PDA

View Full Version : Kami chip viability

Dribble Joy
29-02-04, 03:39
Basically I would like to know two things.

I would like kami chips to be viable assets to people as implants, variety and less cookies is good.
Do you agree?

I have been looking at kami setups for all classes and the trade off for the high bonuses is just too high to make the use of kami chips viable.
The int malus is fine, but the energy/piercing is to me, too high.

So I would like to know if a reduction of 25% of the energy/piercing malus would be OK. (down to 75 on the pc/rc/hc kamis, 150 on th apu)
I have looked at setups for all classes and I don't think they would be over powered, in fact still not great, but bareable and a bit more fun.

Myrlin
29-02-04, 03:43
I love my kami rifle spy. I don't think the force/pierce malus is too much.

~Drav~
29-02-04, 03:43
Look at it this way

psi kami

APU's can only use the kami so..

Fuck all Defence - defence still = fuck all defence

and that gets you the ability to run cast your HAB 8| and cap mana pool

Dribble Joy
29-02-04, 03:48
The difference in defence between a kami apu and a non kami apu is HUGE, and to me the slight increase in overall effectiveness is not worth the loss.

Valkyrie
29-02-04, 03:49
I stuck a kami in my HC tank for a few days, it was hot aiming so quick with the cs and especially the dev, but no way worth it for the defense hit. I actually maintained perfectly reasonable energy defense, but the -200 piercing was the killer.

Shadow Dancer
29-02-04, 04:00
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
The difference in defence between a kami apu and a non kami apu is HUGE, and to me the slight increase in overall effectiveness is not worth the loss.

Thank you dribble, you are so right.

Also, you can't run/cast hab.

Basically you get to cap your mana pool, and cap your rare barrels which are crap anyways.

It's useless in PvP imo, and it's only good for leveling. But it makes little sense that an awesome leveling tool can no longer be acquired(and back then only acquired by capped or near capped chars).

Drake6k
29-02-04, 04:01
Right now its just a cool rare item to have. They already are useable but not something everyone is going to try and get. You can make some cool setups with them... If they became better I think they should at least drop again.

I'm wondering if I should blow the cash on one now or if they will come back when DoY is out...

sw1tch
29-02-04, 04:08
on spies it frees up so many points allowing you to have otherskills in dex without offensive gimpage for a more fun character.
The points it frees allows for very high agility (it also adds +15 agility and ath i think) meaning with 90/75 runspeed you wont get hit half as much but the hits do hurt a lot more, but i mean whats 1 more CS burst? ;)

Also very good for leveling fast, although because of the minus's; fire or poison mobs are best. Swamp caves +kami spy = win