shooting its very annoying.

And dont confuse this with a nerf devourer thread, its nothing of
the kind, I like the devourer and other than this "bug" I think its a
balanced gun.

Please rate this thread if you think its priority to solve this
problem.

Ferabukoo
29-02-04, 11:46
Well since i have a barton 2500 I get shit fps, i have a 9800 pro Oc'ed to a 9800xt

Yet when i got my new video card, i hardly saw any change in fps.

And yes the Dev doesnt ******** my chars, it ********** my computer. SO bad that i cant shoot or even look at em.

Hayato
29-02-04, 11:51
yup devs smash my fps so hard....... and i got a good vid card and everything.......

Rade
29-02-04, 11:52
Originally posted by Ferabukoo
And yes the Dev doesnt ******** my chars, it ********** my computer. SO bad that i cant shoot or even look at em.

Exactly, its horrible, its like having a weapon that crashes
someone or whatever, I cant believe that there hasnt been
uproars about dev exploits on the forums already.

Fez
29-02-04, 11:53
i always get lag from dev's there graphic effect spray need to be changed, am at the point when a dev comes out i just leave cause i justy dont want to deal with the lag

Ascension
29-02-04, 11:58
This is the reason the copbot rifle was removed because the significant lag it caused/bad fps it caused

bounty
29-02-04, 12:00
any type of flame weapon in any game gives some serious lag (return to castle wolfenstein did it with very minimal lag, but was still minimal).

naimex
29-02-04, 12:00
???

Doesn´t affect FPS for me....

If I have 60 fps in that zone.. i have 40 fps in combat.. and then 20 fps in extreme combat..

no matter the weapon.

Hayato
29-02-04, 12:01
my god i only get 60 in no busy zone 30 at plaza and places with stuff ike that and mabey 20 at op fights....

Max Jefferson
29-02-04, 12:07
I think you'll find that the gfx card has almost zero say in Neocron's frame rate. When the engine was made, not a whole lot of development time went into hardware acceleration. It all comes down to the CPU in the end.

DoY will be implementing some serious hardware acceleration and pixel/vertex effects apparently, that should make the game look significantly better and run significantly faster for those of us with a newer gfx card :)

Lifewaster
29-02-04, 12:14
Dev doesnt effect my frame rate at all, but then my settings are pretty low, maybe thats why I cant see stealthers when others say they are easy to follow.

ezza
29-02-04, 12:47
i aint had devs effect my FPS, sure i get bad FPS in battles when there being used, but thats cos theres a load of us in one area fighting.

never suffered from it in 1v1s

Rade
29-02-04, 13:20
It seems to affect about 50% of the players from what Ive
gathered so far.

Xylaz
29-02-04, 14:45
now, this is really really wierd

i am absolutely sure that on my crappy 1.8 celeron and ati 8500 128 mb i have never lagged when figting devourer... but insted CS and liberator bursts from close distance are making my PC basically freeze (fps go down to 3-5 for a second or two)...

but it might be connnection issue as well, hard to say

az

Psyco Groupie
29-02-04, 14:57
your tried running nc at high priority ?

El_MUERkO
29-02-04, 15:17
Originally posted by Ferabukoo
Well since i have a barton 2500 I get shit fps, i have a 9800 pro Oc'ed to a 9800xt

Yet when i got my new video card, i hardly saw any change in fps.

Your setup must be borked then, I have a Barton 2500 and a 9800 non-pro and I get great FPS even during big Op wars, I also play at 1600*1200

RayBob
29-02-04, 18:58
Perhaps they could modify the special effect for better performance. The lag is bad not only for the PE being shot but also for the tank shooting him. This fix would help everyone.

Rade
29-02-04, 19:03
How do you run in high priority? Just installed XP, been running
w2k for years...

El Barto
29-02-04, 19:05
WHen I use the dev I lag a bit, even though its a bit its a botch to hit any one.

Drake6k
29-02-04, 19:06
I have a very nice computer and the Dev lags me horribly. If I look at the fire I get 2 - 3 fps... Why doesn't kk remove all the devs? :D

Fez
29-02-04, 19:06
cntrl+alt+delte= task manager, click the proccess tab find the item u wish to set the proirity right click, set proirity :P

Drake6k
29-02-04, 19:07
Originally posted by Fez
cntrl+alt+delte= task manager, click the proccess tab find the item u wish to set the proirity right click, set proirity :P

You should be able to set this in the options and not have to ctrl-alt-del every time you get into the game... When I do it my fps stops jumping around and my ping drops 35 (on realtime).

Dont know if it stops dev lag though.

ServeX
29-02-04, 19:10
I get a solid 70 frames per second while shooting devourer.

ezza
29-02-04, 19:11
Originally posted by ServeX
I get a solid 70 frames per second while shooting devourer. you would:rolleyes:

Rade
29-02-04, 19:13
Originally posted by Fez

Uhm there ought to be a way to make a program start at high
priority by default no?

Max Jefferson
29-02-04, 19:20
You should be able to set this in the options and not have to ctrl-alt-del every time you get into the game... When I do it my fps stops jumping around and my ping drops 35 (on realtime).

Uhm there ought to be a way to make a program start at high The point is, we shouldn't have to do this, its a total hack and can really mess with the rest of your computer.

It's like having 2 CPUs running an infinite loop to finish it faster. :wtf:

My guess is KK needs to take a look at Neocron's particle system, and add in a bit more optimisation then they currently have. Or at least cut down on the number of particles in the flamethrower effect until they can get around to it. I'd rather had a slightly nastier flame effect then have 3 fps :(

r0x
29-02-04, 19:55
yeah FPS are shit with dev :(

Shadow Dancer
29-02-04, 20:52
Wait. Have you tried turning down MISC TEXTURE DETAIL?

That's what I had to do, to stop getting lagged by beam spells.