PDA

View Full Version : The Craziest Bug I Had Ever Seen

Mingerroo
29-02-04, 15:50
I just remembered something that happened a few months ago that I didn't get around to sharing.

Myself and two friends were hunting warbots as usual, and we killed our fifth, I think it was. One of my friends was in the gunner seat of the reveller, while the other runner and I went to see who could hack the warbot first.

Then the weird shit happened, for all of us (I was in the same room as the reveller gunner), the warbot got up.

Not so strange you might say, but then we tried to hack it to no avail. Then the reveller started moving backward, with no driver, in the direction we had come from, reversing all our movements. The Warbot began walking backwards in a really odd reversed way and its health began ticking up. We didn't know what to do, we ran over to see if it was hackable, then my friend said that he saw 99999 damage come off my head and that although I had no health I was stilling running around. The same happened to him.

The gunner was OK because he had been reversed behind a hill.

Then we synced, and myself and the other hacker were both dead! That has to be the freakiest thing I've ever seen in Neocron, and I was really expecting eerie film "going in reverse" music.

Did anyone else see that sort of thing?

Steve

Psyco Groupie
29-02-04, 16:08
back in the days of my hybrid I think I rezzed a warbot by accident and it went on to keel my whole team *woops*

Mingerroo
29-02-04, 16:18
You could rezz mobs!?! Wow. I didn't think that was ever possible.

Steve

Psyco Groupie
29-02-04, 16:23
heh I think thats what happened anyway :P

I've had 2 warbots come back to life after hacking their mates too but I managed to kill em again in one shot .. so weird soemtimes

when stuff like that happens its best to move zone :P

Mingerroo
29-02-04, 16:24
Yeah, it was so eerie when it happened to me that I decided to log for a bit. It was just SPOOKY i tell you!

Steve

Doc Holliday
29-02-04, 16:45
hey groupie did u put that crack spliff u were toking on back in the ashtray before or after this incident happened o_O

Psyco Groupie
29-02-04, 16:56
lmao

I used to play on 56k so weird crap happened on a daily basis

PsiCorps
29-02-04, 16:59
Me and a friend were hunting warbots and Gabanium, and we were getting frozen and could hear the sound of the warbots laser hitting us, no mobs around but a wolf. We decided to kill the wolf (as you do in one hit) and it was taking 100's of damage, we managed to kill it and hack it.

ALL HAIL THE WOLFBOT TITAN! ill get a pic if i can find it

Psyco Groupie
29-02-04, 17:07
heh

Im sure I can across a big reaper spider that had grim hp / attack once

Eledhbrant
29-02-04, 17:24
A TG clan who took foster dropped a gat in the middle of the OP, everyone was hitting it except me saying "Why is that small lizard taking 1000's of damage?"

:p

Argent
29-02-04, 17:25
Happened to me once few months ago. I was alone and killed a WB, started hacking he "wakes up" to kill me.

darknessfairy
29-02-04, 17:55
Originally posted by Argent
Happened to me once few months ago. I was alone and killed a WB, started hacking he "wakes up" to kill me.

Well you all have like freaky stories :) ... Yeah one time there was such lag in the aggie cellars (plaza 2) That there were not one Spongebob...but 2!....OMG....That was freaky, both shooting...

http://darknessfairy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bob.jpg

PsiCorps
29-02-04, 18:09
ahh good you got a pistol pe :D most of my shit it pistol PE :o

darknessfairy
29-02-04, 18:20
wheee and i have a HC tank and a mellee tank and a apu (but i dont use my wack-a-bat tank or my apu much :()

So anything is good.....PM dude btw...

Yeah wierd bugs... we want your wierd bugs! NOW! Preferably with screenies to make us giggle

Ormy
29-02-04, 22:13
Lol, strangest one i've had was, i synced in the wastelands, came back and i was a different faction, and stayed that way for months untill i rerolled o_O