want their item back. They die, I hacked the belt, now its mine... simple as that. Ive lost 2 rares in my life... one when there were no quick belts and i synchd in an op fight and died, and one because of a careless mistake. Its your fualt when you lose a rare/good item. deal with it. put what you dont wanna lose in slot 1.

greploco
01-03-04, 12:57
I've been out a long while and I've been back for a while. It's definately been an active PK server in the past. All types -- random, role, and noob.

It's very hard to say if activity is up or down. After thinking about it, I would have to say up.

Make no mistake -- it's fun. But I do miss the LE at times. Occasionally, you just want to kick back and blow around and level and such. I hate leveling up chars but I shit you not, I'm tempted to start up another char from scratch just so I can have one LE char for maxin and relaxin.

Rudeness and general assholeishness. Well, you never know what you are going to get. I think all you can really do is toss up your hands and hope for the best when dealing with people.

I've seen all types. From old school H.A.T.E. clan who would RPK and without regard to much of anything to battling it out with someone who turns out to be nice - I've even struck up convos with them about tactics and server politics. as for belt returns - same thing. never know what you are going to get.

the best thing I think someone can do is just meet people head on with respect - even if that's initially not what they bring to the table.

... for every nasty experience - I've had a good one, so it's sort of balanced out.

Al3X
01-03-04, 12:58
everyone in this game (on saturn anyways) is rude, mean and narcissistic.....

sure, and everyone is selfish, mean, and griefing all the time.

:rolleyes:

you just met the wrong person at the wrong time at the wrong place.. everyone has bad luck some times, but that doesnt mean everyone is like that. and with an attitude like that you will never "find" the nice persons ;)

GT_Rince
01-03-04, 13:08

As many know, im pretty decent to most people in game

Oh please !!! :rolleyes: Don't talk shit!

Like a recent MB raid, some low level spy drives up to mb on his hover and strarts running for the gate.... you just know he has just gotten to mb after a hard journey and levelin in aggie cellars. So we killed him and blew up his hover over his dead body... was hilarious. had a good laugh on team speak.

Now this is the kind of action that will turn peeps off renewing subscriptions... Where is the fun in that for the noob? What have you done other than gank a runner who has no way of defending himself? How is that fun ?

greploco
01-03-04, 13:09

well you are unapologetic, I'll give you that. vett man, wat's up what that? Saying stuff like that, makes me want to roll a CM LE tank just to irritate you. villians are good for the game - but there comes a point where they damage the game. Like interfere with development of a faction.

military base is outa hand, it needs to get the "Tech Haven Treatment".

Starkes was a fun villian and he had guts too. That guy would sometimes go out on his own and take risks. That was back with the old droprules, warzones meant donky diddle. You die, you drop a wepon. Todays villians seem a lot more organized. All you need to do is hang out at the bunker and you will see invincible buffed PK crews run through ganging up on everyone.

ezza
01-03-04, 13:15
im sorry but why the hell do you guys hold starkes in such high regards, he killed more noobs than anyone else, sure he did kill high level players as well.

first time i met him i was less than 1/2 his level, he would kill noobs and blow vehicles up, you all seem to have sugar coated what really was happening.

he would killeveryone at the bunker, and that was mostly noob of about rank xx/10-20

and HATE were orginised, or was those occasions when they hit places like the canyon with 6 to 10 people unorganised?

im not bothered about the actions starkes done, but please dont try and rose tint it compared to what goes on now

Doc Holliday
01-03-04, 15:14

very very true. u open up on someone its with the intent to kill em. u win and u claim the spoils of war. if someones chooses to be "mean" let them get on with it. some people are just like that. i logged in the other day to a torrent of abuse from an unamed runner who accused me of fighting in pepper park moments before and killing people even tho my sl is clearly green and my tank is biotech ( not a huge choice of people to kill methinks. ) i was then told i was a n00b and i was insignificant and to stfu. sad thing is i had been in plaza on a diff char moments before and had relogged accounts. i pointed this out to the person who ignored the fact. And all this is on a supposed chilled carebear server that is uranus. o_O

Mattimeo
01-03-04, 15:23
So far Jake is the only one that sees the big picture I think.

Oh well. I'm sure when the game turns into gankocron because they "made the game less carebear" and it's only vett on the server they'll understand.

