PDA

View Full Version : Paying Customers...

Ferabukoo
29-02-04, 09:08
Since we are all paying customers who post on this forum... I would like to be able to post about WHAT IS GOING ON IN-GAME

And not have things closed with the good 'ol "keep it in game"

WE are all paying for this.. so why the fuck cant we post about it?

Necrosadistic
29-02-04, 09:10
Because then the forum will be full of clan rivalry bitching and "have you seen my mate anywhere" posts.

And you can post anything about ingame stuff in the RP forums anyway, you just have to be a little more creative with what you post... Having to keep IC controls a lot of the possible idiocy that could be typed...

Ferabukoo
29-02-04, 09:12
if i want to post about something that is going on in the game.. i should be able to...

there can still be the "flaming" editing

but i want to talk about things that go on in the game

G.0.D.
29-02-04, 09:16
Maybe you should be asking about getting a special section of the forums dedicated to ingame flame fests?

I would rather they not populate the community talk.

Ferabukoo
29-02-04, 09:22
who said it would be flame fest

kurai
29-02-04, 09:49
Originally posted by Ferabukoo
who said it would be flame fest What ... you are seriously telling me you don't think it would go that way after the 2nd post ? :rolleyes:

Gotterdammerung
29-02-04, 09:56
Originally posted by Necrosadistic
Because then the forum will be full of clan rivalry bitching and "have you seen my mate anywhere" posts.

And you can post anything about ingame stuff in the RP forums anyway, you just have to be a little more creative with what you post... Having to keep IC controls a lot of the possible idiocy that could be typed...

He said it perfectly.

Originally posted by Ferabukoo
if i want to post about something that is going on in the game.. i should be able to...

there can still be the "flaming" editing

but i want to talk about things that go on in the game

If you want to post thoughts about weapons, or spells, or character classes or percieved balance issues fine, but there will be no "WFT, ____ ninja hacked our OP today & they gave us all wedgies too !!!!"

The rule is abundantly clear, there will be no harassing other people or clans nor bringing unwanted attention to them. As far as the "there can still be the "flaming" editing" well there is more to being a moderator then cleaning up rants & raves. However you may want to think of it, this official forum is the extension of an international business entity (ie:Reakktor Media) and as such it has to operate with a certain ammount of professionalism & decorum. Players have to feel that the site is informationally accessable to them and that they have the freedom to peruse & post on the forums without having to suffer the barbs of some troll. The rule applies across the boards, if someone flames or curses at someone it is edited, likewise if the person who the original flame was aimed at replied in kind it would also be edited. We strive to make the forums an equal place for any & all kind of customers.

However there are rules and they have to be abided by. I'm a big fan of intelligence and if people would use the time they have when typing and come up with a witty remark instead of "stfu noob" you'd be surprised at the discussions you can have. For those players who have an issue with that there are other places they they can express thenselves as vulgarly as they want to, but it isn't going to happen here.

Artie
29-02-04, 10:10
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
He said it perfectly.

If you want to post thoughts about weapons, or spells, or character classes or percieved balance issues fine, but there will be no "WFT, ____ ninja hacked our OP today & they gave us all wedgies too !!!!"

The rule is abundantly clear, there will be no harassing other people or clans nor bringing unwanted attention to them. As far as the "there can still be the "flaming" editing" well there is more to being a moderator then cleaning up rants & raves. However you may want to think of it, this official forum is the extension of an international business entity (ie:Reakktor Media) and as such it has to operate with a certain ammount of professionalism & decorum. Players have to feel that the site is informationally accessable to them and that they have the freedom to peruse & post on the forums without having to suffer the barbs of some troll. The rule applies across the boards, if someone flames or curses at someone it is edited, likewise if the person who the original flame was aimed at replied in kind it would also be edited. We strive to make the forums an equal place for any & all kind of customers.

However there are rules and they have to be abided by. I'm a big fan of intelligence and if people would use the time they have when typing and come up with a witty remark instead of "stfu noob" you'd be surprised at the discussions you can have. For those players who have an issue with that there are other places they they can express thenselves as vulgarly as they want to, but it isn't going to happen here.

Hmmm, true. The only problem is too few people use the forum rp section...

(If i may be so bold) Could i make a suggestion? How about a
link between the two forums (the ingame and out of game one)
so you could access the ingame email and forum in the forum here....
Granted, i do all buisness on the citycoms inside
pp1 zone....so things stay edgy....(how i like it ;) ) but there's
also the times you need to make massive posts and not worry
about your client.exe crashing (no offense kk ;) )

Ferabukoo
29-02-04, 10:17
Well i do see your point.. I just think it would be nice to have a forum set aside for bitching and flaming :P

Keep it moderated for racism and shit like that :)