PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Jobs - longer missions

sw1tch
29-02-04, 17:20
Most people when in the earlyish stages of leveling choose to do missions, and they are constantly running back and forth from citycom to a nearby sewer or abandoned cellar.

I just feel all this repetativness is making the game less fun; I had a blast leveling up in beta, lots of the time i was still in the sewers with my starting knife hunting spiders for chitin and selling them for decent prices - a good living and making money from player interaction.

Leveling in beta also meant a lot of exploring, comming back from beta a few months ago I leveled up exploring, and still, on saturn, most outzone ind places, mainsewers ect were deserted.

What my idea is, is to pick up jobs from the Job center in plaza2, or maybe faction HQ's to give anti CA a chance to get jobs, as the guards in there are CityAdmin.

Once you have chosen a job, you can go exploring, killing required mobs, maybe making the mobs you need to kill a bit more open, ie killing plants, covers quite a few different type of plants, as finding the same type of plant becomes annoying as you ave to stick to their spawn locations.

This is not like an epic, you have the same sort of options as missions, but it is an ongoing thing that you get an hourly rare for or somethign similar.

Say for example you are a constructer, you could get a salary for pimping yourself out in plaza, as something I notice on lower population servers, tradeskillers tend to go out hunting as it is much better xp and money, this would cover some of the money side of things and experience can be recieved through hunting.

Poking could also be included, giving an hourly wage on the amount of pokes given, more pokes in this time means a higher wage, this shouldnt stop tipping but should give people a reason to help out others in tradeskills rarther than resorting to hunting for cash.

This is what the Job Center looks like for any of you who havent seen it:
The entrance on ground floor of plaza2
http://www.p0stwh0restores.com/uploads/switch/job-center.jpg

a nice metting place on the top floor for lunchbreaks :p
http://www.p0stwh0restores.com/uploads/switch/job-center2.jpg

Opar
29-02-04, 18:07
That would be pretty cool on an role-play server, actually. If you could actually set up buisness', hire people, pay them, cut salaries, a kind of buisness-tycoon jobby. Compete with rival companies to produce the best products, faster. And have people be able to buy stocks/shares in your company and stuff.

OoOoOoOo... and if characters NEEDED to eat. My character has ogne 50 NC years without food. I can imagine Sushi bars, actually, and adding a kind of emote thing, so when you use a Take-away Sushi people can see your actually eating it.

Anyway, nice idea.

Dribble Joy
29-02-04, 18:13
Instead of doing a mission, where you kill 5 of some mob for a single reward.
How about you get a temporay title like 'exterminator' and you gain a bonus to the xp and reward for each mob killed.
If you don't kill a mob for a cirtain period, you get fined and/or fired. (logging off doesn't affect this.)

El Barto
29-02-04, 19:10
I agree 100%

Sleawer
29-02-04, 19:11
This is something that would do good for the game.

At the moment missions are fast tasks that lack of story, plot or any argument that attracts you to the gameplay. While I agree that keeping these citycom fast missions are necessary (SL fixes, fast faction loyalty gain, etc..); I also believe in the need of a wide variety of long missions with some plot that addict us to the game and its story.

We need to get rid of the idea of boring and repetitive so-called missions that we have now. These are good for certain specific matters, they already cover that.

What we must do now in Neocron is creating an habit on people of following a story-line. This is only achieved through creating a wide plot of missions for each faction avaible since the very first levels. That way every player since the beginning would follow a story to complement with the Epic.

Epics are now pretty much an annoyance to do as fast as we can to get the goodies that they provide. The Epic Mission should be only a part of the many endeavours that our chararacters do at their pass through the game.

Also overall XP and Money mission rewards should be increased.
Longer missions should be very rewarding, as carrying them out would take varied times; from some hour(s) to some days. We have a considerable ammount of rares poluting the current pool, use them for missions if it's necessary.

I'm sorry for saying this aswell as not many people is going to agree with me I'm afraid; but Aggie cellars in the city sectors MUST go away. Sewers are a good start and their population is well balanced to not make them crowded, but the easy-mode that aggie cellars provide in the main city sectors (aswell as other mutant holes that are not used due being overshadowed by Plaza1/2 cellars) are harming the current balance of population in hunting zones.

If they never were created in first place, at this point we would have citycoms in one of the most beautiful-created places of all Neocron to do missions, which also is almost deserted right now: The OutZone.

I agree with the idea because the mission system really needs to be improved.

My thoughts.

james_finn
29-02-04, 20:29
Just to reiterate the points placed, Has n e one been to the main sewers and run all the way through? We need to promote teaming up for noobs and that way they could get all the XP that they need or would get from one of the most underused areas in all of neocron. Also one of the most beautiful areas. I only ran through it the other day because I was bored, and I was amazed.

Also maybe when a mission is accepted you go and talk to a guy in the job centre and he tells you where you need to go to find the certain mobs, and also which weapons are known to be useful against them?

UP THE OUTZONE -> REMOVE THE PLAZA AGGY CELLERS

Delphi

Marx
29-02-04, 21:50
Originally posted by james_finn
UP THE OUTZONE -> REMOVE THE PLAZA AGGY CELLERS

http://forum.neocron.com/images/5stars.gif

Maarten
29-02-04, 22:04
Great idea