•Super|\|ova•
01-03-04, 15:26
and nothings funnyer then blowing up and LE users vehicle, and he turns around and looks at you, theres no expressions in neocron but you can still see the frustration and anger on his face and just says "damn wankers" and has to run off to wherever he was going.

:lol: Bitter maybe? Noooooo :rolleyes: Not to mention pathetic :cool:

El_MUERkO
01-03-04, 15:33
I'm sorry but wtf are some of you people on!?!

Saturn = Hardcore !?!

Saturn is not hardcore, the amount of spam on Trade NC and OOC is incredible, that doesnt make the server hardcore though.

Pluto = Nice !?!

Not to my knowledge, people use every dirty trick in the book to win. The one thing I will say is theres less chat spam but you still aint getting your favourite spell back and asking for it is a sign of weakness.

---------------

A while back I would of said Pluto was more 'hardcore' than saturn but now i'm not so sure, both servers have their good points and their bad points, I think if you started out playing on Pluto you will have played the same class for alot longer and know that runner better than someone on Saturn you can jump between classes more. However due to the 4 char nature of Saturn OP fights and ganking runs are far larger in scale, some of the fights in the last few weeks were great to look at even if i was on my back while I was admiring the scene.

My only complaints about each server is the Pluto REALLY needs more players to shake up the politics and give the server some new life and some of the runners on Saturn need to realise that spamming chat just reminds everyone that deep down inside they are still nibs, the kind of nibs you owned on CS so badly they screamed cheat and you laughed your fucking ass off at.

El_MUERkO
01-03-04, 15:37

As many know, im pretty decent to most people in game, but im sorry, being eveil is just fun....

and nothings funnyer then blowing up and LE users vehicle, and he turns around and looks at you, theres no expressions in neocron but you can still see the frustration and anger on his face and just says "damn wankers" and has to run off to wherever he was going. :lol: its fun being the bad guy.

Well, I know you guys love my heroic tales, but thats all for tonight.

I thought you cant blow up vehicles registered to LE users, or do they have to be in them?

ezza
01-03-04, 15:47
they have to be in the vehicle

IceStorm
01-03-04, 16:29
My only complaints about each server is the Pluto REALLY needs more players to shake up the politics and give the server some new life
Pluto has plenty of players. Quality over quantity. I prefer the sub-100 playercounts at night, personally.

Devils Grace
01-03-04, 16:34
Originally posted by Rade
Sexing corpses, GR camping (or any type of killing people with SI)
unless there is a specific reason for it, thrashtalking, zerging,
turret dropping midfight, ninja hacking etc etc. I dont see what
people get out of it. Interesting tho that its always the same
people doing it and that those people are always the fastest at
shouting about other people doing it regardless if thats true or
not.

simply

using every means necessary and availble to win

what the fuck is ur problem

"goes off and keep reading therest"

GT_Rince
01-03-04, 16:34
The population continues to grow on Pluto... On Saturday night ther was 322 peeps on Pluto. I was surprised to see just under 400 on Saturn at the same time.

Not a dig at Saturn this time, just that Pluto looking good :)

ezza
01-03-04, 16:38
its proberbly the lightweights from saturn who couldnt take getting killed so they moved to pluto;)

Devils Grace
01-03-04, 17:09
Originally posted by GT_Rince
The population continues to grow on Pluto... On Saturday night ther was 322 peeps on Pluto. I was surprised to see just under 400 on Saturn at the same time.

Not a dig at Saturn this time, just that Pluto looking good :)

and dont forget that old timers are coming back aswell

what really suprised me was that Venus has more ppl then ur anus

greploco
01-03-04, 17:10
im sorry but why the hell do you guys hold starkes in such high regards, he killed more noobs than anyone else, sure he did kill high level players as well.

he was universally democratic with his killin, everyone got it pretty much. he killed noobs, midlevel, and capped.

