PDA

View Full Version : Gernade Launcher aiming....Pole

Clive tombstone
29-02-04, 19:00
OK, its a simple yes or no question.

SHOULD gernade launchers have Psi usage type aiming? (meaning its simple Point and click) My meaning behind this is because, well, Look how you have to fire the thing, You have to arc all your shots, and well. Come on, it be better that way, and Look, no one uses it (we'll cept me, and a few others:p ) Come on, Im guessing it wouldnt be that hard to change now would it?

Please respond with validated points, and good opinions.

El Barto
29-02-04, 19:08
I use it as well, but I voted no. This is because even though you are not aiming at a spacific target just at the air, the same could be said for the Raygun Cannons, Rocket Launchers and Fussion cannons as you are no always aiming at some one, just at some thing.

If that happened to all of them it woudl be unbalanced, and I don't think 1 AoE weapon should have the advantage over the rest, don't go saying that the Grenade launcher is shit either, Grenade Launcher = dr0m sex. Not like it takes long to aim it any way.

numb
29-02-04, 19:08
I dont think there is anything wrong with the current way grenade launchers work. I think the main reason people dont use them is the way they are quite low TL.

MortuusLupus
01-03-04, 02:54
I love my grenade launcher. The aiming is fun, one of the best things about it. I'm walking along in the sewers, I see a monster coming at me and I go all supah commando "EAT THIS MUTHAFUGGA!!!" BLAAAAM!!!

Spoon
01-03-04, 04:47
Do grenade launchers still bounce the nades off of walls?

My son was trying to tell me that just explode on the first impact they make, in other words you can't bounce them around corners and into basement rooms like you used to....

Organics
01-03-04, 04:52
Well when I made my Tank a few weeks ago I was bouncing grenades off walls and around corners :)

They explode fairly quickly, but you can get quite a few nice/cool shots alright, especially when you make a kill from around the corner :)

extract
01-03-04, 08:31
oooo a homing grenade.......

sounds.............

stupid

Heavyporker
01-03-04, 14:45
Absolutely not.

This may be unwarranted.. but...

*channels vetterox*

J00 nooblet! Pking with Grenade Launcher is the ultimate of h4x-@ss uberity. Don't carebear it up! I pk J00 with hand grenades!

*hands vetterox to Madame Cleo, which then proceeds to shriek in terror*

Anyways. DON'T change the aim or fire-style of the Grenade Launcher. It's perfect as it is. Just practice with it. And no, it doesn't always blow up on impact - just upon contact with mobs or fencing/sprites. Bounce them off concrete to be absolutely sure of getting bounces. And, oh yes... believe me.. the cool factor is beyond compare.