PDA

View Full Version : Something i found!

ZoomZoom
29-02-04, 03:02
now i havnt got a screenie of it and my scanner isnt installed and lost the cd and dont wanna look for the driver but more to the point...... i was looking at my neocron booklet the one u get with the game and i see there is a mineing tool :confused: was this ever used in beta or something and what was it used for.

trigger hurt
29-02-04, 03:06
it was around for some time in beta. I dont think it worked very well. Supposedly, you are supposed to be able to walk up to stuff, use the tool and get junk from it.

Kinda like the tool that's supposed to take stuff and give you parts/junk/chems from it, but usually gives you wood...err...peices of wood.

Valkyrie
29-02-04, 03:06
it was in beta, pretty useless really it extracts metal junk from rocks or something. AFAIK there are a few in existence in retail, mebee GM spawned.

ZoomZoom
29-02-04, 03:13
i want one :mad:

paying 500k for the mineing tool :eek:

Judge
29-02-04, 03:19
I think that Reefsmoker had one ages ago.... dunno wether he still plays though.

I heard that G.O.D had one as well.... though that might just have been him trying to con someone. :p

funkeymonkey
29-02-04, 03:37
Never noticed that before. Says here in the manual. "Advances in miniaturization made it possible to combine the process of mineral detection, separation and extraction into one tool. The first models were still very large, two or three men were needed to move the mining tool. The old high pressure cylinders were heavy and could only be carried by mining bots"

Gotterdammerung
29-02-04, 03:44
the search function is your friend

http://www.geocities.com/xxspoonxx2001/Neocron/miningtool.txt

Myrlin
29-02-04, 03:51
You'll need to right click on Gotts link and save it to disk. Then you need to rename it from .txt to .jpg and it will work.

Valkyrie
29-02-04, 03:55
Originally posted by Myrlin
You'll need to right click on Gotts link and save it to disk. Then you need to rename it from .txt to .jpg and it will work.

Eh? :confused: I just clicked the link and it worked :)

El Barto
29-02-04, 05:08
Think it was in beta and early retail, hope they bring it back though, looks cool.

Spoon
29-02-04, 07:52
ph34r the Ubar Mining Tool!!!!!1111111

I looted that(in the pic) and a couple other Mining Tools from an Equipment Box in OZ 2(in Beta)..
Never did get anything out of that Tree Trunk..........:o

The Mining Tools were TL 4 and researchable.......

That Tree Trunk was the only thing I every found that it would work on, although I think Reefsmoker said that there were "Rocks" in the wastelands that it would work on.

As for Retail, you would think if it ever was in Retail, there would be some BP's floating around........

Gotterdammerung
29-02-04, 08:09
I remember someone in retail (though I forget what server) said they had blueprints so maybe they'll pipe up

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 08:14
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
I remember someone in retail (though I forget what server) said they had blueprints so maybe they'll pipe up

Probably not..

They used to drop in hackboxes in retail, though I'm pretty sure the people who had em didn't sell em and left for greener grass, or simply rerolled..

I mean, other than braggin right's, why would you want a useless tool?

Spoon
29-02-04, 08:24
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
I mean, other than braggin right's, why would you want a useless tool?

I think there might be some roleplay value to it(Mining Tool), due to it's uniqueness......

But hey, the Dildo of Maven is useless......
And it's in high demand.....;)

G.0.D.
29-02-04, 09:08
I know some one with like 300+ dildos of mavens, she sells them for 1mil a piece :)

MortuusLupus
29-02-04, 11:12
Originally posted by G.0.D.
I know some one with like 300+ dildos of mavens, she sells them for 1mil a piece :)

120/120 condition, I would hope...