PDA

View Full Version : A new bug to add to the *long* list

g0rt
29-02-04, 10:49
never happened before in my neocron career, has happened 3 times in the last 10 minutes

in the middle of fighting a warbot, notice im no longer doing dmg to the warbot no matter how much i shoot it, go to switch to my heal to heal myself, cant switch weapons. the game is working, im not lagged OUT, the warbot is walking around firing at me, and i can swing at it....but CONVENIENTLY im not doing dmg to it, but it IS doing dmg to me

luckily relogging fixes it up, but wtf? does this have to do with all this shit lag saturn has been getting lately? needs a fix...

g0rt
29-02-04, 10:54
appearantly logging out didn't work this time, i just logged in dead

now i can spend 15 minutes of my time booting up my laptop and running my ppu out to res myself

thx kk and we wonder why noobs dont stay int eh game for more then thier 10 day trial :rolleyes:

Omnituens
29-02-04, 11:07
this is an old bug; ive seen it alot on my rifle spy.

its fucked up. How else can i put it?

extract
29-02-04, 11:12
its happened a few times to me on uranus lately, ame scenario hunting wbs, shooting then dmg just stops, wb stops moving, its useless running around cause btt youre pc catches up to the server, the wb is already knee deep in ur ass...normally i just sync out come back with like 5 HP left just long enough to watch myself die.....it sucks.

Darkborg
29-02-04, 11:16
i tried this a few times on pluto near gaba mine as well really annoying at times.

Ehyuko
29-02-04, 12:22
This is due to lag/packet loss/synching.

Server doesn't recieve response/further data from you, however mobs [and other players] can attack your motionless body [as the server thinks youare just standing there/logging out]. You not recieving any further data from the server can not change items nor effect your health/enemy's health as your client requires validation server side for these actions.

This is not a new bug, this is a connection issue somewhere between your machine and the Neocron servers.

dr.fish
29-02-04, 14:20
happened to me while kiling rats for swithcing factions this morning...

naimex
29-02-04, 15:32
Solution :: Stop firing, wait till weapon has no effect / gfx from last shot.. Remove reticle from target, let reticle close in again. start firing.

Killed 30 wbs today.. happened 3 times.. and above mentioned thing made it do dmg again..