Also, it was _so_ much fun to hunt him. And you could do that too cause he wasn't in a group all the time surrounded by people. He would go out on his own and wade into large groups that were pretty dangerous. also - he wasn't a bad guy, certainly not an a-hole, and he was a real good villian. the game needs good villians.

ezza
01-03-04, 17:14
you dont think he was a ahole, you must of had trade off or something or didnt read the ingame forums, all you had to do was go click click click to get him going :lol:

the current crop of Pkers go for enemy faction kills of all levels high or low starkes went for all high or low.

you say pkers travel in packs now, hmm let me see, yesterday, vet was on his own outside the base, while i was on my own inside the MB WOW what a crew, no ppus nothing. but them people only tend to remember when they have a PPU with them :rolleyes:

greploco
01-03-04, 17:15
I'm sorry but wtf are some of you people on!?!

Saturn = Hardcore !?!

Saturn is not hardcore, the amount of spam on Trade NC and OOC is incredible, that doesnt make the server hardcore though.

Pluto = Nice !?!

he is right, pluto has always been a much tougher world. And people live and die by the reputation they have on pluto -- no escape to an alt.

Back when everyone on Saturn started complaning about random PK and vehicle ganking, etc. -- astonished Pluto people would weigh in and pretty much laugh at us. like "what the hell carebear server are you guys playing on".

(I play 90% on saturn)

ezza
01-03-04, 17:19
not everyone hides behind alts, all my combat chars(all 2 of them)are same as my forum name, so i dont buy this responsible for your rep kinda of thing

Devils Grace
01-03-04, 17:44
whats up with u ppl

ur the kids, that cant handle a little trashtalk on trade or ooc

if u bother to look u would see that almost all ppl there are shittalking kuz they like it

its ooc, means u cant spam under the new RoC, but u can talk whatever u want

Cant handle stay the fuck out, just mute the channle kuz u have that option u know.

Carkitakk ur a cool guy, but u are always in pp1, therefore u must know when u die, ur belt gets hacked

No one should expect his belt back...

if u dont want ppl to sex u, just dont ask for it back...

ive spending time on other servers, and what i see was that pluto isnt that diferent from saturn, only ppl are nicer kuz there arent many enemies or hate
and uranus is just a bunch of nice people, ide say almost all of them are nice to each other.

Saturn is the win, ppl do not get along with each other, wich it makes it way cool then the rest

when all are friendly the fun goes away.....

ppl have to stop complaining about beeing killed, belt hacked or shitalked, u got game mechanics to prevent everysingle thing that u complained about...............

foo damn whoes nibs

Organics
01-03-04, 17:51
@DG

Agree about the asking for your belt back thing, seems pointless really. Probably a legacy from UO for me where when you died, you would most likely get clean looted including clothes etc.

If someone kills you, and they loot your belt, I don't think many people are going to give it back. I never even bother asking, if I die, I die :) Such as it is.

Devils Grace
01-03-04, 18:02
yea i carry 5 rares on me 4 dropble, so i dont even bother unless is someone i know

but i expect always the same treatment i give to others

its comon sense....

everywhere u go there is good and bad ppl

all u have to do is learn to deal with it...

someone that goes to pp to fight has to understand tha they might loose their belt

and Cracki, its not the 1st time i saw u do this....

other time i saw u bicthing ppl for ur belt, at a point they start mocking on u...

GT_Rince
01-03-04, 18:03
Originally posted by Devils Grace
and dont forget that old timers are coming back aswell

Yup - I seen a few peeps come back in the last month or 2. Most of my old clan, Auriga & InsidiousWolf (scaring the noobs no doubt ;)). Also seen quite a few old Gang members running about recently :)

ezza
01-03-04, 18:04
out of interest are Sid and i also saw Fatal wolf the real guys or pretenders?

Glok
01-03-04, 18:07
Sid is the real one, dunno about Fatal. SilverWolf is back too.

Shadow Dancer
01-03-04, 18:14
Very nice sig Glok.

Glok
01-03-04, 18:17
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Very nice sig Glok. Heh, thanks. I'm a lousy artist, so I figured I'd just show off the tree in my apt. :)

jernau
01-03-04, 18:20
@DG - Go ahead and spam OOC to hell and back - I couldn't care less. It's when it spills onto TRADE I get annoyed. The channels are clearly labelled after all so it shouldn't be too hard to work out what they are for.

@ezza/grep - Starkes had no skills at all ffs. Read his posts on here - the guy had no clue what he was doing, he was just exploiting imbalances others in his clan told him about. The minute he saw anyone close to his rank he was off like a shot just like he quit the game the minute they fixed the exploits he needed to kill people half his rank. As for his attitude/behaviour - he was at least threatened with bans for that on several occasions, I don't recall if he was banned or not though.

