PDA

View Full Version : I spend more time....

shizzu
29-02-04, 07:25
trying to log into the game and play than I do playing! =(

The only thing that has changed on my system is the location. I used to live in Washington and used cable broadband. Now I live in Alaska and I have a shitty dial up.

I log in about 10-20 times to get repeated bugged inventory, 50/80, fre'd and so on and so forth. Once in a lucky moon, I will log in and shit will be working. Then the game fre's and I have to spend the next 10-20 minutes trying to log into a working game.

I am beginning to wonder if I need pyschiatric help. Cuz any sane person would have kicked this shit to the curb a long time ago!

waaah... waaahhh.....waaahhhhH!!!!!

Invertigo
29-02-04, 07:35
its pretty much the same for me...takes me about 3-6 trys at logging in everytime i crash or just logon...

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 07:37
Originally posted by shizzu
Now I live in Alaska and I have a shitty dial up.

I'm guessing this is your problem, distance + connection

I hardly get a connection problem once a month, Uk +cable =pretty good connection..

So, I'd suggest maybe getting a satalite modem..

Invertigo
29-02-04, 07:41
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
I'm guessing this is your problem, distance + connection

I hardly get a connection problem once a month, Uk +cable =pretty good connection..

So, I'd suggest maybe getting a satalite modem..

well...i live in california, and i got a connection of 3000/250 and my average ping is 210-220.

and it still takes me a shit load of time relogging...same with all my friends...

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 07:47
My normal ping's are 50 or below..

It's mainly the distance, it's not like the NC server's are near where you are.. also you bouncing over a large part of the world. and a few hubs..

BTW, best ping you could get the distance your having to go would be 100-150 or there about's..

naimex
29-02-04, 09:02
if you run a trace on data sent from your place to neocron servers..

we tried doing it..

we all got the same result..

a few stops here and there.. (same places but just internal traffic in own country)

then for some reason it goes to "hamburg" then to "london" and then back to "hamburg".

this doesn´t make much sense to me..

and of course the more places it has to go, the more lag you will get..

My trace had 14 points of contact before it hit the NC servers.. I have a normal ping of 60-70 (from denmark)

a mate had 17 points of contact before he hit the NC servers, he has normal ping of 160-190

and last participant of the test had 12 points of contact before she hit the NC servers, she has normal ping of 40-70

so I believe (after being convinced by my mate) that the amount of jump points before reaching the server also affects FRE/SYNCH/LAG/SPIKES w0tever.

shizzu
29-02-04, 09:23
satellite, your funny! =(

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 09:58
Originally posted by shizzu
satellite, your funny! =(

Was not joking..

you can get modem's that get data from the web via satalite, you only send via 56K...

other system's where you both send and recive though sat are also out there...

naimex
29-02-04, 12:05
Was not joking..

you can get modem's that get data from the web via satalite, you only send via 56K...

a mate o mine had satellite connection..

1 mbit / 1 mbit

Was sweet as hell.. but rainy clouds.. then you might as well be sitting on a 28.8 bps modem..

shizzu
29-02-04, 19:50
The local library recently had satellite installed and I tried it out, it pretty much sucked the hind t*t, if you know what I mean. I think Alaska is just a far off place that the rest of the lower 48 isn't concerned about. Example - position of satellites for television or communication, cost of shipping, so on and so forth.

=P

Capt. Rik
29-02-04, 20:00
Originally posted by naimex

How do you run a trace? I'm curious of the results

Psyco Groupie
29-02-04, 20:29
Was not joking..

Thats only useful for downloads for obvious reasons ...

Marx
29-02-04, 21:12
Originally posted by Capt. Rik
How do you run a trace? I'm curious of the results

open your command prompt / dos window and type "tracert <server ip>"

Invertigo
29-02-04, 21:19
Originally posted by naimex

we tried doing it..

we all got the same result..

a few stops here and there.. (same places but just internal traffic in own country)

then for some reason it goes to "hamburg" then to "london" and then back to "hamburg".

this doesn´t make much sense to me..

and of course the more places it has to go, the more lag you will get..

My trace had 14 points of contact before it hit the NC servers.. I have a normal ping of 60-70 (from denmark)

a mate had 17 points of contact before he hit the NC servers, he has normal ping of 160-190

and last participant of the test had 12 points of contact before she hit the NC servers, she has normal ping of 40-70

so I believe (after being convinced by my mate) that the amount of jump points before reaching the server also affects FRE/SYNCH/LAG/SPIKES w0tever.

well...i only get 15 hops, and the first 9 are all under 100ms, then from there it goes to 165 when it goes to london, from there it does 2 hops in hamburg, then one more hop but it doesnt really say a location, after that hop it does 2 more and those 2 hops look like the NC servers...

so i only get 15 hops and i have a 3000/250 cable connection, and i ping average of 210-220...

so i dont really think the amount of hops matters THAT much, i think its just more of a distance thing