PDA

View Full Version : armor resists vs natural resists

greploco
29-02-04, 06:44
is there a difference vs armor resists and natural resists ?

I had this bang up idea to remove all my fire resist, put that into energy resist and xray, and then wear INQ armor all the time.

then someone told me that basic resists protected more than armor resists

:\

what's the story ?

petek480
29-02-04, 06:44
armor resists are worth more then your natural resists.

Psycho Killa
29-02-04, 06:45
Armor resisits protect slightly better then con resists.

For almost any class all the same of one armor type is usualy not a good idea.

Say u wear all 4 inqusitions (imma guess your a tank or pe)

and u get for the sake of argument 100 fire resists from armor. You now want to get 100 energy.

Now to do this you need to spend 175 points into con.

Now if you wear half inqusition half energy armor you now have 50 energy 50 fire. To reach 100 in each you only need to spend 50 points in con under each resist for a total of 100 con points spent compared to 175 if you use all inq.

(These numbers are completely made up and dont factor in the fact that con is slightly less protective then armor)

naimex
29-02-04, 08:39
1 armor resist point = 1 resist point at 100 in a resist skill

1 armor resist point < 1 resist point at 101 and above in resist skill

1 armor resist point > 1 resist point at 100 and below in resist skill

BASE Resist also referred to as "Steel Skin" gives any runner without any armor or skill resists a base protection of 33 %
(NPCs and MOBs have a base protection of 0 %)

CAP of resist skill with imps is 114

114 resist skill = 119 armor resist

200 armore resist = 76 % protection cap

defensive psi spells go above protection cap, theoretically making you go to 99 % protection.

(something like that.... anyways 99 % of all runner made formulas on ingame skill scale are experimental formulas or guesses/theories on how they evolve throughout the skills... the last 1 % are GM/DEV written/released formulas, that has to be thought off.. but not without doubt.)

Lifewaster
29-02-04, 12:05
I find u need some of both at least proir to 100 armor, as if they somehow modify each other.

Eg: zero poison con plus 71 armor hevy belt still = heavy damage from cave mobs , while 20 con plus 46 armor medium belt = low damage from cave mobs.

Doesnt make sense but seems to be the case.

However as monk with over 150 energy armor, I find con resist in energy doesnt seem to help at all, so this doesnt seem to apply once armor goes above a certain point.

Biznatchy
29-02-04, 14:57
neocron.ems.ru

Tycho C
29-02-04, 15:06
plz note: while neocron.ems.ru's ideas on resists are not completely correct, it IS a good place to start if you have no idea

Dribble Joy
29-02-04, 15:08
Armour affects how much dmg you absorb.

Resists under CON and STR, add a cirtain amount to you armour score. (total armour resist)

Up to and including resist = 100, the addition to total armour resist is resist X 0.9

Above resist 100 it gets odd. 103 resist = 103 armour bonus, 114 resists (the resist cap) = 119 armour bonus.

The total armour resist cap is 200.

//edit: Taken from ems.ru of course.

Doc Holliday
29-02-04, 16:44
Rawr. Rawr. Resists... Wheres QD????? o_O

Dribble Joy
29-02-04, 16:47
QD deactivated his game account in december, as per KK new forum rules he cannot post here anymore.
(though the software hasn't kicked in yet, afaik he can actually still post, but doesn't want to risk it.)

Doc Holliday
29-02-04, 16:48
u jus didnt get the humour did ya. it was a rethorical question........

Dribble Joy
29-02-04, 16:49
Dribble brain is hurting.. dribble brain still not feeling good.. stop teasing dribble brain!!!