Devils Grace
01-03-04, 18:22
Originally posted by jernau
@DG - Go ahead and spam OOC to hell and back - I couldn't care less. It's when it spills onto TRADE I get annoyed. The channels are clearly labelled after all so it shouldn't be too hard to work out what they are for.

O GOTA agree that trade has been very quiet since the latest RoC

and if u say otherwise ill call u a liar

ppl moved to ooc to bitch, and thast a fact

jernau
01-03-04, 18:26
It is a bit better now that's true though I did see both Mercuri and UD on there yesterday yelling at people. I don't think the spammers in question were in Cartel though which does make a change.

Devils Grace
01-03-04, 18:35
EHE

Cartel or not its irrelevent

loads of ppl learned with us and start shit talking

im not a spammer, i am teh spammer:D

i admit sometimes i go a little to far

but fuck it

Rade
01-03-04, 18:38
silverwolf is the real one at least, he remembered a detail from
when we fought before last christmas that only he would know,
so I would guess that the others are real as well.

Crackitakk
01-03-04, 22:16
fuck....i never sed i CANT handle the 'hardcore'ness but, sometimes its just unnecessary. people cant just step out of charactor every once in a while and appologize for doing something dickish, why not? cuz people like being assholes.

suler
01-03-04, 22:23
They are all the real thing.

greploco
02-03-04, 01:39
fuck....i never sed i CANT handle the 'hardcore'ness but, sometimes its just unnecessary. people cant just step out of charactor every once in a while and appologize for doing something dickish, why not? cuz people like being assholes.

I have no doubt that you can't handle this "hardcoreness" man. For me, sometimes it's a little much. It's why I miss the LE. So...

imho ->

it's up to you to kind of snap them out of it by what's happened in the game and start talking to them like they are just another guy/girl playing the game.

a complement, a question, a comment -- certainly nothing dishonest or ingratiating, has to be something real. Strike up a minor convo.

the most recent thing that happened to me was at an event. I wanted to get out there fast so I took my hover. Wouldn't you know it, someone blew it up. There was a reavler out there intact, people just seem to leave those alone. By the way - what that little fact means is that it's not the "boom" people are looking for it's just being mean. That's sad commentary. But anyway -- couple different ways I could deal with this. I asked around and found out who it was. I was pissed - but just went with "...did you just blow up my hover?" and skipped a lot of my anger. I could tell it woudn't take much for this guy to just say "f**c off loser" or something like that. So I kept my emotion out of it - and I got some cash for it.

I have run into people I can't deal with, you pretty much have to chuckle and say "whatever" to yourself. But if you want to raise the bar -- it's up to you. just the way it is.

40$Poser
02-03-04, 01:52
neocron is intended to be a cyper punk type world. Not everyone is hand in hand hug and flowers. Hacking has a purpose, some people enjoy hacking belts and gaining free items... people are spoiled the drop system isn't like some other mmorpgs, where you drop everything when you die or drop a decent amount of items.

Shadow Dancer
02-03-04, 01:53
Originally posted by 40$Poser
where you drop everything when you die or drop a decent amount of items.

Is their a mmorpg where your equipment is your life blood, and you drop all of it?

Just curious.

I know you dropped everything upon death in ultima online, but it was never the end of the world. Especially for mages who never drop spellbooks. Now if someone in NC lost all their equipment, that's a tremendous loss.

Crackitakk
02-03-04, 01:57
u dont have to be a carebare to be a nice person...just show a little respect, show some honor!!

Shadow Dancer
02-03-04, 01:59
Originally posted by Crackitakk
u dont have to be a carebare to be a nice person...

Omg, EXACTLY!

:angel:

Rieper
02-03-04, 02:07
i play on saturn so that i can attack everything i see, talk smack, sex corpses and insult people for no reason.. its the norm there and i dont care coz its not my server. Pluto and Uranus i hold back a lot more because when EVERYONE does that shit its just boring and kills the server. On Uranus when Ginger Magician was around, he was that guy that everybody loved to hate and he gave the server some personality. When everyone does it and theres no time just to chat with mates and idle in plaza 2, it gets boring, fast.