PDA

View Full Version : Lets put P-C & R-C Tanks, and M-C & H-C PE's on par with the mainstream classes.

Benjie
29-02-04, 12:30
Neocron has been acused of having too few classes. This should have always been possible in my opinion.

*edit* took away the babble.

leGit v. 2
29-02-04, 12:33
wtf no?

Benjie
29-02-04, 12:36
Originally posted by leGit v. 2
wtf no?
wtf no? Is a terrible reply. Your saying no for the sake of no. At least dignify your responce with a reason.

confused by the prospect of a tank weilding something other than a Devourer? Well take a look at the proffessions page. There is not a lot to be confused about. You will notice how it says that private eyes are jack of all trades, and you will notice that there is such a thing as a pistol tank. This is how it was planned to be. What is there to be confused about?

leGit v. 2
29-02-04, 12:45
if you think about.. in order for a pistol tank to be viable it would require more dex points.. Then a Pe would be useless? more con then a PE... melee PE needs more str.. then all the cap stats would have to change.. then all the classes would might as well have the same cap. USELESS classes then.. would be more bitching

superfresh
29-02-04, 12:58
Been playing a lot of Neverwinter Nights. 11 classes, 11 prestiege classes for advanced characters, and you can multiclass. There are so many variations of what you can do with a character its amazing. Given its an entirely different game, but NC does include skill distribution and character development.

Looks to me like NC comes down to only a couple of useable variations per class.

Any in-game design that encourages uniqueness sounds good to me.

Judge
29-02-04, 12:59
if you think about.. in order for a pistol tank to be viable it would require more dex points.. Then a Pe would be useless? more con then a PE...

Actually a PE would still be more viable because they have Shelter/Blessed Deflector.

XanX
29-02-04, 13:34
I have played a HC PE, and Will play a Libby Tank soon-ish :D

So yes god damnit, Just make a PA Vendor, that allows you to edit the stats on the Classed PA, so a tank PA that gives dex, or a PE PA that gives STR

Benjie
29-02-04, 13:41
if you think about.. in order for a pistol tank to be viable it would require more dex points.. Then a Pe would be useless? more con then a PE... melee PE needs more str.. then all the cap stats would have to change.. then all the classes would might as well have the same cap. USELESS classes then.. would be more bitching
Balance means to make all classes even.

The downside you are pointing out is an interesting one, because not only do I want to make sure that never happens, (hence balance the 4 classes instead of just boost them) but your downside is something I am trying to fix in the first place.

You say a pistol tank will make a pistol pe useless. If balanced correctly this will not be the case, but look on the flip side. The pistol pe currently makes the pistol tank useless.

I'm not saying one should be better than the other, or that pistol tanks should be the same as pistol tanks in every way. Just that more classes would be a good thing, and making these 4 options viable would allow that.

Glok
29-02-04, 13:51
Sorry Benjie, I don't like this idea. If a character wants to go outside the usual boundaries of their class, they should have to deal with being a little underpowered. Besides, ask Kramer if melee PEs aren't viable. HC PEs see their best use in vehicles, and RC/PC tanks just don't have the dex to truly make them viable. The only way to fix that one would be to raise tank dex cap, and that will never happen.

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 13:59
Tank's can do pretty good with rifles and pistol's...

tank's are one of the toughest classes when not buffed, a rifle tank can spec to use the commando I think, which gives some good range, you jsut gotten rember not to try and cap your weapon, just be good enough to use it..

See it, you hear a sniper, you go to gank that silly spy up close and get a ESB or plasma cannon pulled on you..

yea so it's not pure pistol or rifle, taking heavy or melee at the same time is good....

A pure pistol tank's not bad, though not great..

A pure heavy PE is not great, but good enough..

an APU spy is not good, but fun to play around with..

A pure melee psi monk can be amazingly effective if coupled with PPU powers...

Strych9
29-02-04, 15:30
Where is the analysis as to whats NOT balanced about em now?

I have played the HC and MC PE... capped... WITHOUT drugging and using a marine (which I just didnt do) the HC PE can use a Fusion Cannon and a Tangent Speed Gat, Hack Ops, Wear Inq4/Duranit4, Cast Bless Def and Shelter, etc. MC can use a Vein Ripper- BoC I believe with the marine drugged setup.

Of course the name of the melee weaps that they can use will change with the next patch, but damage should be there still, so no biggie.

Maybe if you explain what is unbalanced, it will make it easier to vote.

I found the str-focused PE to be easy and fun and effective.

EDIT: Considering that I see no explanation of how they are less viable, the poll options are rather slanted...

L0KI
29-02-04, 15:42
I like my Melee PE to be a complete drug whore.

People are amazed when i beat them. I like it that way ;)

Devils Grace
29-02-04, 15:49
Balance is not makig a H-C PE equal to a H-C Tank

thats stupidity

DrNarf
29-02-04, 15:50
The thing is some classes only need very slight changes when not using weapons designed for their class. If tpc was 81 str instead of 84, then hc pes could use it without drugs, if inq1 armour was a few str levels lowers spies could use it without as many str boosting imps. They don't need any major boosting, just some... tweaking.

Psyco Groupie
29-02-04, 16:03
a tank has 70 dex .. theres only so viable they can be ... (no if your stupid)